On Call Staffing Employee Reviews in United States

Rinky Dink
LPN (Current Employee) –  MemphisJuly 31, 2015
No direct deposit. No raise....ever. No taxes taken out of check so you WILL owe the IRS. No benefits...at all. Don't care about their clients. Unprofessional. Management is an absolute joke. No overtime pay but they will let you work up to 72 hours per week.
Pioneer Contracting Services
Laborer/Expert Mover (Former Employee) –  Houston, Tx. 77055July 6, 2016
Well, as I worked consistently and diligently for On Call Staffing Agency, I was assigned to work at Pioneer moving company in which we had to move office equipment for prominent oil based companies like Shell, Chevron Phillips, and Exxon Mobile @ $10.00 per hour. I also worked at a warehouse on the Northwest side near West Little York recycling and fixing electronics making only $8.00 per hour. I've also worked for companies like Freemon (The Union), Academy Warehouse, and Igloo Distribution Center temporarily operating forklifts accurately however, I've been operating forklifts for over 4 years now before I even got an license to look more credible. A typical day at work for every job above is just hard work lifting objects and having to balance yourself as you lift them, and operating forklifts having to extremely meticulous is quite challenging but helps you to become more skillful simultaneously. I learned a lot about working as a team and not just individual effort just knowing that its not about how great you do your job than others its about how well you work as a team and how well you follow safety rules and instructions.The management occasionally, was a bit unorganized and disorderly however, whenever there was work I was always notified and best referred to better opportunities through management so, at the end of the day, they do their job by making sure I had work or was getting paid for what I was worth to the specific task.The most thrilling part of all jobs and working with co-workers was hosting or having conversations with each while on break about strong  more... debates or topics and also working in an environment that actually depends on you to contribute in order for it to operate well or continue its business made me feel very much needed and imperative.  less
Pleasant
LPN Independent contractor (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MSOctober 2, 2014
I very much enjoyed taking care of the little girl I was responsible for and the family made all of the nurses feel like part of the family. We worked in the home, so it was a different environment than a hospital or nursing home. The company was fairly accomodating with schedule. Being an independent contractor though there were no benefits.
They were very helpful in providing good workers opportunity
Construction Laborer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 8, 2015
I was given a chance to show them my great work ethic without being interviewed in which I did not disappoint by working hard
Pros
They were very nice and helpful
Cons
The assignments were mostly in Phoenix not Tucson where I live
Great clients.
CNA (Current Employee) –  MISSISSIPPIMarch 3, 2012
This company does not give raises, nor do they take out any, taxes, no benefits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
choose your hours
Cons
buy your own supplies, no benefits
great place to work
receptionist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 20, 2015
I will typically start with my assessment and vital signs provide pt with adl's then started with and after accu check, gtube feeding with medications provided range of motion and made sure pt was ready for her day.. ive learned to have a lot of patience when it comes to those with special needs, my coworkers were great,the hardest part was the long hours after leaving my other employer, the most enjoyable part was putting a smile on my pts face every day..
Friendly staff
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 15, 2015
work was always available, and the staff was very helpful. The people I worked with were very knowledgeable of the trade.
Pros
plenty of work
Cons
didn't pay well
Fun place to work
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Fairborn, OHMarch 22, 2015
I really liked working for Jamestown, It was my favorite place to work. One year they gave me a surprise birthday dinner and I was so appreciative of what they had done for me.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Fun and productive place to work
Recruiter/Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WashingtonFebruary 1, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the staff internal and external. I leaned from this position to managed employees and referrals, office management/administrative work tracking along with hosting job fairs or other sources for recruiting candidates. My co-workers, very easy to work with and management was spectacular.
Pros
flexibility
Psycho babble on kids
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pontotoc, MSDecember 13, 2014
Most of these children only need someone to pay attention and give them love. This facility is nothing more than a punishment for the children and a reprieve for lazy parents who should never had children. The therapy department was clueless when it came to medical needs.
Pros
great nurses
Cons
wish more could be done
it was good with inviorment
worker (Former Employee) –  Angels, PAApril 21, 2012
a typical day at work would start at 7 pm would go in as other are going out. i would go in punch in and grab a camera. would take pictures of damage merchandise or pallets. when nothing is available to do, would check paper work. at nights move pallets around on forklifts that whats my favorite. on Fridays would do inventory that was fun to.
Pros
not so heavy work
Cons
the night shift where hard
Great learning experience.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 7, 2014
Wound care, O2 support, ,Suctioning, Chemotherapy monitoring where I learned about all types of methods used to fight of acquired hemophilia, I worked independently, The hardest part of the job was not being able to do more as far as everyday care. I love this job because I am able to learn so much
Pros
learning experience
Cons
not being more involed in care
On call job
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIMay 30, 2013
This job is exactly what the name tells you. You are an on call worker. I mostly worked weekends when needed and loved the job. Never had any problems while working there and my patient was fun to be around and i learned quite a few things from him.
They Suck!
Administrative Assistant / Title Curative (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAMarch 14, 2012
Just like any other agency, they use you and once the assignment is completed, they leave you on the way side.
Cons
just like any other agency, they are heartless!
Really placed me within a great company
Mortgage Loan Closer (Former Employee) –  Sorrento Valley, CaJanuary 28, 2014
I wish the industry wasn't so bad I still would have been at my assignment.
Cons
wasn't permanent
home care
pct (Former Employee) –  marine city, miMarch 2, 2012
too much in your personal life, not professional at all. talk about other employees.
Cons
too far of a drive
Good Place to work for
Data Entry /Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAOctober 11, 2012
I learned the work of warehouse which I had never done in my life learning what warehouse work was all about.
Cons
n/a
Lots of work to do.
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 25, 2013
Place if you like to work outdoors. Its fun to work with other people.
Pros
you have to provide your own food
Cons
lots of breaks
great at finding you work
Temp (Former Employee) –  Fairborn OhioDecember 12, 2012
They found me work in 2 weeks from a temp job to another job. It isnt hard work and they always have work
fun places
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 18, 2014
i would help move big office to a different location.load trucks and unload truck

2.7