On Lok Lifeways Employee Reviews

Enrollment
Enrollment and Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 9, 2017
Horrible work experience. Very disorganized. Worst job. Run. Don't accept job. I'm surprised they are still around. No one knows what they are doing. Not what they seem to appear.
Pros
non
Cons
everything
Good company to get experience then leave for a better job
CONFIDENTIAL (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 15, 2016
If you need to break-in and get experience then this is a good place to go. Co-workers are great but it is not a good company to stay with long term. Many current employees are unhappy and looking to change.
Pros
-Great friendly co-workers, On Lok provides a great service to the senior community, Easy to get in due to high turnover rates, Good place to get experience to find a better job later on
Cons
-Pay is below standard and raises are infrequent and don't amount to much anyways, Benefits are minimal, Amenities are minimal (no coffee or even water in the staff lounge!), Very high turnover rate which leads to having to train many new employees, Some employees are under skilled at their jobs, No loyalty to employees leads to high turnover (which is why there are few long term employees left), No Christmas bonus, Employees not recognized for contributions, Recent changes have made management more corporate like in management style
Super busy office
Program Managment (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 4, 2016
Everyone who works for On Lok is passionate about helping people, but work/life balance will be thrown off. Everyone is very nice and helpful, but not much training is given on the front end.
Pros
Benefits, passionate people
Cons
work long hours, bad work/life balance, low pay
Center Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 20, 2015
I've learned to multi-task in all areas of center operation, front desk, as well as medical records. We all work as a team. The hardest part of the job is coordinating service with families who have distanced themselves from their responsibilities. The most enjoyable part is the heartwarming feeling of helping the elderly. On Lok Lifeways has a very supportive environment and encourages internal and external growth.
Pros
Good management team, but staff needs diversity
Cons
Too centered on specific ethnic groups
An innovative management and program operations team
Provider Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 15, 2015
On Lok Lifeways is an innovative senior care plan with a passion for to care for frail seniors, leader in health care, knowledgeable staff that are leaders in their field. Developed the workplace with the employee in mind. Across all levels, the employees believed in the mission and vision of the organization.
Pros
Location, access to public transportation and management
Team work is the key word at On Lok. Co-workers are reliable and professional
Center Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 18, 2015
A frenzy of phone calls from participants, their families, providers and transportation issues that require a juggling act to keep operation as smooth as possible. I've learned to multi-task in all areas of center operation, front desk, as well as medical records. We all work as a team. The hardest part of the job is coordinating service with families who have distanced themselves from their responsibilities. The most enjoyable part is the heartwarming feeling of helping the elderly.
Pros
Finally, we moved into our new building with our own lunch room
Cons
Not enough time for lunch.
OnLok
Social Worker Aide (Current Employee) –  SF, CADecember 23, 2014
It's a very flexible schedule job.
I enjoy working with the seniors patients.
Work Condition
Community Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  San FranciscoSeptember 15, 2014
Established new partnership network with community health care organizations to gain awareness of program. Assisted with Clinic Specialist to identify the appropriate the patient type. Increase referral resources and contacts to increase clients transfers. The enjoyment is helping out the patients to find the appropriate health service
Pros
Helping out the patients
Very supportive environment
Health Plan Enrollment and Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoAugust 4, 2014
fun place to interact with people
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  san francisco/ 225 30th street.June 10, 2014
well I serve meals to over 250 senior citizens. I enjoy helping people. I feel that senior citizens where once young and in the passed went threw a lot to make life more easy for me & so many of the younger generation of today, & now that they are older I just want to give back by volunteering my free time & assisting these great of our pass time. it's a very fun duty, & I feel good when those people say to me "Thank You" young man then I say "thank you for all you have done for my generation.
Pros
just satifaction
Cons
no cons