Omniplex World Services

Omniplex World Services Employer Reviews

Fair
access control specialist (Former Employee), Fort Meade, MDOctober 20, 2014
Company was not organized well and and played in many employee turnover
Very professional
Blue Blazer/Access Control Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Meade, MDSeptember 12, 2014
Not a bad company, needed better management. Growth was at a standstill.
n/a
ACCESS CONTROL SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Fort Gordon, GAMay 29, 2014
I decline to answer. Thank you for understanding. But, I have worked for this Omniplex for almost 3 years. As of now I so not hace anything positive to gainful to say, except I have a job to provide for my family.
Good for gaining a clearance
Armed Access Control Officer (Current Employee), Northern VAMarch 19, 2014
Pros: decent pay, looks good on resume, not difficult, get a clearence
Cons: working conditions, management, boring
Very boring job with little room for advancement. This is due to their expectation of a high turn over rate. Most People use the job to gain a clearance and leave ASAP. Management is terrible and only has it's own agenda in mind. Omniplex pays decently but other contractors pay their workers more with a lower clearance. This job is unbearably boring – more... and working conditions can be harsh with 12 hour shifts outside. – less
High School
ACS, SSM (Former Employee), HawaiiFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: favoritsm, high school attitude
I honestly considered to stay in this company for a long period time until I got suspended for something silly. Management is such hypocrites and run with a high school attitude. They give a promotion and they take it away for some silly reasons such as the company is not making any money.
Exciting and Professional place to work
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee), Springfield, VAOctober 22, 2013
I have been with OmniPlex World Services. The company is fantastic to work for. Great and knowledgeable training team.
Productive and maintained workplace
Security Guard (Current Employee), columbia mdOctober 10, 2013
Pros: working with other people
Cons: no cons
Iv'e learned a lot working with Omniplex World Services. I love my job working as a security guard but im looking forward to pursing my career to the next level.
Security Access Control At A Federal Site
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee), Northern VirginiaSeptember 5, 2013
The security tasks at hand is about visual and ID access control control, customer service, outdoor and indoor perimeter patrols, floor checks and constant communication with co-workers
Private Security
Private Security Officer (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAAugust 20, 2013
Pros: training, pay, benefits
Cons: all night work, 12 on, 12 off 6 days a week.
Government Contract so I can not elaborate on the job. The company was a good one. Provided me with great training, pay, and benefits.
Almost everyday is different and your always learning something new
Access Control Officer (Current Employee), virginiaJuly 13, 2013
Pros: built in over time
Cons: hours
A normal day is opening post and fallowing post orders. But on most days you can have more than on top priority. Such as taking care of VIP, logging in persons, checking access for uncleared, escorting, responding to a number of codes/emergencies, and watching for suspicious activity. I've learned how to keep things functioning with out power so that – more... the site doesn't have any breaches. I cant really say if theirs a hard part of the job because of all the constant training. – less
Terrible Company
ACS (Current Employee), UTAHFebruary 8, 2013
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. They come in and cut pay, refuse to work with you on scheduling, force you to work 20+ hours of overtime weekly, and give raises then take them away. The only plus is that they sponsor you for a clearance.
An overall good company that gives new comers a chance.
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAJanuary 7, 2013
This company would be great if they had better project management. They provide many opportunities for advancement! However, employees are often left over/under worked without adequate breaks during their shifts because of poor management.
good security company
Security Force Officer (Former Employee), Arlington, VADecember 5, 2012
Great job to work at. Good security training. helpful management
Friendly work environment
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee), Herndon, VANovember 7, 2012
Pros: occasional free food
Cons: expensive health care
Typical day is generally very busy in the mornings and afternoons, however there is almost always someone coming and going.

Management is friendly and have an open door policy. They will generally listen to issues or concerns, but they cannot guarantee that they will be able to fix them when and in the manner you would prefer.

My co-workers are a – more... wide mix of individuals but are generally pleasant. I have worked all three shifts at this facility (days, afternoons, and nights) and I have found that I am able to work with anyone on all three shifts.

The hardest part of this job is occupying yourself during the long periods of inactivity.

The most enjoyable part of the job is are the employees at the facility. Almost all are very friendly and generous, some go so far as to offer to pick up food for us wherever they are going. – less
Good company to work for
Security Officer/Lobby Reception for BOEING Intl (Former Employee), Signal Hill, CAOctober 24, 2012
Pros: good training
Good company to work for.
knowledgable in working with its employees
A security Job with a nice schedule
Security Officer (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAAugust 27, 2012
Pros: the pay and the team
Cons: the twelve hour shift
Lots of Driving, Walking, Sitting and Standing
I learned how to pass time in a productive way
The managment was good at times and great at others.
It is the same as Vance
The team work and the team i worked with
Decent place to work if you need a job
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAAugust 21, 2012
Pros: great co-workers, good training
Cons: inconsistent schedule, below avg pay, poor management
I worked at a secure location for Omniplex World Services. What I will say about the job is, they treat you just as any other contract company; you're there as a number and that's it.

The pay was below the standard rate for an armed security officer which created problem since our schedules would be different hours and different days from week to week. – more... I will say my fellow officers were great to work with and if it wasn't for our tight group of officers things could have been worse. Omniplex's management lacks actual management skills and leadership which creates issues from the actual workforce and the company leadership.

Oh and just remember if you ever work for this company don't take pictures of your co-workers sleeping on the job, they'll fire you for doing the right thing. I watched it happen to a co-worker, he found a armed security officer sleeping on post and once the company (Omniplex) and the client (US Gov't) found out about the picture, they fired the officer that took the picture. – less
Professional
Access Control Officer (Current Employee), Columbia, MDMarch 13, 2012
Its an OK job to have. Normally one of 3 shifts and they help get you a clearance

May 15, 2013

How long did it take for you to get hired? How long is the process?

Great Company, Poor Management.
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee), Chantilly VAJanuary 5, 2012
Pros: good pay, good benefits, great co-workers
Cons: no breaks, poor management, ever changing schedules.
Omniplex is a great company. I never had a problem with Corporate Headquarters. Human Resources and training personnel are great and easy to work with. The benefits are outstanding and upper management really seems to care about their officers on post.

My experience with management was another story. Unprofessional! I was lied to, cursed at for asking – more... questions, was given misleading information so that the Project Manager could get his way. Scheduling was a nightmare and changed multiple times during the pay period. Project manager asked personnel to do things that were wrong, and he never stood behind his people.

I don't believe my experience with my project manager is the norm for Omniplex. I believe this is a good company. But there are a few people in leadership that don't life up to their "Right people Right Values" motto. – less

June 27, 2012

It is common for an Officer to put down management, this is usually done because the Officer does not get their way with scheduling and or desired posts, If someone is that unhappy with a Project Manager, it's time to move on. You cannot blame a whole compnay just because you couldn't get along with management. Move on, there are plenty of security companies out there!

April 7, 2013

This person seems to be giving an honest review of this company. There is a response that says if you are not happy move on. This response is saying it is alright for supervisors to treat you anyway they want to and you either take it or quit. There are laws in place that are guidelines on fainess and equality. If a person tries to get treated respectfully on a job and the supervisor refuses the company should have programs in place to address and correct the problems, not tell the employee if you don't like it quit. Working several shifts in a pay period and having different days off in a week creats havoc in the employees life. Not only can they not get any proper rest because their sleeping hours are constantly changing they also cannot have a life outside of work. They do not know what days off they will have so it is impossible to make any plans or appointments.Hopefully the management that this employee had to deal with is the exception rather than the norm.