On The Border

On The Border Employer Reviews

Not that busy but good place to get started
Server/Waiter (Former Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: half off food, good location, good people
Cons: bad management, no moving up, favoring
Co-workers again were excellent. Management needed work and more experience with motivating and teaching. Customers were ok and the pay was ok.
Great Team of People
Host (Former Employee), Leawood, KSFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: 50% off of food orders
Everyone gets along and it's a great environment to work in. The job is a little harder than you might think, but once you work hard, you can excel in this job.
Active & Fun place to work
Host, Server, and Trainer (Former Employee), Waco, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Always a good time here. Learned how to work as a part of a larger team, and how to be responsible on the job. Every day was fun, and the team really enjoyed working together.
Fun workplace but not enough hours given.
Cashier (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 22, 2014
Pros: got food for half the price, met new people
Cons: not given enough hours to work
A typical day at work consisted of taking orders through the phone and helping servers or greeting guests at the door whenever I wasn't busy putting together a to-go order. Working there I learned that some people will do whatever it takes to get their hands on money. The management was probably the worst, only one manager seemed to take his work serious. The GM seemed to not know how to do his job and over worked others while some where lacking hours to work. The hardest part of the job had to be trying to get two big dinner orders together for 10+ people each and trying to give them their order perfect and on time. The most enjoyable part of the job was being appreciated and thanked when the customers were satisfied with my service.
busy medical facility
Server (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 8, 2014
Pros: hr lunch
Cons: too see patients hurting
all over metro Oklahoma city, different locations, enjoyed making patients feel better. x ray and blood drawn
On the border is a great environment
Server (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXDecember 8, 2014
Pros: great food great guests
Cons: not busy enough
my day will started with checking your section and making sure it was clean and stocked for your shift management was always helpful to assist when needed. my co-workers there are also helpful for running food/drinks when asked and are also professional. hardest part of the job would be timing. just making sure that every table is well taken care of in the fastest order. I enjoy how corporate they are and how they want to make there employees happy.
Good workplace, great for college and high school students.
Server (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXDecember 7, 2014
Pros: good balance between work and free time
Cons: no benefits, tip oriented work
Easy work, decent money, great employees, good managment, decent hours.
Great Company
Key Manager, Shift leader, Catering Assistant (Current Employee), College Station, TXDecember 1, 2014
Thoroughly enjoyed the 6 years spent working for this restaurant. Job culture and management far exceeded the expectations of working in the service industry. This position has helped to strengthen my customer service skills and has definitely helped prepare me for my new career.
Busy restaurant and energetic
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee), Garland, TXNovember 30, 2014
This was by far my favorite job. The customers and co workers were always friendly and insightful! The management team was also helpful in ensuring my schedule went by the hours i had listed.
A great place to work good work/life balance
Senior Purchasing Manager (Current Employee), Irving, TXNovember 14, 2014
A great place to work. Clear job expectations are given the tools to meet goals.
A great place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee), Rocky Hill, CTNovember 12, 2014
Take reservations, greet customers, seats customers, distributes menus.

Take orders and act as a liaison between the kitchen and dining room.

Take customer's orders, serve food and beverages, prepare itemized checks.

Escort guests to tables, set up and clear tables.
Excellent
Server-Take care of customer needs (Former Employee), NYOctober 26, 2014
Working as part of a team was a great experience. I learned the value of customer satisfaction and making everyone's experience a valuable one.
Very fun place to work.
Server, Bartender, Catering Assistant (Current Employee), Leawood, KSSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: being able to take money home everyday
Cons: it is really hard to get a day off
On the border is a fun place to work. It has its peaks. The people I work with I love. I like working for on the border. I just need a more stable job.
Fun
Hostess (Former Employee), Edmond, OKSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: fun people
Cons: money
I loved the people that I worked with and it wasn't a hard job to do.
fun workplace
Hostess (Current Employee), Hicksville, NYSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: free lunch flexiable schedule
Cons: no cons
on the boader is a fun place to work everyone laughs and treat the guest that come in as family. I enjoy working here because when I go in im not unhappy about working or hating the managers I like the management skills they have and the way they treat the employees .And how they work with you if you every need help and not yell like most managers .
good place to work for beginners
Hostess (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches for employees
Cons: bad managers
i worked as a hostess, so my typical day of work was sitting people and greeting them, to interact with people, my co-workers were nice it was nice environment, was to deal with mean managers, that i got to eat their fabulous food.
Server (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2014
There is no typical day at work because every work day is different. Some days are busy and others are often slow.
I've learned a lot about the restaurant industry as well as more about myself in being able to tolerate it.
Management does there job.
Co-workers are co-workers, can't get along with everyone but we all are there for a purpose and one purpose only and that's to get the job done.
Hardest part of the job probably would be the busiest days, trying to get everything in control and in a timely manner.
The most enjoyable part of the job is making sure our guest had a positive experience.
great places to work
waitress (Former Employee), coloradoAugust 16, 2014
Pros: great people to work with.
waiting tables
customer service skills
great management
good people to work with
remembering names
helping customers
Sales developement
Field Marketing Director (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: i am given the freedom to develop program and lsm tactics that increase the sales of the restaurant.
Cons: job growth
I am responsible to support On The Border restaurants in the development of sales. I establish this through developing LSM programs that will benefit the restaurant in building sales through effective marketing tactics.

This is accomplished by working with hourly team members and the management team on programs to build sales and brand awareness.

This happens by visiting restaurants, e-mails and conferences call.

Overall my experience with On the Border is positive. My only issue is the lack of advancement.
Overall I Enjoyed My Time Working There
Hostess (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARAugust 13, 2014
working there taught me a lot about resturant business, it was fun i loved my co-workers, management not so much.

1 2 3 4 5