Omnicare Employee Reviews in United States

Overall Job Enjoyed My Position
Patient Assistance Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 2, 2015
Management has no idea how to run the team.. With expectations overboard to what each individual, is capable of doing in an 8 hour work day.
Pros
Helping patients get medication they need to have a good quality of life!
Cons
Working for Amgen Team
Interesting work; excellent co-workers
Systems Analyst/Database Designer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 7, 2015
Very proud of work accomplished with fine dedicated individuals who worked very hard to save the firm millions of dollars annually while providing a needed service to the community.
Improved my programming skills exponentially, especially data base and subfile design.
The only negative was in the top management; it was never worthy of the talented employees who worked there and did little to inspire them.
Disrespectful to employees, only care about numbers, not patients not customers
Pharmacist in Charge (Former Employee) –  AshlandSeptember 4, 2015
Horrible place to work, every location is the same. No training, perks are not what you think.
Company will tell you whatever they want; Omnicare does not care for patients.
It's all.about numbers, the bottom line and the CEO, CFO.
No management skills whatsoever.
Omnicare needs to be shut down and taken over by CVS, perhaps their business strategy will improve the culture.
Pros
Cons
lack of patient care, lack of employee interest, worse place I have worked
Large corporate
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 13, 2016
Tend to get lost in the large amout of employees and overlooked as well as the customer service for clients. Pay is low for the amout of time and hard work an employee puts in.
Picking Technician (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 30, 2016
A great place to work, great environment, great coworkers! They are flexible. There is always work to be done and a variety of things to do!
Productive work place
pharmacy technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 10, 2016
Understanding the necessity of how vital it is to get the patients script correct by paying attention to critical detail and shipped out on time.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Hours
Ok place to work..
Field Service Representative, Med B Division (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJanuary 5, 2016
Good location. Nice small company. I would work here again. Great benefits and compensation. A lot of room to grow and relocate if you want that option.
poor working evnrionment
Pharmaceutical Technician (Former Employee) –  spokane, washingtonAugust 28, 2015
The only thing that I enjoyed about working here is the people in my immediate area. Management is very poor, they tend to say one thing and then not hold up what they tell you they will do for you. The pay is some of the lowest in this field. They switch schedules without asking the employee. It seems to be very clique oriented and if you are an outlier you will be treated differently.
Pros
no pros to this job
Cons
bad pay, worse benefits and un reliable management
Average company
Private Pay Researcher (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 23, 2015
This is a typical company that struggles in treating their employees fairly. The pay is adequate for the line of work. Recently bought out by CVS, unsure of what changes will be made.
Omnicare is a great company! Fun culture and benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 19, 2016
Omnicare is a great company! Fun culture and benefits. I had a wonderful experience and could not say anything negative.

Want to know more about Omnicare?

Ask a question
Very good coworkers
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 27, 2015
The group I worked in was very knowledgeable. The company management was very weak. Over 250 people got laid off when the company was sold.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
entire team laid off when company was sold.
Loved It Until This Year
she is always willing to assist in any manner (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati OHSeptember 22, 2015
Since we were purchased by CVS in May of 2015, the atmosphere has drastically changed for the worst. Everyone is in a constant state of fear that our jobs could be eliminated tomorrow. Some of us have even been told that we know we will not have jobs after the beginning of 2016.
fun place to work
Staff Pharmacist Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLFebruary 1, 2016
fun place to work, nice co-workers, clinical pharmacy environment
management nice and courteous, customers nice to work with
A great place to work
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHAugust 16, 2015
I enjoyed working at Omnicare Health Network. I learned so much about the importance of having the concise, clear documentation. This job was challenging, as I was interacting with facilities and physicians in which I was required to obtain missing documentation for billing purposes. I was provided with skills to be able to interact with a variety of nursing home/physician practice personnel to obtain information needed in a professional and timely manner. The supervisors were very helpful and engaging. My co-workers were very informative and passed on valuable tips whenever I hit a roadblock. I am glad to have had the experience of working for Omnicare Health Network.
Fast paced work enviroment
Lead Tech/Automated Dispensing Tech (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 19, 2015
This company has given me, experience and skills. A pleasure to work for this company. Wonderful benefits, insurance is great. Work environment is fast, employees are very helpful.
people were nice
Third party billing (Former Employee) –  Eastlake, OHDecember 16, 2015
I enjoyed working at omincare but it was only a temp job I would of like to stay there I was made a team lead in the short amount of time I was there
Pros
nice and i loved the work
Cons
temp job
Calm , Nice Educational Place to work
Patient Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 30, 2015
A typical day at work was nice. I enjoyed being able to work independently and talk to patients in a rush free way. I learned more about mail-order pharmacy, copay assistance providers and processing prior authorizations.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
short breaks
Fast paced, high demands, stressful
Pharmacy Technician, Order entry (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLAugust 25, 2015
Loved my actual job. Got tired of the shift, high volume work load with additional/new responsibilities from a different department thrown into the mix without being fully trained in the new area added to the stress and confusion. Schedule could have been done better for coverage during busier days. Certain rules not being inforced so too much playing on cell phones was frustrating during extremely busy times and/or talking for long periods of time (while on the clock) distracting everyone else trying to work. Then management not understanding why we complain or become frustrated and then being considered whiners and/or negative did not set well with me.
Pros
pay was decent with overnight shift differential
Cons
large work-flow, under-scheduled at peak times, low moral, favortism
Fast paced environment with high employee turnover
Triage (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 11, 2015
I learned a great many things about the world of long term care. I worked in every area of the pharmacy and its processes. I would always make myself available to all areas of the business to gain as much information as possible. I would volunteer on a daily basis to help where the greatest need was. There was always a large turnover of employees due to lack of communication and training. I enjoyed being cross trained and having the ability to help where ever I was needed. I enjoyed meeting new people and interacting with different areas of the pharmacy and getting to know the bigger picture.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Poor Management and lack of communication and training for new employees
ACS/ Advanced care scripts is a Typical Corporate America wage slave company
Biogen Reimbursement (Former Employee) –  Orlando FlAugust 11, 2015
Company seems to have a generally good agenda.
Not ACS. Advanced care scripts is run by the worst people imaginable.
They are all friends, have closed door meetings, and simply don't care about their employees.
They have HR wrapped in their web. No support.
You will be lied to, treated as trash, and when they are done with you, they will let you go.
Cons
Management, Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Omnicare. Our community is ready to answer.