Omnicare Employee Reviews in United States

Configuration Engineer
Configuration Engineer (Former Employee) –  OhioMay 3, 2016
Created a Shell script to back up all subversion repositories in a directory and scheduled daily cleanup.Administered AntHillPro and install anthill agents in different servers for build and deploy tasks.Created an anthill workflow to automate the merging of source code from branches/tags once the code is deployed to the production environment.Implemented and maintained the branching and merging structure for build/release strategies utilizing Subversion and GIT in Linux and Windows.
Over worked, poor management
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 26, 2016
Way understaffed and overworked at all times...gave out schedules 24 hours in advance at times and have you working a different shift everyday, there was no work life balance whatsoever...they would schedule you at random to cover any gaps from being understaffed...constantly had to work through lunches, take late breaks...they would deny any time off requests, which would make you lose PTO hours at the end of the year since you didn't use them....my coworkers were great for the most part, always a few bad seeds...but at the end of the day I think it was the company...Omnicare itself, does not care about the patients, customers, or employees....Omnicare only cared about money...I really hope that since CVS has acquired Omnicare, things have changed for the better.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Omnicare.
An OK employer but no feeling of security for most employees
Tech Manager (Former Employee) –  RemoteApril 24, 2016
Daily routine was left to my discretion since I remained disciplined enough to complete my projects. Management was flexible. My staff were some of the best people employed by this company. The hardest part of my particular job was getting my managers to understand exactly what I did since my area was outside of the normal characteristics of the company. The ability to remain autonomous was the most enjoyable element of my job.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Company's lack of understanding of the line of business I was responsible for
Hostile Work Environment
Order Entry Technician (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 23, 2016
I only worked at Omnicare for 10 months. The first few months were great until I was hospitalized and forced to miss 2 weeks of work. After that my coworkers, including my manager, belittled and tormented me. I went to HR multiple times and they said there was nothing they could do. The people would rather gossip than do their jobs. The place has terrible communication issues between departments and no one is ever on the same page.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Co-Workers and Management are Rude
terrible experience
Order Entry / Call Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDApril 21, 2016
this company cares nothing for its employees, management is extremely disorganized and believes treating their employees like they are in a sweat shop will produce quickier results, They will watch how many times you use the bathroom, talk to your neighbor, get coffee from the breakroom and snack at your desk to increase productivity, no matter if you're sick, your mother is dying or your child is in need of help they will make you stay at work, your shift will be changed without your knowledge to day, evening or night shift whatever is needed. the office is always understaffed because they treat their employees so bad no one is willing to suffer for the pay they offer an hour. Anything you need to handle must be handled during your break even if your car has been broken into in their parking lot. If you have a choice in the matter please do not work here.
Cons
dictatorship styled management
worst job ever!!
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 21, 2016
you are supposed to work 9-5 weekends off but they don't have enough people trained for every job.
If your pre pack and you don't hit your numbers you start coming in early and working late and coming in on weekends because management was horrible and would belittle talk down and treat you like horribly if you didn't.
Don't let an emergency happen because they do not care!! Peoples kids would be sick and they would write them up for calling out. We injuries on the the job so what get up and keep working.
I have heard they have been bought out recently and I hope things change for the better!
Pros
Cons
everything
Ok place to work
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILApril 21, 2016
A very quite place to work. Most of the daily activity was spent on the phone or behind the computer working on daily medical billing.
Pros
Great location
Cons
Company wasn't well ran
Omnicare
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLApril 18, 2016
Great place to learn a lot of new things, except there is no room for advancement.
Omnicare offers great benefits.But there is no home life and work life balance.
Not much opportunity for advancement
Pharmacy Technician-Order Entry Lead (Current Employee) –  Golden, COApril 16, 2016
-reactive management team (not proactive at all)
-no room for advancement/development
-employee morale is low
-when in a management position- absolutely no work/life balance
Pharmacy Warehouse
Extern (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 12, 2016
• Entered confidential medical information into company database
• Stocked medication shelves to ensure timely and accurate distribution to pharmacy patients
• Completed prescription orders for shipment to facility
Medical Claims
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WI 54729April 10, 2016
Review and process medical claims for accurate payment. Adjust incorrect payments in a timely manner with accuracy. Multi task and complete tasks quickly.
Disgrace
Front End (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCApril 7, 2016
They say they care but show you how much they don't. Management treats you like dirt so they can't stay fully staffed and the techs that are there have to work overtime because it can't stay fully staffed. Heaven forbid management be accountable for anything. Ask for help and you get more work unless you are a butt kisser that can't handle your workload then you get help. And promotions or position changes are only given when benefitting management. How does someone who is not a pharmacist nor a certified tech run a pharmacy? Learn to do the job before ypu try to tell me how to do it!
I loved what I did, just a shame management made me feel worthless.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Managers
OK place to work
Technician Manager (Current Employee) –  West Seneca, NYApril 4, 2016
Ok place to work, however there is less and less staff and not rehiring which doesn't allow to do job satisfactory. Hard work is not noticed and not rewarded.
unhealthy work enviorment
CVS, IV (infusion) Technician (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 2, 2016
POOR MANAGMENT
always short staffed & no actions are being taken
over worked & lack of appreciation
lack of communication
lack of culture
unorganized
favoritism
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Make working here a last resort!!!!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 31, 2016
No proper training, supervisors lack professionalism and supervisory skills. Omnicare doesn't care about your family life or illnesses they want you to show up on your death bed!! No such thing as an excused absence even with a doctors note!!
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Everything else! Rude supervisors and pharmacist, they don't even want to know your name just do what you are told!!
Staging tech
Stage Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 31, 2016
Worked there for 6 mos and haven't seen more of a disorganized company . Half their materials and computers would constantly have problems . They don't care about your personal life and pretty much own you. I worked over nights and there's no management there so people take their sweet time and nothing is completed. Very different from what the perceive to present themselves as.
Pros
Cons
Lazy people, no life, rude people
Picking Technician (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 30, 2016
A great place to work, great environment, great coworkers! They are flexible. There is always work to be done and a variety of things to do!
Consultant for CompuCom
PC Refresh Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDMarch 27, 2016
Setup new pre-imaged Windows 7 workstations as a PC refresh for the old XP systems.

The whole process was clearly stated with written instructions for the steps that needed to happen.

OmniCare IT Team contacts were helpful.

My CompuCom contact was incompetent. He did not get me the documents and materials that I needed until hours before the project was to begin. He also did not know what needed to be done.
I like to work hard and keep myself busy all the time
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CAMarch 22, 2016
Dispensing medications, packaging medications, medical record data entry and other duties as assigned. I hardest part of these jobs is when the phone rings all the time. I enjoy working with my supervisor and my co-workers there. I enjoy doing my work and like my job.
Forget about having a life
Senior order entry (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 18, 2016
Omnicare doesn't care if you're happy or not. You will work without knowing what time you'll be home or if you'll get dinner that night. And don't bother complaining.....they know, they just don't care.
Pros
Never short on unwanted over time
Cons
They own you