Omnicare Employee Reviews

Bad place to work for!
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAMay 11, 2016
Worked there for 2 weeks. Trained me for one week and then through me in the Easton office the next week by myself. The district manager is awful. She wants no change and They work with one computer and schedule 10 therapists, 2 doctors and 1 nurse practitioner out of a black scheduling book. You have no computer to schedule the patients to the Doctors or Therapists. It is a mess. The filing is atrocious. Then you have to call every patient for the Therapists to confirm the appointment and check their insurance every night. They expect you to come in early and stay late to get the job done, but refuse to pay you overtime. They are not nice people to work for. They pay awful. They are not up to date with computers or office equipment its like working in the 1970's.
no breaks, no pay for overtime, will not listen to suggestions.
Cons
no breaks, no pay for overtime, will not listen to suggestions.
Patient Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 20, 2015
If you don't mind traveling from location to location, this place is really a nice place to work, they love to promote from within they are every good about schedules and really good about communication. I just wish there was one in the Indiana side of the bridge.
Pros
easy going people, fun work environment, good pay and benefits
Cons
far from home, training at different locations
poor working evnrionment
Pharmaceutical Technician (Former Employee) –  spokane, washingtonAugust 28, 2015
The only thing that I enjoyed about working here is the people in my immediate area. Management is very poor, they tend to say one thing and then not hold up what they tell you they will do for you. The pay is some of the lowest in this field. They switch schedules without asking the employee. It seems to be very clique oriented and if you are an outlier you will be treated differently.
Pros
no pros to this job
Cons
bad pay, worse benefits and un reliable management
Customer Service Expierence
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 29, 2015
Working in customer service for 4+ years has taught me patience and understanding to others needs. As a pharmacy tech, I have grown in not only typing proficiently, but also caring for the needs of patients not able to take care of themselves. Overall my experience has been a one-of-a kind and I would show much gratitude in continuing my experiences.
Pros
Health Benefits, Pat rate, Overtime available
Cons
Short breaks, Work enviornment
Horrible place to work
Traige Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJune 1, 2016
Omnicare is so money hungry they could care less about employees. They are a multi billion dollar company and cut their worker pay by 4% because they said they couldn't afford to pay them. You are expected to stay until all work is finished even though you work on a team and there is a scheduled late person. Sometimes I would be in there from 7:00am-9:00pm. I have 2 kids and missed out on a majority of their life when I worked there. They have no respect for employees. I was actually told one time that I could go ahead and quit because they could get any monkey to do my job.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Great Job!
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 4, 2016
I still work for Omnicare in the Salt Lake Pharmacy which also hold the billing office upstairs. I work in the billing department which is a great job. The managers know what they are doing and are always willing to acomadate you if you need to leave for an emergency, time off for an appointment or just want to take a little bit longer lunch to have it with your child. We have potlucks at the pharmacy, and try to make it a very enjoyable experience for everyone. It can be very stressful at times though when the bills get to the facilities or patients and everyone calls in at once to complain. And of course lots of people like call in on Fridays which is very frustrating.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Not enough pay
Productive & growing company
Revenue Qualifying Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 6, 2016
Daily emails, reports, research & billing of accounts. I learned a great deal on protecting patient information and laws which pertain to such information. Teamwork was important in completing daily/monthly tasks. I enjoyed training co-workers within my department on processes and procedures. Sharing my knowledge of my position was the most rewarding part of my job. Management encouraged me to become a team lead within my department, which helped me grow as an employee and individual.
Unprofessional management, no structured training
Intake Technician (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOFebruary 16, 2016
I was an intake technician and worked for about 6 months and I am very happy I'm no longer with this company!!! My manager was so unprofessional and showed too much favoritism. Constantly on her phone having personal, inappropriate conversations. Her boss had no clue about our side of the department and was no help when my manager was absent. And not to mention my 6 months of being there I was never fully trained on my job but was told to help a new hire about 3 months in. You're basically a warm body, they could care less if you actually do your job correctly, this place is a circus!! Go to as many interviews as you can before you accept a job offer from them!!!
Pros
Pay is decent, some coworkers were great
Cons
Short breaks, unprofessional management, no job training
horrible irresponsible company
Pricing Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 23, 2016
they hired 30 people for 8 weeks but most people got let go after 1 or 2 weeks because they ran out of money!!!
they have a lot of Law Suites against them after merger with CVS - very shady deals - negative revenue and treat contractors like sh**t...

for 2 weeks we did not get any traning on any indicators that our project was real...very irresponsible and unethical company!!!

take your chances if your wanted to be treated like CR*P.
Pros
no pros
Cons
horrible people - irresponsible company
Do not apply here
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 16, 2016
This job sucks. The facility is filthy, dusty, nasty...they clean nothing. The management are a joke. The day one especially, full of mess playing favorites. Lack of training and support makes all the people go out the door. And some other things...healthcare unaffordable, incentives are non-existent. And oh yeah no support from upper staff when you need it. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this company!!
Pros
NONE
Cons
EVERYTHING....NO TRAINING..LIES...LACK OF GOOD PAY...DIRTY WORKPLACE
Fast paced work enviroment
Lead Tech/Automated Dispensing Tech (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 19, 2015
This company has given me, experience and skills. A pleasure to work for this company. Wonderful benefits, insurance is great. Work environment is fast, employees are very helpful.
terrible experience
Order Entry / Call Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDApril 21, 2016
this company cares nothing for its employees, management is extremely disorganized and believes treating their employees like they are in a sweat shop will produce quickier results, They will watch how many times you use the bathroom, talk to your neighbor, get coffee from the breakroom and snack at your desk to increase productivity, no matter if you're sick, your mother is dying or your child is in need of help they will make you stay at work, your shift will be changed without your knowledge to day, evening or night shift whatever is needed. the office is always understaffed because they treat their employees so bad no one is willing to suffer for the pay they offer an hour. Anything you need to handle must be handled during your break even if your car has been broken into in their parking lot. If you have a choice in the matter please do not work here.
Cons
dictatorship styled management
Worst job I ever had
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJune 18, 2016
I went to work at Omnicare with a full understanding that I would be a staff pharmacist only.
Yet, when the manager and other staff pharmacist quit within a month of each other, I became the "interim manager". What that resulted in was 20 months of managing, without the title or additional pay.
I felt that we were dangerously understaffed and requested a single additional pharmacist shift. I was denied.
Yet, upon my firing, I was replaced with 2 pharmacists and the daily management duties (reports, schedules, etc) were re-assigned to a technician. Clearly, it had always been an impossible job for me to accomplish by myself. The previous 3 managers had quit, for the same reason.
Being on call was a nightmare. For a full year, two of us covered alternate weeks. We were on call 24/7 for the full week. Typically, we had to go in 3-4 nights per week.
Not including the on call duties, we routinely worked far more than 40 hours. I personally averaged close to 50 hours per week, occasionally 60 hours, for 40 hours' pay.
In 40 years of being a pharmacist, it was my worst job ever.
Pros
My local coworkers
Cons
Long hours, low pay, low morale, extreme pressure.
omnicare
Pharmacy Technician (Externship) (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 1, 2015
It was good, I like long term care pharmacy. The pay is very bad and too much work. I would like to work in a similar pharmacy but I would want better benefits.
Surprised this company is still kicking
Triage Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDAugust 9, 2016
Triage phone calls as a pharmacy technician, data entry, and that's pretty much it. Casual dress code, so jeans and boots are fine. But casual mind set too. The people there are like they dress, not professional. You couldn't say anything negative about the management, the walls have eyes and ears regularly and the management is very petty. I wouldn't work here, be warned. Beware of dog sign at the door.
Pros
Cons
all the above
Horrible place to work
Triage/order entry technician (Current Employee) –  MichiganJune 6, 2016
Poorly managed, extremely long hours you never know when you will be able to go home and company could care less. Very rude and unfriendly coworkers. Absolutely no work/life balance. Training is terrible as person who trains has no time to so. Work environment is bad and extremely unclean with no ventilation. The management is never satisfied with your quality work no matter what.
Pros
The only pros are when you have days off and away from this place
Cons
extermely long hours, rude coworkers, poor management
Work Place
Overnight Pharmacy technician/ALV operator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Center,MinnesotaOctober 14, 2015
Great work environment, Great people. I love the job security.
cons- bad management, compensation not the greatest, poor communication
Very productive, clean, air conditioned, friendly atmosphere
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 3, 2015
Typical day is preparing customer orders for the employees to process. Employee payroll. Pull weekly production statistics for the employees (weekly reviews). Monitor production floor. Train new hires. Conduct Coachings/ Audits for the low performing employees. I LOVE MY JOB. BEEN HERE FOR LITTLE OVER 16 YEARS. NICE CLEAN ATMOSPHERE. WORK BEHIND THE SCENES. NOT WITH THE GENERAL PUBLIC. 1ST SHIFT, MONDAY THRU FRIDAY.
Pros
1ST SHIFT JOB, MONDAY - FRIDAY, SOME WEEKENDS. WAREHOUSE MANAGER.
Cons
NEED MORE COMPENSATION
Good staff members
Certified Controlled Substance Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 4, 2015
They are very overtime friendly, but they do not fairly compensate. They work with you to make sure you are comfortable with your schedule, and they have a excellent trainer.
Pros
Overtime friendly
Cons
Bad raises
ACS/ Advanced care scripts is a Typical Corporate America wage slave company
Biogen Reimbursement (Former Employee) –  Orlando FlAugust 11, 2015
Company seems to have a generally good agenda.
Not ACS. Advanced care scripts is run by the worst people imaginable.
They are all friends, have closed door meetings, and simply don't care about their employees.
They have HR wrapped in their web. No support.
You will be lied to, treated as trash, and when they are done with you, they will let you go.
Cons
Management, Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Omnicare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7