On The Border Employee Reviews

It's Alright
Host (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 23, 2017
The managers mostly leave the host and such to their own devices and don't hang over them overbearingly or act condescendingly. Generally nice folks with a good work-life balance, the managers will try to help you make money. However, waitstaff beware, because it is easy to get shouldered off into one of the outdoor sections, which can be hard to get any seats for whatsoever.

The employees generally help one another and are friendly. Drama-free environment. Host might sometimes feel as though they're doing the job of four people if the restaurant is understaffed, however. If you apply, consider pestering the managers about keeping a serve assistant on deck.

Day at work usually involves seating guests, wiping down menus, sweeping, restocking mints, and replacing toilet paper in the bathrooms. During rush hours, bussing tables and serving chips and drinks to guests may become necessary. Convincing customers to join the Cabana Club also important.

Most enjoyable part of job was probably none of it, but none of it was particularly unenjoyable either. Fairly standard work experience.
Pros
Occasional free food, free water while working
great place to work
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 22, 2017
On the border is a great place to work, many restaurant locations and very good food. Learned many traits working here like customer service and other skills as well that has helped me in my career.
Working at On the Border
Server (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 21, 2017
I worked with this company for almost 4 years at two different locations. I loved working with this company the whole time I was there. The only thing I would critique is that at on of the locations I worked at, the management seemed not to care too much. Other than that, I made great money and the staff was like family.
Pros
Great money, family like staff
Cons
Horrible management
I love it but I have to move on to Canada
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Texas usaJune 15, 2017
Please help me I need an visa to work in Canada I have money to pay my own rent fly and pay for all logistics job you don't have to spend any money to my I only need now offering and help with visa
Fun
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKJune 12, 2017
The job wasn't stressful what so ever , everything went fast-pace , the managers were great they worked with you on everything including time off. The coworkers helped whenever they could.
Drama
Server (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJune 12, 2017
There are a lot of rude and inconsiderate employees. If you're a server expect to make anywhere from 60-120$ a night, which is not too bad. However, the work environment personally is not worth it.
Average Restaurant Job
To go person (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MIJune 2, 2017
It was an average restaurant job with very insufficient wages. Low hourly wages with the chance to be tipped, which doesn't happen often. Stressful environment, not very rewarding.
OTB is a good place to work... as a last resort
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 1, 2017
The place is a good go to job. Working here can be difficult but you can definitely get a nights worth in tips. I worked many positions here throughout 2 years and would have to say To-Go is the most time worthy.
Pros
You are paid in tips
Cons
You are paid in tips
When i was there
To-Go Specialist/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJune 1, 2017
When I was there it has a lot of pressure because it was just opening and had to be open before it's original date because of thanksgiving. So everything was rushed. The managers were all running around like they knew what they were doing but had no idea. Team work played a huge part. But from what I hear they have new managers so hopefully it's better.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Business slow
Decent workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 31, 2017
Busy restaurants, management staff could be a little more understanding and on top of their servers in order to have a smoother workplace. Servers don't stay very long so its a lot of training for new people all the time.
Easy going work environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXMay 29, 2017
Management is laid back but very good making it fairly easy to work. Coworkers were great and everyone got along nicely. The job itself was simple and fun.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Scheduling was not consistent
great
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 25, 2017
great to work here. fast money and you learn a lot . if you want to work somewhere friendly and nice choose on the border. I love working here so much
First restaurant Job
Server/Food Runners (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAMay 25, 2017
I enjoyed working here because i loved the fast pace the constancy of the business . i left this job because when i started i started in a slow months and the money just wasn't making it for me.
Pros
Tips, co-workers, Customers, fast pace
Cons
Sometimes the money and the managers
Sloppy and unprofessional management.
Server (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 22, 2017
During the time I worked here my view of On the Border went downhill so fast. The management was unprofessional and was constantly meddling in their employees personal lives.
Not a great place to work.
Server (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKMay 22, 2017
Not very busy rushes, which meant not very great money, and the management was horrific. I would not recommend working here at all. The co-workers were great, but the management killed the environment for so many of the employees.
A lively place that is busy with great intertainment.
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Franklin, WIMay 4, 2017
I learn something new at my job everyday, Wether it's a switch up on the menu or a new special for the day. That's why it's important I am on time because our job switches up things all of the time. I get along with all of my managers. They are all nice and easy to work with. We have a lot of mixed races in our job. I like that because I have met a lot of different people working here. I believe that the hardest part of my job is sometimes learning new things rapidly. sometimes learning new items and deals can be stressful especially when it's busy. All in all I enjoy my job all around. The only reason for even wanting another job is because I need extra income. Somewhere more stable.
Pros
Flexble breaks, nice tips, great inviroment, and nice co workers.
Cons
No insurance, slow days, it's far from my house and at times long hours.
Good pay, good management, good atmosphere
Server (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXMay 2, 2017
The pay was average for a strong company, the atmosphere was incredible, and the management actually cared. I would come in, get ready for my shift, make sure I had the right amount of change, and get to work. After we got cut, we would clean our section, roll silverware, claim our tips, and leave.
doesnt even exist. Closed. not sure if its still a thing
Server (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMay 2, 2017
place closed like 4 months after i left. gave me my start at serving but other than that it was ok. Your ordinary mexican resturaunt job. It was better than retail.
Typical Restaurant
Server (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXApril 21, 2017
Not a great place to work but it is not a bad place either. Like most places with servers, the money is pretty much all made on tips so the better tips you earn the better off you'll be.
Good restaurant
To-Go, Hostess, Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 20, 2017
Fast paced restaurant with great tips. Can move up easily with the company. Many different positions to apply for and can be cross trained. Easy menu to learn.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at On The Border. Our community is ready to answer.