Omnicare Employee Reviews

Do not apply here
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 16, 2016
This job sucks. The facility is filthy, dusty, nasty...they clean nothing. The management are a joke. The day one especially, full of mess playing favorites. Lack of training and support makes all the people go out the door. And some other things...healthcare unaffordable, incentives are non-existent. And oh yeah no support from upper staff when you need it. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this company!!
Pros
NONE
Cons
EVERYTHING....NO TRAINING..LIES...LACK OF GOOD PAY...DIRTY WORKPLACE
productive small work hub
Pharmacy Technician (Extern Site) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 15, 2016
Filled prescription orders by packaging and repackaging medications to be shipped to rehabilitation and long term care facilities. I enjoyed working as a team.
The most stressful pharmacy job ever! Do not work here unless desperate!
Order Entry Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 14, 2016
If you have no life, family, friends, kids, not in school, and your looking to work your butt off all day and STILL not be able to leave on time, this is the place for you. The 1st thing they don't tell new hires is you have the same start time everyday but NEVER leave at the same time everyday. You can NOT leave until all of the prescriptions have been done for the day and that is at EVERY Omnicare worldwide. All of the managers in the Milwaukee, WI branch have NO college educations and know nothing about running a business. They have all been promoted into positions of management based on friendship and being with the company 20 plus years and FINALLY getting a management opportunity. There is no room for advancement unless you are best friends and suck up to other managers. You can type all day but if everyone is not keeping up or someone calls in your screwed for being able to leave at any reasonable time. A women even died of a heart attack while working there and they laid her dead body in front of the staff and told us that we had to keep processing away. Management is not understanding and treats you terrible. A guy I worked with there started going through depression over his dying parents that he was providing for and instead of them reaching out to see if they could do anything to help him they fired him and he committed suicide shortly after. They did not care! It is a extremely stressful work environment. You are expected to be a human robot, not make any mistakes, and type a hundred prescriptions a hour and even if you do you still can't leave on time. As far  more... as the management staying to help you can FORGET about it. They will walk right out and leave their staff drowning deep but reprimand you if you type 1 thing wrong from the overwhelming amount of stress and pressure working there.  less
Pros
As much over-time as you want.
Cons
Everything else.
busy work enviorment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 14, 2016
I have enjoyed my time with Omnicare. constant work everyday great work place to learn new things, enjoy my fellow coworkers
Difficult
Adjudicator (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILSeptember 14, 2016
Working for Omnicare was an experience. My department was understaffed. While there was much time for over time, it was highly likely that you would get called in on your day off. Can be highly stressful. The co workers were by far the best part.
Good company to work for.
Revenue Qualifying Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 9, 2016
I enjoyed working at Omnicare my day consisted of mainly data entry work. Advancement and growth opportunity was minimal. My coworkers were very nice!
Great company for growth
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 9, 2016
I have worked at Omnicare for over 20 years with ample room for growth opportunities. Recently purchased by CVS and has a strong employee-focused culture.
Low pay, other things, so you may want to stay away.
Pharmacy Packaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, WISeptember 8, 2016
I worked there for one year as a Packing Technician. After starting at a lower than expected pay rate as a CphT, and learning most of the jobs in the pharmacy, I received no raises in pay. The work environment is as casual and as unprofessional as the dress code. Cell phone use in the pharmacy, not following all safety protocols, lax site security, ripped blue jeans, short shorts and flip flops worn in the office and on the production floor. The pharmacy manager is seldom seen on the production floor. When the manager is around, the manager plays favorites with employees, so avoid getting on the managers bad side. Low morale is the norm here. HR only visits location about every 4-6 weeks. They will not listen to you anyways. Most of the older workers are nice, friendly and have a good work ethic, the younger ones seem to just want to have fun.
Pros
You get to work out of the cold
Cons
Low pay, favoritism, poor management, unprofessional work environment
Omnicare... good for passing through.
Director (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 8, 2016
management lacks direction...reducing cost is not the best way to keep customers....new ownership = new lower morale.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
too many to mention
good place to work
Client Services Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 5, 2016
Omnicare was a good place to work especially in the department I worked in. We were a new department working with Biogen. The employees were also a pleasure to work with.
Definitely warehouse environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTSeptember 2, 2016
Warehouse pharmacutical work in a closed environment. No windows so air is forced with no fresh air. Fast paced but advancement opportunities are available. Micro-managed from corporate office.
Pros
Ability to work independently
Cons
Work load
cvs-omni care
delpji developer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 30, 2016
good facility but low compensation and benefit.

I don't like the corperate culture and its management style.
It is too restrictive..
Corporate Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 30, 2016
I enjoyed working at CCHMC , there were some issues with management and lack of advancement, but over all a very rewarding place to work.
order entry tech
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KS 67226August 29, 2016
I loved this job and if I wasn't having family problems I would have stayed at this job. I started back to school after I left so I never went back.
Pros
healthcare benefits, good pay, wonderful people to work with
Terrible Place to work!!!
Billing (Former Employee) –  ohioAugust 28, 2016
Stressful and tedious job, compensation not commensurate with the work load. Trainers for the position were extremely aggressive, abusive and showed favoritism amongst coworkers and trainees. Management not professional look or demeanor and when complaints are made they take sides and retaliate.
Unprofessional workplace
Order Entry (Former Employee) –  Henderson, KYAugust 25, 2016
This was an awful place to work for, and i would never have taken this job had i known!!!! The Office Manager was very unprofessional, only good to her "favorite people", ignored new employees, very very poor training involved by the another order entry person that was put in charge of training. There was way too much favoritism!! The main boss who was never there, but if he didn't like you then you were non-existant! I hope when CVS takes over some of them lose their jobs like i lost mine!!
Pros
None except a few nice people
Cons
No training, grouchy people, unprofessional, job was nothing like was told it would be in the interview, backstabbing, favoritism
Managing a territory of over 30 facilities for enteral care, trach, ostomy & folies
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 24, 2016
Worked at my home office. Monday - Thursday were our business days with Friday as our office day,
My typical days duties were: Conducting in-services for the staff of these facilities, explaining the roles of the company, ordering process and qualifying the patient for services. Obtaining complete and accurate documentation and forms to insure reimbursement.
Maintaining my reports are accurate for all audits and ensuring that all company and regional financial goals were met or exceeded.
This company was bought out and the company that took over had their staff in my territory. I was laid off.
horrible irresponsible company
Pricing Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 23, 2016
they hired 30 people for 8 weeks but most people got let go after 1 or 2 weeks because they ran out of money!!!
they have a lot of Law Suites against them after merger with CVS - very shady deals - negative revenue and treat contractors like sh**t...

for 2 weeks we did not get any traning on any indicators that our project was real...very irresponsible and unethical company!!!

take your chances if your wanted to be treated like CR*P.
Pros
no pros
Cons
horrible people - irresponsible company
Honestly just stay away.
Patient Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 23, 2016
Do yourself the favor and stay away from this place. Management is a joke here, they tell you that they really care about you and your growth, but in reality all this places cares about are the numbers. You cant trust management or the leads because every little detail that you say to someone manages to get out to the entire floor. Get this, there method of the trying to excite everyone is be giving us candy.. Like really? how old do you think i am. Don't get me wrong though, i like that we have the weekend off, but that's really it (sadly). Find something else, don't let the bs that managements feeds you get to your head. Grow your roots somewhere else.
Pros
pay
Cons
management, no growth
n/a
MEDICAL RECORDS TECH/MEDICATION REFILL SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 20, 2016
no advancement opportunities
good co-worker relationship
mediocre management
hardest part of job is trying to get certain ways of doing things changed for the better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Omnicare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7