On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina Employee Reviews

Good place
Key Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 2, 2017
I loved working here. Th only reason I left was due to moving to a town that did not have an OTB for me to xfer to . I would recommend it t anyone. ...
good server expirence
Server (Former Employee) –  Buford, GANovember 22, 2017
enjoyed working here. sometimes they have you do extra things you don't get payed to do. never schedule enough people so everyday is hectic even if its not busy/
Fast Paced, Multitasking Job
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXNovember 14, 2017
Being a waitress is not easy. On The Border was my first experience of being a server and it was the best thing for me. It taught me how to manage my money. It is very fast paced and you have to know how to multitask.
fun environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDNovember 2, 2017
fun environment, likable co-workers, good management. everyone works together as a well oiled team. we are like a family, a little dysfunctional, but we get along and do our jobs well.
Pros
food discounts
Cons
low hours
Fun
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOOctober 19, 2017
Management was fun as a service manager but the general manager was a bully. Other than that, a top company to work for! Helping servers and cooks out was fun as well!
Good job
SERVER AND TO-GO SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 22, 2017
Fun restaraunt job with flexible hours and fun staff. good pay with tips and always worked with my schedule to fit my needs. Always busy which made the time fly by
Very fast paced place to work at.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 10, 2017
The management could be better than it is. To be a server you must be 18 years of age or older considering there are alcoholic beverages. There were underage servers and managers would act unprofessionally at times. One male manager would say inappropriate things to underage female employees. The managers would pick and choose favorites and give employee shifts away without consulting the employee.
Pros
Discounts, learn to interact with different kinds of people, always on feet
Cons
Low pay, bad hours, bad management
Fast paced job
Server/ Bartender (Current Employee) –  Orange, CTSeptember 6, 2017
I have been working here since 2008 and the people that I have become close with over the years, especially the guests, I will be forever grateful. The managers are wonderful.
Sales, Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 14, 2017
I have no negatives to list about my time at On The Border. It truly is a good company to work for, and made me a much better server. I loved my coworkers, managers and the company itself, but ultimately couldn't see myself continuing to sling commercialized Tex-Mex food.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Good food and prices
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75205July 21, 2017
On the border is good for a first job not for long term they are easily irritated once you mess up no coming back to the good side if they want you to quit they cut your hours drastically
Pros
Free shift lunch
Cons
No breaks as a hostess no communication
Good company to work for.
Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 14, 2017
The Lubbock location is a horrible place to work. Hard to staff & all managers working on their own agendas instead of a cohesive team to accomplish company goals.
If your going to work here work at the new brunswick nj location
Server (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJuly 12, 2017
The one in kissimme Florida is always dead, and management has no idea what they are doing half the time, no money here. In New Brunswick, the managment is very cool, it is constantly busy which can be very stressful at times, but the money was worth it, would work 4 shifts a wek and make minimum 700 dollars.Co workers were amazing, really worked as a team.
Awesome place to work!
Server (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJuly 5, 2017
Super busy restaurant. Very fast paced. I loved it! I worked with fun upbeat people and if I had any questions I could always find someone with the answer.
Pros
Upbeat
Cons
Overall its a great place to work but everyone has their moments where enough is enough.
Server (Current Employee) –  Avon, INJuly 5, 2017
Just looking for a new start or fresh start. Would be open to working two jobs until I find the one that suits me best. I'm a go getter and on the border is fast paced.
Pros
The work is easy
Cons
The hecticness gets out of control
Great place to get started and stay for a while
Waitress and Bartender (Current Employee) –  Mira Mesa, CAJune 30, 2017
Fast paced and a lot of work. Run your own food (apart from busy weekend nights you may have help) and drinks, decent tips and good atmosphere. My coworkers are the real reason i've stayed at this job for so long.
Great place to start
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARJune 19, 2017
If your new to management or casual dining this a great place to start off, they are growing fast. 55 hrs base workweek bonus potential is pretty good, pretty good budgets as far as that goes.
Pros
Close at 10 most nights, lack of accountability
Cons
lack of accountability, insurance is bad
Great place to be
Manager (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSJune 15, 2017
Out of my professional career this has to have been my favorite place to work. I love the atmosphere and the food. A truly remarkable place to work for.
Productive Workplace
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 13, 2017
Its a fun and challenging place to work. Just like any other job you have your ups and downs but for the most part you will be challenged with marketing, recruiting and personnel. You must have great attitude and discipline to handle the things that may come your way. The people are great, customers and crew!
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Health Care
The new Applebee's
Kitchen Manager/Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOJanuary 26, 2017
They say they want their staff to do the right thing, but corporate management is do as I say not as I do! If you want a decent paying job with more issue's than you can shake a stick at, then OTB is the place for you. OTB's enjoys to coupon so it bring a difficult cliental for you to experience.
Pros
They paid well
Cons
Upper management is all over the place
Productive workplace with a strong culture and fun atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 19, 2017
In a typical work week I oversee and mange the day-today activities throughout the restaurant. During my time as manager I have successfully developed my socially skills and my ability to interact with patrons and solve any problems that may arise.