Omnicare Employee Reviews in United States

Culture needs improvement
employee (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 9, 2016
As a lower level manger, the job had little to no satisfaction. There was little time for life independent of work. The benefits and pay were minimal compared to other sectors of pharmacy. You were always looking over your shoulder because throwing each other under the bus seemed to be the common theme. Micromanagement was and probably still is rampant to the point employee morale has been severely affected. CVS who recently bought Omnicare claim improving the culture in the workplace is one of their top goals. I sincerely hope they recognize this and are able to improve the attitude in the pharmacies by addressing upper management first.
Pros
Knowing your ultimate job is improving the lives of the patients
Cons
micromanagement, compensation
contradictory company
Data Entry Technician (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJFebruary 5, 2016
If you become your managers best friend you can enjoy an easy life watching other people work. Stay away from Omnicare of Moorestown. If you value family and your health. Otherwise your signing up for misery. The money well don't expect a real raise or job security. Unless you sell your soul. They will fire you for following procedures in ethics. Remember enron yeah the pharmacy version of that. To put it bluntly people that work there now would physically eliminate a member of your family and try to frame you. Sound like somewhere you want to work. I doubt it. Happy job hunting.
Pros
long term care experience
Cons
morally and ethically inept
order entry tech
data entry tech (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 27, 2015
Co workers are great. Pay sucks. Hours and rotating shifts suck. Omnicare doesnt care about its employees. No pay raises. No bonuses, not even a Christmas acknowledgment. They only care about the numbers. Its a paycheck. ..not a big one...but if you are desperate for work then apply here. Training sucks, every body in my department was trained differently. High turnover rate because the company sucks. No reimbursement for CE or license renewal.
Pros
every now and then you get free lunch
Cons
rotating shifts, bad training, low pay for techs
Unprofessional management, no structured training
Intake Technician (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOFebruary 16, 2016
I was an intake technician and worked for about 6 months and I am very happy I'm no longer with this company!!! My manager was so unprofessional and showed too much favoritism. Constantly on her phone having personal, inappropriate conversations. Her boss had no clue about our side of the department and was no help when my manager was absent. And not to mention my 6 months of being there I was never fully trained on my job but was told to help a new hire about 3 months in. You're basically a warm body, they could care less if you actually do your job correctly, this place is a circus!! Go to as many interviews as you can before you accept a job offer from them!!!
Pros
Pay is decent, some coworkers were great
Cons
Short breaks, unprofessional management, no job training
job was great
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILFebruary 16, 2016
i really enjoyed the job and it paid well. the people and environment are great. Its just some management that were not people oriented enough to be called management
Pros
nice benefits and environment
Cons
lack there of good management
Only if no other job is available
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDOctober 3, 2015
No real training program. Too much office politics. The wrong folks in the wrong positions. Management should use bi-directional communication. Extremely high turnover. Do not get to know your co-workers, they will not be there long.

Hardest part of the job is to understand what is needed from day to day. When you think you understand your position, it changes drastically.

Best part is there is no short of workplace drama. Pharmacy soap opera everyday.
Pros
Get to know long-term care
Cons
Negative environment
Omnicare is a great company! Fun culture and benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 19, 2016
Omnicare is a great company! Fun culture and benefits. I had a wonderful experience and could not say anything negative.
Staging tech
Stage Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 31, 2016
Worked there for 6 mos and haven't seen more of a disorganized company . Half their materials and computers would constantly have problems . They don't care about your personal life and pretty much own you. I worked over nights and there's no management there so people take their sweet time and nothing is completed. Very different from what the perceive to present themselves as.
Pros
Cons
Lazy people, no life, rude people
I enjoyed just being there with some really nice people. We all were there to help one another for the most part. It was nice to be part of a team.
Stageing Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 18, 2015
This job was a big change from being a workers comp examine. I lost my job in the recession because with everybody being unemployed we became unemployed as well. I decided to stay busy on a plan B so I went to pharmacy technician school because there seemed to be a lot of work in Tampa for that type a job. Even though the money was minimal, the work was far less stressful than my previous career. Omnicare was a good place to work. You didn't have to worry about making a $200,000 mistake. The work was done at the end of the day.
Pros
Less stress, dress code, Nice people.
Cons
Nepotism there were many young people who did not appreciate even having a job, and did not have any respect for the company with their behavior.
Work Place
Overnight Pharmacy technician/ALV operator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Center,MinnesotaOctober 14, 2015
Great work environment, Great people. I love the job security.
cons- bad management, compensation not the greatest, poor communication

Want to know more about Omnicare?

Ask a question
Busy
Triage Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 29, 2015
A typical work day was busy, busy, busy. Between fielding up to 115 phone calls on a multi-lines phone and processing refills to sorting all the documents that came into the system via fax I was always on the go. I enjoyed the busy environment and learning what I am capable of when being the senior tech on staff. My co-workers were always fun and easy to get along with. I had a great team behind me and management that would listen if I had any concerns about what was needed. The hardest part for me was feeling like I was accomplishing enough and maintaining the level of productivity that I needed to. The most enjoyable part of my job was, in-fact, my co-workers; whenever I had a major life event [the birth of both my children] or a family member having surgery my team and my management were supportive. It's rare to have a team that are not only your co-workers but your friends.
Pros
great people
Cons
short staffed
Not kool with comminication to employees
CIC Associate (Former Employee) –  West Chester,OHSeptember 10, 2015
Worked here over 10yrs. Without reasons told to us they just closed us down( for the sake of business)...moved our division(CIC) to Chicago. Over 60 out of work. Now they are moving the downtown division giving over 200 the boot.. Management /supervisors gave poor instructions & poor training only focus on negative. Very rare positive feed back. No bonus's or any special compensations. Company does Not care for employees only $$$...
Pros
Paid my bills
Cons
Points system, taking a sick bank that was accruedbur not paid out..
Disrespectful to employees, only care about numbers, not patients not customers
Pharmacist in Charge (Former Employee) –  AshlandSeptember 4, 2015
Horrible place to work, every location is the same. No training, perks are not what you think.
Company will tell you whatever they want; Omnicare does not care for patients.
It's all.about numbers, the bottom line and the CEO, CFO.
No management skills whatsoever.
Omnicare needs to be shut down and taken over by CVS, perhaps their business strategy will improve the culture.
Pros
Cons
lack of patient care, lack of employee interest, worse place I have worked
unhealthy work enviorment
CVS, IV (infusion) Technician (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 2, 2016
POOR MANAGMENT
always short staffed & no actions are being taken
over worked & lack of appreciation
lack of communication
lack of culture
unorganized
favoritism
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Very Conservatively Corporate
Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 31, 2016
In my time at Omnicare, I sat threw 3 reductions in force, finally being affected when the company was sold to CVS. I grew as a professional in my time there, but the environment could have been better. Moral on my floor was very low and there was little done to try to improve morale. Upper management cared only about the bottom line and not about the individual employee.
Ok place to work..
Field Service Representative, Med B Division (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJanuary 5, 2016
Good location. Nice small company. I would work here again. Great benefits and compensation. A lot of room to grow and relocate if you want that option.
poor working evnrionment
Pharmaceutical Technician (Former Employee) –  spokane, washingtonAugust 28, 2015
The only thing that I enjoyed about working here is the people in my immediate area. Management is very poor, they tend to say one thing and then not hold up what they tell you they will do for you. The pay is some of the lowest in this field. They switch schedules without asking the employee. It seems to be very clique oriented and if you are an outlier you will be treated differently.
Pros
no pros to this job
Cons
bad pay, worse benefits and un reliable management
Has its perks, but not worth the frustration.
Biller (Current Employee) –  Englewood, OHOctober 14, 2015
Basically the only perk with this company is the PTO and the flexibility when you need to make appointments, etc. The insurance is good, but if you need coverage for more than just yourself, can get expensive. The pay seemed good at first, but the raises are minuscule and have even been denied company-wide in the past, after the most recent lawsuit wiped out the budget. The better you are at your job, the more responsibilities you are handed...without any perks or motive. It's pretty much "this person can't/doesn't WANT to learn this, but we know you can handle it, right?"

Management will acknowledge that things aren't fair for all employees, but add that they can't do anything about it, for some reason they aren't allowed to tell you. Everyone is constantly competing for the potential of a promotion that just never comes, and that creates a pretty hostile work environment. This is the place for you if you prefer to brown-nose, but don't expect to benefit much from actually going above and beyond in your job duties.

"Company Policy" means nothing, either. Everything is at your manager's discretion, and believe me, they use it. Some departments get a lunch and 2 fifteens, some don't. You may be hired in as 8a-4:30p and find out your first week you're going to be 2nd shift instead. They won't let someone have a day off for one reason or another, then turn around and let someone else. I've personally seen all those things happen...they're not just hypothetical examples.
Pros
Decent benefits start right away, (sometimes) flexible scheduling
Cons
Double standards and special treatment, rules and schedules are constantly changing
Bad place to work for!
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAMay 11, 2016
Worked there for 2 weeks. Trained me for one week and then through me in the Easton office the next week by myself. The district manager is awful. She wants no change and They work with one computer and schedule 10 therapists, 2 doctors and 1 nurse practitioner out of a black scheduling book. You have no computer to schedule the patients to the Doctors or Therapists. It is a mess. The filing is atrocious. Then you have to call every patient for the Therapists to confirm the appointment and check their insurance every night. They expect you to come in early and stay late to get the job done, but refuse to pay you overtime. They are not nice people to work for. They pay awful. They are not up to date with computers or office equipment its like working in the 1970's.
no breaks, no pay for overtime, will not listen to suggestions.
Cons
no breaks, no pay for overtime, will not listen to suggestions.
Productive and a fun to work.
Work as Pharmacy Packaging Technician (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNMarch 1, 2016
I enjoy working at Omnicare. The management team cares about their employees and treat everyone with respect. My co-workers are amazing and fun to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job is working together as a team.