Omnicare

Omnicare Employer Reviews

Negative work environment sixty percent of the time.
Lead pharmacy technician (Current Employee), Fort WayneJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: short commute
Cons: bad morale, lack of communication, unprofessional management
Assign work stations and then I print, separate labels, pull medications, pack, and then scan them. Pull compound ingredients for a pharmacist to check and then mix compounds.
Work on stats off and on all day in between day routes and make sure different areas aren't getting more than their share of work without enough help.
Management tends to belittle employees rather than encourage them. They also like to make decisions without even knowing how their decisions affect the daily operations. Empowering the employees who are in these areas each and every day to make some of these decisions would be a better choice. Favoritism also runs rampant in this company. They tend to pick and choose who has to do the jobs no one else wants. Only the favorites get what they want, when they want it.
Several of my co-workers are extremely negative and unmotivated. They help the managers in making the environment and morale bad. The hardest part of the job is giving a hundred and ten percent of yourself and not getting so much as a pat on the shoulder, instead our manager says next time lets get our routes out even earlier or our numbers down lower, etc....
Always more, more, more. It gets tiring after awhile especially when there are only a few people who give it their all.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the multi-tasking and the personal satisfaction of doing a great job.
Stressful and unwilling to work with hours for home/work balance
Licensed Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Lodi, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: ergomonic phones and chairs, mostly pleasant coworkers
Cons: low pay, inconsistant hours, high stress
My typical day was on phones chasing prescriptions from annoyed doctors for furious nurses for very sick people. The hours were constantly changing, overtime was often required, and the culture was that no matter how nasty the client was you had to have a smile in your voice. It was tough.
The people there were on average pretty great. Pharmacists could get entitled and management did what they could, but techs were the peons of the company and reminded of it often.
I did learn about some billing and insurance resolution, but since the work environment was so hectic training was not a priority.
you learn something new with Dr.Bhat
Pharmacy technician -internship (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 14, 2015
checked in and out patients verified insurance collected copays did referrals, collected blood/urine samples performed ekg triaged patients and assisted provider pre prep new patients charts updated patient information's scheduled and verified patient appointments
Good place to work other employees are helpful
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: flexibles with the schedule
Cons: long drive( depending on where you live), traffic on rockville rd.
I worked for this company for approx. 4 years. Even though it was far from where I lived I enjoyed the work environment. People are nice, helpful. They worked with my schedule when life events began to occur( kids and spouse career change). Management available to teach new skills
Productive and fun atmosphere
Pharmacy Technician (Externship) (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 11, 2015
Create and print labels, inventory, pre-packaging, of different medicines, topicals, solutions, etc.
Productive and busy place to work
Data Entry Technician/Customer Service (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: free lunches, long breaks
Cons: sitting for long periods of time
I entered and edited prescription orders and resolved customer issues over the telephone. My co-workers were all very nice. I learned that it's very important to manage time and prioritize what is most important. The hardest part of the job was constantly sitting in front of a computer. The most enjoyable part of the job was the overall friendly atmosphere.
this company was not a good company to work for
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: lack of management
the manager overlooked obstacles, the supervisor entertained drama and never worked. all in all it is not a good company to work for . it was a cycle of bull . if you had issues you may as well keep them to your self because they would go unsolved. there was alot of favortism they played a role with the supervisors that the manager would overlook.
Okay
Customer Service Intake Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 5, 2015
I have nothing to say but this company except it is not for me. The hours did not work for my family and I. Given the chance I would work here again.
productive and fun workplace with determined individuals and a competitive, challenging environment
Pharmacy Technician/Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Chandler, AZDecember 31, 2014
I learned a lot at my time worked at Omnicare of Chandler. Great people, great environment, great place to start a career. The job was at times challenging, but always fun and you learned something new everyday. The management along with HR was always there if you needed them, for profession or personal reasons. This place will make you feel like you're at a home away from home.
Long term care pharmacy
Pharmacy Aide (Former Employee), Sterling, VADecember 28, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: n/a
Help people in indirect way with the knowledge that you have acquired through education.
Manager
Manager - Data Processing/Triage (Former Employee), Indianapolis INDecember 22, 2014
Manage data processing, and traige day to day operations and workflow.
Good Company
Associate Program Manager (Current Employee), Louisville, KyDecember 22, 2014
I enjoy working at this company. Fast pace, high energy on a daily basis. This company provides endless oppertunity if you are willing to work hard. The company is rapidly growing,
great
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 19, 2014
Great company to transfer within. the company was great. eratoih;hioerggrtg rtgsrt er grr
WORST PLACE TO WORK
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), CANONAPARKDecember 9, 2014
Pros: they suck
Cons: they suck
FORMER EMPLOYEE: THEY TREAT YOU LIKE A DOG DON'T CARE HOW GOOD OF JOB YOU DO?? THE MANAGEMENT SUCKS, IF YOU DON'T PLAY WITH THE BOSSES YOU LOSE???
Constantly changing business so there is always learning opportunities.
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN MCCLELLAND HEALTH SYSTEMS (Former Employee), West Springfield, MADecember 6, 2014
Met great people while doing important work. Work never stops so there was always something that needed to get done. I learned how to work quicker and efficiently to met the goals and daily needs of the company.
Pharmacist
Long Term Care Pharmacist (Former Employee), Golden, CODecember 6, 2014
Pros: monthly birthday cake in breakroom
Cons: everything except the paycheck!
Worst job ever!! Stay away!!! I wish I read these reviews before I decided to accept this job. The reviews are accurate and true. There is no point in repeating all the negative comments so I would suggest you read them and see for yourself. The weird part about the reviews is that it shows how Omnicare is in various states throughout the country. One would think it would be limited to that state but NO!! these experiences are the same no matter what state one works in. Do temp work if you must! This company is in trouble and most employees are looking for work elsewhere. If they are not they have their heads in the sand!
Working in a warehouse setting really taught me alot
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Kansas City, MODecember 4, 2014
Pros: speaking with nurses and doctores over the phone
Cons: waiting on hold for long periods of time
My co-workers were ver helpful, we worked as a team to make sure we get paitents meds to them in a timley matter
when I first started there it was a fun but now the moral is gone no incentives
Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee), Wadsworth, OHNovember 20, 2014
Cons: they treat you like children, the health care there is a joke, the moral there is at an all time low
my day start by preparing my cards for my work shop or going to help out where needed I've learn how important being a pharmacy tech is and I've learn how uncaring management can be I work with some beautiful people the hardest part of my job is getting up to go there. The most joy is the workers I work with
good LTC pharmacy
Account Executive (Former Employee), Wadsworth, OHNovember 19, 2014
Pros: flexibility
I worked out in the field. I called on existing clients and prospected new business. Relationships with your clients is very important. You have to have entegrety. I learned that not all issues can be settled timely and it takes follow up and follow thru to find the right solutions.
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping others meet their needs.
Nice place to work
RN, Clinical Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 18, 2014
I have been able to perfect my customer service skills and feel I am making an impact on patient care.

1 2 3 4 5

About Omnicare

Omnicare, Inc., a Fortune 400 company based in Cincinnati, Ohio, provides comprehensive pharmaceutical services to patients and – Read more