How would you like to spend your day working with some of the biggest companies in the sports, media and entertainment space? If you are smart, have a love of sports and entertainment and have a ‘can do’ attitude, we may have a spot for you.
The role of Omnigon Business Analyst ("BA") is to gather business requirements, create functional specifications, user scenarios, and process flow diagrams for software applications and web-based systems. The Omnigon BA must understand the nature of our client’s business and have the soft skills to draw business objectives out of the client so they can then transcribe them as written requirements. Omnigon BA's have strong interpersonal communications skills, strong writing skills and a consultative nature. They're also expected to develop training documents to support new and enhanced sites or systems.
At Omnigon Communications we think about generating new business differently than most agencies and software shops. We are consultants, which means the job of the BA is to be a good listener, a problem solver, and someone who can support long-term relationships.
Omnigon attracts employees who want to combine their knowledge of interactive technologies with their passion for sports and entertainment to create awesome experiences. Our culture is "work hard / play hard" (Just ask about our Thursday office Happy Hours!!). It's a relaxed office environment but we all have an insane desire to produce wins - for Omnigon as a team and for our clients.
We're looking for new staff members that are smart, well spoken and who understand the importance of a first impression. You must have 5-7 years of experience in a business analyst's (in digital/interactive) role – You must be a self-starter, energetic and typically very happy – happy people are successful. If you happen to be a sports fanatic, this could be your "dream job"!!
If you think you've got what it takes, (or know someone who does), we'd love to hear from you.
1. Analyze and gather business requirements and create functional specifications, user scenarios, and process flow diagrams.
2. Apply in-depth understanding of software development lifecycle to enhance communication between technical and non-technical teams and to ensure technology solutions fulfill the client’s business needs.
3. Identify and define business needs, functional requirements, specifications, solution gaps and resolutions utilizing object-oriented design and case modeling.
4. Lead test planning and evaluate performance of business solutions, identify improvements, and refine targets for future releases.
5. Perform business analysis of applications and products, and gather and document requirements for product development and testing.
6. Lead and participate in internal work sessions and stakeholder interviews.
7. Develop training documents to support new and enhanced sites or systems.