Omniplex World Services Corporation Employee Reviews

Security is security
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 12, 2016
I have worked for multiple security agencies over the last decade and I can say that Omniplex treats their people the best. That does not mean they do everything right, but in comparison you would rather work for them than anyone else in the DC metro area.
Pros
Company pays for all training, advancement, overtime, good pay, solid leadership structure.
Cons
Good pay, not great. Contracts dont last long so staying with the company might need movement.
My working relationship with employees was very positive.
Background Investigator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 1, 2016
The caseloads varied and deadlines had to met unless vital information was missing. Most employees were available to discuss scope of investigation or when unique matters surfaced out in the field. No issues or problems arose during my employment there.
Pros
Easy assignments
Cons
Analysts sometimes dictated the thoroughness of formal reports.
Job security, clearly defined expectations
Investigator (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 4, 2016
This company is different from others in the industry. I have worked for a few of them and this one stands apart from the rest with how they treat their employees, how they work with their employees during stressful times and how they expect work to be done. Other companies stress production at all costs as they were only concerned with getting paid. This company seems to be concerned with quality first. They want to be/remain the standard in the industry. Nothing but good things to say.
Pros
Work environment/benefits/leadership/company direction
Cons
No coworkers/no socializing/use own car
great
Unarmed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 26, 2016
• Guards, patrols, and polices premises to protect property and personnel against terrorism, theft, vandalism, illegal entry, and other hazards.
• Daily use of camera systems, security barricade, access control systems (MDI), visitor management system (Passage Point), CCTV, and radios.
• Daily interaction with the public while safeguarding the facility
Pros
long breaks
Cons
lunch breaks
Insightfull
Access Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAOctober 4, 2016
Ensuring security of a secure facility by watching and learning security procedures for classified facilities. Management is strong depending on which one is working. Coworkers have good work ethics. The most enjoyable part of work would have to be the fact that i am working in a facility that i would like to work for permanently instead of as a contractor.
Investigator (Current Employee) –  MidwestNovember 4, 2016
I have been an employee of Omniplex for almost 2 years. Overall, I enjoy my job and find the work I do to be meaningful and fulfilling. I truly do believe that the company puts the mission of national security at the forefront.
I don't agree with 100% of what the company does or says (but what employee would?), but, I have found them to be extremely fair and reasonable. The job offers flexibility, and I do have a good work and home life balance. I strive to have a productive 40 hour work week, but, am able to relax and enjoy myself when I am not working. My supervisor allows me the freedom to work independently, which I respect and appreciate. My supervisor is responsive to questions and concerns.
I have been pleased with the benefits package overall. I would recommend Omniplex as a place to work to my friends and family. I also appreciate the opportunities that they have provided to me.
Pros
Flexibility, Commitment to National Security
Cons
A lot of driving, work spread apart
Specialist
Access Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  UtahNovember 1, 2016
Great work environment, good pay, flexible work schedule, holiday off, Learned a lot, no hard part to job. Great co-workers and management,
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Pay
worst management I've ever worked with.
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 21, 2016
This is the first company I've ever had actually lie to me. The hiring process was terrible and nearly ruined my life, they purposely over hired people and string them along for months just to cut their hours until th ey quit. They don't care for their employees at all and treat everyone like human garbage. I've seen them lie and cheat to get rid of officers they don't like. Don't work for this company!!! Everyone that's still here is actively looking for another job.
Pros
Cons
Healthcare costs way to much, management is terrible, impossible to get in contact with anyone in the company, no one to voice issues with.
Horrible experience, no different then rest.
Field Investigator (Current Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 29, 2016
The investigative division of this company is a joke, that's not humorous! Company was sold almost 4 years ago to a private equity firm and has become a laughing stock in the industry. TNow all about the money. They do work for certain customers, and are behind in every contract to the point of having customers award work to non contracted companies because Omni can't perform as required. Openly comment on turning down OPM work because they can' t perform with what they have now. Months behind in everything, and as result the field staff is under great pressure to hit totally unrealistic metrics, or be pushed by management. Constant demands for more work that includes spending hours in your car to get work done when contractors get all the cream leads centralized in one area. Can't make your metrics due to this and they do not want to hear excuses. Have only 160 or so employees and rely on contractors that are mostly retirees and work very little, backwards staffing. Underbid everything just to get the contracts and when awarded, can't handle the work. Try to instill a team spirit, when everyone works alone and no contact with others. Total Joke. Obviously they did not learn what happened to USIS a few years ago. Most are looking for other careers.
Pros
Flexible schedules, work from home.
Cons
Just about everything else.
Good Starting Point
Access Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VANovember 13, 2015
Great company to begin with to get you into the security world on the government side. I have never enjoyed my co-workers at any other company than I have at this one. I cannot say enough about how much I enjoy all of the people I have met and had the privilege to work with.
Pros
Receive Top Secret
Cons
Scheduling
Excellent Company to work for!
Deputy Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDApril 13, 2015
I will keep this short and "sweet." Omniplex is a great company to work for. I've enjoyed my time with the company, (2.5 years) and would never advise anyone not to join.

Since retiring from the federal government and join Omniplex, I have gained valuable business knowledge and worked with fantastic people.

The company leaders are fair, honest and to the point...

...Something I didn't expect when I first joined.

All in all, a rewarding experience thus far.
Pros
enjoyable work force
Cons
current contract restrictions
Great company to grow and build your career around.
Finance Analyst - Contractor (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJune 30, 2014
OmniPlex is an up and coming company I had the pleasure of working for. Unfortunately I was only there as a contractor and while my boss wanted to bring me on board, there simply couldn't at this time. I would love to get back in and continue/finish my career there. The leadership is second to none, and since I handle their finances, I saw where this company was heading, and its bright.
The best CONUS position I ever had.
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  NHApril 25, 2014
I worked for omniplex a little over three years, it the best Conus position I ever had. I'd still be there today if the lure of KBR in Iraq wasn't so inticing back in 2006.

Great folks to work with, both coworkers and management got along. Very little complaining going on, company took care of its employees very well and the life to work balance was great.

Daily training, weapons qual outside in the snow was probably the only negative and it still wasn't bad. I can understand the negative feedback, being in Virginia and around "that" atmosphere I can imagine it being very different.

But it was a Diamond in the rough. I'd love to go back, I'd work for them again and stick around for about 20 years.
Pros
Everything, being serious here!!!
Cons
Weapons qual in the snow, still not that bad...
Not worth the compensation
Armed Access Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 15, 2013
Just a place to get you security clearance and move on. You primarily work outdoors until you get ';cleared to go inside" it will take longer than necessary to get you clearance. Multiple managers that run over top one another with orders and directives that seem made up. Not worth the time or pay they are giving you will work a 12 hour day and be exhausted when you get home.
One of the best places I ever worked
Protective Security Officer (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJune 11, 2015
Great place to work, Overtime is abundant, schedules are flexible and pay and benefits are great. Military freindly and very flexible with reserve and guard duties.
Pros
Great environment, pay and overtime.
Cons
vacation time is difficult to get.
Poor management, no Work/Like Balance
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 5, 2014
Yesterday our project manager told us that "if you don't like it, then Quit". He said this in response to the growing agitation at our schedules being changed on a day to day basis working 12 hour shifts with a quick turn around, and never having a schedule up two weeks out. If you want leave or in my friends case a day off to move into a new apartment you have to swap days with someone or you will not get off.

Typical work day is sitting around doing nothing but one or two assigned tasks, this is a job for the older generation about to retire or are looking for a good supplemental income.
Pros
Great pay the best for security gaurds on the east coast, Security Clearance, DCJS private security Armed license
Cons
Healthcare to expense, no advanced Schedule, Favortism, no weekends off unless you know someone
People are friendly, can be boring at times
Armed Access Control Officer (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VANovember 17, 2014
The job is relatively easy, can be very boring at times. Management is good but can do better. My coworkers are friendly and are good to be around especially when theres nothing to do. The hardest part of the job is staying awake and trying to keep your mind active.
Pros
good pay
Cons
healthcare too expensive, schedules
Supervisors play favorites and allow coworkers to badmouth others
Investigative Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 30, 2014
Managers protected and allowed workers to be bullied and ridiculed publicly. Managers played favorites. Work life balance good, and had perks, the pay was acceptable, the job security was "zero."

Enjoyable parts: getting commendations and the annual holiday party.

Training was also non-existent.
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAOctober 19, 2015
Come into work great atmosphere. The applicants I recruit are well rounded and experience. Coworkers are knowledgeable about their task and duties.
Restroom breaks needed to be quick /when calling for one
Omniplex Corporation (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJune 2, 2015
Walk the floors after hours making sure nothing is suspicious in the work place; also make exterior patrol of the building.
Pros
OVERTIME WAS REAL GOOD
Cons
SOMETIMES REAL STRICT ON CALL-OFF

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Omniplex World Services Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Omniplex World Services Corporation Reviews by Location