OnCall is a leading contract sales company operating in the biopharmaceutical industry. In partnership with a Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company client we have an immediate opening for a District Sales Manager in Houston, TX.
To develop and lead sales teams in the execution of sales strategies that drive recommendations and utilization of our client’s products.
Reports to the National Sales Manager. Manages a district’s sales force, and has direct supervisory responsibility for Pharmaceutical Sales Representatives. Works closely with National Sales Manager, peers and the home office to achieve sales objectives and to ensure the development of people.
- Work to develop a full understanding of the program goals, strategies and tactics and then execute the district business plan to achieve the fulfillment of Plan objectives/requirements. This includes account targeting, needs assessment, and program implementation.
- Execute district level account targeting strategy to fulfill account targeting requirements.
- Manage district resource allocation.
- Monitor district program/initiative effectiveness.
- Monitor performance against strategic account management objectives/directives.
- Ensure contractual requirements are met for the district (# of physician calls per day, # physicians seen with desired frequency, etc).
- Work with National Sales Manager, home office and others to share insight into program progress, issues, etc.
- Ensure appropriate level of coordination with home office to attain district business plan objectives.
- Review and audit expense reports.
- Evaluate appropriate use of district resources to ensure attainment of profitability goals.
- Develop and monitor performance against district budgets.
- Establish and oversee district implementation, and monitor adherence to administrative policies and procedures.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of administrative requirements.
ADHERE TO AND SUPPORT COMPANY POLICIES, PROCEDURES AND SALES/MARKETING DIRECTION.
- Monitor and reinforce the use of the Sales Force Automation System.
- Ensure timely and accurate transmission of all call data.
DEVELOPMENT OF PEOPLE/MANAGEMENT
- Fill open territories with high quality talent.
- Provide direct supervision, coaching and direction to between 10-12 sales representatives.
- Ensure that sales personnel have Performance Achievement Plans with annual goals and measurements that are consistent with the priorities of the business, and that interim reviews are held so that their work is focused on those priorities, and they understand their level of accountability for results and the measurement process.
- Manage the application and communication of all Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that development and training plans are in place for all reporting personnel to enable the achievement of goals.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- At least 5 Years Progressive Pharmaceutical/Healthcare Sales experience required
2 Years Previous Management experience required
- Prior OTC and Rx sales experience preferred
A minimum of 30% travel required in most areas
Significant record of sales accomplishments