One Step Data has been servicing the technology needs of the small to medium sized retailer since 1988. Since that time the number of retail technology offerings has grown into the thousands. Plus, in recent years there has been an even more significant change in the retail technology industry because some of largest software companies in the world have entered the market.
Both Microsoft (developers of MS POS) and Intuit (developers of Quick Books) offer low cost packages targeted at the small noncomplex retailers. Also, DELL and Gateway both offer point of sale hardware at rock bottom prices. In the past, a retailer had to rely on the professional services supplied by Value Added Reseller,s just like One Step Data to install, train, support and customize their retail technology. In fact, One Step Data has been doing just that for 20 years.
Now, the smaller retailer that doesn,t have a myriad of unique business processes has several inexpensive options available to choose from. One Step Data has grown an in-depth understanding of how to effectively install and support these smaller systems. In order to compete and continue to service the market we are now able to offer these lower priced packages when it makes sense to the retailer.
We really see that there are two distinctive approaches to purchasing retail technology, one for the noncomplex retailer that can use out of the box but fairly inflexible software and another for the complex retailer that needs advanced features and/or customizations along with professional services to plan, implement, train, support, and service not just the technology but the business itself as it interacts with the technology.
One Step Data has teamed up with Microsoft to service the first type of retailer described above with their Point of Sale and in some cases Retail Management System products. We believe that Microsoft is an excellent ally in this case, has a great product to offer, and has some wonderful tools to help the retailer learn to use these products much on their own. We can both advise and implement these products and, as the retailers sophistication grows, we can train, support, and upgrade and assist expansion.
For the second type of retailer described above there are several options in terms of product. What is more important first than shopping for a particular product is to understand what business issues you are looking to solve with technology, what challenges you face, and what goals you have for the technology. These do vary greatly by industry and they vary by business and understanding these differences is where One Step Data,s expertise truly lies.
Here is a brief summary of the different core products that One Step Data can now offer to a retailer to truly fit their needs for technology.
1) QBPOS is a software product now developed by Intuit but was originally developed and purchased from Retail Pro. It is sold directly to the retailer who is a small, non-complex ,do-it-yourselfer,.
2) Microsoft POS (Point of Sale) is an excellent solution for single store non-complex retailers where the price of the system is more important than the cost now. but who expect to grow and want an option that allows them to easily do that.
2) Microsoft RMS (Retail Management System) is an excellent solution for a 1 to 5 store retailer in the hard goods market that doesn,t need much in the way of complex or flexible software.
3) NEVO Retail , is a top shelf, highly scalable and flexible system that is good for a wide range of retailers from hard to soft goods. It is good for retailers with 1 to 50 locations.
4) NEVO Golf , is a very powerful golf course management system that allows for complex tee time management as well as complete facility management including cart rentals, inventory control and food / beverage. The system scales to handle a single course all the way up to managing multiple courses.
5) Retail Pro , is a top shelf, highly scalable and flexible system that is primarily good for soft goods and gift/novelty retailer. It is a good fit for retailers with 5 to 250 locations.
One Step Data,s real value to you as a retailer is as technology consultants. We take the time to find out what problems you are having, what ones you want to prevent, and look at how to achieve your goals with technology. Then and only then will we be able to professionally prescribe a ,best-fit, solution. There is NO perfect solution out there but with the products we offer we can get pretty close.
But it doesn,t stop there. We don,t leave you after the initial installation. With One Step Data you get a full service organization to see you through the implementation, the training, and then the ongoing support of your systems. We are constantly scouring the market to find alliances or products that can further aid you in business. We strive always to supply information that is relevant and actionable to your business practices. Then we conduct live and online events to bring you this information, training, and new products in easy to understand formats.
It is our mission to help you flourish and prosper through technology. – less–ZoomInfo