One Step Beyond, Inc Employee Reviews

Members are the only reason to stay
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZOctober 12, 2017
It's a family company, so if you're not family or family friend you don't get advanced. Some management is alright but a majority just ignore staff when changes are needed or complaints are made. There is the steady promise of addressing staff and member needs, but it is just promises. They try to make you feel bad, by bringing up whether or not you care for the members, when you ask for changes (to benefit both members and staff). On the bright side, most of the staff and some management are kind and devoted. But it is the kind and devoted staff that are being run off. If you stay long enough you will find they have a huge turn around of staff most the time, and that almost everyone talks about leaving or finding work elsewhere.
Pros
Members
Do this job because you Love it
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZJuly 30, 2017
I absolutely LOVE my job. The members are the kindest people ever. Opportunity to move up is there. This company prefers to hire within if possible. So once your in and your good and what you do their is advancement potential. I received two promotions in 2 years. Pay could be better however.
Pros
Overtime with Friday Fun Nights
Cons
Doesn't Pay Enough.
Fun place to work
Direct Care/ HCBS Provider (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZDecember 30, 2016
Great place to work if you love diversity and bringing smiles to people's faces. I love interacting with my clients and we get to do fun things like taking local trips out into the community to help teach living skills to clients.
A day in the life with Special Needs
Health and Wellness Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZDecember 3, 2016
What gives me joy in my work is that is appreciated unconditionally by the members that I serve. With society looking down on those that were born less fortunate for whatever reason, it's that foundation that I base my relationship with these members.

Helping those that truly need and appreciate it make life worthwhile.
Best experience of my life!!
Senior Director (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZNovember 29, 2016
I have been involved with One Step Beyond, Inc. for over 13 years. The company and staff, involved in making the dreams of people with disability a reality, are some the most dedicated, professional, experienced, and compassionate people whom I've had the privilege to work with. One Step Beyond, Inc offers the highest of quality of programs that encompasses not only independent life skills and employment programs, but art, dance, music, fitness and culinary programs. I would highly recommend this company to anyone who is looking at making a difference in the life of a person with an intellectual disability, as it has changed my life and I couldn't be more proud to be part of such a wonderful organization.
Pros
benefits, culture, life experiences
Cons
Best experience of my life!!
Senior Director Vocational & Culinary Programs (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZNovember 29, 2016
I have been involved with One Step Beyond, Inc. for over 13 years. The company and staff, involved in making the dreams of people with disability a reality, are some the most dedicated, professional, experienced, and compassionate people whom I've had the privilege to work with. One Step Beyond, Inc offers the highest of quality of programs that encompasses not only independent life skills and employment programs, but art, dance, music, fitness and culinary programs as well. I would highly recommend this company to anyone who is looking at making a difference in the life of a person with an intellectual disability, as it has changed my life and I couldn't be more proud to be part of such a wonderful organization.
Pros
Benefits, culture, life experiences
Slow
Vocational Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZNovember 18, 2016
Family business not enough employee meetings, no pay increases for entry positions. Not enough space for the clients to have productive classes. Old management dictates
Pros
Cool employees
Cons
No HR department
A rewarding environment based on helping Program Members
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 7, 2016
As a past Board Member coming into the operations environment I quickly experienced the lack of transparency of information from Management to the Board of Directors.

Over the last 5 year period, the Organization has seen 6 Executive Directors come and go, and my 15 month length of service was the longest.

The Company being made up of mostly young people, were very receptive of learning new methods, educational opportunities and rewards. These were seldom offered over the last 11 years.

The Student Members were a joy to be with every day.
Administration (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZDecember 6, 2014
One Step Beyond, Inc. provides an invaluable service to the community by servicing adults with cognitive learning disabilities. The overall experience encounters barriers at times because it is a non-profit agency. The company is growing by leaps and bounds with significant potential.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Non-Profit (State Funded)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at One Step Beyond, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7