About the Opportunity
Reporting directly to the Billing & Collections Manager, this role will join a dynamic team of individuals focused on making this critical part of the healthcare experience vastly better.
The Payment Posting Specialist will be responsible for all accurate and timely insurance and patient payment application, documenting and maintaining current policies and procedures, coordination and preparation of daily lockbox remittances (image and paper), balancing daily cash batches, and managing, monitoring processes and efficiency throughout the revenue cycle. This position will also work closely with the Billing & Collections Manager in identifying opportunities within the revenue cycle to continuously eliminate variability and inefficiency from all processes.
- Manage and post all third party and patient payment posting
- Manage daily lockbox remittances (electronic image and hardcopy) and timely batching and distribution of payments/correspondence
- Reconcile daily deposits to billing system and accurately track/publish daily work-in-progress (unposted $’s)
- Ensure posting of all payments within 48 hours of receipt or less.
- Process daily electronic remittances from clearinghouse (835s), including researching errors to maximize automatic posting of transactions from all payers
- Manage/monitor billing system payment and adjustment transaction codes to ensure accurate reporting and disposition of claims
- Monitor electronic posting rate and opportunities to expand, including initiating and tracking EDI paperwork with billing system vendor when necessary (this might be a stretch…this role will likely be very administrative and transactional)
- Continuously monitor and communicate critical trends to the Billing Manager.
- 1 – 3 years of related work experience; data entry and payment posting preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Basic spreadsheet and word processing
- 10-key skills (6,000kph required)
- Experience with ERA processing
- Familiarity with medical billing systems a plus
- Knowledge of EDI and EFT payer enrollment process a plus
- Coding knowledge a plus
- Process-oriented, organized and exceptional attention to detail
- Optimistic team-player and creative problem solver
- Highly responsive with an inherent disposition towards customer service at the highest
- Analytical: Ability to see trends, devise ways to measure their impact/significance, and translate into targeted recommendations and/or action plans.
- Systems Thinker: Someone who doesn’t just tackle problems, but sees the impact of a given issue on all aspects of the revenue cycle and looks for permanent solutions instead of short-term fixes.
Indeed - 6 months ago
At One Medical Group, we are experts in the art and science of preventive health. From treating the root cause of an illness to combining th...