One Stop Career Center Employee Reviews

Very productive and friendly environment
Welfare Transition Program Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLNovember 15, 2015
I (we) had the pleasure to work with customers from all walks of life, assisting them with applying for unemployment or employment and with parents who needed cash assistance. It was a very busy environment, at times stressful, but rewarding when I (we) could be of service to them. Our office manager was kind to us, and wanted us to give 100% to our customers, no matter what the circumstance was. We had a very friendly environment and everyone got along well with each other and supported each other. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting a diverse group of people daily and providing the best customer service possible. I learned that not everyone is willing to go the extra mile to achieve what they set out to do and we cannot make them do so, no matter how hard we may try.
Pros
Traveling to other agencies to meet with other employees in the business
Cons
No bonuses
productive and great team work.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 9, 2015
This job is something i can see myself growing in. The coworkers are amazing and so sweet. This job is a hard job to learn but the challenging job is worth it.
I was a teacher of Chinese in China, Shanghai, and I went USA 6 more years ago, I love this country. I want to be a teacher assistant in USA.
OFFICE ASSISTANT/RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 4, 2015
I was a computer servicer when I worked in One Stop Career Link. I learned a lot of customer service skills and getting well on my computer skills. I should say that the management treated me was nicely, but for some reasons that I must go and ended this position. The most hardest part of the job to me was I had to pay more patient to all customers, even though some of them might very irritated and angry with me..., because maybe they were just losing jobs or something's, they seemed like very anxious for apply some new jobs to use the computers there, if they be unhappy with me or said some unfriendly to me... I always said that I must to face the challenges that I met. I said they need be in my warmly attitude servicing.
Well, the most enjoyed part of the job, that I thought it was making friends easily than before, as you knew, I was a teacher and all the kids were teenagers...
great place to work at.
Employment & Training Service Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hollister, CASeptember 16, 2015
They opened the postion for me. Great organization for the community. Friendly and outgoing staff, they train you for most of the postions in the department.
Customer Service
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLSeptember 9, 2015
helping unemployed vets and civilians with resumes, cover letters and learning how to use a computer. Very enjoyable work place
Very productive and nice place to work
Street Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Pleasantville, NJJuly 16, 2015
If you ever want to do security this is one of the top companies around that you could for. Everybody is friendly such as the co-workers and supervisors
Productive and Fun work place with Admidstrative work.
Administrative duties (Former Employee) –  Therofore NJJuly 2, 2015
Learning to be understanding and concern for other peoples feelings. That people are only human we make mistakes. we are not perfect. Management is wonderful to work with.They work with you not against you. They are a joy to work with they treat you like family.
keeping your anger in. Not take anything into consecration. Leaving at the end of the day knowing you helped out a stranger and made a new friend.
Pros
music to listen to and 15 minuet brakes before and after lunch.
Cons
that there are people who you want to help but not able to.
Grea job
Productive and fun workplace
Office Assistant Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Seaside, CAMay 29, 2014
Very nice co- workers
Fun workplace
All girls in the deparment
productive, busy work place , fun to work with others, love paperwork and typing this job was extremely amazing
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJMarch 7, 2014
I learned how to master in excel, powerpoint, word, and out look . I have accomplished great office experience in a very busy environment and i can multitask better than anyone out there! my co- workers were amazing, talented, funny and full of life. the most hardest part about the job was dealing with the public from unemployment, being that the one stop career center is located inside the unemployment office, we got literally over 100 clients getting redirected to us, and we had to direct them back to the rite place! that took a lot of time and energy dealing with One Stops clients yet alone with unemployments clients. The part that i enjoyed the most, was helping people put smiles on their faces and fulfilling all there needs.
Pros
getting free lunch on fridays!
Cons
i would say every thing was perfect
wonderful enviornment to work in.
Clerk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJJanuary 14, 2013
Everyone was very friendly and willing to help others. there was always something to do. if anyone was out for any reason, the employees will fill in any way they could.
was a very fun and productive fun work place
Secretary (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJOctober 26, 2012
a typical day at work consisted of filing,typing paperwork,assisting returning customers,guiding customers to seminars answering phones and assisting my boss. the learning process for me here was to basically endure all you can because the customer is always right. My coworkers were outstanding always were wiling to help when i needed them and very supportive.
Pros
hour lunch, very enjoyable with coworkers
Cons
only one break for the day
Fun Environment and Pleasant Coworkers
Customer Service/ Volunteer (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLOctober 2, 2012
This Position was a volunteer position which allowed me to meet a variety of people. Everyday coming in to work was something to look forward to with a laid back yet professional atmosphere. I learned how to help customers address their needs, find gainful employment and help them with inquires about benefits which best suited their needs.
Productive Workplace
Front Desk Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLAugust 30, 2012
One Stop Career Center was a great experience for me even though it was a short time but it gave me the experience I needed to beable to one day work full time in this field.
Review
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 7, 2012
if i was unemployed to come and tryy to find a job..-how does it works-
Good Experience`
Employment Specialist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alameda, CAJune 27, 2012
This is a great start to learning office work, I am learning more everyday about the field and it increases my interest
did alot of clerical work
Data Entry Associate (Volunteer Assignment) (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJApril 25, 2012
I would sign clients in/out so they can see case managers and also did alot of filing.

4.3