Omniplex World Services Employee Reviews

Professional USG ontractor
Contract Investigator (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VADecember 5, 2016
One of many USG contractors employing payroll and contract investigators.

Company seems to be in the middle of a rather difficult transition/reorganization. The decline in the quality of its staff and full time support personnel is noticeable. It 's IT structure is inefficient, confusing to navigate and constantly changing, and not always for the better.
Pros
Little direct oversight
Cons
Pay disputes with contract investigators are becoming a constant and frustrating challenge.
Adminstrative Assisant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 29, 2017
Answer daily phone calls.
Work as a team with everyone in my suite.
Provide direct assistance to the management staff.
Sort and organize files,
Open daily mail.
Check in cases as well as review reports.
its security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 6, 2017
Job pays well for what you do long hours and mandatory over time if some calls out. Its the people you work with that make the job fun.
Pros
Job pays well for what you do
Cons
long hours and mandatory over time
Consistant work
Access Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 12, 2016
A stable work environment. You work in a mission-oriented environment. You receive industry-leading training. Can have a set work week and co-workers are enjoyable to work with. Various full time or part time schedules.
Prince is a good job for a teenager
Special Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 4, 2017
the company wasn't very well structured a perfect job for a teenager getting their feet wet in the security business, but not an adult.
Great Company
Construction Surveillance Technician (Current Employee) –  MarylandJune 26, 2016
Good work and life balance, work is fun and awarding, the weather is the hardest part. The people are good at their job and flexible with hours.
Can do better being visible
Security Contractor (Current Employee) –  Wahiawā, HINovember 17, 2015
Moral is usually low do to poor communication or lack of visibility from management. It would be great for motivation if there is constant talk on promotions or possible job movements. They take care of employees through money and benefits tho so i aint complaining
Great place to gain a skill set
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 7, 2015
I enjoy working for omniplex, they are a company who stand by a high standard with their employees. There is an array of opportunities omniplex offer within the security filled. A typical day at work is screening huge groups and escorting high profile executives to their meeting. The most enjoyable part of the job is working as a team with highly skilled guards. The hardest part of the job is working long hours, doubles and rotating shifts. Management work closely with the security staff to ensure quality control. I learned to be humble, consistence and high detailed when needed.
Pros
Friendly environment, friendly co-workers
Cons
Long hours and strict policies
armed
Assistant Supervisor / Access Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAOctober 20, 2015
This position gave me the encouragement to move forward, along with the confidants I needed to better myself buy giving me the experience that I needed. The training that I received was great
Pros
training
Cons
being first line of defence
Good for gaining a clearance
Armed Access Control Officer (Current Employee) –  Northern VAMarch 19, 2014
Very boring job with little room for advancement. This is due to their expectation of a high turn over rate. Most People use the job to gain a clearance and leave ASAP. Management is terrible and only has it's own agenda in mind. Omniplex pays decently but other contractors pay their workers more with a lower clearance. This job is unbearably boring and working conditions can be harsh with 12 hour shifts outside.
Pros
Decent pay, looks good on resume, not difficult, get a clearence
Cons
Working conditions, management, boring
Almost everyday is different and your always learning something new
Access Control Officer (Current Employee) –  virginiaJuly 13, 2013
A normal day is opening post and fallowing post orders. But on most days you can have more than on top priority. Such as taking care of VIP, logging in persons, checking access for uncleared, escorting, responding to a number of codes/emergencies, and watching for suspicious activity. I've learned how to keep things functioning with out power so that the site doesn't have any breaches. I cant really say if theirs a hard part of the job because of all the constant training.
Pros
built in over time
Cons
hours
A good place to work
Manager / Senior Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 21, 2015
OMNIPLEX is a good place to work, The staff are great to work with. I loved working with my coworkers. They are true professionals and experienced. A typical day at work can be stressful and enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is communication between the departments.
Pros
Benefits, People
Cons
Communications
Friendly work environment
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VANovember 7, 2012
Typical day is generally very busy in the mornings and afternoons, however there is almost always someone coming and going.

Management is friendly and have an open door policy. They will generally listen to issues or concerns, but they cannot guarantee that they will be able to fix them when and in the manner you would prefer.

My co-workers are a wide mix of individuals but are generally pleasant. I have worked all three shifts at this facility (days, afternoons, and nights) and I have found that I am able to work with anyone on all three shifts.

The hardest part of this job is occupying yourself during the long periods of inactivity.

The most enjoyable part of the job is are the employees at the facility. Almost all are very friendly and generous, some go so far as to offer to pick up food for us wherever they are going.
Pros
occasional free food
Cons
expensive health care
High School
ACS, SSM (Former Employee) –  HawaiiFebruary 27, 2014
I honestly considered to stay in this company for a long period time until I got suspended for something silly. Management is such hypocrites and run with a high school attitude. They give a promotion and they take it away for some silly reasons such as the company is not making any money.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Favoritsm, High School attitude
Enjoyable work environment
PROTECTIVE SERVICE SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDSeptember 3, 2015
Omniplex is a security company, that invites their employees to learn and grow with the company. I would recommend this company to any one because it's a great place to work.
An overall good company that gives new comers a chance.
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 7, 2013
This company would be great if they had better project management. They provide many opportunities for advancement! However, employees are often left over/under worked without adequate breaks during their shifts because of poor management.
Great Company, Poor Management.
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chantilly VAJanuary 5, 2012
Omniplex is a great company. I never had a problem with Corporate Headquarters. Human Resources and training personnel are great and easy to work with. The benefits are outstanding and upper management really seems to care about their officers on post.

My experience with management was another story. Unprofessional! I was lied to, cursed at for asking questions, was given misleading information so that the Project Manager could get his way. Scheduling was a nightmare and changed multiple times during the pay period. Project manager asked personnel to do things that were wrong, and he never stood behind his people.

I don't believe my experience with my project manager is the norm for Omniplex. I believe this is a good company. But there are a few people in leadership that don't life up to their "Right people Right Values" motto.
Pros
good pay, good benefits, great co-workers
Cons
no breaks, poor management, ever changing schedules.
A security Job with a nice schedule
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAAugust 27, 2012
Lots of Driving, Walking, Sitting and Standing
I learned how to pass time in a productive way
The managment was good at times and great at others.
It is the same as Vance
The team work and the team i worked with
Pros
the pay and the team
Cons
the twelve hour shift
Great company
Access Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VaSeptember 14, 2015
Great company to work for. A lot of room for advancement. The staff was very knowledgeable about the policies and helped with and issues that came about.
Very low morale
DHS Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 1, 2015
Needs new management,the company would be better off. Turn over rate with this company is very high. Other than that this company is easy to work for.
Pros
plenty of overtime
Cons
To much mandatory, no time for your life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Omniplex World Services. Our community is ready to answer.