Omnicare Employee Reviews

Found 1,064 reviews matching the search
Can be really stressful.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 20, 2017
There are good days and there are extremely stressful days. Pay is decent if you can handle the stress. Hardest part for me has been high volume of inbound phone calls and having to answer to sales reps who are not always easy to work with. Most enjoyable part of the job has been the people I work with. I have met some great people working here and they are what get you through the bad days.
Ok job
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 18, 2017
This was my very real pharmacy job. They started out really professional and went downhill when new management took over. Favorites were shown and from there it became an intense place to work
Pros
Free hot chocolate
Cons
Pay and management sucked
Lack of leadership
Front End Compliance Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 18, 2017
This companies leadership was very dysfunctional. They do not care about the growth of their employees. There is no standard training or operating procedures. A chaotic work environment creates a very low morale work place.
Pros
Cons
poor leadership
CVS is one the most horrible place to work at.
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  CVSSeptember 17, 2017
CVS is one the most horrible place to work at. There is no humanity.
CVS destroyed any respect pharmacists had. They turning this profession to assembly line kind of job.
The pay is horrible, and they treat us like slaves.
I worked for years under very incompetent managers, none of them a pharmacist.
We need to take our respectful profession back to our own hands.
It is ridiculous that we are paid lower than any other health profession and acting like puppets in hand of bunch of some despicable buisnessmen.
We need to stand up to the way we are treated.
CVS needs to be put out if business.
Pros
Used to have better benefits
Cons
A to Z
Treat you like Slaves
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  KYSeptember 15, 2017
Couldn't warn you enough about working for this reprehensible company!!! Only thing that matters is that the CEO and stockholders get more money. Will fire anyone at any moment. Executive management at CVS has no idea how long term care management works and make decisions for the company that make literally NO SENSE. Your better off flipping burgers at McDonald's. Local management has no incentive to do their job and constantly pushes their work onto technicians. Literally everyone at my location is desperately searching for a different job. You do not want to work for Omnicare!!!
Pros
Literally nothing
Cons
Literally everything
former employee
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 14, 2017
great place to work
great co workers
great management
no cons in working with others
mostly pros working at this company
pay was generous.
all supplies needed to complete work tasks provided by company
Stressful
Manager (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CASeptember 14, 2017
This is OmniCare nursing facilities in Thousand Oaks, CA.
I prefer not to say anything about this company. I will just rate them as zero out of five stars.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCSeptember 14, 2017
Good pay and benefits. Offers multiple ways to advance. The main bad thing about the job is sitting all day. Most jobs are data entry and customer service.
Choose somewhere else
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  OhioSeptember 14, 2017
I worked in the billing department at corporate headquarters. The work is incredibly easy. The supervisor and manager are horrible. The supervisor plays favorites with certain employees even though they've been at the company for the least amount of time and hasn't had as much experience in the systems as people before them. She'll afford her favorites unlimited opportunity for overtime. The supervisor constantly stirs up unnecessary drama and when it reaches the boiling point she'll take off of work for a couple of days. The supervisor would intentionally mess up pay, hours, and other things and won't alert you. You'd have to find out after you receive a paycheck or automated notification. The manager does not care. He'll stand up for her and attribute everything to the fact that she's never been a manager before and still learning. Going to ethics or hr is no better because they protect each other. Nothing has ever come of reporting them. There is also no room for growth here.
Pros
No work on the weekends. Typical 9-5
Cons
Horrible management
Productive overtime at the end of the month nice days
RQ/Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  OhioSeptember 12, 2017
Productive overtime at end of the month nice days business casual employees are nice have different regions for billing and verification for different facilities and DNO.
Being a team player is essential.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDSeptember 12, 2017
I was able to learn various aspects of working in a pharmacy including compounding oral and topical solutions, prepacking medications, and performing returns and credits of medications.
Na
Triage Technician (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 9, 2017
Not the place to work if you have a growing family you will never see them Omnicare is very demanding of your time. I have requested for a different shift the entire time I've been employed and its always the same story on how something will come available but yet never does.
Treats employees like cattle
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Peabody, MASeptember 6, 2017
This is a terrible company to work for after working for 3 years and supposedly getting "seniority" I was moved back to the night shift with no notice or asking from my manager. The pay is not worth the aggravation by a long shot. Managers play favorites and tend to pass the buck when confronted. Everyone hates the company and turnover is very high. The benefits are also not good since they were bought out by cvs
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Just about everything else
My favorite job
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 6, 2017
I loved working here. The fast paced work made the day go by faster. I loved working with my team. I loved the job itself, filling Rx's. Everything would have been great, if only they paid more, and offered promotions. Everyone there is nice and work very hard.
Pros
The job itself, the staff
Cons
low pay, no career advancement
Factory like
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Former Employee) –  Coventry, RISeptember 1, 2017
Filled and prepacked orders although felt that I was not using my knowledge I had learned as pharmacy technician to the best of my ability. Still worked with great people, was just looking for something different.
good place to work
Sr. Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 31, 2017
Omnicare is great but cvs took over the first of the year and they are very corporate minded and I feel like some of the employees are slipping through the cracks
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no room for advancement
no pin pong table. some time need high productivity.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDAugust 31, 2017
we have no any problem with our staff and empoler. over all best management. workplace with best culture. its easy and enjoyable full job.we learned time management and high product and some extra over time.check and label and stock up for another day.
Pros
free chermist time party and gift
Cons
stock and extra beanifit.
Typical Day
Certified Pharmacy Technician/Billing Adjudicator (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLAugust 30, 2017
Usually on the phone with insurance company's or facilities. Can be stressful. I didn't like it due to the shift i was moved to and was never moved back.
Benefits
Cons
Upper Management
OK place to work
Triage Technician (Current Employee) –  Florissant, MOAugust 29, 2017
The place work be better if they hire enough people. The whole building is under-staff. They also need designated trainers and proper hours to train new employees. Like I said, its an okay place to work. Not a lot of inside drama just females being females.
Pros
Pto
Cons
under staff
Less than average place to work
Former member (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 28, 2017
Management is key to a fully functioning pharmacy. While it is getting better, there are still a lot of things that go on that shouldn't. Thus, people get stressed out and overwhelmed very easily in this setting because there's no sense of direction or stability in procedures.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Omnicare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9