One Hope United Employee Reviews

High Stress, Low Support
Mental Health Professional (Former Employee) –  Lake Villa, ILJuly 19, 2017
This is a very difficult place to work, not only due to the nature of the job, but I did not feel I was supported by management or administration. Advancement was unlikely and moral was low.
Pros
Make a difference in kids lives
Cons
Dangerous, no support
Enjoyable place to work
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILJune 29, 2017
Needs patient and a lot of caring for kids. Organizing and being clean is a necessity. Also, need to be computer and iPad friendly for lesson plans and observation tools.
Pros
2 hour down time to work quietly
Cons
Low pay
Needs new management. No rules, the kids do what they want
cook (Former Employee) –  Lake Villa, ILMay 11, 2017
I worked at the Lake Villa One Hope. I worked as the cook for 61/2 months. Seen at least 6 care-workers leave. It has no structure at all. Kids going AWOL, breaking windows, starting fires. It was a total mess. And they do not have any consciousnesses for their actions. They need new management there. Do not take a job there. They damage workers cars, by throwing rocks and breaking off there wipers. God, make sure your windows and doors are locked. The people I worked with in the "Richardson" house were very sweet and nice. That is all I have to say good about this place.
Pros
Not bad pay
Cons
Police there almost every night. Because of the kids.
Fun and engaging
Teacher II (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 16, 2017
One Hope United provides a safe environment for all children and staff. With opportunities of growth within the company, each position prepares you for the next level of responsibilities.
Pros
opportunities for growth
Cons
healthcare
Positive work environment
FAMILY CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLDecember 26, 2016
A typical day at work varies day by day. Being a case manager consists of balancing paperwork, home visits, court hearings, and trainings every day. Wednesdays were always dedicated for court in our county. Mondays and Tuesdays, for me, was dedicated to going out in the field and visiting my families. Thursdays and Fridays were dedicated to catching up on paperwork for all my cases.
I learned how to engage families to help them meet their potential and focus on their strengths. I helped children maintain contact with their siblings and parents and learned to understand the families that enter the system.
My co-workers were all so supportive of each other. We all went out to lunch together about twice a week to take a mental break from the job so that we can replenish our energy. We went to multiple trainings together on compassion fatigue and how to cope with the vicarious trauma developed from working in this field.
The hardest part of the job was not letting it affect my personal life. When I would come home, I would have to take an hour to myself to relax so that I could be present with my family/friends.
The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the kids and parents on my cases happy. When I reunified parents with their children, it was very heartwarming. Seeing children's faces light up when they get to go on visits with their parents. Delivering Christmas gifts to the children in foster care, donating bikes or clothes to parents in need. Helping parents find employment, become sober, see behavioral changes in them, were all very satisfying.
Pros
Work potlucks every month.
Cons
Coming home late multiple nights in a row and not being able to cook dinner, traveling long distances
Great job and rewarding
Mental Health Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILDecember 10, 2016
I have been able to job shadow as much as I needed and treated with dignity and respect. There are a lot of benefits, the pay is above average, they work with you if you need time off, and there is no micro management.
Pros
Great people, lots of training, benefits, pays higher
Cons
On call overnight and difficult parents
na
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILDecember 9, 2016
The company was under staffed and over worked. They had no security or boundries between staff of clients. There needs to be more structure with the company and how it is ran.
Lead Teacher
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILDecember 7, 2016
I would say that my passion is to help families in need. However there are a lot of things about this place that is unlike other daycares. Just because your are a lead teacher, you don't get to teach. The supervisors do. You don't get to do traditional kind of teaching.
Pros
Free lunch, trainings, NAYCE certified, Gold Quality School
Cons
High risk kids, most parents dont get involved nor do they care, unlesss there's a complaint, management does not support staff
High Stress
Intact Case Manager I (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, IL 62864November 27, 2016
Working with families who have limited resources to mitigate child safety and risk is extremely stressful. There are limited resources to access in the community to help families be successful.
Pros
You do receive over time and compensation for mileage
Cons
lack of resources
Motivated and hard working people.
Contract Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 25, 2016
This was a great place to work. The staff was very motivated. Management was good to work for. The hardest part of this job were the hours involved. It takes a high energy person to work at this place.
Pros
Job satisfaction.
Cons
Long hours.

Want to know more about One Hope United?

Ask a question
Giving Back
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 18, 2016
Lots of work to be done. The hardest part is trying to have balance with work and life but work usually wins. Case Management is very stressful but the most amazing people you will ever meet are case managers. The most enjoyable part is helping family reunify and building a unity at work to get the job done.
Supportive work environment
Therapist (Current Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 6, 2016
I feel working for one hope United I get a good amount of time off as well as support for my team and supervisors. It's definitely a great not for profit to work for.
Pros
Paid holidays, benefits
Cons
Salary not the best, but not the worst
good job
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 3, 2016
This job is very busy daily no breaks and if you have children this is not a job for you. This job will have you working late and you will not be able to care for own children .
Pros
money
Cons
nonw
Great place to get a start!
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Collinsville, ILJuly 19, 2016
This is a great place to work to get experience in this field. When you are ready for lateral or horizontal movement into a different position, there are not many options. There were many decisions made by management that were not discussed with staff, the management staff I worked with particularly had unrealistic expectations of staff, constantly changing deadlines and protocol and micromanagement. There was little focus on work life balance.
Pros
Culture, experience
Cons
Management, little opportunity for movement, pay, inconsistancies
Case Manager
Dependency Case Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33610June 20, 2016
Worked long hours, however compensated for over time hours. Some administrative support. Job security but no real room for advancement.
Loved my job and trying to help out parents and children as much as possible.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edgewater Early Learning centerApril 8, 2016
I loved my job and doing what I did to try to help out the parents and the children. Many of the staff were very nice. But working there became a nightmare, especially working with the director, she was very disrespectful, rude and she didn't really care about the parents and the children, just that she had a job. The way she talked down to people and degraded people just became unbearable.
Pros
Helping out the parents and the children.
Cons
Not enough pay, very little recognition for work done
Exciting and positive place to work, with staff members and an atmosphere that is full of kindness, energy, and support.
Family Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 14, 2016
My typical day is always a rewarding day, I strive to make an impact to those whom I am working with. I mentor students and parents to help make their daily life more positive with any issue that they may be going through, at home or in school. Each day I learn that listening and helping by giving advice, support, and guidance, makes a big difference in other lives. It is important to be positive and have a supportive relationship with your co-workers. As a Family Support Specialist II, and working with children and adults, you may need to turn to your co-workers for advice and support. Therefore, it is important to be able to work as a team. As a team we work together to be leaders in the community responding to the needs of children and families.
Early Childhood Learning Center
Office Assistant/Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILMarch 3, 2016
I love working with the children but management needs to work better with their employees. Be more understanding to the needs of their employees. Never a set schedule and my job description always changes. We also lack consistancy
Pros
Love Working with children and having great relationships with the parents
Cons
Unstable Work Schedule an Short staffed. Job description never accurate!
Miscommunication & lack of communication
Family Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 5, 2016
There's not much to say other than the Tampa location I worked out of, had its flaws. I pretty much said everything I had to say about them in the summary
Hard work low pay.
Office Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2016
The administrative staff is is overworked and underpaid. The staff rarely meets quotas causing problems for administration. I do not recomend this job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at One Hope United. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8