Omnicare Employee Reviews in United States

Managing a territory of over 30 facilities for enteral care, trach, ostomy & folies
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 24, 2016
Worked at my home office. Monday - Thursday were our business days with Friday as our office day,
My typical days duties were: Conducting in-services for the staff of these facilities, explaining the roles of the company, ordering process and qualifying the patient for services. Obtaining complete and accurate documentation and forms to insure reimbursement.
Maintaining my reports are accurate for all audits and ensuring that all company and regional financial goals were met or exceeded.
This company was bought out and the company that took over had their staff in my territory. I was laid off.
horrible irresponsible company
Pricing Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 23, 2016
they hired 30 people for 8 weeks but most people got let go after 1 or 2 weeks because they ran out of money!!!
they have a lot of Law Suites against them after merger with CVS - very shady deals - negative revenue and treat contractors like sh**t...

for 2 weeks we did not get any traning on any indicators that our project was real...very irresponsible and unethical company!!!

take your chances if your wanted to be treated like CR*P.
Pros
no pros
Cons
horrible people - irresponsible company
Honestly just stay away.
Patient Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 23, 2016
Do yourself the favor and stay away from this place. Management is a joke here, they tell you that they really care about you and your growth, but in reality all this places cares about are the numbers. You cant trust management or the leads because every little detail that you say to someone manages to get out to the entire floor. Get this, there method of the trying to excite everyone is be giving us candy.. Like really? how old do you think i am. Don't get me wrong though, i like that we have the weekend off, but that's really it (sadly). Find something else, don't let the bs that managements feeds you get to your head. Grow your roots somewhere else.
Pros
pay
Cons
management, no growth
n/a
MEDICAL RECORDS TECH/MEDICATION REFILL SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 20, 2016
no advancement opportunities
good co-worker relationship
mediocre management
hardest part of job is trying to get certain ways of doing things changed for the better
enjoy working at omnicare
Cash Applications Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 19, 2016
i enjoy working as a Cash Posting Specialist and learn how to post like Blue Cross Blue Shield, Third Party Ins, Medicare, Medicaid.
Easy get along with coworker
Review
Entry Level (Current Employee) –  OhioAugust 18, 2016
Fun place to work, lots of computer work to do done,friendly staff, great pay. They have hours throughout the whole day also offering overtime
A place to learn and gain experience
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 18, 2016
To learn the experience of pharmacy it is a great place to start with many departments offered to gain insight if this is the occupational opportunity for you
They have overtime if you need it
Order Entry Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAAugust 17, 2016
Seems to be a lot of overhaul being done within the company. CEOs are changing, people are suing but facilities are being added. It's weird but they have work if you need it.
Run as fast as you can the other way!!!
Technician (Current Employee) –  Hickory NCAugust 16, 2016
Management has major favoritism, never jumps in and helps always there to fuss when things aren't getting done because we are so short staffed though. You never know when your getting off so family/work balance is awful. I would run as fast as I could the other way!!!
Pros
Job
Cons
Too many to name
Very busy and demanding work environment
Pharmacy Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Stafford, TXAugust 14, 2016
The starting pay is decent, don't expect much for the raises though.
They offer free coffee, tea and filtered water in the break-rooms.

Horrible Work / Life Balance, High Turnover Rate, Having PTO available but your manager chooses when you can use it, even if the schedule shows an opening for a request. No opportunity for growth within the company. Work demand is mostly in the evenings and overnight, but they don't pay shift differential.
Pros
Free Coffee, Tea, and Filtered Water in break-rooms.
Cons
No room for advancement
Fun Workplace
Patient Service Representative/ Billing (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 9, 2016
People are very nice, and welcoming. Ive learned how to assist difficult customers. Also, Ive learned to manage multiple screens. Omnicare is a great company
Pros
Flexible hrs
Cons
No team meetings
Surprised this company is still kicking
Triage Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDAugust 9, 2016
Triage phone calls as a pharmacy technician, data entry, and that's pretty much it. Casual dress code, so jeans and boots are fine. But casual mind set too. The people there are like they dress, not professional. You couldn't say anything negative about the management, the walls have eyes and ears regularly and the management is very petty. I wouldn't work here, be warned. Beware of dog sign at the door.
Pros
Cons
all the above
Great company
Pharmacy Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 6, 2016
This was a great company they recognized my true potential and let me work as a independent worker. They rewarded all employees on a job well done and treated everyone with the same respect.
fun and excited
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 4, 2016
Over three year’s honorable service in the U.S. Army as an M1 Armor Crewman
Solid background in security and providing protection
Active U.S. Government Security Secret Clearance
Coordinated and Supported Unmanned Aerial Vehicle operations
Good
Returns Processor (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CAAugust 4, 2016
One can learn a lot from this company. This company deals with long-term pharmacy care for clients living in residential care homes and assisted living.
It's ok.
Triage Technician (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHAugust 2, 2016
It is an ok job. Not really a career. Does not pay very well for the time that I have worked there. The employees are very talkative.
Team leads are always against you
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHAugust 1, 2016
I worked here very recently however the team leads are always against you. They never introduce themselves to you and when you ask a question they treat you like you are stupid even though you are brand new. I was on the phone with customers and Pharmacists are screaming at you in the back ground because they do not want you to transfer the call to them, but you needed to because we didn't have the answer. They would refuse the calls and you were left to make something up. It was a miserable experience and I wouldn't go back if you paid me to.
Pros
Free cake once a month
A Sinking Ship
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 26, 2016
The company has gone downhill in the past three years. Poor management, and praising of the wrong mindset are a part of current culture. Clients and employees are unhappy, and the strategies to change that are archaic to say the least.
Not terrible all the time, but could be a lot better
Technician (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 20, 2016
Consistency is something that barely exists. Management tries to make improvements, but seem to be complacent with mediocrity both from all employees and themselves. I know I do not want to do this job, or work in this environment the rest of my life. Technicians are criticized most often than praised for the jobs they do. Things would be so much worse if the hard working & dedicated employees that do work here walked away which is what this location deserves.
Pros
Benefits, co-workers
Cons
Lack of leadership, old building, inconsistent release times, parking is insufficient due to delivery company sharing lot, old single bathrooms
professional workplace
My responsibilities as an Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTJuly 19, 2016
professional workplace. good coworkers. I did Customer Service on a daily bases. Verified insurance coverage with Medicaid and insurance. I did some filing , faxing.

2.7