Omnicare Employee Reviews in United States

fun,
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJune 23, 2016
assist disabled with getting dressed,medication, and getting out in the community,cooking meals for them, playing games,listening to their favorite music,taking them to places that they like
Pros
down time
A great Company
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 22, 2016
I enjoyed working with this company , but feel like they have top management issues, and will continue to have high turnover rates until they remove the old managers that have been there for a while. its built on dishonest, and the managers stick with each other even if they no its unethical.
This was just my experience
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 16, 2016
I worked there for 2yrs the atmosphere was not great there is alot of favoritism and ppl who have cliques team work doesn't even exist there and no one has your back they want to work you like a hebrew slave and give you pennies for a raise literally pennies and to show how much they appreciate you they give you some funky cvs bucks to buy there stuff but still no real money they don't let you advance they try to keep you in one area so they can suck you dry like the blood sacking vampires that they are. Fair warning I wish someone would have warned me...
Pros
I got to gain some experience and meet some really cool ppl
pharmacy technician
Fee basis inpatient pharmacy technician (Current Employee) –  Murphy, VAJune 16, 2016
I worked in the mail order pharmacy for more than 12+ years. The pharmacy department closed down and moved up to Chicago.
pharmacy tech
PHARMACY TECH (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAJune 14, 2016
Its a lot of drama. The older people who been there prolly since the company opened are set in their ways they talk about each other then smile in each other face. Nobody like to help one another they will sit there a watch you drown....Very Poor Management
Pros
its a job
Cons
drama, selfish people, big turn over
Average company
Director (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 11, 2016
There were good times and not so good times...most recently no so good. Culture is all about the company...no programs for employee growth.
Awful, just awful
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAJune 10, 2016
Mind as well call the company Omni "dont" care. Cause they simply don't care about you. Forget about your life outside of work. Supervisors will threaten you with termination if u don't work when they want you to work. That's the culture there. Don't expect managers to help with the overwhelming work, it's your duty to stay and work, not the supervisors.
Pros
Cons
Management and oh ya, everything.
Was a great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 9, 2016
Review emails
Pull Faxes/Review
Review New patients
Key in Billable patients
Check reports
Review holds/call on them if needed
Pros
People
Cons
Company went under (twice)
fun ,productive work place
Call center representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 6, 2016
working at Omnicare consist of answering inbound calls about the safety net foundation . customers would call in with question regarding applying for the safety net foundation.
Horrible place to work
Triage/order entry technician (Current Employee) –  MichiganJune 6, 2016
Poorly managed, extremely long hours you never know when you will be able to go home and company could care less. Very rude and unfriendly coworkers. Absolutely no work/life balance. Training is terrible as person who trains has no time to so. Work environment is bad and extremely unclean with no ventilation. The management is never satisfied with your quality work no matter what.
Pros
The only pros are when you have days off and away from this place
Cons
extermely long hours, rude coworkers, poor management
changing environment
Purchasing dept (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 4, 2016
Lots of work your day will go fast, always something to do had to receive the products and ship products. co-workers work together to help get the job done.
The business it self is changing CVS is now taking over so many changes are coming.
Pros
friendly place
Cons
point system
Management hasn't changed
Back end (Current Employee) –  N Syracuse, NYJune 2, 2016
It's worse now than ever before. The incompetence is at the TOP. The GM position is a revolving door; even worse now that CVS took over.
Employees are miserable; one screws up and the rest have to pay. Bad attitudes, slow, understaffed, and no incentive or motivation anywhere.
Overall terrible
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 1, 2016
Mostly disorganized and unfocused management. Managers bribe with raises to try to keep you from leaving. Unpredictable hours. Terrible training procedures. Avoid this place.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Horrible place to work
Traige Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJune 1, 2016
Omnicare is so money hungry they could care less about employees. They are a multi billion dollar company and cut their worker pay by 4% because they said they couldn't afford to pay them. You are expected to stay until all work is finished even though you work on a team and there is a scheduled late person. Sometimes I would be in there from 7:00am-9:00pm. I have 2 kids and missed out on a majority of their life when I worked there. They have no respect for employees. I was actually told one time that I could go ahead and quit because they could get any monkey to do my job.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Good work enviroment
Senior Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Whippany, NJMay 27, 2016
I enjoyed the daily interaction with my co-workers. The management was very professional. I was glad to be part of the team.
Busy and fun place to work
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 22, 2016
Fast Paced work environment.
I learned a lot more bout certain medications and what they do.
There is always opportunities for career advancement there.
Management does very well at handling all issues and concerns in a orderly manor.
The hardest part of the job is what you make it to be.
The most enjoyable part of the job the relationships you build with your fellow coworkers, pharmacist, PRICELESS!
Pros
Short break
Cons
Healthcare
Busy and busy crazy
Order Entry Registered Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLMay 22, 2016
The company has grown in many ways. The company is very aware how busy and stressful can be at some point. It is important that going to school for pharmacy tech will know the difference between retail and non-retail pharmacies.
Pros
Flexible scheduled
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 12, 2016
I enjoy working there. It is a great place to work but I am looking to
move on and earn more than I am making now. I think that Omnicare has a lot to offer its employees and it is a nice place to work.
Pros
personal time off, benefits
Cons
break room expansion is needed
Bad place to work for!
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAMay 11, 2016
Worked there for 2 weeks. Trained me for one week and then through me in the Easton office the next week by myself. The district manager is awful. She wants no change and They work with one computer and schedule 10 therapists, 2 doctors and 1 nurse practitioner out of a black scheduling book. You have no computer to schedule the patients to the Doctors or Therapists. It is a mess. The filing is atrocious. Then you have to call every patient for the Therapists to confirm the appointment and check their insurance every night. They expect you to come in early and stay late to get the job done, but refuse to pay you overtime. They are not nice people to work for. They pay awful. They are not up to date with computers or office equipment its like working in the 1970's.
no breaks, no pay for overtime, will not listen to suggestions.
Cons
no breaks, no pay for overtime, will not listen to suggestions.
Great Job!
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 4, 2016
I still work for Omnicare in the Salt Lake Pharmacy which also hold the billing office upstairs. I work in the billing department which is a great job. The managers know what they are doing and are always willing to acomadate you if you need to leave for an emergency, time off for an appointment or just want to take a little bit longer lunch to have it with your child. We have potlucks at the pharmacy, and try to make it a very enjoyable experience for everyone. It can be very stressful at times though when the bills get to the facilities or patients and everyone calls in at once to complain. And of course lots of people like call in on Fridays which is very frustrating.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Not enough pay