Omnicare Employee Reviews in United States

A Sinking Ship
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 26, 2016
The company has gone downhill in the past three years. Poor management, and praising of the wrong mindset are a part of current culture. Clients and employees are unhappy, and the strategies to change that are archaic to say the least.
Not terrible all the time, but could be a lot better
Technician (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 20, 2016
Consistency is something that barely exists. Management tries to make improvements, but seem to be complacent with mediocrity both from all employees and themselves. I know I do not want to do this job, or work in this environment the rest of my life. Technicians are criticized most often than praised for the jobs they do. Things would be so much worse if the hard working & dedicated employees that do work here walked away which is what this location deserves.
Pros
Benefits, co-workers
Cons
Lack of leadership, old building, inconsistent release times, parking is insufficient due to delivery company sharing lot, old single bathrooms
professional workplace
My responsibilities as an Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTJuly 19, 2016
professional workplace. good coworkers. I did Customer Service on a daily bases. Verified insurance coverage with Medicaid and insurance. I did some filing , faxing.
Clean workplace good environment
Pharmacy Technician Externship (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 11, 2016
Was a great experience working there. I would have love to have gotten a permanent position. Unfortunately they had no open positions to fill after I completed my externship.
Pros
Great work invironment
Cons
Did not get hired permanent
Overworked and Underpaid and Blamed By Upper Management!
Compliance Technician (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJuly 8, 2016
Initially, I was excited to work for this company. Things were running smoothly because we were taught to do our job duties illegally and incorrectly. Upper management was relaxed and chill until we started to change policies and do our duties the correct way. Once this occurred, the beast face came out of upper management and the "finger pointing" occurred. We were given huge workloads with an impossible expectation to finish it all within 8 hours. Yeah overtime is great, but advantage was highly taken over great and hardworking individuals. The job duties I had were great and not hard, but with the misleading guidance and arrogance of upper management, my work environment was mentally draining. Work and life balance is impossible with these people. Favoritism and group cliques are high amongst this area of Omnicare. I saw so many able pharmacists and technicians quit which was appalling. The last draw was consistently being blamed and pointed fingers at unprofessionally, about the work we supposedly don't know how to do. Upper management needs to be brushed up and cleaned out. I gained experienced dealing with compliance and the pharmacy issues and how to resolve it. I am sad I had to waste my highly derived skills and time with this company when I could have done that for another company or foundation. It is also sad that one part of upper management was telling us one thing and the other was on a whole different level. When the finger pointing started, it would only be pointed at the individual contributors. Also, once you call out the  more... so called "upper management" in the group, you get targeted! Lastly, do not be looking for positive reinforcement here!  less
Pros
Free lunches from time to time, cool coworkers, overtime, benefits
Cons
Favoritism amongst coworkers and upper management, long hours, minimal staff, technicians blamed due to lack of management
Productive & growing company
Revenue Qualifying Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 6, 2016
Daily emails, reports, research & billing of accounts. I learned a great deal on protecting patient information and laws which pertain to such information. Teamwork was important in completing daily/monthly tasks. I enjoyed training co-workers within my department on processes and procedures. Sharing my knowledge of my position was the most rewarding part of my job. Management encouraged me to become a team lead within my department, which helped me grow as an employee and individual.
Work Relationship Disturbance
Order Entry/Medical Records Tech (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOJuly 5, 2016
very rude management, no order or organization, team building minimal, and favoritism shown to certain employees.

the hardest part of my job was working under a manager who talked to her employees like we were children and she yelled all of the time. It was a very stressful work environment.

the most enjoyable part was making friends with most of my co-workers and being able to get our tasks done as a team.

the turn over rate was extremely high, due to management or lack there of.
Pros
Plenty of work to do and lot's of opportunities for overtime
Cons
Doesn't follow their own company policy
N/a
Medical Records Technician (Current Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAJuly 5, 2016
No advancement in trying to move up everything is at a standstill everyday. You do the same thing everyday mgmt has a clique its all about who u know in order to get a raise and sometimes not even that.
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
NOTHING
challenging
Order Entry Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 30, 2016
This job, in my own opinion, is fast-paced, challenging, guiding, goal-driven, frequent breaks, adjustable schedule
Pros
challenging, goal-oriented
Cons
being the yongest
My job at Omnicare
Sr. Medical Records Technician (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 29, 2016
Omnicare is a good place to work. My co-workers are more like family. Management is friendly and supportive. Flexible hours are great.
Pros
Hours
Hostile place of employment
Pharmacy (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 28, 2016
Drama Drama Drama!! Little positivity and management... Well..work here and find out for yourself. It's a shame. I enjoy my work but am always stepped down on. Nothing is done as promised. There are better opportunies out there. Just read all the other reviews and they truly speak volume for what this company is and lacks!
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Management, gossip beyond repair
Wrost Place Every
Picking Technician (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAJune 28, 2016
Working here was like nothing else I ever seen before. You had the fake and the real, but most of the time it was fake. Never worked for a company that would doc you for every little thing and hold a grudge when you leave, which is very childish. Leaving here was the best thing I could ever do.
fun,
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJune 23, 2016
assist disabled with getting dressed,medication, and getting out in the community,cooking meals for them, playing games,listening to their favorite music,taking them to places that they like
Pros
down time
A great Company
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 22, 2016
I enjoyed working with this company , but feel like they have top management issues, and will continue to have high turnover rates until they remove the old managers that have been there for a while. its built on dishonest, and the managers stick with each other even if they no its unethical.
Worst job I ever had
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJune 18, 2016
I went to work at Omnicare with a full understanding that I would be a staff pharmacist only.
Yet, when the manager and other staff pharmacist quit within a month of each other, I became the "interim manager". What that resulted in was 20 months of managing, without the title or additional pay.
I felt that we were dangerously understaffed and requested a single additional pharmacist shift. I was denied.
Yet, upon my firing, I was replaced with 2 pharmacists and the daily management duties (reports, schedules, etc) were re-assigned to a technician. Clearly, it had always been an impossible job for me to accomplish by myself. The previous 3 managers had quit, for the same reason.
Being on call was a nightmare. For a full year, two of us covered alternate weeks. We were on call 24/7 for the full week. Typically, we had to go in 3-4 nights per week.
Not including the on call duties, we routinely worked far more than 40 hours. I personally averaged close to 50 hours per week, occasionally 60 hours, for 40 hours' pay.
In 40 years of being a pharmacist, it was my worst job ever.
Pros
My local coworkers
Cons
Long hours, low pay, low morale, extreme pressure.
This was just my experience
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 16, 2016
I worked there for 2yrs the atmosphere was not great there is alot of favoritism and ppl who have cliques team work doesn't even exist there and no one has your back they want to work you like a hebrew slave and give you pennies for a raise literally pennies and to show how much they appreciate you they give you some funky cvs bucks to buy there stuff but still no real money they don't let you advance they try to keep you in one area so they can suck you dry like the blood sacking vampires that they are. Fair warning I wish someone would have warned me...
Pros
I got to gain some experience and meet some really cool ppl
pharmacy technician
Fee basis inpatient pharmacy technician (Current Employee) –  Murphy, VAJune 16, 2016
I worked in the mail order pharmacy for more than 12+ years. The pharmacy department closed down and moved up to Chicago.
pharmacy tech
PHARMACY TECH (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAJune 14, 2016
Its a lot of drama. The older people who been there prolly since the company opened are set in their ways they talk about each other then smile in each other face. Nobody like to help one another they will sit there a watch you drown....Very Poor Management
Pros
its a job
Cons
drama, selfish people, big turn over
Average company
Director (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 11, 2016
There were good times and not so good times...most recently no so good. Culture is all about the company...no programs for employee growth.
Awful, just awful
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAJune 10, 2016
Mind as well call the company Omni "dont" care. Cause they simply don't care about you. Forget about your life outside of work. Supervisors will threaten you with termination if u don't work when they want you to work. That's the culture there. Don't expect managers to help with the overwhelming work, it's your duty to stay and work, not the supervisors.
Pros
Cons
Management and oh ya, everything.

2.7