On The Border

On The Border United States Employee Reviews

Its not that fun but its a job.
Server's Assistant (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCApril 24, 2015
Pros: 50% off on food
Cons: the low pay
normally real busy, consistent work. I've learned to have patience with people. The managers are very hands on. My co-workers isn't bad. You can build good relationships. The most enjoyable part of my job is the fact that you can meet some incredible people from time to time that come on a consistent basis.
Dealing with rude customers, but making good tips
Server (Former Employee), Burleson, TXApril 22, 2015
A typical day at work was waiting tables, taking orders, bringing them out and taking payments on their checks, and cleaning. I made a few friends from there, and I liked that I could write my own schedule pretty much, But I didn't like that employees came and gone all the time, including management. There would be a new person every month it seemed. The hardest part was dealing with the rude customers and the ones who walked out on their check!
It was a rather fun place to work
Waiter/Server (Former Employee), Roanoke, TXApril 6, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: scheduling
I hadn't worked in the service industry for quite a few years.
It was refreshing working with a younger crowd,and interacting with new people..co-workers and guests.
Really enjoyed this job
Server/Customer Service (Former Employee), Sherwood, ARApril 3, 2015
I loved the whole management crew. They were very friendly and were not condescending. I felt respected and wanted here. I loved working with people and how much business came through those doors.
diverse fast paced environment
Server (Current Employee), Meridian, IDMarch 31, 2015
Good people, environment, I learn something new from my customers each and every day. The general manager is a straight shooter who makes learning the customer service excellence easy. I work with many different age groups that keeps me on my toes.
This restaurant could use some work
Server (Former Employee), Paramus, NJMarch 30, 2015
A typical work day was 5-6 hours. The employees run the show for the most part. The managers favorites would get away with almost anything including openly harrassing other co-workers. There have been many fights on premise during a shift which where not handled by management in anyway.
Nice place to work
Server (Former Employee), Mesa, AZMarch 18, 2015
Pros: great food
Cons: seasonal job
Made some life long friends. Had a nice atmosphere and family oriented environment. Had outside activities for the staff to enjoy on their day off.
Decent place to work for
Shift Manager, Catering Director, Trainer (Current Employee), Wichita, KSMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Fun, fast paced place to work
Cons: lots of side work, tiring shifts, no gratuity
On the Border is a decent company to work for. For management they work long hours, and are expected to put in very many hours a week with a very weak and unattainable bonus program. For the service staff, the company expects a lot out of the servers. The servers are required to bus their tables, do a lot of sidework, and still maintin their tables. The company also does not allow the servers to add gratuity to tables.
Don't work here
Server (Former Employee), Columbia, MDMarch 16, 2015
Pros: there are no pros. you work almost 12-13 hours a day and you get maybe 2 hours break in between, which doesn't make sense.
Cons: list goes on.
The job is too stressful with no organization. The amount of emphasis on chips and salsa as a free appetizer and constantly refilling them on a Friday and Saturday night while maintaining five needy tables is just too much for someone to manage properly. It's why they have a massive amount of customer complaints. I understand customers are extremely needy now, but adding to the disaster by assigning two people per ten table section with no emphasis on who gets what tables is a headache and always bound to fail. The worst part was the management. They obviously were too stressed out and the over aggressive assistant manager does not have an ounce of actual leadership skills. Her attitude and professionalism is beyond her position and should have been fired long before hand.
Very fun place to work
Server (Former Employee), 1220 Market Place Irving, Texas 75063March 12, 2015
On the Border has very diverse environment and a variety of work oportunities to work in. On the border's management in some areas would just need improvement
Great management and good company to work for
Shift Manager, Catering Director, Trainer (Current Employee), Wichita, KSMarch 8, 2015
On The Border is a good company to work for, yet they require the managers to work many hours. They also do not give bonuses to their managers.
Fun place to work
Bartender / Corporate Trainer (Former Employee), Independence, MOMarch 4, 2015
I wouldn't consider it a career, but it was a good job to pay the bills. The hours aren't horrible, and I made great money for a corporate restaurant.
Fantastic management and coworkers
Server (Former Employee), Concord, NCMarch 2, 2015
I loved working at OTB, although it does start to become your life, the environment I was in, the management team I worked under, and the coworkers I worked with made it all worthwhile.
Not that busy but good place to get started
Server/Waiter (Former Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: half off food, good location, good people
Cons: bad management, no moving up, favoring
Co-workers again were excellent. Management needed work and more experience with motivating and teaching. Customers were ok and the pay was ok.
Great Team of People
Host (Former Employee), Leawood, KSFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: 50% off of food orders
Everyone gets along and it's a great environment to work in. The job is a little harder than you might think, but once you work hard, you can excel in this job.
Active & Fun place to work
Host, Server, and Trainer (Former Employee), Waco, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Always a good time here. Learned how to work as a part of a larger team, and how to be responsible on the job. Every day was fun, and the team really enjoyed working together.
Fun workplace but not enough hours given.
Cashier (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 22, 2014
Pros: got food for half the price, met new people
Cons: not given enough hours to work
A typical day at work consisted of taking orders through the phone and helping servers or greeting guests at the door whenever I wasn't busy putting together a to-go order. Working there I learned that some people will do whatever it takes to get their hands on money. The management was probably the worst, only one manager seemed to take his work serious. The GM seemed to not know how to do his job and over worked others while some where lacking hours to work. The hardest part of the job had to be trying to get two big dinner orders together for 10+ people each and trying to give them their order perfect and on time. The most enjoyable part of the job was being appreciated and thanked when the customers were satisfied with my service.
busy medical facility
Server (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 8, 2014
Pros: hr lunch
Cons: too see patients hurting
all over metro Oklahoma city, different locations, enjoyed making patients feel better. x ray and blood drawn
On the border is a great environment
Server (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXDecember 8, 2014
Pros: great food great guests
Cons: not busy enough
my day will started with checking your section and making sure it was clean and stocked for your shift management was always helpful to assist when needed. my co-workers there are also helpful for running food/drinks when asked and are also professional. hardest part of the job would be timing. just making sure that every table is well taken care of in the fastest order. I enjoy how corporate they are and how they want to make there employees happy.
Good workplace, great for college and high school students.
Server (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXDecember 7, 2014
Pros: good balance between work and free time
Cons: no benefits, tip oriented work
Easy work, decent money, great employees, good managment, decent hours.

1 2 3 4 5