One Hope United Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to get a start!
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Collinsville, ILJuly 19, 2016
This is a great place to work to get experience in this field. When you are ready for lateral or horizontal movement into a different position, there are not many options. There were many decisions made by management that were not discussed with staff, the management staff I worked with particularly had unrealistic expectations of staff, constantly changing deadlines and protocol and micromanagement. There was little focus on work life balance.
Pros
Culture, experience
Cons
Management, little opportunity for movement, pay, inconsistancies
Case Manager
Dependency Case Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33610June 20, 2016
Worked long hours, however compensated for over time hours. Some administrative support. Job security but no real room for advancement.
Loved my job and trying to help out parents and children as much as possible.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edgewater Early Learning centerApril 8, 2016
I loved my job and doing what I did to try to help out the parents and the children. Many of the staff were very nice. But working there became a nightmare, especially working with the director, she was very disrespectful, rude and she didn't really care about the parents and the children, just that she had a job. The way she talked down to people and degraded people just became unbearable.
Pros
Helping out the parents and the children.
Cons
Not enough pay, very little recognition for work done
Exciting and positive place to work, with staff members and an atmosphere that is full of kindness, energy, and support.
Family Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 14, 2016
My typical day is always a rewarding day, I strive to make an impact to those whom I am working with. I mentor students and parents to help make their daily life more positive with any issue that they may be going through, at home or in school. Each day I learn that listening and helping by giving advice, support, and guidance, makes a big difference in other lives. It is important to be positive and have a supportive relationship with your co-workers. As a Family Support Specialist II, and working with children and adults, you may need to turn to your co-workers for advice and support. Therefore, it is important to be able to work as a team. As a team we work together to be leaders in the community responding to the needs of children and families.
Early Childhood Learning Center
Office Assistant/Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILMarch 3, 2016
I love working with the children but management needs to work better with their employees. Be more understanding to the needs of their employees. Never a set schedule and my job description always changes. We also lack consistancy
Pros
Love Working with children and having great relationships with the parents
Cons
Unstable Work Schedule an Short staffed. Job description never accurate!
Miscommunication & lack of communication
Family Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 5, 2016
There's not much to say other than the Tampa location I worked out of, had its flaws. I pretty much said everything I had to say about them in the summary
Hard work low pay.
Office Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2016
The administrative staff is is overworked and underpaid. The staff rarely meets quotas causing problems for administration. I do not recomend this job.
Fascility for boys with behavior problems
Direct Support Personal (Former Employee) –  Lake Villa, ILJanuary 10, 2016
One Hope was well maintained environment, which focused well on treatment of clients. Overtime was always available, and staff was allowed to partake in meals with clients creating a family atmosphere. This practice was well encouraging clients how to act in re reentry to the community.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Staff Tatdiness
Do not work here!!!!!
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 8, 2016
I worked here as a case manager. I hated it. It was an unorganized hot mess. I felt like "if I'm going to hold the lives of families in my hands) by being there for them in court, home visits etc. I want to be well equipped. My supervisor was not supportive, was jealous and did not give me the proper guidance to perform my duties effectively. I often silently cried at my desk. I felt that all I was was a taxi for a few co workers who needed their kids picked up or dropped off. Some co workers were very supportive and helped me along the way. This job is perfect for someone who has previous experience as a dependency case manager. I was not prepared for what lied ahead of me after training. The only thing that One Hope Orlando has going for them is the training which was 3 months. The training is awesome. However, during field days, or days when we were told that we would be in our perspective offices working, I did nothing but transport children for others. That was the time I was to learn about the job. I learned nothing but how to rip and run for co workers who couldn't wait for my training to end, so they could get relief from the cases they didn't want. I am not a difficult, drama type person, and I tell you the truth this place was the worst experience ever!! It's ghetto, unorganized, lacked leadership. My saving grace was a co worker who did this type of work previously. She was more of a support than my own supervisor. Don't ignore this review. Don't say, well that's just one opinion. If you are fresh out of college, have never done any DCF work previously, if you need  more... some guidance, Please find another place to work. BEWARE!! CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED!! This place has a high turnover rate due to what I've said. The caseloads are high and case managers are over worked. So when new people arrive, some veteran case managers wait for them like vultures to complete training. THIS IS ALL A RESULT OF UPPER MANAGEMENT. UPPER MANAGEMENT NEEDS TO CHANGE IN ORDER FOR IT TO GET BETTER! They can start by hiring qualified people instead of their sorority sisters and friends. Help new case managers by SUPERVISING THEM UNTIL THEY ARE COMFORTABLE IN THEIR DUTIES. THIS JOB IS HARD ENOUGH, SO SUPPORT NEW CASE MANAGERS!!  less
Pros
Awesome training, great trainers, supportive co-workers
Cons
No support from management, showed favoritism, supervisors failed to show proper guidance to new case managers
A typical day for me
ASSISTANT TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 27, 2015
A typical day at work would be I come in and make sure all of documents are accurate. Then i make sure my team and I are on the same level of understanding about today's activities. Then i supervise and maintain a level balanced between the teacher and the students.The things that I have learned are proper supervision and ratios with children. How to talk to people on my team so that everyone understands. I also learned that a good leader doesn't just say what someone should do but to also do it themselves. My coworkers allow me to realize that a well organized and informed team can accomplish anything. The hardest part of my day is only when my kids are not willing to put their responsibilities first simply because I have to stretch to them the importance of responsibilities. The most enjoyable part of my days is knowing that I am shaping young minds into become our great leaders in the future.
Pros
The days are never boring children bring you joy and laughter.
Cons
Short breaks no paid vacations part time and health to expensive

Want to know more about One Hope United?

Ask a question
Great vision but awful management
Staff (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILOctober 6, 2015
This agency has a great mission and vision and does good work in the community. However, the clients are treated far better than the employees, who are often shamed and belittled as a means of controlling and motivation. The agency's culture is negative and incohesive. There is not a lot of internal promotion and as an employee I did not feel valued. For every positive statement made, there were an average of 10 negatives. It is a real shame because this agency can really change lives, if it could get its organizational systems and culture under control.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Administration recognition of vitality of Continous Improvement; cooperative partners; committed staff.
CQIR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MissouriJuly 15, 2015
Review of electronic communication and replies; visiting other offices for case reviews and/or other meetings. Most difficult part of work was large geographic area. Most enjoyable was seeing results of work. Relationship building essential to bring about change. Cooperative co-workers who were diverse and helped lead the agency.
Pros
Cooperative partners and/or co-workers
Cons
Large geographic area with limited community resources.
Depends on What Type of Person you are.
Lead Child Welfare Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLJune 21, 2015
One Hope United can be a great job for a select person. You have to be strong to work in child welfare. You will deal with clients being rude to you, the legal system, and constant work. There are many pros about working at One Hope United such as helping the families become reunited with each other. With any job you are going to have problems such as drama, stress/burnout, cattiness. One Hope United is not a stranger to this. There are not many opportunities for advancement. In the Sebring Office there are only 4 supervisors. Once a supervisor role is obtained there are most likely not going to give the position up. Thus leaving no opportunities for advancement. One Hope United is a mainly a starter job to get your foot in the door in the child welfare field. Once experience is obtained people mainly move on. Many people have been told they are can be replaced as quick as they are hired so there is not job security. The following phrase can be used when thinking in terms of this job "once you leave there will be 10 people lined up at the door who can take your place...you are not irreplaceable."
Pros
Flexibility, Helping families, the children.
Cons
pay, no work/ life balance, not many opportunities for advancement, high turnover rates
Family Like with Flexibility and security
Lead Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 20, 2015
Busy and always something to do, let your soul lead you in the decisions you make, everyone feels the pain and your co-workers are your lifelines. The hardest part of the job is watching the hurt in the eyes of the ones who did not ask to be here. The best part of the job is seeing the joy in the eyes of the ones who did not ask to be here.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Broken Homes
Poor work/life balance
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lake Villa, ILMay 18, 2015
Overall this is not a place where professionals should be applying. It is a stepping stone for college graduates and high school graduates. Poor management and no room for advancement.
The families that we serve.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  EdgewaterApril 21, 2015
The families 2we serve is what makes you want to stay. But the director is the one who make you feel like you are a child. She talks to you with disrespect. And the feeling that you don't want to come to work. It would be best to work for another center. The staff moral is extremely low.
Pros
The children, staff.
Cons
Mangement is rude, disrespectful, unconcerned with staff issues.
A Great Place to Work!
Director (Current Employee) –  ChicagoApril 20, 2015
The staff are amazying. The team is United in nurturing children and families everyday. The partnerships with parents make center events very special.

One Hope United (OHU) has systems that guide daily operations. All new staff members receive orientation and resources. At OHU everyone matters. It really is a great place to work!
Pros
Near the Red line station.
Cons
Only 30 mins. for lunch.
Productive and Fun workplace
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  FLApril 9, 2015
Productive and Fun workplace enjoyed co-workers, clients and upper management. Learned about non-profits organizations and the area of social work.
The children are their first priority with each position here.
Stationary Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2015
My day at work is continuous and moving at a steady pace. When children are concerned there is always repairs, safety issues and the building has to be kept up in every department. The heat has to be always under control for all seasons. Safety issues must always be number one priority with the management and co-workers.

The hardest part is the traveling to affiliated buildings because of the fact that this refrains from my completing my jobs at my permanent assigned building.

I can sit back and enjoy when a job is completed and management is satisfied with a job well done.
very diverse and work friendly enviorment
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 26, 2014
from the moment i clocked in until i clock out there is a none stop interaction with my students full of laughter and excitement. i learned leadership and communications skills because i work in a Asain community talking to families is important. co workers are very friendly and engaged. The hardest part of my job is the lack of communication sometimes from directer to staff. the most enjoyable part is getting to know each child and their family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at One Hope United. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9