OMNOVA Solutions

OMNOVA Solutions Employer Reviews

deadly chemical but good safety
Chemical Operator (Former Employee), fitchburg ma.October 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: deadly chemical
working in a room with 6 chemical reactors made me nerves. PPe was not always used when required
Good job
Printer Operator (Former Employee), Auburn, PAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: money and the job itself is good.
Cons: swing shift
The job itself is good the money is good but the swing shift wore me down was always tired and kept getting sick to lack of rest.
Paper SBR Latex supplier
Laboratory Manager (Former Employee), Akron, OHMarch 1, 2014
I worked for 13 years for a SBR latex supplier to the coated paper industry. My last few years were as a laboratory manager in the Product Development group before lean financial times caused them to reduce staff and my job was expendable. While there I was able to see several of my technicians improve to more responsible jobs. I like to think that – more... I had a part in their success. – less
Not a bad place to work
Iso Management Representative QA Manager (Current Employee), Akron, OHJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunities, decent pay, incentives
Cons: location, moving you to whatever shift they want, medical benefits cost $650 a month for family and 5700 oop expense deductible.
Good place to work. Co-workers are friendly. Benefits absolutely suck.
Fast paced environment with employees having diverse responsbilities
Administrative Support (Current Employee), Monroe, NCDecember 8, 2013
A typical day brings a mix of work in multiple areas, including Human Resources and processing requests in the Sample Department. I have experience in assisting multiple departments with administrative tasks. I have learned how to track progress of maintenance work orders, record print cylinder usage daily based on a production schedule, process information – more... for Human Resources and be the main local contact for benefits questions, and assist the Plant Manager with organizing information for business reports. I also input customer information into the SAP system for the Customer Care Specialists. Most of the people in management in the local plant have been there for years, but there are a few new supervisors and managers as well. The hardest part of the job is balancing the workload when there are responsibilities in multiple departments and the tasks all have the same priority level. The most enjoyable part of the job is how most of the people have been there for 10+ years and have created a family-like team environment. – less
Difficult labor environment
Senior Process Engineer (Former Employee), Jeannette, PANovember 12, 2013
Pros: very knowledgeable professional staff
Cons: moving the sticks forward
Significant investment needs to be made in labor relations and upgrading equipment.
good job
Inspector (Former Employee), COLUMBUS MSOctober 31, 2013
I INSPECTED MATERIAL. I LEARNED HOW TO OPERATE OVERHEAD CRANES AS WELL AS OPERATING EVERY INSPECTION MACHINE.MY CO-WORKERS WERE GREAT.
Exciting and Fast Paced Manufacturing Environment
Process Engineer Co-op (Former Employee), Akron, OHSeptember 18, 2013
My typical day consisted of many day to day plant operations as well as time spent on capital and various improvement projects. I definitely enjoy staying busy and always asked for more work if things became slow to be able to learn more.
Very focused on Metrics of Vinyl Film Production
Process Engineer (Former Employee), Jeannette, PASeptember 14, 2013
Pros: existing plant & equipment making improvments.
Cons: long hours and very dependent on key customers.
Top notch technical staff, old equipment, however, making investments.
Great Innovative Designs and Creative Growth Opportunities
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee), Midwest area with a 5 state TerritoryAugust 22, 2013
Pros: great working with team players and very good benefits
Cons: continued changes on a regular basis and not enough attention to client requests.
Organized sales calls and responsibilities, follow up with Task List and Projects/Proposals/Presentations/Conference Calls/Travel

New systems and structures to work with Company Team and Clients

Management and co-workers all brought an interesting mix and expertise to the company

Keeping up with all the daily requests from corporate, clients and – more... resolving quality issues.

Working with great people from the company and the variety of unique clients – less
Was a good place to work.
Factory Forklift Truck Driver (Former Employee), Columbus, MSAugust 17, 2013
Pros: company feed us meals for different things.
Cons: healthcare was good had lunch time and could take a break anytime we our work was done
Days were busy but good. Learned how material was made. Management was nice and good to work for. Coworkers were all good to work with and help each other in time of need. Working 7days a week for 21 days with 2 days off and back at it again for 6 months was hard. Company gave us meals for different things.
Temporary Work
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Auburn, PAApril 23, 2013
Pros: great co workers makes the day fly by
Cons: after 9 months of being a temp they had to let me go.
I enjoyed working in the shipping area at Omnova Solutions. I learned how to ship frieght, call in weight to different trucking companies.
daily confusion within the plant... Company has poor people skills...
Factory Worker number 2 calender operator (Current Employee), Jeannette, PADecember 17, 2012
Pros: paycheck
Cons: daily confusion.. company work practicies...
therefore i am looking for other employment with job security with opportunities for advancement.
A lot of responsibilities, Manuel labor, Hard work
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Mogadore, OHDecember 7, 2012
Pros: good pay and good workers.
Cons: lay offs.
Preformed maintenance duties. Cleaned storage tanks and used high pressure washers to clean latex filled industrial baskets. I enjoyed working hard and being outdoors.
well rounded company with friendly employees
Production tech. Temp (Current Employee), Mogadore, OHSeptember 29, 2012
Showing up in the morning to get changed and wait for the plan of attack. work always went well no complantes from me. I like the people and the managment is very helpfull.
Manufacturing environment
Printer operator trainee (Current Employee), Auburn, PAJuly 18, 2012
Pros: laid back environment makes the work day go by a little faster
Cons: expectations and demands are not always rewarded.
I have learned that I have the ability to run machines, work in a fast paced environment and am not afraid to get dirty however I have also learned that I do not use my knowledge as far as my education and it is getting depressing. I have taken this job to support my family as I became a single mother not long ago however I have also learned that money – more... isn't everything and I do not like the fact that I go to work every day knowing I can give more to a company in a different aspect of it. I like the fact that I don't have to dress up, etc etc but in the same sense I miss that about being a professional. I don't want to lose sight of my education and teachings to the point I lose sight of who I am. – less
Big and Small at the Same Time
Associate Applications Engineer (Former Employee), Akron, OHMay 22, 2012
Pros: diverse workplace, opportunity to learn new skills and talents, extremely wonderful people
Cons: perception often overrides reality
A highly diverse organization if lots of wonderful people I am happy to call friends. It seems the organization is still suffering from a culture shock, due to acquisitions and inconsistent management styles. It lends to confusion and disparity.

The hardest part of the job is managing the daily workload. Often requests come from several sources with – more... little apparent organization or structure. The company behaves very small in the micro-level, burdening employees with disparate assignments that do not mesh. It also behaves very big on the corporate level, which provides an overlord perception.

The most enjoyable part of the job is succeeding for so long in such a confusing environment. – less
Small company, good chance for well rounded experience
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Auburn, PAMay 14, 2012
Because the Auburn plant of OMNOVA is small, I was able to get a very well rounded pool of experience there. They also paid most of the cost for my MBA studies.
INTERNATIONAL & STRATEGIC DEVELOPMENT - BUSINESS LEADER & MANAGEMENT
Vice President & General Manager EMEA & I (Current Employee), FranceMarch 9, 2014
>20 years in the chemical industry, in business & marketing, operations and strategic positions,
>10 years in management roles & member of executive committee, of which over 5 years in USA,
9 years within portfolio companies of private equity firms (LBO).

- General management in B2B in Europe, US & Asia – China & India in particular, backed up by a – more... strong and rounded commercial, operational and general management career path in international environment.
- Transformation & Development: Industrial & business strategies, organizational transformation, restructuring of operations & support functions in France, USA, China & India.
- Seasoned in social relationships, legal representative role and management of SEVESO II sites
- Experienced of quoted and private equity backed companies.
- Directorships and non-executive directorships in subsidiaries and holding companies in France, China & India – less
Chargement camion
Opérateur (Former Employee), Sandouville, A7July 4, 2014
Chargement camion et fabrication au sein de l'unité Hydropliolite