Omniplex World Services Employee Reviews

Can do better being visible
Security Contractor (Current Employee) –  Wahiawā, HINovember 17, 2015
Moral is usually low do to poor communication or lack of visibility from management. It would be great for motivation if there is constant talk on promotions or possible job movements. They take care of employees through money and benefits tho so i aint complaining
armed
Assistant Supervisor / Access Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAOctober 20, 2015
This position gave me the encouragement to move forward, along with the confidants I needed to better myself buy giving me the experience that I needed. The training that I received was great
Pros
training
Cons
being first line of defence
Great company
Access Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VaSeptember 14, 2015
Great company to work for. A lot of room for advancement. The staff was very knowledgeable about the policies and helped with and issues that came about.
Enjoyable work environment
PROTECTIVE SERVICE SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDSeptember 3, 2015
Omniplex is a security company, that invites their employees to learn and grow with the company. I would recommend this company to any one because it's a great place to work.
Great place to gain a skill set
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 7, 2015
I enjoy working for omniplex, they are a company who stand by a high standard with their employees. There is an array of opportunities omniplex offer within the security filled. A typical day at work is screening huge groups and escorting high profile executives to their meeting. The most enjoyable part of the job is working as a team with highly skilled guards. The hardest part of the job is working long hours, doubles and rotating shifts. Management work closely with the security staff to ensure quality control. I learned to be humble, consistence and high detailed when needed.
Pros
Friendly environment, friendly co-workers
Cons
Long hours and strict policies
good job
Armed Protective Security Officer (Current Employee) –  dcMarch 30, 2015
Good place to work good coworkers good hours good training except for getting pepper sprayed. Paid training long training days
A good place to work
Manager / Senior Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 21, 2015
OMNIPLEX is a good place to work, The staff are great to work with. I loved working with my coworkers. They are true professionals and experienced. A typical day at work can be stressful and enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is communication between the departments.
Pros
benefits, people
Cons
communications
Very low morale
DHS Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 1, 2015
Needs new management,the company would be better off. Turn over rate with this company is very high. Other than that this company is easy to work for.
Pros
plenty of overtime
Cons
to much mandatory, no time for your life.
Fair
access control specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDOctober 20, 2014
Company was not organized well and and played in many employee turnover
Very professional
Blue Blazer/Access Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDSeptember 12, 2014
Not a bad company, needed better management. Growth was at a standstill.
n/a
ACCESS CONTROL SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAMay 29, 2014
I decline to answer. Thank you for understanding. But, I have worked for this Omniplex for almost 3 years. As of now I so not hace anything positive to gainful to say, except I have a job to provide for my family.
Good for gaining a clearance
Armed Access Control Officer (Current Employee) –  Northern VAMarch 19, 2014
Very boring job with little room for advancement. This is due to their expectation of a high turn over rate. Most People use the job to gain a clearance and leave ASAP. Management is terrible and only has it's own agenda in mind. Omniplex pays decently but other contractors pay their workers more with a lower clearance. This job is unbearably boring and working conditions can be harsh with 12 hour shifts outside.
Pros
decent pay, looks good on resume, not difficult, get a clearence
Cons
working conditions, management, boring
High School
ACS, SSM (Former Employee) –  HawaiiFebruary 27, 2014
I honestly considered to stay in this company for a long period time until I got suspended for something silly. Management is such hypocrites and run with a high school attitude. They give a promotion and they take it away for some silly reasons such as the company is not making any money.
Pros
easy job
Cons
favoritsm, high school attitude
Exciting and Professional place to work
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAOctober 22, 2013
I have been with OmniPlex World Services. The company is fantastic to work for. Great and knowledgeable training team.
Productive and maintained workplace
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  columbia mdOctober 10, 2013
Iv'e learned a lot working with Omniplex World Services. I love my job working as a security guard but im looking forward to pursing my career to the next level.
Pros
working with other people
Cons
no cons
Security Access Control At A Federal Site
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Northern VirginiaSeptember 5, 2013
The security tasks at hand is about visual and ID access control control, customer service, outdoor and indoor perimeter patrols, floor checks and constant communication with co-workers
Private Security
Private Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAAugust 20, 2013
Government Contract so I can not elaborate on the job. The company was a good one. Provided me with great training, pay, and benefits.
Pros
training, pay, benefits
Cons
all night work, 12 on, 12 off 6 days a week.
Almost everyday is different and your always learning something new
Access Control Officer (Current Employee) –  virginiaJuly 13, 2013
A normal day is opening post and fallowing post orders. But on most days you can have more than on top priority. Such as taking care of VIP, logging in persons, checking access for uncleared, escorting, responding to a number of codes/emergencies, and watching for suspicious activity. I've learned how to keep things functioning with out power so that the site doesn't have any breaches. I cant really say if theirs a hard part of the job because of all the constant training.
Pros
built in over time
Cons
hours
Terrible Company
ACS (Current Employee) –  UTAHFebruary 8, 2013
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. They come in and cut pay, refuse to work with you on scheduling, force you to work 20+ hours of overtime weekly, and give raises then take them away. The only plus is that they sponsor you for a clearance.
An overall good company that gives new comers a chance.
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 7, 2013
This company would be great if they had better project management. They provide many opportunities for advancement! However, employees are often left over/under worked without adequate breaks during their shifts because of poor management.