On-Call Employee Reviews

Painting Associate
Painter (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 12, 2017
My main job was to paint the base (bottom) of the walls in the empty house we would have to work on. It was mandatory to fix the room we would have to paint so any of the owner property wouldn't get damaged from the paint.
Fun experience. Nice hard work.
Maintenance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 17, 2016
It was fun, love working hard. I learned new things met new people. I learned how to cut an measure. I also got to visit different places.
No stress
Curator (Former Employee) –  Tahoma, CASeptember 22, 2016
A resort-like work environment. Preserving and cleaning artifacts. Dedicated co-workers. Great management. Screen-vacuuming is hardest part of the job. The natural surroundings are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Free tours for family
Cons
Seasonal, no benefits, low pay.
Ability to learn and advance
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2016
Ability to learn and be advance in a face-paced environment. Ability to utilize nusing skills and provide holistic patient care. Job security and ablity to move throughout different units of the hospital.
Was a very social enviroment amongst coworkers and customers
BEAUTY ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJune 13, 2016
This was a job I always looked forward to going in because of the motavation that the employees had. When I was working an opening shift I would come in and tun on the register and open it. This ment count the money and get it ready for that days current sales. Working here I learned how to have a great relationship with customers/individuals. I learned how to make a warming bond with the customers. The management was amazing, they were always there to help us when we needed it. The coworkers were always friendly and respectful. The hardest part of my job was trying to sign up customers to open a macy's credit card. This was hard because either they did not get accepted or they had already had one. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to grow with the staff and the relationship with customers.
Pros
POTLUCKS, RAFFLES, DINNERS, GALAS
Cons
NOT ALOT OF HOURS, SLOW PACED
Very nice, great communication for working independently
Contract Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 28, 2015
I really enjoyed working for On Call, we worked independently and there was a good balance of training, communication between team members and management.

It was a great experience.
Pros
Awesome training
Cons
Contract job
Productive and fun workplace with many incentives and amazing benefits
Call-center Rep for Tommy Bahama.com (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WASeptember 21, 2015
Company sponsored lunches are the best! The benefits and discounts are amazing. The networking connections are awesome too!
Pros
company benefits;
Cons
they had a no tolerance attendance policy and I have kids so therefore, I don't think I would be able to be a mom and work for them effectively
On-Call Court interpreting was challenging to provide interpreting for district courts in Hawaii.
Court Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HawaiiAugust 18, 2015
Great if you have a flexible schedule. Must be bilingual and pass an interpreter's exam. Challenging career with many different court experiences.
Administrative
Direct Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALJuly 26, 2015
Great place to work and great management. Ability to learn new and exciting things while working there. Great hours, and days to work.
Pros
TEAMWORK
Cons
MANAGEMENT
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, NYApril 12, 2015
Go into the Waiting Room then wait for my name to be called of the Job list(Sign-In sheet). Then give my I.D to the Front Desk look for my Work card then clock in. Started Picking and Packing
Good job
Certified Welder/ Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 24, 2015
Small Company, mainly fast paced, short jobs, work and learn many trades. Mainly worked as a welder but the owner had many jobs going on at once. When he didn't need me as a welder I worked as a carpenter. Constructed cell phone towers, piling jobs, welding jobs, carpentry jobs on schools. Just a variety of different jobs.
Pros
Travel to places you never thought you'd go, owner takes care of his workers
Cons
gone from home a lot, and a little un-organized.
Was here for 16 years started at the bottom and worked my way up the ladder.
Class B CDL Driver / Route Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bayville, NJJanuary 20, 2015
I learned a lot about the trash business. Management gave me a big opportunity at the supervisor position and I enjoyed it to the fullest, with talking to the customers and still being on the road at times to monitor all the drivers and helpers to maintain optimal success of the company.
It a great place to get some good customer service experience
Assistant Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 20, 2014
I would have to prepares written incident reports and memo regarding bugs or fire extinguisher inspection are some of the notification that I had to do, and deliver to each tenant had to receive. Any other miscellaneous information that the tenant need to be notifying about. Right along with year recertification letter of appointment.. lot of customer service. meet with the resident of the apartment complex. having to write the incident reports
Pros
they have beautiful court yard to have lunch in
Cons
i work on -call, not so much work for being on-call employee
Enjoyable variety of responsibilities.
HR Consultant, P&R and substitute manager (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 27, 2014
Great Places to work for. Due to seasonal problems there is no enough business...
Pros
Free meal, nice employee treatment
Cons
There is no enough business, accordingly not enough income for me
Poor job role out
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2014
Poor job role out.
Job expectation not aligned to what was originally hired for
Rewarding and Fulfulling
Independent Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 30, 2014
Providing personal care assistance for family members on a short term basis during hospice or to fill in for the full-time care giver. Duties included preparing meals, administering medication, transportation to/from appointments and entertainment, assistance with personal hygiene.
Pros
Travel expenses were included.
Cons
Time away from home.
Good people to work for they push you to do better and better each time.
Hr Maintenance Crew (Current Employee) –  Picayune, MSMarch 25, 2014
I learned a good bit of things working here anywhere from welding and cutting to driving heavy pieces of equipment.
Pros
Didn't matter what time you started or ended as long as the job got done.
Seasonal
Parking Lot Hospitality Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAMarch 25, 2014
Although the job was seasonal, I met a few new friends until the end of the contract.
I loved the interaction with Many guests on a daily basis
Slot Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 5, 2014
Great Job I met and was able to make a difference in many co- workers and guests lives
Pros
Free lunches
Great but have move on
Office Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 20, 2013
good job the company was nice, friendy co-workers, good pay, free lunch on fridays but there were also con short breaks no benefits work weekends ect. time to move on
Pros
Free lunch on fridays, nice work enviroment, 1st shift
Cons
Short breaks, no benefitts, pressure ect.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at On-Call. Our community is ready to answer.