Omnicare

Omnicare Employer Reviews

worked with some great people, management poor and took way too much time micromanaging. but overall a decent job.
Pharmacy technician (Former Employee), Hickory, NCFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: my fellow ex employees, climate control (except in the summer)
Cons: management, and did i mention management?
counted pills, checked out of dates, packaged scripts. dealt with old and outdated equipment, as well as a ridiculous management system that relied entirely on favoritism based on who knew who. just abysmal. could not rely on management to handle real issues due to people playing sides. and way too much micromanaging going on. i have not seen anything like it in my professional life. but my fellow employees were a joy to be around. i always hope to find others like them in future positions.
Pharmacy Technician (Extern)
Billing/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: pharmacy
Cons: long hours
Assisted pharmacist and other pharmacy staff with duties around pharmacy. Filled different types of medications. Processed pharmacy labels. Picked and put away medications.
It was a great learning experience
Staging Technician (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 23, 2015
I loved my time here. It helped me grow in the pharmaceutical field. I learned the importance of teamwork and patient safety.
I work as a pharmacy technician
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 20, 2015
compounding is a thing here. Learned about narcotics and pharmacy ways. IV infusions and Stat orders going out. Sent out meds to nursing homes
Not what I expected
Data Entry Technician (Former Employee), Coventry, RIFebruary 19, 2015
Cons: there is no structured training course.
I would of liked a more organized training course. I was not really challenged. Overall not that bad of a place to work for, it just was not the right fit for me.
Pharmacy industry
Revenue Qualifier (Current Employee), Allentown, PAFebruary 12, 2015
I've learned many aspects of the pharmacy industry, from medical records to working first hand in the pharmacy to audits and setting insurance up for patients, the coworkers were all great and have many friends from years of working there
long term care pharmacy
Account Executive (Former Employee), Sanford, FLFebruary 9, 2015
Omnicare is a fortune 500 company with pharmacies located in more then 45 states. It's a leader in the long term care industry providing service 24/7 to skilled and assistant living facilities.
good first job
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), SCFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: long hours
learned a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wonderful place to work and wonderful people to work with.
Prepack Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAFebruary 5, 2015
The best thing about my job was the diversity. It was never the same thing day after day. The opportunities were there for advancement.
People were nice.
Server (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 5, 2015
I learned alot at Omnicare. I got along well with other people. I enjoyed what I was doing, My co-workers were very nice. It was in a convenient lacation
HIGH PACED WORK PLACE
Senior Data Entry Tech (Current Employee), Pittsburgh PaFebruary 3, 2015
HIGH VOLUME WORK LOAD. FAST PACED JOB. LARGE VOLUME PHONE CALLS. NICE PEOPLE / COWORKERS.
ENJOYABLE TO WORK WITH. ALWAYS HAVE WORK TO DO.
NO DOWN TIME.
No training, low morale
Picking Technician (Current Employee), La Vista, NebrFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: no training, no talking, long and crazy hours, lots of standing and often in one place on concrete. management does not have a clue.
Even with previous pharmacy background, you will be lost in the sea of Omnicare. Once hired staff usually, with help of management spend the day putting out fires. No one can complete a work assignment because of constantly being moved to a different area to put out a fire. New people are not trained. They are just thrown in the mix and expected to perform like someone who has work for a year. The culture there is your a body, do this, now do that, now do this. Yet, they will not show you how to do anything, or explain anything. They want no talking, fast work, and be willing to live at the place if the need arises. Which is everyday, since it's so mismanaged nothing get done on time. Then when the dust settles down, they will have a meeting about all the mistakes made. Long hours, no communication, management just makes appearances to put out fires and ramrod the crew to where the nearest fire is burning. Total disrespect for new people. A new person will be on their own to learn what they can, and if your lucky someone might answer a question, which totally depends on their mood. Low morale, long hours when mandated. Crazy start times, for most everyone. They don't even tell the new hires they get two breaks or a lunch. Keep them working until they figure it out. Turn over is high, and the stress is higher. Don't work for them unless you absolutely need a paycheck. Oh, and did I mention the standing all day, bad lighting and crazy cold conditions. But they do have free coffee, and provide plates, silverware, water, etc., provided you have figured out you get two breaks and – more... a lunch. A most impersonal place to work. It will pay the bills, but you will be stressed out daily. You can work tons of OT, but it's never enough and it's daily. Bottom line, seek other employment if possible. Unless, you enjoy making mistakes with drugs all because they don't provide training. Could be a better place to work, but it would take listening to the workers, and that's not going to happen. – less
Awful
CPhT Infusion Technician (Current Employee), Rochester, NYFebruary 1, 2015
This is not a company I would recommend to anyone, it is a culture of fear and intimidation with unqualified individuals running each area of the business.
productive, busy and overall great company
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: caring company, friendly atmosphere, help whenever needed
Cons: late orders, rarely got out on time
I filled prescriptions everyday all day and everyone that i worked with were very friendly and helpful. the hardest part was when we had to compound but overall it was an amazing experience i loved having the opportunity working at omnicare.
The most boring job I have ever had
Certified Pharmacy Data Entry Technician (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 28, 2015
I just started in August and I am already looking for a new job, that should basically say it all.
Negative work environment sixty percent of the time.
Lead pharmacy technician (Current Employee), Fort WayneJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: short commute
Cons: bad morale, lack of communication, unprofessional management
Assign work stations and then I print, separate labels, pull medications, pack, and then scan them. Pull compound ingredients for a pharmacist to check and then mix compounds.
Work on stats off and on all day in between day routes and make sure different areas aren't getting more than their share of work without enough help.
Management tends to belittle employees rather than encourage them. They also like to make decisions without even knowing how their decisions affect the daily operations. Empowering the employees who are in these areas each and every day to make some of these decisions would be a better choice. Favoritism also runs rampant in this company. They tend to pick and choose who has to do the jobs no one else wants. Only the favorites get what they want, when they want it.
Several of my co-workers are extremely negative and unmotivated. They help the managers in making the environment and morale bad. The hardest part of the job is giving a hundred and ten percent of yourself and not getting so much as a pat on the shoulder, instead our manager says next time lets get our routes out even earlier or our numbers down lower, etc....
Always more, more, more. It gets tiring after awhile especially when there are only a few people who give it their all.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the multi-tasking and the personal satisfaction of doing a great job.
Stressful and unwilling to work with hours for home/work balance
Licensed Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Lodi, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: ergomonic phones and chairs, mostly pleasant coworkers
Cons: low pay, inconsistant hours, high stress
My typical day was on phones chasing prescriptions from annoyed doctors for furious nurses for very sick people. The hours were constantly changing, overtime was often required, and the culture was that no matter how nasty the client was you had to have a smile in your voice. It was tough.
The people there were on average pretty great. Pharmacists could get entitled and management did what they could, but techs were the peons of the company and reminded of it often.
I did learn about some billing and insurance resolution, but since the work environment was so hectic training was not a priority.
you learn something new with Dr.Bhat
Pharmacy technician -internship (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 14, 2015
checked in and out patients verified insurance collected copays did referrals, collected blood/urine samples performed ekg triaged patients and assisted provider pre prep new patients charts updated patient information's scheduled and verified patient appointments
Good place to work other employees are helpful
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: flexibles with the schedule
Cons: long drive( depending on where you live), traffic on rockville rd.
I worked for this company for approx. 4 years. Even though it was far from where I lived I enjoyed the work environment. People are nice, helpful. They worked with my schedule when life events began to occur( kids and spouse career change). Management available to teach new skills
Productive and fun atmosphere
Pharmacy Technician (Externship) (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 11, 2015
Create and print labels, inventory, pre-packaging, of different medicines, topicals, solutions, etc.

1 2 3 4 5

About Omnicare

Omnicare, Inc., a Fortune 400 company based in Cincinnati, Ohio, provides comprehensive pharmaceutical services to patients and – Read more