On Call Employee Reviews

Productive place to work at
Cook (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKOctober 16, 2017
On call status so rarely get called in to work. Only time get called in is if someone happens to call in sick to work or go on vacation. No benefits at all for on call status.
Caring for others is fulfilling.
House sitting (Current Employee) –  EverywhereJune 22, 2017
A typical day at work usually consists of caring for other people's children by feeding, bathing, and entertaining them in a safe and healthy environment.
Assistant to independent contractor
Assistant to Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJune 14, 2017
A typical day of work would be showing up to the work site at 8am and start working non stop on different construction related tasks such as remodeling, painting and electrical wiring.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No Health Care
Enjoyable place to work
Scheduler/Intake (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 9, 2017
this job is a great place to work. My co workers work together to complete tasks and make the day go by with as little glitches as possible. We are like a big family.
Pros
happy place to work
Cons
my travel one way is over an hour
outpatient lab
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 30, 2017
I enjoyed my job as a phlebomist. I worked with all ages. Drawing blood and making sure all blood specimens were drawn right for testing. i also used soft and epic entry
my on-call experience
Shipping Associate (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMay 25, 2017
A typical day at work for me was having some of the workers mistake the merchandise i would have to package because i would have to stop my work & figure out a way to fix their mistake. It would waste my time of my job that needs to be done.
Pros
good schedule, friendly employees
Cons
short breaks, no benefits
My own Private event flair bartending project
Flair Bartender (Traveling Flair Bartender) (Current Employee) –  WorldwideMay 22, 2017
I have been performing and doing private events for over a year. I have an excelent profit, a great time and happy permanent costumers. My experience talks by itself.
Pros
I manage my own times and money.
Cons
Non stop schedules.
Generally Comfortable, Some Misguided Managment
RESIDENT SUPPORT STAFF (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 13, 2017
During my time at Catholic Community Services of Western Washington. I was generally treated well. I was asked to do projects that were not in my job description and did not receive extra compensation for the work and was sexually harassed by a co-worker without any intervention. My immediate manager displayed extremely poor communication skills and was unsupporteive, but her superiors were all very kind people and treated me appropriately (though it angered my immediate supervisor that I went above her head so often).
Pros
slow paced, comfortable atmosphere
Cons
Some poor management, no benefits (due to on-call status).
Good part time job.
Project Attorney (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 5, 2017
Nice break room, stocked with snacks. Alot of lunches provided on Fridays. Flexible scheduling is a major plus, but work starts and stops on a dime. Good part time job.
very good work ethics
Electrician Helper (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 24, 2017
It is not a bad thing for them to be on call there are a lot of people in this world yhat has to move around to make end meet that's just the way we live
good
Cons
very good
Flexible hours, in a well balanced, challenging team work environment. Co-workers were intelligent, hard working and genuinely considerate people.
Billing Coordinator/Finance Dept. (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNApril 19, 2017
My typical day consisted of AR cycled Ledes billing coordination in third party software programs, AR statement follow up, daily interfacing within Internal systems and coordination with satellite office administrators regarding AR.

Ledes billing was challenging because I had to master many different billing software as each client had their own preference to submit legal bills.

The hardest part of my job was keeping on top of the follow up. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with such awesome, positive business people.
lack of advancment , good staff , friendly
Night shift, RN staff nurse (Current Employee) –  Aegis of marymoor ,Redmond waMarch 21, 2017
Arrive check report ,go visit residents who request nurse , have problems or who are on alert this list , take vs assessments ,pass med, help C.S

work with sence of urgency

management that has lack of health care knowlege

the patients, their families , and fun group of staff
Pros
close to my house, free parking, staff partys, good health care benifits
Cons
poor organization of nurse tasks, lack of suport from management
Good Addition to Experience, added skills
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 13, 2017
I was able to train associates. Peer to Peer mentoring, Value added to my resume. salary better than minimum wage, Zero recognition for superior performance.
Pros
Value added skills.
Cons
No commission for sales. Just base salary.
Start-up with limited funding
Information Technology Intern (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CA 95240January 31, 2017
Working here was a good experience, but the company had limited funding, which translates into unpredictable employment. The majority of all the employees were put on the status of "On-Call", even the employees who started working before I came on board.
productive
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 28, 2016
i cleaned houses for people i knew at church.when they needed me to clean they would just call me.I would usually clean kitchens bathrooms. living rooms and dining rooms.
Pros
worked around my schedule
Cons
was only called when needed
Great environment, funny coworkers
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 16, 2016
I love working here when they need me, it's quiet and active all at the same time. the office crew is very friendly and will take the time to teach you whatever you need to make the job easier
Hospice Medical Social Worker
Hospice Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 11, 2016
This is one amazing place. I have an on call phone that i check my emails on and take calls. I triage over the Phone however if there is an issue that needs my presence then i go to the home. I also write case notes on the interactions that i have.
productive and diverse
Member Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 13, 2016
I worked at this site while I was pregnant. My occupation was Member Services Coordinator I, at the front desk. Some days went by fast, some were slow, but there was always something we can do.
Great company to work for. Very flexible with work schedule.
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 3, 2016
My work is on-call. Very flexible with work schedule and availability. Good company to work with. Employees are appreciated
Pros
Very flexible work schedule.
Cons
Not enough available work.
high corporate atmosphere
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 22, 2016
Supposed to be Nurse On Call, not a good place to work at all, unless you want to be told what you can do and can't do. Corporate atmosphere all around