ONE ON ONE PHYSICAL THERAPY Employee Reviews

Busy PT practice, too much drama
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 14, 2017
Some of the PTs are excessively demanding and can speak down to front office staff. Most were very nice, though. Office had way too much drama for anyone to stay too long. It was more like a stepping stone job.
Great Company, Horrible Management
Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 10, 2017
The company perks are great however, I believe it is to compensated for the horrible management. Although they advance only from within the upper management seems to forget where they come from in terms of workload. They set unrealistic goals for their staff and expect it to be completed.
Pros
Company Perks
Cons
Upper management
Productive fun place to work
Physical Therapists Aide (Former Employee) –  44 Court StreetNovember 11, 2015
I learned so much about team work, its always a fun day while working and interacting with the patients. The hardest part of the job is when being overwhelmed by patients. The most enjoyable part of the job is the the learning experience.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
short breaks
Top physical therapy place in NY with a good family feel to it.
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 21, 2015
This is honestly a good place to work. All the therapists are eager to teach and just looking for someone eager to learn. Co-workers and patients are friendly and fun to work with. A typical day is very busy showing new patients exercises, reviewing with old patients their exercises, setting up in the gym, on the tables. As an aide, we're the "go to" guys for the therapist. Their right hand people. The ones they trust to keep patients calm and not let them give up or not try because they're scared. I learned a ton on the job. How body parts function, what muscles to strengthen, how to properly stretch, and so much more. Management/office could use a little work. I feel it could use a lot more organization and communication skill. The office is a weak point. There's no hardest part of the job I can think of. If I had to say, it'd be juggling 4 different things at once, but knowing your priorities comes at a later point in the job. You know what to do first and what can wait. The most enjoyable is watching a patient progress. Knowing I had something to do with that. It's a very rewarding feeling. Overall it's a fun place to work and learn.
Pros
free use of gym space and equipment, company outings, learned a ton about PT
Cons
Healthcare
Interesting Opportunity
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYAugust 10, 2015
These positions have taught me alot about the corporate world and how hard work and determination can move you up the corporate ladder. In my 13 years at One On One I have learned a vast amount of information pertaining to not only the medical billing and terminology but the physical aspect of the healthcare world as well.
Pros
hours adjusted for my needs
Cons
We pay into healthcare
great place to work
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 14, 2015
you would like working here and you learn a lot. The staff is very helpful.
Productive and fun work place with a gym/swimming pool
Physical Therapist; Director (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 13, 2014
A small outpatient rehab facility with a primarily orthopedic and sports injury population located within a community gym. A typical day at work involved evaluations and treatments of approximately 35-50 patients, in a 10-12 hour work day. I gained valuable experience in the treatment of orthopedic, post-surgical patients and time management of these patients. I worked with a young dynamic group of people who were significantly younger than me but were professional and focused. the hardest part of the job was trying to ensure that everyone received the same high quality treatments. Also the facility was not properly designed for our more elderly and infirmed patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with other staff members and the patients, who were very appreciative of the work we were trying to do in progressing them back to their prior level of function..
Pros
Gym/swimming pool
Cons
Heavy workload. Significant amount of paperwork
Very busy place.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 19, 2014
There are over 7 different locations of this company. Some of the locations have very poor scheduling, patients are allowed in anytime they step in which makes it hard for the clinicians to predict the day or even to take their lunch breaks. Hardest part of working for this company is to be expected to work more than one location during the week, every week. You could be asked to work in any other location at any moment for the rest of the day or the week.
Pros
Wide variety of patients.
Cons
Very short lunch breaks, no vacations unless you find a coverage.
Productive and a fun place to work
Biller Clerk and Account Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 15, 2014
Post payments, verify insurance and schedule patients. submit claims to insurance company like working with my co-workers. This is a good place to work.
fast-paced and producitve environment
Occupational therapy volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 30, 2014
• Interact with patients in order to teach them to regain functions of shoulders, wrists, hands and fingers.
• Heat and ice pad application
• Translate into French, Creole and Spanish
Learn alot
Great management
Great place
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 29, 2013
This place was busy and it made me learn a whole knew world that actually helped my in my life. I would get authorization for the physical therapy, code all the patients, take co-pays and learn all different exerises that needs to be done for a certain surgery.
nice office
office manager (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYDecember 23, 2012
great location friendly work place ... loved working there docs and staff was great
Pros
hours / good pay
Cons
parking
was a nice place to work, pleasant people
Manager (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMay 22, 2012
Typical day was very busy constant phone calls, assisting patients.

I learned that I could delegate responsibility and be a problem solver.

My co-workers were a pleasure to work with respectful, professional, all a round pleasant.

The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with patients.