One Call Care Management

One Call Care Management United States Employee Reviews

slave drivers, expect you to work 60 hours a week with no overtime paid
Jr Accountant (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 8, 2015
I enjoyed my job, until I was handed 10 accounts that hadn't been worked in month, after I had full time work. Not all the rules apply for all the employees. You are based on your personality and not on your work.
This company believes in investing in it's talent
Account Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 6, 2015
Pros: Training as requested
Cons: non-competitive salary
A typical day would consist of reaching out to internal and external customers. Cross-selling and marketing; customer service to external clients and support of outside sales reps. Required: daily sales calls, ability to demonstrate critical problem solving, report analysis and sales strategy. I learned adaptability as there were many changes during my tenure. I worked with a solid, supportive team that meshed well. Management was always supportive of upward mobility. The most difficult part of the job were the few times we were unable to deliver services due to unavoidable external issues. The most enjoyable part of my job was my ability to provide documentation that I was generating revenue.
Reasonable expectations for challenging work-load.
Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Desirable work schedule.
Cons: No sick days.
Daily routine consist of monitoring trends, both positive and negative, while creating referrals for diagnostic examines.
Positive work environment where team work is highly welcomed and rewarded.
Great company and environment
Care Management Coordinator (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLMarch 9, 2015
Pros: relaxed environment
Cons: favoritism within management
Everyone in the office is happy to come to work. Each day there is plenty to do so never bored or looking for what's next. Each day you go to your desk maintain your own files. No stress, no pressure. Management is not professional at all but the overall it's nice to work for One Call. The most enjoyable part for me is having my own files, Independence makes work life more enjoyable.
A great place to work!
Team Leader (Current Employee), West Hills, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: great company overall
Cons: heath insurance pricey
I love my job! I've been here for several years now and have worked my way up in the ranks. My boss is pleasant to work with and really knows how to make me feel appreciated. The benefits and compensation are better than most, but I wish the insurance offered more affordable options. My co-workers are friendly and helpful. We really have a strong team and we try to help each other out as much as possible. Overall, this is a good company to stay and grow with.
On call
Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee), Oahu, HIJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: work a couple of hours
Cons: on call
On call and would provide services from 1-2 hours. Paid for travel expenses.
I have been working here for about 3 years.
Care Coordinator, Customer Contact Center (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: company events
Cons: no room for growth
This job consisted of teams working different files. I was on the team that entered referrals. Each team had Supervisors, Team leaders and coordinators. I am a coordinator.
One Call Care
Customer Care (Former Employee), Parsippany, njJanuary 14, 2015
It is an ok place to work, not much room for growth and benefits are below average. Overworked and Under paid. I did enjoy my job and the task I had to complete each day. I enjoyed the fact as an employee I was recognized for exceeding. I learned the basics of scheduling a injured worker for worker's comp.
It's OK
Coordinator - Provider Development (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: free lunches at holdiays
Cons: too many smokers leaving the work for others, big brother and glass ceiling atmosphere
Some of the people are nice. The work is easy but stressful, and definitely detail oriented. This is a good place to work, if you are a smoker, you will be able to take as many breaks as you want without being reprimanded. All of the Supervisors and Team Leads smoke, so if you intend to advance within the company, or want to be included in a special "clique", then light em up and go outside 10x per day. Sadly, if you are a non-smoker, accept the job you have and take comfort in the fact that you will never grow and will be given extra work with a promise that things will look favorably upon you, but they don't. Higher ups take your credit and leave you working like a dog.
Fast paced workmans comp company
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: free lunches for holidays and bonuses
Cons: getting let go right before the holidays
A typical day at work would be to collect outstanding balances as quickly as possible, utilize various AR reports to target aged balances for collection. Worked off of an ATB that was provided by management. Had weekly team meeting to discuss progress and accounts that we had issues with. Learned to do pivot tables and some knowledge in doing VLook-ups. Management was very professional at times. I was let go from the company due to downsizing at the holidays. Co-workers were very helpful when it came to needing assistance with accounts. The hardest part of the job was trying to get some carriers refunds issued. The company took a long time when it came to issuing out money. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting my AR down and receiving bonuses.
Referrals
Administrative Referrals Representative (Off-Line) (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: work independently
I work off of emails sent to us by clients requesting for transportation or interpretation services for worker's compensation patients. Once I schedule all services, I always send a correspondence indentifing the services and confirmation number for reference.
This is a good company with job security and benefits.
Patient Care Coordinator / Sedgwick Dedicated (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 8, 2014
This company was overall a good company that kept it's focus on the customer.
Great place to work, needs more room for growth
Account Receivable Specialist (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 26, 2014
Pros: bonus
Cons: management changes in less than 6 months
A typical day at work in my current position would be reviewing a report which is given at the beginning of each month with accounts attached. These accounts have to be reviewed for non-pay or partial pay. I also have the responsibility of creating a report for a catastrophic patient that has a very high volume of our services which has to be handled in a timely manner.

I've learned better time management in order not to become over whelmed. I've also learned more effective ways to collect from our customers. I love my team not only because I work closely with them, we've learned their accounts in the event that they are out of the office.

The hardest part of this job would be collecting funds on an account that has been approved for services, which will cause the bill review will deny payment for unknown reasons which causes for extensive research. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we reach goal for the month, quarter and the year! :)
A moderate work environment, just too strict on their policies
Care coordinator/Claims handler (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJNovember 11, 2014
A really fun place to work at but too strict on their company policies. They pick and choose
Run as fast as you can (Current Employee)
Employee (Current Employee), FloridaOctober 28, 2014
Pros: misery loves company.. co-workers are kind
Cons: everything else
Hateful, Uneducated Management. Low Pay. You are punished for being a happy person.
No one knows what is going on from day to day. No room for growth. No development unless you are in the click. I have no clue how this company stays afloat with them losing so much money in the last few quarters. Upper Management looks down their noses at their workers. They monitor your email, your phone calls, your bathroom breaks.. Everything. This is truly a miserable place to work..
Don't Waste Your Time
Coordinator (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 3, 2014
Pros: they pay on time.
Cons: no sick leave, people at work sick all the time spreading colds around
The company manages care for workers compensation patients and makes money by squeezing the care providers while marking up prices they charge insurance companies. The company has been sold and sold again to private owners. They pay low, demand a lot of hard work, and the benefits are what you would expect at a very small company like no sick leave, 2 weeks of vacation after a year, no 401k matching. Its a lot of work and they do pay on time, but the career mobility is people leaving to work for a better company.
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Current Employee), JacksonvilleSeptember 28, 2014
A work day with One Call is very enjoyable and productive at the same time. I work with a group of wonderful individuals.
Team Leader (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 20, 2014
OCCM is a very fair company to work for. I've been with the company through many changes and we always manage to keep a good outlook and positive energy.
Don't waste your time
Client servies (Former Employee), CAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: the manager who interviewed was intelligent and friendly
Cons: incompetent recruiter. company benefits and pay are laughable.
First, I'll start off by stating the HR recruiter that is located in FL is incompetent with a snobby attitude. She will start being very friendly but once she hears something she doesn't care for, she will get nasty. I had to explain the difference of being "exempt" vs. "non-exempt" from over-time. I'm rather confused why I am explaining this to someone who is in HR should most definitely know such terminology,

Anyways, I received a shoddy offer of employment from One Call's subsidiary companies. The salary was not worth it as this position would be exempt from over-time and over-time would certainly be in the picture.

For those who are looking to be compensated appropriately as well as have a decent 401k and potential for bonuses/ incentives, I would not recommend this company or any of it's subsidiary companies.
Fast paced environment but with good benefits.
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 24, 2014
Pros: health insurance, 401k plan, pto, floating holidays, occasional free lunches, incentive programs, holiday bonuses, annual raises
Cons: poor management, not enough people for workload, back and vision problems from sitting at desk all day, no training opportunities
A typical day at work was typically very fast paced and overwhelming. There was a lot of work that needed to be done, which is what taught me a lot about teamwork. It is the type of job where you have to be on top of your work; it is easy to slip behind. The hardest part of the job was having too much work but not enough man-power. The best part of the job were the benefits.

About One Call Care Management

No one looks forward to managing a Workers' Compensation claim. It can be a complex, time-consuming and costly experience. You – Read more

One Call Care Management Salaries