Omnicare Employee Reviews

ok- fair at best
Dispensing Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 30, 2017
Technicians in charge..pharmacists are not empowered, computer is archaic and patched. Customer approval questionable.
would like to consistency and efficiency.
Pros
not retail
Cons
computer system
People are good to work with. Benifits are good
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAJanuary 30, 2017
Working here was really nice place to work. Communication was not always there. The people were great to work with. Some management was nice others not so nice.
Pros
People are nice, free coffee
Cons
Not much communication
Good place to start out
CBC Sr. Revenue Qualifying Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 28, 2017
This company has been good to me over that past 6 years!

This is a 24/365 business, so no matter what type of hours you need for your family life, they can usually accommodate.

In my opinion, there isn't a lot of room for advancing UP; however there is always something new to learn.
Adjudication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI 53221January 28, 2017
My typical day was very busy. Management was ok but was rarely available in my department.The manager was not willing to work with peoples schedules when it was promised
Pros
Worked at own pace
Cons
Expections for daily calim totals were unrealistic
Company does miracles for patients, but not for employees
Reserve Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 25, 2017
Was part of one of the biggest training classes at this company, unfortunately got almost zero training on the computer because there weren't enough to go around. I got on the floor and there was almost zero support. Only 2 people to help over 50 new hires. My supervisor was a power tripping meanie. I only processed 3 applications before being expected to fly solo. Supervisor told me she was too busy to help, tried to find one of the trainers and they were already training another class. They also switched payroll companies and didn't give people the login credentials so they could clock in and out.
Pros
Free bagels on Thursdays, really nice trainers, great training program
Cons
people in power that shouldn't be, not enough support on the floor, no one to ask questions to when you're stuck
workplace culture
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wadsworth, OHJanuary 25, 2017
At the time I worked there, I can honestly say it was not a place that I would recommend to friends or family. The pay was not up to standards-employee shortages created more work for others, and constant complaints that the company as a whole is not cohesive, or reliable.
Cold building with no unsupportive managers.
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 25, 2017
I didn't last 6 months! The worst job I have ever had. Cold (had to wear gloves in the summer) no support from management & verbally abusive patients.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement if wanted
Cons
Shortbreaks; cold
Initial shift.
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJanuary 23, 2017
When you train at OmniCare, you work 8-4:30. After training, no matter what your situation, you have to work the 1:30- midnight shift.
That is a definite downfall!!!
Pros
Job, people
Cons
Shifts
Great Company to work for
Sr Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 23, 2017
Great work life balance company to work for.
Typical day at work would always be customer service (internal customers). Answering emails, solving problems with benefits coverage. Entering 401K loans, and contributions.
Different times of the year, depends on what your are working on, whether it is open enrollment, wellness, 401K enrollment, etc.

Huge variety of different jobs with in this position.
Ha!
Customer Service/Billing (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 18, 2017
Run you like dogs. Big suits come in and close down your office and walk out like it's nothing. No help with work. They walk all over you and kick you when your down
Pros
nothing
Cons
every thing possible.
what i learned
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Belleville, NJJanuary 16, 2017
• Medical billing and coding (ICD-9/10 & CPT Coding )
• Appointment scheduling
• Patient file management
• Data Entry – 40 WPM
• Insurance verification and follow up
It was a fantastic workplace with great people
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJanuary 16, 2017
It was a fantastic work experience fillies with many great heath benefits. And the work hoyrse were very flexible. Packing pills and filling prescriptions were our main focus as well as great customer service and satisfaction. The days went very smoothly and the pay was great!
Pros
Free lunches on occasions
I enjoyed helping others with problem solving.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTJanuary 15, 2017
It was a great place to work and had flexible ours because I commuted from another town. As a Customer Service I covered the switchboard as well as facility tours.
Pros
Company promoted within the facility.
Cons
Training was not adequate when applying for a new position.
good place
Iv Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDJanuary 12, 2017
cvs company now has been many changes over the past eight years i have worked here for the most part very pleasant, would recommned to beginnners
sweat shop
Cash Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJanuary 6, 2017
for as old as the women were they were very high school mean girl petty. There were 5 leads to 3 employees and they were not an approachable group.
Pros
non
Cons
everything high school management culture 5 leads to 3 staff
Working at Omnicare
CBC Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 28, 2016
Working at Omnicare is a whole new experience for me. My day consists of searching for Insurance or a Med D plan for people who have no insurance on file and checking to see if people who applied for Medicaid were approved.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
Point System
Productive Small Company
Picking certified pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 22, 2016
Productive Small Company with Fun Workplace.
Good Management.
Friendly Co-workers.
Good Workplace witk Good team work spirit.
Pros
Free Lunches from partners
Cons
Short Breaks
Productivity
Revenue Agent (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 15, 2016
I enjoyed working for Omnicare because you are constantly working. There is never any down time and your work is always being reviewed for productivity. The hardest part of the job is that we have to complete billing daily and if my team was slacking I was the one chosen to carry the load. The positive side to it is, my supervisor always knew who was being productive and who was not. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to listen to music which made the day go by faster. A typical day at work includes data entry, data entry and more data entry and I love to type. I also enjoyed interacting with various insurance companies to resolve billing discrepancies.
Pros
Always busy
Cons
I always work harder than my employees but we receive the same pay!
Horrible! Do not work there !
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MADecember 14, 2016
They promise you the world but give you nothing!. Two dats of training is the normal and there is a revolving door in the front, they can not keep help. The management is not supportive and have a sink or swim or mentallity.
Pros
IT WAS A JOB AT LEAST
Cons
EVERYTHING! :(
A great company
Manager, Safety Surveillance (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PADecember 14, 2016
Omnicare Clinical Research is no longer in business. They were purchased by Chiltern. I had a wonderful experience at Omnicare, the staff was one of the best parts of my job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Omnicare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9