Omnicare Employee Reviews in United States

contradictory company
Data Entry Technician (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJFebruary 5, 2016
If you become your managers best friend you can enjoy an easy life watching other people work. Stay away from Omnicare of Moorestown. If you value family and your health. Otherwise your signing up for misery. The money well don't expect a real raise or job security. Unless you sell your soul. They will fire you for following procedures in ethics. Remember enron yeah the pharmacy version of that. To put it bluntly people that work there now would physically eliminate a member of your family and try to frame you. Sound like somewhere you want to work. I doubt it. Happy job hunting.
Pros
long term care experience
Cons
morally and ethically inept
Culture needs improvement
employee (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 9, 2016
As a lower level manger, the job had little to no satisfaction. There was little time for life independent of work. The benefits and pay were minimal compared to other sectors of pharmacy. You were always looking over your shoulder because throwing each other under the bus seemed to be the common theme. Micromanagement was and probably still is rampant to the point employee morale has been severely affected. CVS who recently bought Omnicare claim improving the culture in the workplace is one of their top goals. I sincerely hope they recognize this and are able to improve the attitude in the pharmacies by addressing upper management first.
Pros
Knowing your ultimate job is improving the lives of the patients
Cons
micromanagement, compensation
order entry tech
data entry tech (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 27, 2015
Co workers are great. Pay sucks. Hours and rotating shifts suck. Omnicare doesnt care about its employees. No pay raises. No bonuses, not even a Christmas acknowledgment. They only care about the numbers. Its a paycheck. ..not a big one...but if you are desperate for work then apply here. Training sucks, every body in my department was trained differently. High turnover rate because the company sucks. No reimbursement for CE or license renewal.
Pros
every now and then you get free lunch
Cons
rotating shifts, bad training, low pay for techs
job was great
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILFebruary 16, 2016
i really enjoyed the job and it paid well. the people and environment are great. Its just some management that were not people oriented enough to be called management
Pros
nice benefits and environment
Cons
lack there of good management
Benefit Investigation
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 15, 2015
• Responsible for the Biogen account handling benefits investigations and prior authorizations
• Receive referrals from the case managers, and deal with copay assistance
• Completed documentation including Prior Authorization, ICD Coding 9 & 10
• Collected additional documentation including; clinical notes, lab results, step therapy
• Responsible for running test and live claims and referrals
Pros
Patient centered focus
Cons
Structure
Every day is something new/ Daily Dynamics
IV Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Lodi, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Pro's: Four hour work days
Con's: Night hours, Compensation
Over all an enjoyable place to work, Short commute from home and happy staff.
Pros
One hour lunch, Ten hour work day
Cons
Training could be streamlined and Consisitent
Omnicare is a great company! Fun culture and benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 19, 2016
Omnicare is a great company! Fun culture and benefits. I had a wonderful experience and could not say anything negative.
Ok place to work..
Field Service Representative, Med B Division (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJanuary 5, 2016
Good location. Nice small company. I would work here again. Great benefits and compensation. A lot of room to grow and relocate if you want that option.
Inovative, fun, family oriented
Pharmacy pick technician (Current Employee) –  Golden, CODecember 11, 2015
As a pick tech you both pull and fill prescriptions in a fast paced environment. They are very good at cross training and teaching all the various systems they have so as to make you an even more prepared if ever they need help.
benefits
Cons
have not seen any
Not kool with comminication to employees
CIC Associate (Former Employee) –  West Chester,OHSeptember 10, 2015
Worked here over 10yrs. Without reasons told to us they just closed us down( for the sake of business)...moved our division(CIC) to Chicago. Over 60 out of work. Now they are moving the downtown division giving over 200 the boot.. Management /supervisors gave poor instructions & poor training only focus on negative. Very rare positive feed back. No bonus's or any special compensations. Company does Not care for employees only $$$...
Pros
Paid my bills
Cons
Points system, taking a sick bank that was accruedbur not paid out..
n/a
Intake Technician (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTNovember 15, 2015
Omnicare provided good work experience in different aspects of healthcare administration and billing. The supervisors are kind and helpful, and it is good for someone trying to break into the healthcare industry and desiring pharmacy knowledge and experience.
Pros
Knowledge of healthcare administration
Cons
second shift, salary, no upward mobility
Managing a territory of over 30 facilities for enteral care, trach, ostomy & folies
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 24, 2016
Worked at my home office. Monday - Thursday were our business days with Friday as our office day,
My typical days duties were: Conducting in-services for the staff of these facilities, explaining the roles of the company, ordering process and qualifying the patient for services. Obtaining complete and accurate documentation and forms to insure reimbursement.
Maintaining my reports are accurate for all audits and ensuring that all company and regional financial goals were met or exceeded.
This company was bought out and the company that took over had their staff in my territory. I was laid off.
Patient Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 20, 2015
If you don't mind traveling from location to location, this place is really a nice place to work, they love to promote from within they are every good about schedules and really good about communication. I just wish there was one in the Indiana side of the bridge.
Pros
easy going people, fun work environment, good pay and benefits
Cons
far from home, training at different locations
Honestly just stay away.
Patient Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 23, 2016
Do yourself the favor and stay away from this place. Management is a joke here, they tell you that they really care about you and your growth, but in reality all this places cares about are the numbers. You cant trust management or the leads because every little detail that you say to someone manages to get out to the entire floor. Get this, there method of the trying to excite everyone is be giving us candy.. Like really? how old do you think i am. Don't get me wrong though, i like that we have the weekend off, but that's really it (sadly). Find something else, don't let the bs that managements feeds you get to your head. Grow your roots somewhere else.
Pros
pay
Cons
management, no growth
Customer Service Expierence
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 29, 2015
Working in customer service for 4+ years has taught me patience and understanding to others needs. As a pharmacy tech, I have grown in not only typing proficiently, but also caring for the needs of patients not able to take care of themselves. Overall my experience has been a one-of-a kind and I would show much gratitude in continuing my experiences.
Pros
Health Benefits, Pat rate, Overtime available
Cons
Short breaks, Work enviornment
Not terrible all the time, but could be a lot better
Technician (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 20, 2016
Consistency is something that barely exists. Management tries to make improvements, but seem to be complacent with mediocrity both from all employees and themselves. I know I do not want to do this job, or work in this environment the rest of my life. Technicians are criticized most often than praised for the jobs they do. Things would be so much worse if the hard working & dedicated employees that do work here walked away which is what this location deserves.
Pros
Benefits, co-workers
Cons
Lack of leadership, old building, inconsistent release times, parking is insufficient due to delivery company sharing lot, old single bathrooms
poor working evnrionment
Pharmaceutical Technician (Former Employee) –  spokane, washingtonAugust 28, 2015
The only thing that I enjoyed about working here is the people in my immediate area. Management is very poor, they tend to say one thing and then not hold up what they tell you they will do for you. The pay is some of the lowest in this field. They switch schedules without asking the employee. It seems to be very clique oriented and if you are an outlier you will be treated differently.
Pros
no pros to this job
Cons
bad pay, worse benefits and un reliable management
Bad place to work for!
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAMay 11, 2016
Worked there for 2 weeks. Trained me for one week and then through me in the Easton office the next week by myself. The district manager is awful. She wants no change and They work with one computer and schedule 10 therapists, 2 doctors and 1 nurse practitioner out of a black scheduling book. You have no computer to schedule the patients to the Doctors or Therapists. It is a mess. The filing is atrocious. Then you have to call every patient for the Therapists to confirm the appointment and check their insurance every night. They expect you to come in early and stay late to get the job done, but refuse to pay you overtime. They are not nice people to work for. They pay awful. They are not up to date with computers or office equipment its like working in the 1970's.
no breaks, no pay for overtime, will not listen to suggestions.
Cons
no breaks, no pay for overtime, will not listen to suggestions.
Team leads are always against you
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHAugust 1, 2016
I worked here very recently however the team leads are always against you. They never introduce themselves to you and when you ask a question they treat you like you are stupid even though you are brand new. I was on the phone with customers and Pharmacists are screaming at you in the back ground because they do not want you to transfer the call to them, but you needed to because we didn't have the answer. They would refuse the calls and you were left to make something up. It was a miserable experience and I wouldn't go back if you paid me to.
Pros
Free cake once a month
Cons
This was just my experience
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 16, 2016
I worked there for 2yrs the atmosphere was not great there is alot of favoritism and ppl who have cliques team work doesn't even exist there and no one has your back they want to work you like a hebrew slave and give you pennies for a raise literally pennies and to show how much they appreciate you they give you some funky cvs bucks to buy there stuff but still no real money they don't let you advance they try to keep you in one area so they can suck you dry like the blood sacking vampires that they are. Fair warning I wish someone would have warned me...
Pros
I got to gain some experience and meet some really cool ppl

2.7