On Assignment Employee Reviews in United States

Great Company, very nice working environment.
Branch Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CAOctober 30, 2015
My experience working at On Assignment, Inc. was very helpful for me, I left the company as a much better person and a much better professional.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 17, 2015
Temp job to have if you need work fast. This job will help you find different kind of jobs out in the field.Nice place to work for quick money.
Experience
Medical Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 3, 2015
The company moved to another state. The assignment I did get was good. The management team was great in getting me started in the position.
Pros
Work was steady
Cons
They moved away
Enjoyed working in varies departments
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 22, 2015
Escort patients to exam rooms, interviews patients, measure vital signs, including weight, blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and document all information.
Productive and fun place to work
Travel & Housing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHMarch 25, 2015
This job kept me busy all day with multiple challenges which taught me a lot about the industry, improved my customer service skills, and kept me on my toes all day. I enjoy a challenge.
Pros
Lunch room to eat in, people were all kind and outgoing
Cons
I can't think of any
Total disfunctional company
Senior Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 2, 2015
This is a company you need to stay away from, they Lie and cheat you on your pay ever chance they get. No Benefits our follow thru on what they say.
Cons
they lie and cheat
On Assignment
Environmental Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Ferndale, WAJanuary 23, 2012
The "recruiter" was very professional and highly organzed! However, the company that I was contracted too was not ideal. Management at this company was poor at best, zero work/life balance, no benefits, no raises, no advancement. I felt that the company I was assigned to breached my ethics and morals.
Pros
staffing service was well organized and personable, my recruiter followed up regularly
Cons
disconnected from employee assignments
not a good experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIOctober 24, 2012
On assignment is an agency that places you with the best possible fit in a job position. They only work for healthcare . I was not given my full time that i applied for. and all they kept assigning me to were eye doctors when i asked to be put into medical assisting jobs.all i really did were eye exams.never really got the chance to enhance my medical assisting skills.
Pros
good pay
Cons
never receiving full time and not utilizing my skills
The company was very good at compensating for your work.
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJuly 22, 2013
The hours were flexable as long as the work was completed. The local office was like one big family with support from everyone in the office. The hardest part of the job would have been the telephone time that was spent in order to recruit the nurses. The most enjoyable part of each day would have been the coworkers and nurses that I worked with.
Pros
money
Cons
after hours telephone time with nurses.
Poor benefits- won't pay for time clocked in
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  OhioSeptember 16, 2012
Pay was decent- benefits were NOT free and were paid for by the employee. Insurance was NOT day 1. Pay was always incorrect- they refused to pay for time actually worked and would "round" to the hour. Ex. Had worked 49 hours and 20 mins would only be paid for 49 hours. They are screwing the employee out of hundreds of dollars a year- with thousands of employees this adds up to a lot of money. I asked about it time worked vs time paid and they refused to back pay or accurately pay. I am now working for a more honest company that accurately pays and with day 1 free insurance and benefits!! BEWARE of this company they will take advantage of you!!!
Pros
ok pay- some good assignments
Cons
inaccurate pay- no free health benefits. benefits don't start day 1.
temp agency
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 16, 2015
they were very helpfull finding temp work at differant locations that were close to home, I would recamend this agency to anyone who needs help finding a job
Pros
good pay
Worst travel nursing agency, I have ever worked for
Registered Nurse - Travel Assignment (Former Employee) –  San Leandro Hospital, San Leandro, CAJuly 8, 2013
Worked as a travel nurse with this company. This agency has very poor communication skills. Never spoke to recruiter after I took assignment. Made several attempts to communicate with recruiter, but he failed to connect with me or meet any of my basic needs as a travel nurse.
Pros
the pay was competitive
Cons
worst communication
This was a well managed company.
engineering technician (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PANovember 11, 2014
This agency went out of its way to contact me from the state's computer network. They kept me informed until I was placed on the job.
Pros
relatively well paying job.
Cons
not much chance of getting hired on permanently with client.
on assignment
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 3, 2014
a typical day at on assignment is going to a diffenrt location meting new people working with new people I learned alot of things by going to a lot of different places and every the part i enjoy most is helping the people and learning new things
Pros
going to a lot of different facilities and learning new things
Cons
not alot of hours
Corporate does not understand development
Developer (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CAFebruary 27, 2013
Very political environment.
People external to the development team wield an unnecessary amount of influence on the team.
Corporate pays lip service to valuing employees, but in practice, that doesn't translate.
Morale is fairly low on the Coldfusion team, as well as other teams.
Pros
coffee
Cons
artificial metrics; politics; inexperienced managers
Well managed facility.
Medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 5, 2014
I worked here when I first got into the medical field as a nursing assistant. This was the beginning of my career in healthcare. I knew after taking care the residents that I wanted to stay in this field.
Pros
decent money back then
Cons
i had to work every weekend and missed time with my chikdren when they were babies.
Pro-employee company, some managers not so much
Marketing Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CAApril 17, 2014
On Assignment is overall a great company to work at, unfortunately I had a negative experience with my manager.
Pros
fair compensation, nice colleagues, perks such as food trucks, bagel fridays, and great fitness center and program.
Cons
corporate, hierarchical environment.
Fabulous employer. I was sadend when I was no longer able to work for them.
Varying Medical Assistant Positions (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 10, 2012
I was placed on many jobs offering a rich variety of medical assisting opportunities. I was fully able to use all of my skills acquired while in school.I would highly recommend to everyone.
Pros
variety in assignments
Cons
not permanent employement
Overall enjoyable experience
STAFFING CLERK (Current Employee) –  Martinez, CAFebruary 17, 2014
Very fast paced, worked on time schedule. Worked with wonderful people, alot of different personalities. The hardest part of the job is the variety of different work that needs to be done in a day.
Pros
very fast paced, makes the day go by faster.
Cons
no raises or shift differential, alot expected of you
Nice place for someone. Who has just had a child and in transition who wants to get back into the work world at thier own pace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 23, 2013
A nice environment. . Great for exercising your skills to your fullest potential, through various company experiences. excellent learning experiences