ONE Gas Employee Reviews

Great workplace for interns
Corporate Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 7, 2017
I loved my internship. We had a full week before it actually started (paid for this week) where we got to meet our fellow interns and learn more about the company. It was an awesome summer. I would recommend an internship at ONE Gas to every college student.
Work
Credit and Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 20, 2017
Work in my specific department was mundane and less than optimal. I was tasked with auditing over 10 years worth of bankruptcies as a "special project". Never challenged on a day to day basis. Not a direct reflection of the company as a whole but very department specific.
Community Minded company
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OklahomaAugust 28, 2017
One Gas encourages strong participation in community events throughout the year. They pay for employees participation in 5k races and fun runs. They encourage employee health and well being.
They offer discounts tickets to various events around Tulsa such baseball, hockey and PAC events.
They have a great Summer Intern program for college students going into their senior year of college.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Not much opportunity for advancement for older employees
SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 4, 2017
Good place to work if you like overtime. Great management who actually cares about employees. I worked in the service department which is responsible for residential and commercial customers.
great place and very easy
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 16, 2017
need to train more for new employees so they can learn all aspects of the business not just the field they are working in, it will help when getting random calls
Pros
great company
Cons
needs more trainging
Pay and Benefits good, Management and culture stressful
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa County, OKJune 30, 2016
Great benefits and pay was decent. Workload and expectations did not meet reality. Too much change in too short of an amount of time.
Pros
Benefits and Pay
Cons
Unmanageable expectations cause undue stress
Aging Workforce and Horrible Culture
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 20, 2016
The culture is horrendous. You will hate getting up and going to work everyday here because of the management and work load. Expect the attitude to be "what have you done for me lately" as you fake conversations to other miserable people. Culture needs a huge overhaul or risk losing a generation of work force.
Pros
stock is doing well
Cons
Work loads, management, people, culture
Balance
Supervisor - Regional Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 10, 2015
ONE Gas corporation really cares about it's employees. They are very focused on the health and safety of their employees.
Competitive Pay 40 hours guarenteed
Operation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIApril 28, 2015
IF your looking for a job in the Utilities Service industry, then ONE Gas may be for you, with friendly and fair supervisors, weekly pay, and bonus incentives this job ranks as one of the most laid back companies I have ever worked for
Pros
Weekly Pay
Cons
No room for advancement
I worked in the call center and I enjoyed the prople I worked with.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 24, 2015
I enjoyed the different customers I encountered on the phones and how you never knew what they were actually going to need. I enjoyed having the ability to change their day by being a smiling voice on the other end of the line.
Pros
Plenty of emplyees to share the load on high volume call days. Benefits, Retirement, job advancement opportunities.
Cons
Working with some negative pople that didn't have the overall desire to help the customer.
Day to Day Operations
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 26, 2014
A typical day at the office consisted with speaking with customers and providing support to the customer service representatives.

I worked with a great team of Supervisors that was hands on and helpful in every way.

The most enjoyable part of my job was helping a customer that was having a hard time paying there bills on time.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with disrespectful customers who insisted on using insulting words because they were having financial problems.
Pros
Cons
High Call Volume

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ONE Gas. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5