Omnicare Employee Reviews

I was the Adminstrative Assistant to the Business Development Department
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAOctober 22, 2017
I assisted the Business Development Manager. Answering his phone calls. I arranged travel for my boss and the sales team. Coordinated meetings including catering and scheduling conference rooms. I arranged conference rooms for the sales team. Assisted the sales team with marketing materials.
I assembled marketing kits.
I made copies and filed for the department.
Pros
It was an easy position
Cons
Low salary
Liked my specific manager and my schedule
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 20, 2017
My specific manager was good and fair. Co-workers were good as we worked well together. I liked what I did and the service I was able to provide. Liked my schedule and the benefit of the convenient parking at the front door.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
Help desk for IT problem solution not very helpful - located in Philippines.
omni
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTOctober 20, 2017
It was organized chaos. Very competitive and chaotic at times. they required more of the staff at times and over worked some more than others. i hope it has since gotten better since i left the company.
sucurity
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 18, 2017
very busy billing office with very high expectation. The company did not offer many perks with company function, special days or team building tools. The training was limited.
Pros
worked with good people
Cons
not respected
Work Days
Lead Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 14, 2017
Work days are ok. Just come to work and get the job done in a timely manner. As the lead Tech I would coronate the other employee's in the area on day to day runs. Make sure medications are out on time and correct.
Pros
Good on and off days
Cons
Sometime not enough communacation.
very demanding and stressful
Billing adjudicator (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILOctober 14, 2017
very nice coworkers. As a big entity people are more professional and less friendly. It is very fast pace work environment. many people quite or don't show.
Good
Billing Adjudicator (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLOctober 13, 2017
Can be fast paced with the focus on production and accuracy. You may be required to work additional hours and on your scheduled day off. Work most holdiays.
Small and Very Little Room for Advancement
Narcotic Technician (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 12, 2017
This a great place to start out for the Technician not looking to begin in the retail environment. They provide basic pharmacy technician training and is a good stepping stone to larger opportunities.
An okay place
Dispensing Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 12, 2017
A poorly managed pharmacy can lead to stressful times. Entirely understaffed with corporate increasingly cutting hours. It could be a good place with proper leadership.
Basically a safe and fast pace pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOOctober 11, 2017
A typical day at work was face pace. I learned to stay focus. There is room for improvement for management. Workplace culture was good. The hardest part of the job was some of the work processes. the most enjoyable part of the job was providing customer service.
Horrible
Assistant Purchasing Manager/Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYOctober 10, 2017
I would never recommend anyone to the horror that this place was known for. This was the worst work experience that I had ever had. The employees were split between 2 areas and they would clash on several occasions.
Typical day at work
Staging Technician/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAOctober 9, 2017
Fast paced work environment. had to be a very detailed oriented individual. scan medications placed them into the right order. then we will print the manifest and prepare the bags for shipment.
Pros
job culture was friendly
Cons
had to be a very precise on things small mistakes were accounted
Felt work to be pleasant and everyday new learning experience
Managed Warehouse/Assistant Purchaser (Former Employee) –  West Boylston, MA relocated to Wakefield, maOctober 8, 2017
Take inventory of card wall and pull bottle supplies to schedule what is needed to fill inventory card requirements.If there is not enough bottles for stock or production I would order from drug supplier. Assign to my workers the task of day and check the done product before a signs off to okay as inventory. Everyone is interacting to keep filling all scripts to be prepared to be delivered to hospital facilities.I was able to learn quickly interacting with all departments to improve quality of work and able to help those other departments in the process when needed. The hardest part of the job was to acquire patience for training worker patterns and how everyone has more strength one way but may not in others. Some time may be needed to better equip the worker to be successful so the outcome would be more fulfilling for employee and productive for the organization. I enjoyed working with all the people I worked with and with my efficiency of work it was a challenge to complete all tasks with a proficient eye for detail which i strive to maintain and take great pride accomplishing.
Pros
flexible hours on first and second shifts
Cons
the company closed down my facility and was not able to make the move.
pharmacy techniciam
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCOctober 8, 2017
Full-time
position working as a pharmacy tech allows me to work on Euclid machines
in which pills are put in the machine to be sealed. Also work with bubble
cards in which pills are put in the bubble holes in the card and then
sealed closed on a hot surface. These medications are sent out to nursing
homes and jails.
Not the most welcoming place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 7, 2017
A typical day at work is I come to work, do my job, and go home. The workplace culture is very negative and impersonal. Two personality characteristics I do not possess. Favoritism is rampant. If you are not on the good side of the managers, you will not be acknowledged whatsoever. I mean they will literally walk right by you as if you do not exist. The hardest part of the job is literally being an employee. I look forward to the day when I leave. Long story short...look elsewhere for employment. DO NOT APPLY.
Pros
Cons
Very negative work culture
Good working enviornment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJOctober 7, 2017
A typical day at work is sitting at a computer for most of the eight hours entering data for clients. I learn to develop both speed and accuracy. Workplace culture can be considered family oriented. The hardest part of the job was leaving work at 1:30am.
Pros
Having lunchons
Cons
Driving to and from work during the winter nights
Productive fast paced work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23227October 5, 2017
Omnicare is a long term care facility with excellent customer service. My days were spent picking drugs for processing to be reviewed by the pharmacist before sending to the client. I learned to handle drugs to send to the customer. Management was responsive and fair. Culture was inspiring, people were friendly and tended to serve many years with the company. I found my job to be very easy. I enjoyed contact with other employees.
great people to work with
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 2, 2017
I would have to say that I got to work with fun but hard working people. Some of who have been there for 10 plus years, I've learned so many things about the company has grown to be, about how small the pharmacy was before it expanded. I started as an Order entry tech processing orders but moved to the medical records and float in depts I'm needed in. It has been a great experience!
overall stressfull
Data entry technician / pharmacy technician (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 2, 2017
work load is heavy and not fully staffed

poor management

hostile work environment

no job security for new hires

stressful environment

expected to stay at least two hours overtime everyday

most enjoyable part of the job is getting a paycheck
Ugh
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Golden, COOctober 2, 2017
One of the worst/stressful jobs I ever had. Went through different managers who gave employees the run-arounds. Whenever you needed to get a hold of manager, you'd have to wait at least two to three days (or more) to hear back from him. Management doesn't schedule people accordingly. Too much of day crew versus night crew BS. Not worth working overtime if asked because everyone is willing to take advantage of you.
Pros
PTO *if asked in advance
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Omnicare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9