On-Board Services Employee Reviews

Poor Management, turnover ratio is high, HR is a joke,no advancement
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Archdale, NCAugust 6, 2017
HR isn't on site & hard to contact, no room to grow with company, cant keep nobody long due to ill management, PTO but has to be approved whenever they think you're less needed, HOT!!! environment w/long-sleeved fire retardant siuts, hardhat & glasses, workers not willing to train properly, double standards and have to withstand being degraded my management when something doesn't go as planned or broke down due to no maintenance facility
Pros
Get a check every 2weeks
Cons
YOU name it!
Great place to work and the mangement cares about the employees and their careers
Manager (Current Employee) –  DelawareApril 23, 2016
Fantastic company that places its employees first . Rare in today's dog eat dog world ...Ownership has high values and principles and the Leadership has been in place for ~ 20 years.
3rd Generation of family ownership has improved the business model to include construction and plant management and currently we have 2500 full time employees .
Currently the ownership is investing in Safety and Training for all its management and staff.
Pros
Good Benefits, family owned, high retention, values, treatment work from home
Cons
It needs updating
with this much bad reviews...
job seeker (Former Employee) –  job seekerJanuary 5, 2016
Who would want to work for this company???
Maybe they need to hire a different recruiter in the HR department...opps my bad, it is CR after all...there are no good quality workers around anyway.
Contract services with no job backup once a contact is ended
Executive assistant (Former Employee) –  San DiegoOctober 25, 2015
I have been with on board for 5 months. They had a system crash in the beginning of getting my last job. I was told one year contact, called on a Friday evening to tell me " your not the right fit", however I worked very hard and represented on board very well.i was told I would be placed right away for Job loss, yet I see jobs on indeed and non money is contacting me for opportunities. I had an issue with a worker at my last contract to which I had Layed out a complaint and information on what happened and was basically told that my concerns were not valid by onboard. I do not see them trying to find me work while I have a child at home and beyond enough qualifications to work half the jobs they post.
Pros
Cons
High cost medical, non replacement, no support for concerns
Mundane work
Packout (Former Employee) –  Washington, WVJuly 29, 2015
On-Board is a sub-contractor for Dupont. You work twelve hour rotating shifts.Three days one week and four the next. Once a month you get seven days off.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
no communication
Family Owned Company
Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, NJJuly 18, 2013
On Board was the first impression of corporate world. I have learned a lot about recruiting and staffing. Worked well with management, especially my immediate supervisor. Co-workers enjoyed what I brought to the table everyday.
It was fun
Amtrak (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 27, 2012
I enjoyed meeting new people hearing their storys,seeing all the land from seattle too chi. It was not fun everytime the train got stuck or hit something customer got upset called in and we got reprimaned.
Pros
traveling
Cons
when train broke down customers got upset