Omnicare Employee Reviews in United States

Ok place to work..
Field Service Representative, Med B Division (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJanuary 5, 2016
Good location. Nice small company. I would work here again. Great benefits and compensation. A lot of room to grow and relocate if you want that option.
Great positive environment with high energy
Medicaln Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  N Canton, OHJanuary 5, 2016
I went to work and everyone had a nice welcoming smile on their faces and I got to my desk and had nice big secluded place to do my work and also interacted with the patients and learned new things everyday.
Pros
always had drawings and win things like baseball tickets and gift cards give away
Cons
Needed full time and pay wasnt very much for the degree I earned.
Highly bureaucratized, ineffective not friendly to employees.
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 4, 2016
Disgusting pharmacy culture, pharmacy technicians and other nonprofessionals direct pharmacists what to do. Excessive amount of managers and other unproductive bureaucrats. Organisation structure remind me former Soviet Union before break down.
Product work
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Random Lake, WIDecember 28, 2015
placing product on the line to be packaged, making sure the area was clean. disposing of any bad, or dented cans. Co-workers could be slow and not helpful at times. The management would listen to most suggestions.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
short breaks
order entry tech
data entry tech (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 27, 2015
Co workers are great. Pay sucks. Hours and rotating shifts suck. Omnicare doesnt care about its employees. No pay raises. No bonuses, not even a Christmas acknowledgment. They only care about the numbers. Its a paycheck. ..not a big one...but if you are desperate for work then apply here. Training sucks, every body in my department was trained differently. High turnover rate because the company sucks. No reimbursement for CE or license renewal.
Pros
every now and then you get free lunch
Cons
rotating shifts, bad training, low pay for techs
Average company
Private Pay Researcher (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 23, 2015
This is a typical company that struggles in treating their employees fairly. The pay is adequate for the line of work. Recently bought out by CVS, unsure of what changes will be made.
Good place to work with good co-workers and good management
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 17, 2015
I enjoyed by 11 years with Omnicare as a Pharmacist Manager. I had good relations with all my workers and had a wonderful supervisor, who was always willing to help with any questions I had.
people were nice
Third party billing (Former Employee) –  Eastlake, OHDecember 16, 2015
I enjoyed working at omincare but it was only a temp job I would of like to stay there I was made a team lead in the short amount of time I was there
Pros
nice and i loved the work
Cons
temp job
Benefit Investigation
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 15, 2015
• Responsible for the Biogen account handling benefits investigations and prior authorizations
• Receive referrals from the case managers, and deal with copay assistance
• Completed documentation including Prior Authorization, ICD Coding 9 & 10
• Collected additional documentation including; clinical notes, lab results, step therapy
• Responsible for running test and live claims and referrals
Pros
Patient centered focus
Cons
Structure
Long-term Care Pharmacy was very different from retail pharmacy.
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 14, 2015
Working at a long-term care pharmacy was totally different than working at a retail pharmacy. Meaning, the laws, rules, and guidelines are a lot different. The most enjoyable part of my day was knowing I made a patient happy by getting their medications paid for and shipped out within a timely fashion.
Pros
Customer Service, Healthcare, and learned about prescription drug insurance.
Cons
The mandatory overtime when I worked in data entry.
Inovative, fun, family oriented
Pharmacy pick technician (Current Employee) –  Golden, CODecember 11, 2015
As a pick tech you both pull and fill prescriptions in a fast paced environment. They are very good at cross training and teaching all the various systems they have so as to make you an even more prepared if ever they need help.
benefits
Cons
have not seen any
preparing prescriptions, LLC
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 9, 2015
I really liked my job and management. My coworker was very helpful and friendly. I learned how to be fast for preparing prescription.
omnicare
Pharmacy Technician (Externship) (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 1, 2015
It was good, I like long term care pharmacy. The pay is very bad and too much work. I would like to work in a similar pharmacy but I would want better benefits.
Very good coworkers
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 27, 2015
The group I worked in was very knowledgeable. The company management was very weak. Over 250 people got laid off when the company was sold.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
entire team laid off when company was sold.
Fast paced work enviroment
Lead Tech/Automated Dispensing Tech (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 19, 2015
This company has given me, experience and skills. A pleasure to work for this company. Wonderful benefits, insurance is great. Work environment is fast, employees are very helpful.
I enjoyed just being there with some really nice people. We all were there to help one another for the most part. It was nice to be part of a team.
Stageing Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 18, 2015
This job was a big change from being a workers comp examine. I lost my job in the recession because with everybody being unemployed we became unemployed as well. I decided to stay busy on a plan B so I went to pharmacy technician school because there seemed to be a lot of work in Tampa for that type a job. Even though the money was minimal, the work was far less stressful than my previous career. Omnicare was a good place to work. You didn't have to worry about making a $200,000 mistake. The work was done at the end of the day.
Pros
Less stress, dress code, Nice people.
Cons
Nepotism there were many young people who did not appreciate even having a job, and did not have any respect for the company with their behavior.
Great place to work to feel like you really count as an employee
Lead Certified Pharmacy Technician/Tech Trainer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 17, 2015
Working in the IV department was beneficially to my career as a pharmacy tech. My director took the time to explain things I didn't know and teach me on the subjects.
Pros
Could work at your own pace and independenlty
Cons
Low paying
A very quite place to work
Returns Clerk (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IANovember 16, 2015
I was able to learn a lot on how closed pharmacy's work. All of the aspects of how many people it took to make this pharmacy worked.
n/a
Intake Technician (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTNovember 15, 2015
Omnicare provided good work experience in different aspects of healthcare administration and billing. The supervisors are kind and helpful, and it is good for someone trying to break into the healthcare industry and desiring pharmacy knowledge and experience.
Pros
Knowledge of healthcare administration
Cons
second shift, salary, no upward mobility
Omnicare was a good company to work for I learned a lot
Controlled Medications Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  Wadsworth, OHNovember 12, 2015
When I worked at Omnicare I did enjoy working with everyone and learning a lot of new things when it came to helping the patient I know that we never talked to the patient directly however when I would listen in on a call and the nurse would explain to the pharmacist what the issues were with the patient then the pharmacist would consult with the doctor to see if their would be any other means of treatment. I also learned a lot when it came to controlled medication with what is proper and improper on ordering, prescribing, etc. I think it was a good experience for me
Pros
The staff, Work enviornment, Other people willing to help you
Cons
Nothing that I can think of