One Medical Employee Reviews

Great for patients not so great for certain types of employees
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2017
The offices are very chic and inviting. The company definitely takes customer service and patient care seriously. However, in my opinion they do not embrace diversity or individuality in the workplace unless you are close friends with management. There is a specific demographic that they hire.
Pros
benefits, location
Cons
no workplace diversity, cliquey
Fun workplace with intensive work and minimal benefits
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAAugust 10, 2017
-Management Team is friendly
-Customer service is priority
-Minimal opportunity for growth and career advancement
-Constantly opening new clinics yet budget is very tight
Pros
9-5 work hours
Cons
employee turnover rate high. Minimal opportunity for personal growth
Good Experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2017
A lot to learn at first which can be overwhelming but very easy to grasp within a month or so. Great workplace environment/culture. Many opportunities to grow within the company. Overall, a great place to work.
Phlebotomist
Phlebotomist - Primary Care (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 28, 2017
Absolutely loved the culture of the company.
Not a day went by that I was upset to go into work.
It did not feel like work because I loved my job. I hope I can say that as Nurse as well!
Pros
Cons
Starting salary could be a bit more competitive
Chill culture
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 22, 2017
Great culture, really works with you. Great pay and benefits. The Phoenix wing is having some trouble though and many people, myself including have left.
Fast paced, mission driven, great people
Care Navigator and Health Coach (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 12, 2017
The company works to offer exceptional care, but they are struggling with adapting their fast growth rate with how to maintain the start up culture. Great benefits, really kind people-you will work with people you want to be friends with and actually enjoy talking with them. Company events are always full and a good time. The compensation is not as high as in competitive companies.
Pros
people, free food, 401k, healthcare
Cons
career advancement, compensation
Wonderful, talented people dedicated to the mission
HEAD OF CORPORATE OPERATIONS & LEADERSHIP SUPPORT (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 7, 2017
I've never worked anywhere before with a culture quite like One Medical. the company takes time to invest in its people and culture; there is great opportunity for career development and lots of fun cultural events to strengthen team bonding.
Pros
Culture and people development
Cons
Long hours at times
Overall Good Experience
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlingame, CADecember 30, 2016
One Medical has been a great place to work. They care about their employees and their mission. One Medical focuses a lot on growth internally and makes their employees feel invested in. The culture is great. The hardest part of this job is work-life balance. One Medical could do a better job with promoting work-life balance.
Future-focused company with great staff
Revenue Cycle, Charge Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 17, 2016
Admin-level positions had high turnover, but overall solid place to work. Lots of opportunity to find a team fit for you and management invested in career advancement. Working with health insurance companies can be tedious and annoying, but knowing that we were working towards making healthcare more accessible helped.
Pros
Free lunches, regular happy hours and events, fun but still serious environment
Cons
Communication between teams could be improved
Supportive, fun community
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAOctober 10, 2016
I enjoyed my time at One Medical Group very much. While my position with the company was a temporary one due to my anticipated enrollment in nursing school, the year I worked there was a great opportunity for me to learn about primary care, the intricacies of the US healthcare system, and make many great friends.
Great company culture and work/life balance
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 20, 2015
This is a great company to work for. I always feel supported at work and the culture is fun, creative, and diverse. There can be downsides due to "growing pains" and customer interactions, but working with the public is always challenging. The people make this company worth the 40 hours you put in each week.
Pros
Company events, managerial support/interest, workplace culture
Cons
Pay is lower, in some roles, as it is a newer company and not an established corporation.
Great company!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 20, 2015
One Medical Group is a great company that cares about its employees. It is constantly working to improve processes and provide the best service to its patients.
great place to work
Urgent Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 11, 2014
excellent work life balance
4days a week
collegial environment
Pros
beautiful offices
Cons
low pay
I was a hired as a private contractor as agreed upon.One Medical Group definitely met their end of the agreement.
Account and Receiving Specialist. (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 12, 2014
Very upscale fancy place to work!
Phlebotomist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington D.C.September 19, 2013
It felt good coming to work everyday being that the offices are gorgeous, but they are a fun group that loves to get together for happy hours at least 3 times a week, I was singled out because I could not hang out as much because I have kids.
Pros
Gorgeous upscale offices
Cons
Too many get togethers and meetings, no sensitivity for workers with children
fun and relaxing
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2012
i loved this place it was so nice and well to work around it. Everyone used to just get along with out no problems and helped each other out when needed. i miss this place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at One Medical. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2