On The Border Employee Reviews in United States

Super fun work experience, great guests, awesome employees!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 3, 2016
Work stayed pretty busy, i enjoy multi-tasking and having something to do. The management was pretty cool, they all work together to make On the Border a great experience.
Working in the On The Border
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64151August 2, 2016
A typical day working was entering at 5.00p.m preparing tacos, salad, burritos, etc. I learn to prepare mexican cusine and mangament I sometime see the boss most of the time working with the managers. Co- workers didnt help me that much I have to figure out, The hardest part of the job is cleaning the fryers because we do not have proper equipment and can be dangerous. The mos enjoyable part of the job is that we get out of the restaurant by 12.00p.m. of the night.
Pros
They offer full time benefiets, healthcare and vacations.
Cons
What we can eats is very limited.
Unstable work place
HOST/HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 22, 2016
I enjoyed the people I worked with but didn't like the few hours given as a host. They didn't have concerns if you needed to work more hours.
n/a
Hostess (Current Employee) –  4855 beltline rd addison,txJune 11, 2016
I'm a hostess. I host guests to their seats based on rotation of what waiter/tress is placed in certain sections of the restaurant and everyone's sections are evenly occupied. I gather all unused menus, take them back to the hostess stand to wipe clean for new guests to use. Roll silverware if silverware bin is low/out of silverware. Make sure bathrooms are clean and also take out trash.
Pros
management is great, good environment, fast-paced at times during lunch/dinner rush
Cons
short shifts if it's slow
Flexible scheduling, fast pace, and caring management
Server/bartender (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 6, 2016
I worked for On the border for about 7 years and I loved it. The co-workers were awesome, cooks were friendly, and management actually cared about you and your tenure with the company. The worst parts about On the Border was the abundant amount of side work while only being paid $2.13 hourly. Over my time with On the border I made a lot of friends both co-workers and guest alike. I was able to sharpen my service skills and customer relations.
Pros
Flexible schedule, fast pace, fun work enviroment
Cons
Not enough pay for the amount of side work you have to do as a server.
Great place to learn how to cook.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 30, 2016
Working here helped me develop cooking skills that have been able to help me provide for myself through school.

The general manager was lacking but the other managers helped make the experience more enjoyable.
Enjoyable work environment, fast pace
Server (Current Employee) –  Grandville, MIMay 26, 2016
Overall On the Border is a great place to work. I have increased my knowledge on time management greatly working here. My co-workers, servers, bartenders, cooks, hosts are generally amazing people who all work together as a team. The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job are the same, keeping a smile on your face even when you may not want to.
Pros
Awesome co-worker friendships
Cons
Missed compensation
Productive And Fun Workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 24, 2016
The managers are great with working with employees when it comes unexpected events that has happen to them. It has a very relaxing vibe to it
Fun but bad management
Server (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 10, 2016
Just wasn't fun to work at because of the management system and its inefficiencies.I learned how to help customers and how to serve tables. The hardest part was running out of ingredients and having to improvise with meals. The most enjoyable part was the people.
Great Atmosphere
Server (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 29, 2016
I was always a leader and was treated as such, the managers always had the good of the company,employees, and customers in mind.

Want to know more about On The Border?

Ask a question
Fun environment
Catering Director (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 8, 2016
I was promoted from within the company. I was a server and now I am the head of my catering department. It has given me a chance to experience the business world. On a daily basis, I am building relationships which is something I am very good at. I am thankful for my current position because it has given me the courage to use my sales and communication skills in my future career.
Pros
Management team
Cons
catering assistants
Fun and fastpaced
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 24, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working here. The pace was awesome and we had a great management team!! Team members were fun and the environment was a very fun and upbeat one!!
Pros
Food and coworkers
Cons
nothing really.
Well ran and fun work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXMarch 24, 2016
A typical work day at On The Border could best be described as enjoyable. I went to work every day knowing that I was going to make money, but also be surrounded by very positive and fun coworkers as well managers. I have learned that customer service comes very natural to me and I enjoy being around people and serving them as well. The hardest part about the job is when you get in the weeds and you start freaking out. I have noticed when you freak out because you are busy, the guest notice that and it could effect your tip or even there experience. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you are making good money and having fun at the same time. The management at On The Border was good. I liked all of my managers and got along with all of them very well.
Pros
positive work environment
Cons
long hours when closing
kitchen manager
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 14, 2016
§ Accountable for controlling labor costs, food costs, and daily operations.
§ Fostered an environment in which guests enjoyed high levels of service.
§ Motivated team members to meet high performance goals.
Pros
excellent training
Cons
exceptional amount of hours worked.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 9, 2016
Typical day at work would be assisting the restaurant in any way possible in order to ensure a smooth shift and a great customer experience.
good place to work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARMarch 8, 2016
good place to work loved the people and the atmosphere. My typical day at work started around 4pm and thru dinner time. Learned to work more as a team. Management was good. Co-workers were great people. Hardest part was getting off so late at night. And the most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new faces everyday.
Very active workpplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 8, 2016
I did a lot of prep in the kitchen, cleaned the fryers and made sure all of the fried foods were prepped as well. I developed more of a sense of urgency while working here the year I did.
Fun Workplace
Service Manager, Currently Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJFebruary 25, 2016
Good company to work for continually looking to improve and grow. Great upbeat atmosphere; Good 401k, benefits, and vacation.
fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 23, 2016
gets very busy at times and you have to be able to move quickly. Management was really hard on certain people and played favortism
good restuarant
Server (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARFebruary 3, 2016
I worked here for 2 years. It was my first serving job, I made very good money. I loved the managers and my coworkers. Left this job because of the hours and was hired on at marshalls
Pros
half off food
Cons
no hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at On The Border. Our community is ready to answer.