ON Semiconductor Employee Reviews in United States

ON Semiconductor - where careers go to die!
Business Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, CASeptember 1, 2015
Mediocre company with mediocre products and inept senior management all the way to the top. Best described as "good ol' boy's" club. If you can trace your origins from the "Motorola days" and preferably live in Phoenix, watch out!
Pros
Competitve compensation
Cons
Uninspiring work culture
I enjoy the atmosphere of the small community
Manufacturing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gresham, ORFebruary 13, 2016
It's not hard to know people from various shifts. compared to some companies I have worked for, this is a small intimate family.

I love the 12 hour shifts, I have been doing them for about 14 years or so. I enjoy the feedback from management. I didn't get this from other companies, in fact other companies made you feel that they weren't approachable. Here the department manager comes in on a regular basis to get updates and feed back from the workers. that's cool.

I have learned through the years, that a good supervisor and manager will learn and take full advantage of an individual's strengths. I am considered to be one of the unusual members of the team due to my love for running the microscope. I have ran the microscope for 13 of my 14 years in this industry and I love finding and containing defects.
Pros
I love the 12 hour shifts and having 3 and 4 days off per week.
Cons
the industry is not keeping up with the rise in cost of living.
good to work
Equipment Engineer (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesOctober 14, 2015
the employees are hard working and friendly with supportive managers. The benefits are also competitive compared to other company
Pros
flexible breaks
Cons
no overtime
Strong company
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Gresham, ORSeptember 25, 2015
Strong company. Stable and competative with comp and benefits. Strong leadership. Good focus on leadership development. Can be short sighted in making decisions.
Pros
Large, stable
Cons
Needs to focus on driving current best practices
Good place to learn but perhaps not for growth...
Product Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 23, 2015
There are a lot of talented engineers in the workforce but most of them are too busy doing their own things. Therefore, you end up learning a lot of things on your own.
Management is receptive to new ideas but execution of those ideas is poor and is usually lost in the pool of priorities.
Company benefits are good but I've heard of better for firms >10000 people.

Bottom line: This is a good place to start and fill your brain but you must decide when you've saturated since no one else will notice and guide you in a right direction. Management decisions are usually very emotional with some facts so you'll have to play the game if you want to get things done.
Pros
The people
Cons
Salary, Management decisions & accountability
ON Semiconductor
University Relations Internship Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 25, 2015
Company values employees, competitive salaries and benefits. It has been 15 years since I worked here, but only have positive memories of the corporate culture.
great co-workers, great company commitment to green environment,
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 29, 2016
The managers I supported were committed to the success of the company and committed to my success as well. They were very supportive in providing the resources necessary to complete all projects assigned to me. They were eager to give me kudos and acknowledge my value to the organization.
Pros
in house cafeteria, plenty of parking, bright and happy decor, plenty of natural light from windows
Cons
Integrity and respect for others environment.
Manufacturing specialist (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORApril 12, 2016
Quotes "say what you and do what you say", environment. Exchanged job knowledge with management, engineer, technician and coworker.Very low supervision where most every employees are competent or proficient on their assigned work responsibilities..
Pros
Respect for others
Cons
healhthcare
Excellent Internship Opportunities
Applications Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 10, 2016
Worked with the SSG (sub-group of ON Semi) as an intern for one year. Compensation was excellent for an internship position, the hours were flexible as they understand you are a student, and co-workers were all kind and fun to hang out with.
Great opportunity to learn
Sr. Design & Process Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 3, 2016
Learned a lot of skills and worked on some great projects. The team atmosphere is positive and there is a lot of work to keep you busy everday.
Good Place to Work
Mixed-Signal/Digital Design Flow Engineer (Current Employee) –  BrusselsApril 24, 2016
A typical day at work is to make sure the analog/digital design flow runs smoothly. I have a great team which supports each other when it comes to work.
Great Company!
Senior Layout Designer (Former Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIJune 7, 2015
This has been a great company to work for. Salary and compensation was above average in my opinion and the environment was friendly.
Productive and fulfilling place to work
Site GM and Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 23, 2015
Managing Plant Operations including all of manufacturing. Manufacturing operates 24/5 and includes Wafer Fabrication, Wafer Probe, Assembly and Package Test. My co-workers are very dedicated employees who are excited about their work and what their contribution brings. The plant while older is kept in excellent condition owing to building maintenance. As the senior manager at this site, I take pride in meeting all of the demands of the factory.
Badly managed
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 24, 2016
They bought our business and ran it into the ground. I have always liked my job and what I contribute. But ON didn't keep up on there promises and have damaged our customer base
Temp Job
Manufacturing Tech (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 16, 2016
Temp position. It was an older technology company needed up dating. There too short of a time to review. I wasn't there but 3 months.
Fun First Job
Manufacturing Technologist (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDJanuary 31, 2016
Only work a few hours a week. Can start before 15 years old so great first job. I worked here from when I was 12 and was the richest 12 year old among my friends. Pretty chill just keep score for people shooting clay pidgins.
Good collaboration between IT andthe Business partners
Project & Portfolio Mgmt, and Quality & Compliance (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 22, 2012
Early in my career at ON Semiconductor, it appeared that learning new skills and job advancement was possible. With changes in management, it is no longer so. The reward for woking hard and getting projects completed is to be removed from most projects or given so little responsibility that it is clear that working hard does not pay off and the people being rewarded are those who don't perform, but to keep them on payroll they are rewarded with new experiences.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no advancement and no reward for hard work and consistent results
Good starting job
Manufacturing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORFebruary 21, 2016
I enjoyed working with other employees at On Semiconductor. The place is nice and clean. Managers and supervisors were nice.
Poor Culture
Implant maintenance (Former Employee) –  GreshamMay 21, 2012
Benefits are average for the industry, Average pay, the Gresham site is the flag ship of the company so it will continue to produce wafers at low cost for them. Management is all about them self, not the company nor there employee's. Shift schedules are compressed and you get a lot of time off which is a plus. The culture at site is very poor no one cares about the goals of where the company is headed, they are all there for a pay check this included all of the Gresham site management team.
Pros
great time off if your a shift worker
Cons
very poor atmosphere
Productive place to work at
Sales Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 14, 2016
ON Semiconductor provides an atmosphere that allows one to be very productive with their work. Everybody is willing to help each other out.