On Call Staffing Employee Reviews

Out going
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Raytown moJune 13, 2017
Very nice in love to be around people outgoing ask for overtime . like to be around people make people happy when I come around I would make a difference in your company hope to hear from you soon.
Pros
Enjoy being around new people
Cons
Health care, housekeeping, cook, prepcook
Good
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Agusta gaMay 31, 2017
Good a nice place towork it really is a great place the people are really nice they help out as much as they can the pay is great the hours are greAT you get paid day by day or weekly however you want your pay
Good
Okay place to work if you just want a paycheck
PRIVATE DUTY NURSE (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 20, 2017
While I enjoyed working with the patients, I did not enjoy the lack of professionalism displayed by all members of the staff. Blatant disregard for nurses and patients that at times, was unbearable.
They don't pay
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 20, 2017
Worked there for three days only to not get paid for those days. They are horrible and when I ask about my check they say they don't know what's going on and give me the runaround.
Pros
Cons
Don't pay, management is horrible
great patients poor company
School Nurse (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 12, 2017
This company constantly is being sued for cheating their employees out of their compensation they dont follow their rules and management is constantly changing also the companies
fun place to work
Notes Department (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MSNovember 9, 2016
busy, scanning a lot at copier, learning nursing notes and what it is all about, reading all the notes they write while they are at a patients house, matching them to pay reports
Pros
pretty easy job
Cons
no benifits
A Great Working Environment
Community Counselor/ Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MS 38606October 9, 2016
A great overall experience, work well with staff and management. Very prompt and helpful in answering questions while working in the field.
Pros
Working Independently
Cons
Work cases close without notice
Pioneer Contracting Services
Laborer/Expert Mover (Former Employee) –  Houston, Tx. 77055July 6, 2016
Well, as I worked consistently and diligently for On Call Staffing Agency, I was assigned to work at Pioneer moving company in which we had to move office equipment for prominent oil based companies like Shell, Chevron Phillips, and Exxon Mobile @ $10.00 per hour. I also worked at a warehouse on the Northwest side near West Little York recycling and fixing electronics making only $8.00 per hour. I've also worked for companies like Freemon (The Union), Academy Warehouse, and Igloo Distribution Center temporarily operating forklifts accurately however, I've been operating forklifts for over 4 years now before I even got an license to look more credible. A typical day at work for every job above is just hard work lifting objects and having to balance yourself as you lift them, and operating forklifts having to extremely meticulous is quite challenging but helps you to become more skillful simultaneously. I learned a lot about working as a team and not just individual effort just knowing that its not about how great you do your job than others its about how well you work as a team and how well you follow safety rules and instructions.The management occasionally, was a bit unorganized and disorderly however, whenever there was work I was always notified and best referred to better opportunities through management so, at the end of the day, they do their job by making sure I had work or was getting paid for what I was worth to the specific task.The most thrilling part of all jobs and working with co-workers was hosting or having conversations with each while on break about strong  more... debates or topics and also working in an environment that actually depends on you to contribute in order for it to operate well or continue its business made me feel very much needed and imperative.  less
They were very helpful in providing good workers opportunity
Construction Laborer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 8, 2015
I was given a chance to show them my great work ethic without being interviewed in which I did not disappoint by working hard
Pros
They were very nice and helpful
Cons
The assignments were mostly in Phoenix not Tucson where I live
Rinky Dink
LPN (Current Employee) –  MemphisJuly 31, 2015
No direct deposit. No raise....ever. No taxes taken out of check so you WILL owe the IRS. No benefits...at all. Don't care about their clients. Unprofessional. Management is an absolute joke. No overtime pay but they will let you work up to 72 hours per week.
Friendly staff
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 15, 2015
work was always available, and the staff was very helpful. The people I worked with were very knowledgeable of the trade.
Pros
plenty of work
Cons
didn't pay well
great place to work
receptionist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 20, 2015
I will typically start with my assessment and vital signs provide pt with adl's then started with and after accu check, gtube feeding with medications provided range of motion and made sure pt was ready for her day.. ive learned to have a lot of patience when it comes to those with special needs, my coworkers were great,the hardest part was the long hours after leaving my other employer, the most enjoyable part was putting a smile on my pts face every day..
Fun place to work
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Fairborn, OHMarch 22, 2015
I really liked working for Jamestown, It was my favorite place to work. One year they gave me a surprise birthday dinner and I was so appreciative of what they had done for me.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Psycho babble on kids
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pontotoc, MSDecember 13, 2014
Most of these children only need someone to pay attention and give them love. This facility is nothing more than a punishment for the children and a reprieve for lazy parents who should never had children. The therapy department was clueless when it came to medical needs.
Pros
Great nurses
Cons
wish more could be done
Pleasant
LPN Independent contractor (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MSOctober 2, 2014
I very much enjoyed taking care of the little girl I was responsible for and the family made all of the nurses feel like part of the family. We worked in the home, so it was a different environment than a hospital or nursing home. The company was fairly accomodating with schedule. Being an independent contractor though there were no benefits.
Great learning experience.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 7, 2014
Wound care, O2 support, ,Suctioning, Chemotherapy monitoring where I learned about all types of methods used to fight of acquired hemophilia, I worked independently, The hardest part of the job was not being able to do more as far as everyday care. I love this job because I am able to learn so much
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Not being more involed in care
fun places
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 18, 2014
i would help move big office to a different location.load trucks and unload truck
Really placed me within a great company
Mortgage Loan Closer (Former Employee) –  Sorrento Valley, CaJanuary 28, 2014
I wish the industry wasn't so bad I still would have been at my assignment.
Cons
Wasn't permanent
On call job
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIMay 30, 2013
This job is exactly what the name tells you. You are an on call worker. I mostly worked weekends when needed and loved the job. Never had any problems while working there and my patient was fun to be around and i learned quite a few things from him.
Lots of work to do.
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 25, 2013
Place if you like to work outdoors. Its fun to work with other people.
Pros
You have to provide your own food
Cons
Lots of breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at On Call Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7