Omnicare Employee Reviews

Productivity
Revenue Agent (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 15, 2016
I enjoyed working for Omnicare because you are constantly working. There is never any down time and your work is always being reviewed for productivity. The hardest part of the job is that we have to complete billing daily and if my team was slacking I was the one chosen to carry the load. The positive side to it is, my supervisor always knew who was being productive and who was not. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to listen to music which made the day go by faster. A typical day at work includes data entry, data entry and more data entry and I love to type. I also enjoyed interacting with various insurance companies to resolve billing discrepancies.
Pros
Always busy
Cons
I always work harder than my employees but we receive the same pay!
Great Company to work for
Sr Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 23, 2017
Great work life balance company to work for.
Typical day at work would always be customer service (internal customers). Answering emails, solving problems with benefits coverage. Entering 401K loans, and contributions.
Different times of the year, depends on what your are working on, whether it is open enrollment, wellness, 401K enrollment, etc.

Huge variety of different jobs with in this position.
Wish I could say they were great
Order Entry Technician (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCNovember 22, 2016
but they're not. no on the job training, you are expected to know your job within 2 weeks which is impossible. The RPh's need to work together in a coherent fashion. Management is incompetent, no one who knows anything is running the ship. If you complain about management, there is retaliation. Workload is too large for amount of people working. Job description is always changing. They need to get it together before everyone quits.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
everything above
unfair pay scale
Certified Technician (Former Employee) –  hickory ncNovember 17, 2016
worked there 11 years, hurt on the job then they demanded me to work 7 days straight, told them i could not with my injury but management would not even work with me so i had to quit,(would be in to much pain and they knew that) but my first couple of years there was great.the job is rewarding knowing you are helping others, the hardest part of the job was dealing with all the lies. But the best of all is that the paitents did get their meds. I would still be there if all this did not happen. co wokers are great, hrs could be better.
Pros
self satisifaction of helping paitents
Cons
depends on what you make of it
Great Place to work.
Machine Packaging Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTNovember 7, 2016
At OmniCare, they exemplify Core Values, Attitude and Professionalism. The show each employee respect in all actions, show respect for customers and each other. They exceed expectations in being passionate, proactive and creative. Management shows accountability both in words and actions. They achieve results by communicating openly and sharing information, listening actively and being responsive. They value honesty and integrity.
Pros
Great Place to work.
na
Order Entry Technician (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 25, 2016
I work in order entry entering in prescription medications for nursing homes in Cincinnati, Dayton, and Kentucky Homes. I also enter in Narcotics and control medications, processing IV medications. I also have to pay special attention because each facility is different with the requirements of receiving medications. I also intake the demographic information into the system as well too. I work in more than one ques as well as multitasking to get the job done.
Disrespectful to technicians
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 9, 2016
Technicians are not treated like people try are treated like slaves. They do not talk to you appropriately. You are expected to be quiet and refuse your hand to leave your desk. You are viewed as incompetent if you made a mistake. If you are not friends with management you are treated like you don't exist.
Pros
7on/7off
Cons
Everything else
It was a fantastic workplace with great people
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJanuary 16, 2017
It was a fantastic work experience fillies with many great heath benefits. And the work hoyrse were very flexible. Packing pills and filling prescriptions were our main focus as well as great customer service and satisfaction. The days went very smoothly and the pay was great!
Pros
Free lunches on occasions
Do not apply here
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 16, 2016
This job sucks. The facility is filthy, dusty, nasty...they clean nothing. The management are a joke. The day one especially, full of mess playing favorites. Lack of training and support makes all the people go out the door. And some other things...healthcare unaffordable, incentives are non-existent. And oh yeah no support from upper staff when you need it. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this company!!
Pros
NONE
Cons
EVERYTHING....NO TRAINING..LIES...LACK OF GOOD PAY...DIRTY WORKPLACE
I enjoyed helping others with problem solving.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTJanuary 15, 2017
It was a great place to work and had flexible ours because I commuted from another town. As a Customer Service I covered the switchboard as well as facility tours.
Pros
Company promoted within the facility.
Cons
Training was not adequate when applying for a new position.
Unprofessional workplace
Order Entry (Former Employee) –  Henderson, KYAugust 25, 2016
This was an awful place to work for, and i would never have taken this job had i known!!!! The Office Manager was very unprofessional, only good to her "favorite people", ignored new employees, very very poor training involved by the another order entry person that was put in charge of training. There was way too much favoritism!! The main boss who was never there, but if he didn't like you then you were non-existant! I hope when CVS takes over some of them lose their jobs like i lost mine!!
Pros
None except a few nice people
Cons
No training, grouchy people, unprofessional, job was nothing like was told it would be in the interview, backstabbing, favoritism
horrible irresponsible company
Pricing Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 23, 2016
they hired 30 people for 8 weeks but most people got let go after 1 or 2 weeks because they ran out of money!!!
they have a lot of Law Suites against them after merger with CVS - very shady deals - negative revenue and treat contractors like sh**t...

for 2 weeks we did not get any traning on any indicators that our project was real...very irresponsible and unethical company!!!

take your chances if your wanted to be treated like CR*P.
Pros
no pros
Cons
horrible people - irresponsible company
Managing a territory of over 30 facilities for enteral care, trach, ostomy & folies
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 24, 2016
Worked at my home office. Monday - Thursday were our business days with Friday as our office day,
My typical days duties were: Conducting in-services for the staff of these facilities, explaining the roles of the company, ordering process and qualifying the patient for services. Obtaining complete and accurate documentation and forms to insure reimbursement.
Maintaining my reports are accurate for all audits and ensuring that all company and regional financial goals were met or exceeded.
This company was bought out and the company that took over had their staff in my territory. I was laid off.
Honestly just stay away.
Patient Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 23, 2016
Do yourself the favor and stay away from this place. Management is a joke here, they tell you that they really care about you and your growth, but in reality all this places cares about are the numbers. You cant trust management or the leads because every little detail that you say to someone manages to get out to the entire floor. Get this, there method of the trying to excite everyone is be giving us candy.. Like really? how old do you think i am. Don't get me wrong though, i like that we have the weekend off, but that's really it (sadly). Find something else, don't let the bs that managements feeds you get to your head. Grow your roots somewhere else.
Pros
pay
Cons
management, no growth
Stressful, Fast Paced Environment
Prior Authorizations Tech. Customer service (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 14, 2016
My experience with this company started out with promises that were never fulfilled. Very poor supervisor/team member communication, very critical supervisors that were not good at solving problems or people skills.
Pros
Knowledgable Staff
Cons
Pressure, Lots of OT required
Very busy and demanding work environment
Pharmacy Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Stafford, TXAugust 14, 2016
The starting pay is decent, don't expect much for the raises though.
They offer free coffee, tea and filtered water in the break-rooms.

Horrible Work / Life Balance, High Turnover Rate, Having PTO available but your manager chooses when you can use it, even if the schedule shows an opening for a request. No opportunity for growth within the company. Work demand is mostly in the evenings and overnight, but they don't pay shift differential.
Pros
Free Coffee, Tea, and Filtered Water in break-rooms.
Cons
No room for advancement
Surprised this company is still kicking
Triage Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDAugust 9, 2016
Triage phone calls as a pharmacy technician, data entry, and that's pretty much it. Casual dress code, so jeans and boots are fine. But casual mind set too. The people there are like they dress, not professional. You couldn't say anything negative about the management, the walls have eyes and ears regularly and the management is very petty. I wouldn't work here, be warned. Beware of dog sign at the door.
Pros
Cons
all the above
Horrible! Do not work there !
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MADecember 14, 2016
They promise you the world but give you nothing!. Two dats of training is the normal and there is a revolving door in the front, they can not keep help. The management is not supportive and have a sink or swim or mentallity.
Pros
IT WAS A JOB AT LEAST
Cons
EVERYTHING! :(
Terrible
Technician (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYNovember 27, 2016
The worst I wouldn't suggest anyone going there you get treated with such disrespect you are replaceable to them even after all your dedication caused health problems from all the drama they dished out run far away
Pros
The pharmacists are nice
Cons
Everyone else are full of drama
Team leads are always against you
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHAugust 1, 2016
I worked here very recently however the team leads are always against you. They never introduce themselves to you and when you ask a question they treat you like you are stupid even though you are brand new. I was on the phone with customers and Pharmacists are screaming at you in the back ground because they do not want you to transfer the call to them, but you needed to because we didn't have the answer. They would refuse the calls and you were left to make something up. It was a miserable experience and I wouldn't go back if you paid me to.
Pros
Free cake once a month
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Omnicare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9