ON Semiconductor Employee Reviews

* coming in start on Travel for the VP's or Travel

* The Agile program

* Smooth place to work

* Interview Schedule

* Making sure VP's get to the destination and have the travel done correctly and make sure that there stay is a good one.
Pros
Free Lunch -Jackets - T-Shirt
Cons
Ability to work in areas that interest you
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 14, 2017
The company provides a platform to pursue your interests. Have the ability to try new and different areas. Company execution on products is sometimes questionable. They take on more than they can chew
Lots of work and long hours
Operator Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 20, 2017
I very much enjoyed walking into work and being able to make a plan for my next 12 hours. I would be able to look at the que of production and know what I needed to do to work smarter not harder. Each area had jobs that had to be done, so I would often like to hop around where help was needed to get stuff done.
Pros
Great pay.
Cons
The 12 hour rotating shifts were hard to work with.
Productive and a fun place to work
Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 15, 2017
Great place to learn and grow your skills. Your hard work is appreciated. A lot of opportunities to do volunteering work and contribute to the society.
It was a fun place to work.
Manufacturing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 7, 2017
They are closed in the USA. My day started with a meeting, then out to the fab to align targets on circuits they built. The management were good leaders and personable. The culture was relaxed and the employees were very helpful to each other. The hardest part of the job was working there 12 hours and then going to school for four to six hours. It wasn't every day and night, that is what I was most grateful for.
Pros
Free lunches all the time and they gave movie tickets away.
Cons
They closed up shop.
Fun and not a bad place, but lot of politics
Manufacturing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDFebruary 22, 2017
I have worked here for several years and am a great employee. I have really tried to advance into a particular job, but unfortunately I have been denied several times. I am a great employee and would really like to advance, but the management doesn't seem to think so.

Now my father used to work here for many years, and this one particular manager and him did not get along at all. Well to my surprise this manager is the head of the area I would like to advance my career in, but that is not happening.

Now this is very unethical, but this is something that is really hard to prove and to even bring up to the company.

I have only met this gentlemen twice or so, and its only been a couple of "hi s" and "how are you doing". I guess I could go to another area, but this area works best with my degree.

Other then that I feel it is a great place to work with a good schedule and not a bad atmosphere.
Pros
Great schedule, ok compensation
Cons
Advancement in career is not good
Good Company to work for
Product Line Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 8, 2017
Decent Company, Great compensation, Good Ethics
Always there is something to solve and there are good set of bright individuals around you
Pros
Almost everything
decent place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDDecember 13, 2016
work is generally the exact same thing over and over again for months to years at a time.there is a high turnover rate in the area i work. there is no added compensation for a person who gets a degree unless it happens that you get promoted.
Pros
good people
Cons
not that great of pay and a bad review system
Process Engineer - Wafer thinning (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 5, 2016
Not micromanaged at ON. Your input was considered valuable.
Learned to work with cross functional teams.
Management did not interfere with day to day activities
Everybody pretty much knew each other and worked together to meet the department/company goals.
Hardest part of the job was when they moved the fab to Malaysia
Pros
Great people to work for and with
Cons
closing down
Productive n fun work place
Manufacturing Specialist (Former Employee) –  MalaysiaNovember 29, 2016
Comfotable working enviroment, good benefits ex:- medical for employee and family, transport, free lunch..4working days per week 3days off..able to spend time with family.
Pros
Free lunch, medical and transport
Cons
Short break
ON has a large pool of very talented employees but most are treated as just another asset to the company.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 23, 2016
They seem only concerned about costs and the next acquisition, then revert to cost containment measures at any dip in the market.
Horrible place to work
MT (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDOctober 17, 2016
no standards for behavior. I work with a bunch people with anger issues, who are complete socialpaths. Litterally stalked my house for three months after I quit. had to move to another state becuase they would not leave me alone.
I have social anxity. Apparently that's offensive. So there's a group of cliquey. A holes. Who follow me around screaming out insults for twelves hours. Got told to go home and kill myself. Reported to management and the supervisor just told me to stop being such a cry baby. Got seven people to follow me around screaming out insults all night. I finally quit. And they stalked my residences for three months.
They are a bunch of narrasaic socialpaths. It's a Second junior high school. A lot of them use it as an opportunity to prove what dirt bags they are.
Complained to hr. They won't fire anyone. It's a joke.
You will wake up every morning wanting to blow your head off just to get out of being in the same building as a lot of those people
Pros
Benifits use to be good
Cons
I'm working at a call center job now and it's heaven compheard to dealing with those socialpaths.
Good place
Consultant, Oracle DBA/Apps DBA (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 13, 2016
Good place to work. Worked on latest technology. Other colleagues are good. Very flexible and reasonable pay master. Good place to learn and good work satisfaction.
Experience in many applied physics fields resulted in multiple very wide range device patent applications
Sr. Principle Device Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 9, 2016
Wide range of devices allowed to look at Si based industry at completely different angle. Found many interesting intersections and similarities between very different devices.Finally managed leverage my multi physics experience
Low morale, lack of management action
Material Handler/Project Leader (Current Employee) –  Gresham, ORAugust 13, 2016
Great co-workers, sloth-like management, low pay, lacking benefits.
Compressed work schedule, extremely number based performance review.
Good and Bad
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 12, 2016
It is a company full of great people with strong engineering talent and a good reputation for quality and integrity. However, the culture is not managed well and is not consistent across departments. The development of leadership skills is not emphasized nor managed well. There is not a good internal system for promoting nor developing talent.
Pros
Stability - the company is doing well and continues to grow
just a stock option
Manufacturing Technologist (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDJune 30, 2016
the managers and supervisors can be friendly. Anyone can do any job in the fab. with co-workers it reminds me of highschool drama and shenanigans. Hardest part is staying awake at times. Most enjoyable is when your weekend arrives.
Pros
vacation
Cons
not treated like a person
Cafe is good
Staff digital design engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 22, 2016
On-site Cafe is plus. I enjoy lunch meals, lunch-chat and after-lunch small walk with team workers. A friendly place to work.
Excellent Internship Opportunities
Applications Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 10, 2016
Worked with the SSG (sub-group of ON Semi) as an intern for one year. Compensation was excellent for an internship position, the hours were flexible as they understand you are a student, and co-workers were all kind and fun to hang out with.
Temp Job
Manufacturing Tech (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 16, 2016
Temp position. It was an older technology company needed up dating. There too short of a time to review. I wasn't there but 3 months.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ON Semiconductor. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval