OMNOVA Solutions Employee Reviews in United States

Unfortunate, Could be a wonderful provider of jobs and economy.
Plant Technician Trainee (Former Employee) –  Mogadore, OHJanuary 25, 2016
Hired as temp with possibility of permanent hire, however this was untrue, as management was simply cycling temps. Was not notified until last minute. Powerless union. Easy manual labor and learning curve. Strong push for overtime instead of manning the plant properly. Couple cool lower management individuals. Upper management, not so much. Good pay though. So much potential to contribute many middle class jobs and to our economy, but instead cycles temps with a full time skeleton crew.
Pros
Pay. Easy work.
Cons
Eroding workers' rights. Dishonest management.
Good company overall
Customer Service Rep III (Former Employee) –  ARDecember 11, 2014
I worked as a CSR II; basically handling larger accounts such as WSG. A typical day would be answering calls, emails, and faxes relating to orders. Each CSR has their own accounts they are responsible for. You would process their orders and contact them letting them know everything was taken care of. You would also supply NAFTA paperwork for certain out of country orders. Basically you would try to ensure everything went as smoothly as possible from processing the order to actual delivery. If you do that everything is pretty easy. The employees here were great. Archie was the top CSR - one of the nicest people I have ever met. Mia Johnson was the head of customer service. Very nice lady and willing to give anyone a chance. All in all a pretty good job. The best part was when you were liked by your customers they would fly you in and wine and dine you. It happened several times for me. :)
Pros
set schedule, decent pay, travelling on customers dime, friendly people to work with
Cons
raises
deadly chemical but good safety
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  fitchburg ma.October 4, 2014
working in a room with 6 chemical reactors made me nerves. PPe was not always used when required
Pros
free lunches
Cons
deadly chemical
Paper SBR Latex supplier
Laboratory Manager (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 1, 2014
I worked for 13 years for a SBR latex supplier to the coated paper industry. My last few years were as a laboratory manager in the Product Development group before lean financial times caused them to reduce staff and my job was expendable. While there I was able to see several of my technicians improve to more responsible jobs. I like to think that I had a part in their success.
Not a bad place to work
Iso Management Representative QA Manager (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 8, 2014
Good place to work. Co-workers are friendly. Benefits absolutely suck.
Pros
advancement opportunities, decent pay, incentives
Cons
location, moving you to whatever shift they want, medical benefits cost $650 a month for family and 5700 oop expense deductible.
Fast paced environment with employees having diverse responsbilities
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCDecember 8, 2013
A typical day brings a mix of work in multiple areas, including Human Resources and processing requests in the Sample Department. I have experience in assisting multiple departments with administrative tasks. I have learned how to track progress of maintenance work orders, record print cylinder usage daily based on a production schedule, process information for Human Resources and be the main local contact for benefits questions, and assist the Plant Manager with organizing information for business reports. I also input customer information into the SAP system for the Customer Care Specialists. Most of the people in management in the local plant have been there for years, but there are a few new supervisors and managers as well. The hardest part of the job is balancing the workload when there are responsibilities in multiple departments and the tasks all have the same priority level. The most enjoyable part of the job is how most of the people have been there for 10+ years and have created a family-like team environment.
Difficult labor environment
Senior Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Jeannette, PANovember 12, 2013
Significant investment needs to be made in labor relations and upgrading equipment.
Pros
very knowledgeable professional staff
Cons
moving the sticks forward
good job
Inspector (Former Employee) –  COLUMBUS MSOctober 31, 2013
I inspected material. I learned how to operate overhead cranes as well as operating every inspection machine.My co-workers were great.
Exciting and Fast Paced Manufacturing Environment
Process Engineer Co-op (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 18, 2013
My typical day consisted of many day to day plant operations as well as time spent on capital and various improvement projects. I definitely enjoy staying busy and always asked for more work if things became slow to be able to learn more.
Very focused on Metrics of Vinyl Film Production
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Jeannette, PASeptember 14, 2013
Top notch technical staff, old equipment, however, making investments.
Pros
existing plant & equipment making improvments.
Cons
long hours and very dependent on key customers.
Great Innovative Designs and Creative Growth Opportunities
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Midwest area with a 5 state TerritoryAugust 22, 2013
Organized sales calls and responsibilities, follow up with Task List and Projects/Proposals/Presentations/Conference Calls/Travel

New systems and structures to work with Company Team and Clients

Management and co-workers all brought an interesting mix and expertise to the company

Keeping up with all the daily requests from corporate, clients and resolving quality issues.

Working with great people from the company and the variety of unique clients
Pros
great working with team players and very good benefits
Cons
continued changes on a regular basis and not enough attention to client requests.
Was a good place to work.
Factory Forklift Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSAugust 17, 2013
Days were busy but good. Learned how material was made. Management was nice and good to work for. Coworkers were all good to work with and help each other in time of need. Working 7days a week for 21 days with 2 days off and back at it again for 6 months was hard. Company gave us meals for different things.
Pros
company feed us meals for different things.
Cons
healthcare was good had lunch time and could take a break anytime we our work was done
Temporary Work
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Auburn, PAApril 23, 2013
I enjoyed working in the shipping area at Omnova Solutions. I learned how to ship frieght, call in weight to different trucking companies.
Pros
great co workers makes the day fly by
Cons
after 9 months of being a temp they had to let me go.
daily confusion within the plant... Company has poor people skills...
Factory Worker number 2 calender operator (Current Employee) –  Jeannette, PADecember 17, 2012
therefore i am looking for other employment with job security with opportunities for advancement.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
daily confusion.. company work practicies...
A lot of responsibilities, Manuel labor, Hard work
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Mogadore, OHDecember 7, 2012
Preformed maintenance duties. Cleaned storage tanks and used high pressure washers to clean latex filled industrial baskets. I enjoyed working hard and being outdoors.
Pros
good pay and good workers.
Cons
lay offs.
well rounded company with friendly employees
Production tech. Temp (Current Employee) –  Mogadore, OHSeptember 29, 2012
Showing up in the morning to get changed and wait for the plan of attack. work always went well no complantes from me. I like the people and the managment is very helpfull.
Manufacturing environment
Printer operator trainee (Current Employee) –  Auburn, PAJuly 18, 2012
I have learned that I have the ability to run machines, work in a fast paced environment and am not afraid to get dirty however I have also learned that I do not use my knowledge as far as my education and it is getting depressing. I have taken this job to support my family as I became a single mother not long ago however I have also learned that money isn't everything and I do not like the fact that I go to work every day knowing I can give more to a company in a different aspect of it. I like the fact that I don't have to dress up, etc etc but in the same sense I miss that about being a professional. I don't want to lose sight of my education and teachings to the point I lose sight of who I am.
Pros
laid back environment makes the work day go by a little faster
Cons
expectations and demands are not always rewarded.
Big and Small at the Same Time
Associate Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 22, 2012
A highly diverse organization if lots of wonderful people I am happy to call friends. It seems the organization is still suffering from a culture shock, due to acquisitions and inconsistent management styles. It lends to confusion and disparity.

The hardest part of the job is managing the daily workload. Often requests come from several sources with little apparent organization or structure. The company behaves very small in the micro-level, burdening employees with disparate assignments that do not mesh. It also behaves very big on the corporate level, which provides an overlord perception.

The most enjoyable part of the job is succeeding for so long in such a confusing environment.
Pros
diverse workplace, opportunity to learn new skills and talents, extremely wonderful people
Cons
perception often overrides reality
Small company, good chance for well rounded experience
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, PAMay 14, 2012
Because the Auburn plant of OMNOVA is small, I was able to get a very well rounded pool of experience there. They also paid most of the cost for my MBA studies.