On Call Employee Reviews

Freelance IT Specialist (Break-Fix) (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 23, 2016
Great way to make money, create flexibility in one's life, not stable and offers not benefits. Flexible but the downside is that it offers no benefits other than the wage you get paid.
Pros
Flexible, can work remotely form home, on site and over the phone.
Cons
No benefits other than the wage.
productive
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 28, 2016
i cleaned houses for people i knew at church.when they needed me to clean they would just call me.I would usually clean kitchens bathrooms. living rooms and dining rooms.
Pros
worked around my schedule
Cons
was only called when needed
Hospice Medical Social Worker
Hospice Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 11, 2016
This is one amazing place. I have an on call phone that i check my emails on and take calls. I triage over the Phone however if there is an issue that needs my presence then i go to the home. I also write case notes on the interactions that i have.
Great environment, funny coworkers
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 16, 2016
I love working here when they need me, it's quiet and active all at the same time. the office crew is very friendly and will take the time to teach you whatever you need to make the job easier
productive and diverse
Member Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 13, 2016
I worked at this site while I was pregnant. My occupation was Member Services Coordinator I, at the front desk. Some days went by fast, some were slow, but there was always something we can do.
Productive work flow
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 13, 2013
Processing all documents to prepare Payroll.
I learned how to do payroll and other task along with it.
Management was extremely busy due to a high volume office.
The employees were always willing to help with anything.
The hardest thing was dealing with unhappy employees. I would always find a solution to fix there problem. The most enjoyable thing was I was working with previous employees from other jobs.
Pros
Wonderful Benefits and overtime was welcomed if I was able
Cons
Turnover rate of employees
fun and excitement
Event Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manila PhillippinesMarch 31, 2014
meeting different kinds of client it could be good or bad to you, lots of patience and convincing power to meet the clients need. promoting products. no problems with my co workers we help in each other. the tough time will be meet the sales for each day and doing inventory sales. fun will be meet some celebrities interested in your products. and selling a lots of item everyday its a achievement as sales representative like me.
Pros
benefits and discount buying products company.
Cons
short break working in 12 hours a day, working different branches it could be near or far from home.
Productive fun and friendly environment
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Tumwater, WAFebruary 5, 2016
I love the place! I have been here for four years and I have loved every moment! I would come back any day that they need me! I had learned many new skills working with them especially when it comes to time management and customer service. They environment there is great all around and worth working in. The stress level is light. Obviously any work day is stressful but your bosses don't double that stress they work with you.
nice shedule
MEDICAL CODER II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 11, 2015
nice for a beginner like me as a coder, I was properly trained. The salary was good my schedule is awesome. the place was nice and secured. They are open for opportunity.
Pros
good salary
Cons
only on call
Great company to work for. Very flexible with work schedule.
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 3, 2016
My work is on-call. Very flexible with work schedule and availability. Good company to work with. Employees are appreciated
Pros
Very flexible work schedule.
Cons
Not enough available work.
Childcare Home Daycare Facility
Childcare Provider Assistant (Current Employee) –  Altadena, CAFebruary 18, 2016
A wonderful place to help and watch kids grow, learn and play. Get to greet parents and children at drop off, played with children, taught all early education and potty trained. It is the best thing in the world to watch another human being learn how to do something new and continue to do so by your ability to help them achieve goals.When the child is happy and the parents of said child, I am happy.
Pros
Clean Enviroment
On call Is not a JOB
BANQUET SERVER (Current Employee) –  Carolina, PRFebruary 18, 2015
On call is not a Job (employer) Hotel San Juan is.

Overall Hotel San Juan is a great place to work good benefits for those working full time. The superiors are easy to talk to and they treat you with respect. The co-workers are friendly and helpful.
high corporate atmosphere
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 22, 2016
Supposed to be Nurse On Call, not a good place to work at all, unless you want to be told what you can do and can't do. Corporate atmosphere all around
Youthful environment, Great for sales experience
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 15, 2014
Depending on your position:
Manager/ Assistant Manager
*The day begins an hour before the store will open and your hours vary from 8-12 hour work days with 30 minute breaks. You will be responsible for inventory, multiple store audits, employees, sales, marketing, record keeping and scheduling.
*I learned how to maintain a store geared to service people as customers; how to put people first while also surpassing projected sales volume. I learned how to give of myself in each project I received while also reflecting the company's policies and preferences in every decision.
*I managed a staff with 3-5 employees and a staff with over 15 employees (visiting and permanent) ensuring our bottom line was protected but also allowing each team member to work in their respective positions. I became a trainer for full-time, part-time employees and some new assistant managers; teaching them how to follow company policies and procedures, appropriate customer to team member etiquette, as well as risk-management practices.
*The hardest part of the job was not having a product that a customer wanted or saw at a different store location or online. With the internet and competing stores having great deals, it was often difficult to explain to customers that the shoe that they have fallen in love with is not available for them through our store. You want to be able to service everyone and provide what everyone needs in the time they need it, but the reality is that flower shops don't sell houses. I learned however, to maintain a positive attitude in all circumstances.
*The most enjoyable
  more... part of the job is when small children would come into the store for the first time and take their first steps in our shoes. It was a marvelous experience.  less
Pros
Discounts, sales incentives, comunity volunteer oportunities, job security
Cons
low salary, some commission based positions, gender biased atmosphere
Worked as On-Call Makeup Artist and Sales
Sales - Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Newark, DENovember 18, 2013
● Worked as a team member performing product assistance and cleaning while providing excellent customer service.

● Maintained cleanliness and presentation of stock room and production floor.
● Received multiple reviews acknowledging my level of dedication to excellent customer service.
● Replenished merchandise shelves with items from the stockroom.
● Recommended alternative items if product was out of stock.
● Asked open-ended questions to assess customer needs.
● Demonstrate New Launch products.
● Recommend products options to personalize customer experience and need.
● Regularly sought opportunities to up sell and add on additional merchandise.
● Share with customer to follow up on purchases, suggest new merchandise and inform them about promotions and upcoming events.

● Expressed appreciation and invited customers to return to the store.
● Consistent with goal and AUS procedures.
Pros
Makeup Artist - Brand knowledge
Cons
Travel
Position give you time to go to school or take proper courses for elevation of skills.
Call Center Representative/Clerical (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 4, 2013
A day working in a call center environment I made calls all over the world throughout the day to promote or discuss a new product that will help CPA's and accountants work easier throughtout their accounting system. I spoke with founders of multi million dollar companies, business owners and accountants. I worked closely with management to develop a technique to make it easier to being the bridge from the product to the customer. I learned a new data multi line phone system a companies database system that's used to call the clients and worked with a great team that were very supportive in efforts of achieving success. The hardest part of the position were when I first started and taking in the information to incorporate it into my customer service personality and the most enjoyable part of my position were when I were on the phone with the clients and providing them with information that will one day make life much easier for there everyday work.
Pros
independently worked, made executive decisions, helpful to different businesses
Cons
that the position was not
It was a great job to care for children.
BABYSITTER (Current Employee) –  Harlingen texasOctober 21, 2015
I always wanted to work around children and this job gave me the opportunity to do so. It has given me experience and I love caring and teaching children.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2015
I enjoy working at Jamba Juice in the McCormick Place. Its an on call job depending amongst the show that's currently going on. At my job I meet and interact with a lot of people from all over the world. There are a lot of customers I serve that have not had Jamba Juice before or can not speak English so I have to physically show them what things are. Overall I really enjoy my job.
Pros
Helping Others
Cons
Was a very good company did alot of incentives for the employees.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 25, 2015
Very big company with 5 teams that worked great together . Very busy all the time and everyone helpled each other to get the job done.Hardest part was staffing in areas where I had no discipline near the patient but the company offered incentives to get the job done.The most enjoyable part was working close together with office staff and field staff.
Pros
Fun things we did together with my team employees
Cons
staffing hard cases and having to stay late and not getting paid.
The purpose of the company is amazing`
In Home Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 6, 2015
I love helping people and this job is really what its all about. you learn about a lot of trainings and the most enjoyable part of the this job is working with the kids.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at On Call. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9