Omnicare Employee Reviews

Ha!
Customer Service/Billing (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 18, 2017
Run you like dogs. Big suits come in and close down your office and walk out like it's nothing. No help with work. They walk all over you and kick you when your down
Pros
nothing
Cons
every thing possible.
what i learned
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Belleville, NJJanuary 16, 2017
• Medical billing and coding (ICD-9/10 & CPT Coding )
• Appointment scheduling
• Patient file management
• Data Entry – 40 WPM
• Insurance verification and follow up
It was a fantastic workplace with great people
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJanuary 16, 2017
It was a fantastic work experience fillies with many great heath benefits. And the work hoyrse were very flexible. Packing pills and filling prescriptions were our main focus as well as great customer service and satisfaction. The days went very smoothly and the pay was great!
Pros
Free lunches on occasions
I enjoyed helping others with problem solving.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTJanuary 15, 2017
It was a great place to work and had flexible ours because I commuted from another town. As a Customer Service I covered the switchboard as well as facility tours.
Pros
Company promoted within the facility.
Cons
Training was not adequate when applying for a new position.
good place
Iv Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDJanuary 12, 2017
cvs company now has been many changes over the past eight years i have worked here for the most part very pleasant, would recommned to beginnners
sweat shop
Cash Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJanuary 6, 2017
for as old as the women were they were very high school mean girl petty. There were 5 leads to 3 employees and they were not an approachable group.
Pros
non
Cons
everything high school management culture 5 leads to 3 staff
Working at Omnicare
CBC Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 28, 2016
Working at Omnicare is a whole new experience for me. My day consists of searching for Insurance or a Med D plan for people who have no insurance on file and checking to see if people who applied for Medicaid were approved.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
Point System
Productive Small Company
Picking certified pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 22, 2016
Productive Small Company with Fun Workplace.
Good Management.
Friendly Co-workers.
Good Workplace witk Good team work spirit.
Pros
Free Lunches from partners
Cons
Short Breaks
Productivity
Revenue Agent (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 15, 2016
I enjoyed working for Omnicare because you are constantly working. There is never any down time and your work is always being reviewed for productivity. The hardest part of the job is that we have to complete billing daily and if my team was slacking I was the one chosen to carry the load. The positive side to it is, my supervisor always knew who was being productive and who was not. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to listen to music which made the day go by faster. A typical day at work includes data entry, data entry and more data entry and I love to type. I also enjoyed interacting with various insurance companies to resolve billing discrepancies.
Pros
Always busy
Cons
I always work harder than my employees but we receive the same pay!
Horrible! Do not work there !
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MADecember 14, 2016
They promise you the world but give you nothing!. Two dats of training is the normal and there is a revolving door in the front, they can not keep help. The management is not supportive and have a sink or swim or mentallity.
Pros
IT WAS A JOB AT LEAST
Cons
EVERYTHING! :(
A great company
Manager, Safety Surveillance (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PADecember 14, 2016
Omnicare Clinical Research is no longer in business. They were purchased by Chiltern. I had a wonderful experience at Omnicare, the staff was one of the best parts of my job.
good starter position
Adjudication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OHDecember 13, 2016
Learned the insurance world. Made good friends. A good starting position for anyone interested in working on 3rd party insurance claims.
Do not have children and work here
Pharmacy Picking Technician (Former Employee) –  Whippany, NJDecember 12, 2016
This is a company that feel my children should not be priority if taken ill. They have a point system design to terminate people if take ill death car broke down on the way to work there isn't any excuse....
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
the pay is low. work is repetitive , no real advancement.
Technician (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PADecember 11, 2016
Management is not involved in the direct day to day work on the floor. This creates a gap in knowledge , the basic employee is left to learn from observing others that may or may not have been trained properly.
Disrespectful to technicians
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 9, 2016
Technicians are not treated like people try are treated like slaves. They do not talk to you appropriately. You are expected to be quiet and refuse your hand to leave your desk. You are viewed as incompetent if you made a mistake. If you are not friends with management you are treated like you don't exist.
Pros
7on/7off
Cons
Everything else
Bias
West Chester - Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 7, 2016
Unethical .... Lower managerment stick together to cover up bad pratice of company funds. So its very hard for higher management to investigation. High turn over rate 3 -6 months top .
Pros
Ok pay, easy work
Cons
Managerment sucks
Private pay
Private Pay Collections Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 1, 2016
It's a typical collections department but just kinder because your dealing with elderly 90% of the time. The hardest part is discontinuation of the medication for the residents in the facilities due to non payment
Pros
LOCATION
Cons
JOB CLOSING
Terrible
Technician (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYNovember 27, 2016
The worst I wouldn't suggest anyone going there you get treated with such disrespect you are replaceable to them even after all your dedication caused health problems from all the drama they dished out run far away
Pros
The pharmacists are nice
Cons
Everyone else are full of drama
Wish I could say they were great
Order Entry Technician (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCNovember 22, 2016
but they're not. no on the job training, you are expected to know your job within 2 weeks which is impossible. The RPh's need to work together in a coherent fashion. Management is incompetent, no one who knows anything is running the ship. If you complain about management, there is retaliation. Workload is too large for amount of people working. Job description is always changing. They need to get it together before everyone quits.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
everything above
Managememt
Billing Adjudication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 21, 2016
Its very hard to work for a company that hires management that has no prior supervision experience and when its brought to the attention of Human Resources and there management nothing changes.
Pros
parking is paid for
Cons
everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Omnicare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9