Omnicare

Omnicare Employer Reviews

Allows job security
Purchaser/Receiving Specialist (Current Employee), Santa Rosa, CAJune 30, 2014
I enjoy my job. I have the knowledge to be proficient at what I do.
I love my coworkers
Great place, great people
Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee), Londonderry, NHJune 30, 2014
Omnicare is a great place to work, the people there are great, a lot of diversity, the hours are pretty extreme but the time goes by fast, it is always busy and there is always work to be done. Overall it is a great place to work.
Each day has different requirements
C/S billing (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 29, 2014
Pros: they are flexible with long lunches and time off
Cons: they some times have poor attitudes, i truly believe that all rules apply to everyone equally!!
I have enjoyed working for Omnicare there have many opportunities for help from my co-workers and certain upper management, unfortunately I am looking for more of a challenge and I do not feel as though I am full filling my my full potential in life working with a Company doing what I am doing at the present time.
always busy
customer services (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 17, 2014
Pros: bless to have a job
Cons: losing my job
great place to work, always kept me busy, always learning new program, able to speak to management, management available for questions
OK place to work
Order Entry Technician (Current Employee), Livonia, MIJune 11, 2014
Pros: helping the residents
Cons: schedules and raises
The job I currently do is rewarding. The hours that keep changing is not so rewarding
nice place to work
Medical Biller (Former Employee), Allentown, PAMay 29, 2014
my typical day at work would consist of verifying insurance, updating accounts, answering incoming calls regarding claims. complete daily reports, send outgoing faxes and out going mail.
Usually the same thing everyday very little change.
Collection Specialist (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 28, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: contstant changes and never told about those changes
I come into work pull up all programs and make calls on account that are 30 days past due and get insurance information if we have none on file. I also explain medicare D and Medicaid programs from various states to the customers and make sure all billing has been done on the account
not good for rank and file employees
Medical Records Coordinator (Former Employee), Annapolis Junction, MDMay 20, 2014
Pros: generally, the pay check clears (sometimes it bounces)
Cons: benefits expensive, management clueless, long hours, lousy pay
OCR demands a lot from their rank and file employees but do not give a lot in return. The saying is, "Yes, the pay is bad, the hours are long but the benefits are non-existent." I could add ineffective management, utilizes resources poorly and destroys employee morale.
At any time, you can be asked to work overtime, even if you are walking out the door. – more... You are expected to drop everything and stay late. You may work 2 7 day, 12 hours days in a row and be fired next week.
People that walk in the door make more than long term employees. Long term employees are tossed out in favor of whoever the current management wants to hire this week. – less
Great environment
Account Representative (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 17, 2014
Pros: evening schedule
Cons: boring
I enjoyed working at Omnicare because it was easy work and learned medical terms and about insurance.
Good Place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), 210 S. Reynolds RoadMay 15, 2014
Pros: variety
Cons: filing
I loved it. It was good. People were friendly. It has diversity.
Was a great gig.
Pharmacy Tech/ Weekend Dashboard Manager (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAMay 13, 2014
Cons: short breaks, macro-scale management
I loved working at Omnicare while it lasted because they were very flexible with my hours while I was in school, and even during the summer they allowed me to take on more hours.
I learned a whole lot because this was the first pharmacy I worked at as a part time technician/ intern during my years as a pre-pharmacy major, right before I switched out.
I – more... had a mentor that taught me a great deal, and still keeps in contact with me to this day. He was a great inspiration and gave me useful advice.
Management was probably the worst things there, and hopefully they improved since then. A great company takes good management to keep them on top and create an enjoyable working environment. – less
what you learned
Dispensing Pharmacist (Current Employee), Wakefield, MAMay 8, 2014
I have learned many things since I started to work at Omnicare. I have learned how to review orders and drug interactions for accurary. I have also learned how to process and fill IV medications. Since I have started my job, I have learned about perpetual inventory of controlled substances and compounding of non sterile medications.
Great company to work for.
Financial Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 8, 2014
On a day to day basis I completed many tasks and successfully resolved several unique issues that were presented to me. I learned the value of my own efforts and the dedication I help to a company would benefit me as an individual in the near future. My management team were great. We were able to communicate efficiently to solve any problem and or upcoming – more... changes. The team i worked with is extremely wonderful. I met some hard working individuals that showed what team work was. The hardest part of my job was advancement. Trying to grow and advance within the company took serveral years no matter the efforts you put in. The moment enjoyable part of my position was the rewarding feeling of helping my patients. – less
Productive lots to learn, lots of changes within the company
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), West Chester, OHMay 7, 2014
Pros: give you ample time during training
Cons: short breaks
Lots of changes taking place with Omnicare. Lots of people leaving the company.
Nice place to work
Staging Technician (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 3, 2014
It was a nice place to work, and I enjoyed the people I worked with. Its a good place to start in this career field.
Supportive staff
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Cheshire, CTApril 30, 2014
Created great friendships with managers and co-workers. Learned tasks and medical jargon that will be beneficial in any other job.
Compounding TPN, antibiotics, and pain management
IV Technician (Former Employee), Annapolis Junction, MDApril 28, 2014
Compounding for the day and or entering physician orders including refill for the week. Working daily as a team with co-workers and my manager.
The toughest part of the job is keeping up with catering to the needs of each home individually.
The best part is working side by side with a wonderful team to accomplish a great days work.
I learned a lot
CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Nashville, TNApril 27, 2014
Working at Omnicare was a challenge. I got to learn a lot about medication, skilled and assisting living facilities.
Fast paced
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Nashville, TNApril 25, 2014
I enjoyed working at Omnicare and the staff were friendly, but the pay wasn't competitive for the work performed.
Offered flexibility and challenge
Field Service Representative (Former Employee), Springfield MAApril 21, 2014
Working from a home office was the most challenging part of my position at Omnicare. It afforded flexibility and made for long work days. I most enjoyed the interactions with all levels of management and staff both within Omnicare and in the nursing facilities visited on a monthly basis.

1 2 3 4 5

About Omnicare

Omnicare strives to be omnipresent in US nursing homes. The firm is the country's largest institutional pharmacy services provider, – Read more

Omnicare Photos