Under direct supervision, provides general nursing care for patients following established standards and practices. Maintains efficient patient flow, assists with patient care, i.e. vitals, assessments and procedures. Maintains physicians schedule and performs miscellaneous tasks assigned by physicians. Supports and adheres to the Oncure’s Compliance Program.
- Provides general nursing care to patients. Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with nursing standards.
- Explains procedures and treatments to patient to gain cooperation, understanding, and allay apprehension.
- Schedule all tests and initial simulation and maintain record of all tests ordered, fill out lab slips for patients under treatment and record weekly lab on chart front
- Administers prescribed medications, injections, and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques. Monitors and inventories medications.
- Prepares equipment and aids Physician during treatment and examination of patient
- Assists Physician in posturing, positioning and lifting patients during examination
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of patient.
- Observes patient, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or Physician of patient's condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal and assess condition of patient.
- Responds to life saving situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol
- Documents nursing history and physical assessment for assigned patients.
- Initiates a patient education plan according to the individualized needs of the patient, as prescribed by Physician and/or facility policy including patient and family instruction.
- Assesses patient/family needs and provides teaching and other instructional material. Demonstrates awareness of community resources available to patients and assists with referrals if necessary.
- Assists Physician with special procedures such as HDR, etc.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Graduate from an accredited school for vocational nursing.
- Current LVN state license and registration with the State Board of Vocational Nursing in practicing state.
- Current CPR certification required.
Indeed - 22 months ago