Omniplex World Services Employee Reviews

Good company to work for if you are retired
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VADecember 9, 2017
This job at Omniplex is federal contract security work. The pay s good bu the insurance is expensive. Its great if you're retired military or law enforcement and can opt out of their insurance. The job itself is very low key and relaxed but professional. The workload is light. Overall a good company to work for.
Often times challenging place to work
SECURITY PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 17, 2017
Challenging work environment, culture differences, a few employees never accepted full responsibility for their actions even though they had full knowledge of there standing CBA.
I learned that everyone deserves a second chance to be successful in the work environment.
At times the hardest part of the job was attempting to convince employees to come to work in order to be paid. The most rewarding part of this job was the realazation that a few employees finally got it and owned their mistakes and corrected their behavior.
ACS at Ft Meade
Access Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDOctober 11, 2017
This is a position that would be more suited to an individual just entering into the paid work force or as a part time job. Dealing with the clients can be challenging at times, but the work really isn't that hard. There is a high turnover rate at this position due to other companies paying much more and offering better benefits at this location.
Night Shift Security Guard
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 9, 2017
Roam a building or area and check for any security violations. Needed to take 3 walking tours per shift. This was a pretty good company but I understand it is no longer in business.
Pros
A lot of walking.
Cons
Night-shift
Mistakes are not Tolerated
Unarmed/NSA Cleared/Security Guard Site Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 4, 2017
My opinion is this company does not tolerate mistakes. Mid management on up are to often on the side of the client. As such, one can loose their job behind one mistake.
Pros
Going home from work
Cons
Extremely strict, stressful and cold environment
Tough place to work
Access Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDApril 27, 2017
Decent place to work but your hours may vary and the supervisors have an extremely high turnover rate. Along with the supervisors, the employees have a high turnover rate too.
Pros
schedule
Cons
money, hours
OK job as an Armed Security Officer
Security Protective Officer (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAApril 25, 2017
Getting a job as an armed protective officer is the easiest way to get your clearance and open more doors for you in the IC community. I'd say no more than 3 yrs in this job and you'll be creaming to get out.
Overall not bad
Associate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAApril 20, 2017
The enjoyable part: The workload kept you busy I enjoyed the engagement with candidates. The recruiting Director is a very fair, decent, honest manager. who always listens to what his employees have to say and ideas. Its rare to find someone who holds that strong a support for their team. He went above what was expected of him to the entire company without being asked to. My managers i supported and Regional Managers were good people. I enjoyed working with them.

Environment is fast paced and busy. There is always change(which I love) if you not like change this would not be a good match for your personality.

What you learned: There was a lot of it depends on who you know at the company to provide advancement. My director did all he could in his power to make things happen I solute his efforts.

The hardest part: As in everything in life. Making everyone happy and get along.
Pros
the job keeps you busy, the hours go by fast
Cons
pay and raises
Typical day
Background Administrator (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen Proving Ground, MDApril 5, 2017
The day began at 0600. The cubicles were approximately 4' wide and the were 8 of us in a row, back to back. It was very cramped. I worked the Call Center assisting applicants with completing their security clearances. I spoke with people from all over the world from cadets at Military Academies to Brigadier General's. There was some satisfaction achieved in knowing I helped someone complete a very long and tedious security application.

The management was not trust worthy. There was a lot of favoritism.
Pros
Being able to help someone with the security application.
good company
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 26, 2017
For a small company, this is a very good company. The opportunities for advancement are rather limited. The reason is so few people leave the company, That speaks volumes.
Adminstrative Assisant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 29, 2017
Answer daily phone calls.
Work as a team with everyone in my suite.
Provide direct assistance to the management staff.
Sort and organize files,
Open daily mail.
Check in cases as well as review reports.
its security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 6, 2017
Job pays well for what you do long hours and mandatory over time if some calls out. Its the people you work with that make the job fun.
Pros
Job pays well for what you do
Cons
long hours and mandatory over time
Prince is a good job for a teenager
Special Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 4, 2017
the company wasn't very well structured a perfect job for a teenager getting their feet wet in the security business, but not an adult.
Professional USG ontractor
Contract Investigator (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VADecember 5, 2016
One of many USG contractors employing payroll and contract investigators.

Company seems to be in the middle of a rather difficult transition/reorganization. The decline in the quality of its staff and full time support personnel is noticeable. It 's IT structure is inefficient, confusing to navigate and constantly changing, and not always for the better.
Pros
Little direct oversight
Cons
Pay disputes with contract investigators are becoming a constant and frustrating challenge.
Consistant work
Access Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 12, 2016
A stable work environment. You work in a mission-oriented environment. You receive industry-leading training. Can have a set work week and co-workers are enjoyable to work with. Various full time or part time schedules.
Great Company
Construction Surveillance Technician (Current Employee) –  MarylandJune 26, 2016
Good work and life balance, work is fun and awarding, the weather is the hardest part. The people are good at their job and flexible with hours.
Can do better being visible
Security Contractor (Current Employee) –  Wahiawā, HINovember 17, 2015
Moral is usually low do to poor communication or lack of visibility from management. It would be great for motivation if there is constant talk on promotions or possible job movements. They take care of employees through money and benefits tho so i aint complaining
armed
Assistant Supervisor / Access Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAOctober 20, 2015
This position gave me the encouragement to move forward, along with the confidants I needed to better myself buy giving me the experience that I needed. The training that I received was great
Pros
training
Cons
being first line of defence
Great company
Access Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VaSeptember 14, 2015
Great company to work for. A lot of room for advancement. The staff was very knowledgeable about the policies and helped with and issues that came about.
Enjoyable work environment
PROTECTIVE SERVICE SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDSeptember 3, 2015
Omniplex is a security company, that invites their employees to learn and grow with the company. I would recommend this company to any one because it's a great place to work.