One Hope United

One Hope United Employee Reviews

Family Like with Flexibility and security
Lead Case Manager (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 20, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: Broken Homes
Busy and always something to do, let your soul lead you in the decisions you make, everyone feels the pain and your co-workers are your lifelines. The hardest part of the job is watching the hurt in the eyes of the ones who did not ask to be here. The best part of the job is seeing the joy in the eyes of the ones who did not ask to be here.
Poor work/life balance
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Lake Villa, ILMay 18, 2015
Overall this is not a place where professionals should be applying. It is a stepping stone for college graduates and high school graduates. Poor management and no room for advancement.
The families that we serve.
Teacher (Current Employee), EdgewaterApril 21, 2015
Pros: The children, staff.
Cons: Mangement is rude, disrespectful, unconcerned with staff issues.
The families 2we serve is what makes you want to stay. But the director is the one who make you feel like you are a child. She talks to you with disrespect. And the feeling that you don't want to come to work. It would be best to work for another center. The staff moral is extremely low.
A Great Place to Work!
Director (Current Employee), ChicagoApril 20, 2015
Pros: Near the Red line station.
Cons: Only 30 mins. for lunch.
The staff are amazying. The team is United in nurturing children and families everyday. The partnerships with parents make center events very special.

One Hope United (OHU) has systems that guide daily operations. All new staff members receive orientation and resources. At OHU everyone matters. It really is a great place to work!
Productive and Fun workplace
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee), FLApril 9, 2015
Productive and Fun workplace enjoyed co-workers, clients and upper management. Learned about non-profits organizations and the area of social work.
The children are their first priority with each position here.
Stationary Engineer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2015
My day at work is continuous and moving at a steady pace. When children are concerned there is always repairs, safety issues and the building has to be kept up in every department. The heat has to be always under control for all seasons. Safety issues must always be number one priority with the management and co-workers.

The hardest part is the traveling to affiliated buildings because of the fact that this refrains from my completing my jobs at my permanent assigned building.

I can sit back and enjoy when a job is completed and management is satisfied with a job well done.
very diverse and work friendly enviorment
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 26, 2014
from the moment i clocked in until i clock out there is a none stop interaction with my students full of laughter and excitement. i learned leadership and communications skills because i work in a Asain community talking to families is important. co workers are very friendly and engaged. The hardest part of my job is the lack of communication sometimes from directer to staff. the most enjoyable part is getting to know each child and their family
Horrible hours horrible management horrible kids
Youth care worker (Former Employee), Centralia ilNovember 7, 2014
Pros: free lunch.
Cons: everything about it.
Hours were horrible. Long over time and little pay. The 'higher-ups' do not help you or back you up. I had a youth break my nose and fracture my face and they wouldn't even pay my medical bills. They suspended me because I told a kid to shut her mouth after she spit on my face.
Love kids
Educational Behavioral Specialist (Current Employee), Lake Villa, ILNovember 2, 2014
Good job.
Low pay.
A must want to work there job.
Co workers great!
Great place to work for
Youth Care Worker/MHP (Current Employee), Centralia, ILSeptember 22, 2014
One hope has given me the opportunity to gain experience and do what i love most and that is helping kids
Great Staff
Family Support Specialist (Current Employee), st louisSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: pay
OHU is a great company. We work with families who are working to get their children out of states custody. We work one on one with the families to ensure that they are successful.
Everyday is anew
Care Manager (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 2, 2014
Pros: job culture
Cons: quick burn out
The job is always changing, new laws, rules, and case managers coming in. The job is great if you like to be out if the office majority of the day. Though it is challenging becuase so much is wanted from you in this field which can burn you out quickly.
Where do I begin!
case manager (Former Employee), wauchula/sebringJune 27, 2014
Pros: kind of flexible
Cons: poor, uncaring, leadership, no room for advancement
Uncaring leadership, favoritism, lack of support...Case Management is a HARD job, and you will be unappreciated. When you do perform, you are given more work with no chance of advancement unless you area management favorite. Leadership is not competent and does not care for staff. When you get fed up and leave, then management asks what they can do to keep you, but they really don't care that you're leaving.
Nice place to work.
Case Manager (Former Employee), Sebring FLJune 20, 2014
Enjoy working with the families reuniting children with their parents.
Rough job. Learn a lot
Certified Family Case Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 17, 2014
Case Management is a great experience, but it is not a long term job. The work load is high, the benefits are low. No work/life balance
Great work enviornment and very flexible.
Case Manager (Current Employee), Centralia, ILMay 30, 2014
Pros: flexibility with schedule
Cons: unrealistic deadlines
One Hope United provides a great work place where you are able to interact on a daily basis with other professionals as well as the clients you serve on a daily basis.

A typical work day would consist of checking emails, returning phone calls to other professionals and client family members, completing case notes, and other reports related to the clients, as well as daily interactions with the clients.

One Hope United has a sense of teamwork. You always have coworkers to back you up in different situations. You never feel alone.

The hardest part of the job is meeting unrealistic deadlines set forth by Medicaid. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing progress made by your clients.
STAY AWAY
Case Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 14, 2014
Pros: lots of bonuses
Cons: no transportation assistance, not much advancement
Management is no assistance, the director has no backbone and can't make a decision about anything. Not looking at the best interest of the kids, more concerned about closing cases to make their numbers look good on paper.
working with troubled kids.
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee), Centralia, IllnoisJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: making a difference in youth life
Cons: when they leave, or you leave.
spending a lot of time with youth in a home setting. doing activities with them, eating meals with them and doing daily programming with the youth. Most of the co-workers are great team workers and very easy to get along with and some not so easy. The most enjoyable part of the job is connecting to the youth and getting to know them.
Supportive and Rewarding Work Place
Residential Specialist (Current Employee), Hudelson Region ILJanuary 6, 2014
I loved working with the population of youth we served. It has been a rewarding job. I have learned so much about myself as this job as pushed me to new limits and challenges. I have loved working with all of my co-workers. It has been the most supportive work environment.
Social Work - Case Management
❸ Case Manager (Current Employee), Sebring, FLOctober 13, 2013
Pros: health benefits, creating your own schedule, changing lives
Cons: low pay, long hours, faulty system
A typical day is pretty long, one can expect to work well over 40 hours a week as a Case Manager. The job includes working with families that are involved with the social services. The goal is to reunify children with their family or to find them alternative placement because of the parent's unfitness to care for the child.

I have learned that this job takes a special kind of drive and that the benefits are knowing that you are helping people.

Management love what they do and it is easy to tell they care about the children. Though, often times the system of social services is a factor that negatively impacts everyone's ability to do their job (even veterans in management).

Co-workers are hit and miss. Some are just there for the paycheck and in social services it shows. The good ones love to help out but the others will often dodge responsibility and leave you carrying the load.

There are many hard parts about this job though one in particular is dealing with destructive parents (which does happen often). When creating a case plan the parents are assigned by the court tasks that they must complete before the court can consider giving them their child(ren) back. Often times you are just tracking them down or working with them to get back on track.

The best part is seeing the good you can be doing in a child's life.

About One Hope United

Since its inception, One Hope United’s purpose has been to care for children and to ensure they grow up in safe, loving – Read more

One Hope United Salaries