One Kings Lane Employee Reviews

Aspiring Product Manager with Technical Systems Expertise
Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 22, 2015
I act as a Level 2 systems support analyst for all of our company's stakeholders that interact with our internal ERP tools. I support anyone from a Product Manager to a Software Engineer in order to optimize the tools through bug fixes, feature requests, and communication to our stakeholders were projects lie on the roadmap. I also act as an ad-hoc database administrator to our Operations and Merchandising team that require database changes due to personnel change and LOB updates.

4 years ago, I had basic Excel skills, and some very elementary HTML knowledge but as of today, I have been an integral component of our systems support structure, which includes the aforementioned tasks as well as being an on site expert of our Technical Operations and server stability.

Management within my company is mediocre. They have good intentions but there is a lack of "crossing the aisle" in many ways, which stifles a lot of cross department dependencies. Not many opportunities for upward mobility are provided as opportunities come to only those with specific expertise with many years of experience.

That said, I have some great coworkers I consider good friends. They are all eager like myself to learn and optimize the way our tools perform and ultimately the success of the company as a whole.
Pros
weekly lunch provided, flexible hours, great people to work alongside
Cons
low compensation, lack of transparency among management, virtually no training
Wonderful people, unstable company.
Event Production Assistant/Content Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 28, 2014
A typical day would see a person in my current role working heavily in Excel clarifying information and double checking that product details are as they should be. This will includes but is not limited to reaching out to carious departments in order to confirm the information given. All this culminates to an EPA/CS setting up products so they can launch live to site. This includes uploading pricing, unit counts and making sure the copy is written and images are correct.

In terms of what I have learned, I have had the opportunity to finely hone my Excel skill, which is very important in my current role as everything is laid out on spreadsheets. I have also learned that communication is key to making sure a business runs smoothly.

Upper management is a bit out of touch with what the employees are feeling and how the workflow is progressing.

Co-workers are lovely.

The hardest part of my job is the lulls in work. When we are busy, we are extremely busy, which is what I prefer. However between those bouts, it can get really slow.
Pros
work environment, very good perks, great corporate culture.
Cons
extensive lulls, upper management is out of touch with employees
Poorly organized start-up with inexperienced management and tremendous lack of direction
ASSISTANT BUYER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2012
Unfortunately, things get done in spite of themselves at One Kings Lane. The company is disorganized, chaotic, and works at a frenetic pace that accomplishes very little. Managers are young and lack experience or real management ability. There are major discrepancies between perception and reality, and staying long hours even if your work is finished is the only accepted method of working. Most teams show a tremendous lack of transparency to the lower level team members (assistant buyers and merchandise assistants) and treat them more like drones to complete tasks at the buyers' disposal.
Pros
bagel fridays and the occasional happy hour, good healthcare plan and casual dress code
Cons
disorganized, poor systems, passive aggressive management, lack of clear direction
A luxury place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 18, 2015
I was a temp for a month with this company and they are amazing. Every patient, professional, and they love animals. They moved to a new location so the new place doesn't allow dogs but the old location (before Twitter bought it =( ) did and they welcomed your dog with love.
Pros
Free lunch every Wednesday. Great place to work. Full out kitchen with free drinks and snacks.
Cons
Productive and a fun workplace
Senior Data Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 16, 2015
The best part about my experience at OKL is the technology I am getting to work with and the amazing team I have. There's loads to learn each day - so it never gets dull. The work culture is cool. We have a ping pong table, great snacks, drinks and a foosball table at our lounge.
Productive and Fun Place
Category Assistant/Content Specialist - Vintage (Former Employee) –  new york, nyMay 26, 2015
Great learning experience, i learned a new program (Nexus). It is very hectic but my coworkers were great. There are deadlines and very different projects. Every week was a different experience.
Pros
free lunch and breakfast
Great Group of People
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 5, 2015
Not a bad place to work. The people are great, management are easy to work with, and there is a lot to do in a typical day. There are no real complaints about this job.
Great brand, talented people
Director, Customer Insights (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2014
Great discount on merchandise
Fun environment
flexibility with work schedule
no holiday policy
hard fun work
Pros
discount, young
Cons
startup
Production job
Packer (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PASeptember 30, 2013
It was a seasonal job during Christmas time and my main role was to pack merchandise ordered by the web-site.
Fast peace job
everyday sales goal
Pros
good pay
Cons
seasonal
Fabulous and innovative company
Buyer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 3, 2013
OKL is a wonderful place to work. It is a fast paced and innovative environment where my co-workers inspired me on a daily basis.

Want to know more about One Kings Lane?

Ask a question
Fun work environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 20, 2014
HR always sides with management team. If you have a problem deal with it.
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
no room for advancement