We are looking for the right people to become a members of our professional team. The ideal candidate is a detail oriented self-starter and thrives in a fast-paced environment. Candidates must possess excellent written and oral communications skills, be friendly, outgoing and enthusiastic with a 'never say quit' attitude. Candidates should be natural problem solvers, flexible and adaptive, ready to accommodate the needs of customers and coworkers.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Scheduling patients for procedures
- Confirming scheduled appointments
- Verify insurance and submit insurance claims
- Post and collect payments
- Collect on past due balances
- Produce reports as needed
- Handle the phone, reception duties and patient follow-up needs
- Print, maintain and update daily appointment schedules
- Light cleaning, filing, faxing and other duties as assigned
Applicant must be reliable, timely, and organized. Experience in a dental office is preferred. We want to talk to you if you are focused and work well in a fast-paced environment and meet the following qualifications: Exceptional customer service skills a must. Type a minimum of 45 words per minute. Be able to pass a substance abuse screening test if required. Lift 30 pounds, stand for one hour or more and walk up 2 flights of stairs. Possess a high school diploma or GED, Associates degree preferred. Administrative experience in a dental office preferred. Working knowledge and/or experience with Eaglesoft dental operations software a definite plus.
Email your resume and a cover letter that explains why you believe you are a good fit for this position. We offer an excellent compensation package. Please indicate the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your correspondence. Resumes must be received no later than July 17, 2013. EOE