Are you a dynamic, experienced elder care professional? Would you like to work for one of the most exciting companies in the senior care and services arena?
One Senior Place is a unique one-stop senior resource and shopping center that provides information, counseling and referrals, events and activities, and direct access to independent providers of senior products and services… all under one roof.
Our rapidly-growing Care Management Division is in immediate need of a Geriatric Care Manager to work with seniors and their family caregivers who come to One Senior Place for assistance with issues of aging. The job includes: assessment; care planning; coordinating health care; and making referrals/arranging/monitoring the in-home care and services needed to keep the client as healthy, safe and independent as possible.
This position requires an individual with a passion for helping seniors, who is at the same time highly motivated and results driven. Excellent planning, organization, communications and customer service skills are critical. Recent health or senior care marketing and sales experience is a strong plus. The ideal candidate will live in north Orange or south Seminole County and have established healthcare and networking contacts.
- Geriatric Assessment and Comprehensive Care Planning
- Care Coordination
- Doctor visits with client
- Advocacy for client
- Crisis intervention
- Ongoing assessments and monitoring of care
- Evaluation of response to plan of care
- Communication with healthcare providers and family
- Must be a RN, LCSW or LPN. Will consider person with certification in gerontology or MSW.
- Certified or willing to obtain certification as geriatric manager
- Knowledge of area service providers and resources for seniors: medical, senior living, financial/legal/insurance, and in-home care and services.
- Knowledge of benefits, entitlements and insurance for seniors: home health care, Medicare/Medicaid/VA guidelines, health and LTC insurance
- Demonstrated integrity and initiative
- Able to work autonomously
- Must satisfy company screening requirements including FBI Level 2 background check
- Compensation package including salary, benefits and incentive bonuses.
- Paid time off / vacation
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Medical/vision/dental plans
- Expense and Mileage reimbursement
Indeed - 5 months ago
One Senior Place is a unique resource and "mini-mall" for seniors, offering information, advice and guidance, events, and onsite...