One Call Care Management

One Call Care Management Employee Reviews in United States

No job security
Case Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 3, 2016
Once upon time MSC was really a good company to work for they had owner who cared about their employees and kept their words when it was given.After the company was sold the company has continued to spiraling down into dark hole full of blood sucking maggots. Until one call I never worked for a company that paid people consistently on a daily basis to do absolutely Nothing. While others bust there butts with no recognition. Mangers with no leadership abilities or training No support from . Managers would feed you to the wolves frist
Pros
Established some lasting friendship
Cons
not what u know, more like who u knew or better yet, who your sleeping with.
Pretty decent work enviorment no a real chance for advancement
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 31, 2016
A typical work day is pretty repetitive. Management was professional. Most hardest was dealing with irate customers. Most enjoyable was working with coworkers in a team environment.
Company wide outsourcing
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 26, 2016
This used to be a great company 4 years ago, but it has quickly gone down hill. Greedy administrators are only interested in hiring temps. And they keep pushing more business overseas. Work ethic is low and even the managers seem uncertain as to what is happening day to day. So overall I wouldn't waste your time on this headache.
Pros
They have multiple different shifts. But it's impossible to try and switch.
Cons
Low pay, endless rollover calls, company outsourcing, job uncertainty, medical benefits are terrible.
C-Level Management No Accountability
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 16, 2016
C-level Management never takes responsibility for their poor decisions causing high turnover in middle management.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Poor work life balance
Just a job, only good for experience on resume
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 11, 2016
I worked there for almost three years. I had a decent supervisor and team leader to work with along with the team and a few co workers. I was kept busy and had recognition for exceeding goals. This company has really fallen down the spiral though. Everything is micromanaged and the managerial structure is very sloppy. They treat us like "numbers" as opposed to "people". The workload is overwhelming with little pay. You can't really move up anywhere unless you know someone. Having workforce management involved makes things worse. It's like they have control over everything and cannot speak to your own supervisor/team leader about PTOs or other personal matters. More like WTFis what they should be labeled. Turnover rate is too high and nearly people outside the call center are temps. They focus too much on the little things rather than big things. In town hall meetings, the management doesn't know what's going on in the call center and could care less about improving. A few offices are closing down this year and raises questions about the others. I'm glad I resigned when I could because they are trying to get rid of people. Our performances rose up this year along with occupancy, QA score, and productivity with no pay increase. The raises are terrible too even if you exceed. Also,the bonuses have decreased as well. Since there is no sick time, might as well be dead, in the hospital on leave, or just finding a new job to really have an excuse for being away from this place. They also treat you like high school students than adults. If we can't be treated in more  more... of a mature matter, then I can't see why we can't complain. Not our fault if the quality is not met.  less
Pros
Decent team with supervisor/team leader, kept busy and some incentive
Cons
Very underpaid, management structure is sloppy, no sick time
An excellent location to Learn and Grow
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJApril 11, 2016
A typical word day includes the managing and directing of team members to respond to a high call volume. I've learned how to lead people and how to work as part of a team. The management, for the most, are fair and approachable. My peers were always supportive and became, almost like, family members. The hardest part of my job would be ensuring quality was not sacrificed when keeping up with the quantity of work/calls taken in by the company. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping develop my team members to become productive parts to the team.
Pros
Room to Advance, Job Security, Company Activities like Free Breakfast, Lunches, Etc.
Cons
Strict Schedule Adherance, Low Pay
Great benefits but horrible training structure!
Nursing Supervisor / Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 10, 2016
Currently they are undergoing restructure in their organization due to multiple acquisitions. They have great benefits and flexible work schedules within their business units. Their training is horrible and it is a sink or swim managerial experience.Their lack of training and recent layoffs leads to a frightened culture. Many employees are worried about their jobs and the stability of this company. They are trying to get on the right track but have many hurdles to overcome!
Pros
Good benefits and flexible schedule for management, but not so much for other employees.
Cons
Lack of training that leads to unproductive workers who are frustrated!
74% Turnover . Meatgrinder of a comany .AVOID at all costs ,you have been warned !
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMarch 19, 2016
Don't bother making friends, 74% of workers in the Call Center will be Fired or will disappear in one year. Two workers just this month left in a stretcher, and I only found out because I was going to the fax machine and saw one of them. The training department churns out 10 - 12 new hires every two weeks .This means 20 -24 seats are "available" every month. Certain select employees are given done deals to schedule about 22 or so appointments per day. You will have to struggle to schedule the same amount by processing unworkable file's. If you are given 22 Done-Deals they can be all scheduled in 1 hour and you will look like a hero . But to you and me you know this game is rigged .
Pros
next question
Cons
No Management at all what so ever . No concept of how to treat humans on any level .
Mostly unorganized
Senior Provider Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 16, 2016
I cannot speak for other departments, but the transportation and staffing department could use some organizational assistance.
Good Place To Work but....
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West Hills, CAMarch 11, 2016
This is a good company to work for but there is no room for advancement. Once you've been there over a year and know the just of the job you will want to promote but there are not many options unfortunately. Really great people and good working environment but no room for growth. Great benefits except compensation is not aligned to job responsibilities. Other companies will pay more for the same work. You will learn a lot about medical diagnostics if you like medicine. Another con is micromanagement. This was recently implemented and does no good for employees.
Pros
Casual dress, good people, free gym and coffee daily
Cons
Compensation, Micromanagement, No room for growth
Management is horrible
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 2, 2016
The management is horrible. The company could hire anyone to do their job because they are not helpful at all. They are pretty much just as blind to what their doing as the new employees, only difference is what their getting paid. I enjoyed working here only because it was Mon- Fri schedule. They will hire anybody pretty much because they fire so many people. Very inconsistent.
Pros
Work Schedule & Experience
Cons
Management & care for employees
Horrible AR management
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 15, 2016
Worked in AR department for two years . the management talk about everyone behind their backs nad it is all about who you know. Would not recommend to anyone . I got put on account that was uncollectible . The management knew that . soon I got let go they dropped the account .
Pros
Monday - friday work week
Cons
managemetn sucks and they have no degrees all about who you know
Patient Care Coordinator
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 10, 2016
-Answered calls and emails from claims adjusters, doctors and patients.
-Worked with 50+ patients daily.
-Provided durable medical equipment to injured patients.
Really enjoyed being able to help patients get the equipment they need for recovery.
Pros
Rate, experience with medical providers, helping injured people get back to work
Cons
Astronomical work load due to lack of being fully staffed
Very Political
Process Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 8, 2016
Through the course of working there, I discovered that its more about who you know rather than what you know. Very discombobulated
Professional atmosphere with a family touch
Intake associate (Workers Compensation) (Current Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAFebruary 8, 2016
One Call is a great company with a great atmosphere. Different parts of the company are divided by teams but yet all still one family. Was bought out and will be closing the office but have learned many new skills and met wonderful people along the way.
Company is influenced Heavily in Regards to Sucking Up
CARE MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 7, 2016
Management is doing what they can. I can respect that.
The company internally is very volatile at the moment. There really is not that much room to grow.
Worked with company under MSC and OCCM
QA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 4, 2016
In short the management staff is poorly trained. QA manager is horrible when it comes to judgement and only the favorite people get anywhere. It isn't what you know or how well or for how long it's about who you know to get advanced in any way.
Free lunches were few and far between once the CEO stepped down. Gift cards were replaced by endless hours of work, a luncheon that was a joke and a contest on who's dept was well decorated. It was a huge waste of time.
When the company was started it was about the injured workers and the customers. It was also about the employees who always took the brunt of things.
The employees still take the brunt, but also get canned for doing their job. It is and never will be about the employee. It is ALL ABOUT THE MONEY.
MSC SOLD OUT.
Pros
Not much
Cons
lack of management, NECESSARY training. Immature environment. Wouldn't work here unless you have NO experience at all
Call Center
Quality Assurance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 1, 2016
I have worked in a few call centers and to me the experience at each is what you make it. This One Call Care Management location is small so it gives you an opportunity to get to know everyone and to be known. If you are a hard worker,self-motivated,problem solver and you do not mind the typical 9-5 job in a call center then it might be a good fit.
Pros
Small office
Cons
Break room too small and not detached from the main floor
Horrible, never apply to work here - current employee
ERU Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJanuary 23, 2016
Your day basically consist of you in-taking calls back to back, they micromanage everything that you do or say. They make it seem as if this will be a fun job but, in all actually it is not. They claim that there is room for advancement but, too be totally honest its who you know to get a higher position. The only great things were the free lunches they gave to employees. They are all about numbers if you do not meet your numbers they will put you on a warning. The adjusters, patients, nurse case managers and the patients are nasty DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE THEY'RE HORRIBLE!!! The pay is terrible as well , people in California and Georgia were being more than the New Jersey office. They are claiming to increase the pay but they are not!!!!! Some of the supervisors here do not know anything its like the blind leading the BLIND. if you think about considering this place consider this temporary , they have out sourced some of the departments which mean that after a while this office will not EXISIT! THERE IS ALSO NO SICK TIME, IF YOU NEED TIME OFF IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE PTO YOU CAN NOT TAKE THE DAY, AND ALL YOUR PTO IS PER PAY PERIOD SO KEEP THAT IN MIND AS WELL.........STAY AWAY
Pros
FREE LUNCHES
Cons
PAY, STAFF, MICROMANAGING
Slowly going down the drain
Someone (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 23, 2016
What was once a great company to work is now a toxic mix of greed and disrespect. This is lead by upper management who really don't know the internal workings down to the basic everyday software. There is no upper management support just daily bullying. Nothing but file overloads and being reminded of our supposed incompetence. After being with the company for over 5 years I have not been so defeated by the disrespect from management. False write ups, condescending dialogue with management and double standards which non management employees are crucified for it really has just become toxic. There is no quality service to our various customers and patients, no integrity just a constant blame game and passing the messy buckets until someone gets suckered in to clean it up or take the blame. I would never recommend our services bc we are coached to give service that best serve our statistics and make our returns to our investors. We used to care about our customers and patients and now that is the last thought in the business plan.

2.9