Omnicare Employee Reviews

Ok place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 23, 2017
It's ok if you need money. Very easy job to do. I live what I do. The management just isn't fair. They show favoritism and don't listen to lower level employees.
Pros
Job is easy
Cons
Management sucks
Great work atmosphere
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, IL 60018April 22, 2017
Once trained you work pretty independently, I learned anything I asked to get trained on. Management was new, however they were very understanding in all matters. I loved my co-workers but the pay wasn't great.
Pros
Great management, flexible schedules
Cons
low pay short staff
work day
Picking Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 21, 2017
I believe this is not a bad company to work for. When I start my shift there is work to be done so it is easy to stay busy and accomplish what needs to be accomplished
Pros
free coffee
Great place to learn
customer service (Current Employee) –  Lynwood, CAApril 20, 2017
Great opportunities and I learned so much. I worked with a great team and we all helped each other. Great work family. I progressed so much in my 3 years at Omnicare.
Pharamcy working long hours standing on feet
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 20, 2017
The company was a great company to work for. Just standing on your feet more than 8hr a day was very stressful. You need to young to work at this job, very physical labor.
Pros
GOOD COMAPNY
Cons
STANDING ON LEGS ON PERIOD OF TIME
Horrible Place to work at
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 17, 2017
Unfortunately this place is not far to everyone and would rather pick favorites than those who do there work. A typical day at was going to ones desk and hearing bosses yell at employees in front of everyone and listening to non job related conversations by supervisors.
Pros
non
Cons
everything worst job ever
Non Team Oriented Environment
Lead Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 16, 2017
Omincare had a non-professional and non-team oriented environment that promoted alot of chaos in a busy workflow. My colleagues did not care too much about the work.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Chaotic work environment
Scattered
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 13, 2017
Management didn't know what was going on. Staffed short most of the time. High quota for pharmacy techs to enter orders- quantity was more important than quality. Customers dissatisfied and would complain about billing, med errors, etc. Company did not care about the happiness of their employees
I like the job itself
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 11, 2017
The pharmacists are great, benefits not too bad. Very understaffed. Pay not at all competitive. When I bring up concerns or issues to management, including patient safety, nothing is done to resolve it.
Pros
no phones, no insurance to deal with
Cons
understaffed, non-professional employees
terrible place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTApril 10, 2017
was the worst job i think i ever had. wasnt at first but it became very hostile workplace after a while. all in all bad place to work. i wanted out pretty quick.

Want to know more about Omnicare?

Ask a question
fun enviorment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNApril 5, 2017
Prepare and track delivery of prescriptions delivered to senior facilities. Determine if proper packaging used and operate the Automatic Label Verify (ALV) machine. Train staff on ALV use and troubleshoot any problems. Insert medication into vials and manually package. Organize, verify and fill monthly cycle fill and daily drug orders accurately and efficiently.
Pros
coworkers, listen to music, fun
Cons
the point system
unorganized & poorly managed company
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 5, 2017
first job ever, and the worst job to ever work at.

-the company has certain employee that cover for each other including supervisors and upper management. If you have an problems or concerns, managers will cover it up and take care of it at the time, but it will no go further than that. If you do go further, they will fire you for doing so. Not the best place to work for....its a sweat shop sadly.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
breaks, pay, and treatment from supervisors
Omnicare
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 4, 2017
As one of the largest pharmacy providers for elderly rehabilitation and long term care facilities. The company's culture is inclusive and they provide a fair amount of perks for their employees including discounted parking as well as public transit passes.
Pros
Pleasant working conditions, good work / life balance, good training
Cons
limited opportunity for professional growth
face pace
Packing Technician (Former Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDApril 3, 2017
Lot of work to do, must be face and take brakes at the right time or you will fall behind. My only mistakes there was I stop a few times at the wrong time.
Pros
nice pay
Hated working here!
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CAApril 1, 2017
Management sucks. A lot of favoritism!!! The pay was definitely not worth the work you put into it.. When the company changed over to CVS the benefits sucked. And they took away our shift differential. They say they have open door policy and understand about personal things at home, but they can honestly care less. If they like you they'll work with your schedule. If they don't you get the short end of the stick.
closed
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 30, 2017
This place closed new company bought it . it was a good place to work loved the residents. good shifts and like the vacation time and sick time. we also got a floating holiday for your birthday.
Pros
floating holiday
Cons
out of business
Unnecessary stressful
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAMarch 29, 2017
Omnicare was a call center environment that was stressful in many ways. Lead techs weren't as helpful as they could be and management could've been beter.
Pros
ample breaks
Cons
Blatent favoritism
Quiet workplace as well as very productive.
Triage Pharmacy Technician/ Order Entry Technician (Current Employee) –  Lavista, NEMarch 28, 2017
I have learned a lot with this job from: entering orders, customer service with being on the phone with nurses calling in refills, and seeing when the patients medications can be expected to be delivered, insurance questions. I have learned a lot about non covered medications, and what different insurances there are. The environment is great everyone is helpful and works as a team to best serve our customers. The management is helpful on a daily basis and will answer any questions that I have to help serve the customer and give the nurse the best answers on their questions regarding the residents medication. The hardest part of the job was learning all of the system and codes with entering orders.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Learning the job with very little supervision.
Wasted time
Billing/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 24, 2017
I worked in the IV Billing department, after 8 months the company decided to move the billing department and I was laid off, felt as I wasted my time.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Didn't last long
Fantastic
Pharmacy Adjudicator Technician (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMarch 22, 2017
Working at Omnicare was fantastic it helped me pushed myself to meet my goals. I came into work knowing that I had no room for mistakes because if I did make one that will make the team and I fall behind.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Omnicare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9