1) Lays out, fabricates, and assembles upholstery, insulation, soundproofing, and interior trim items from assorted materials, according to specifications, using handtools, power tools, machines, and shop equipment: Stacks, aligns, and smooths materials on cutting table.
2) Draws cutting lines on materials, such as leather, fabric, rubber, cork, fiberglass, and plastic, following patterns, templates, sketches, or blueprints, using chalk, pencil, paint, or other method.
3) Cuts along marked lines, using power cutters, scissors, knives, or shears.
4) Drills or punches holes in material.
5) Sews, staples, glues, and cements materials to assemble upholstery or trim items, using handtools, power tools, machines, and equipment.
6) Attaches snap fasteners, grommets, buckles, cords, and other accessories to upholstery or trim items, using handtools or equipment.
7) Attaches binding or applies solutions to edges of cut material to prevent raveling.
8) Hand sews buttons, hooks, or other fasteners onto fabric.
9) Covers parts, such as foam and tubing with specified materials.