One Stop Career Center Employee Reviews

Above Average
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Thorofare, NJOctober 10, 2017
One Stop allowed me to advance my career. I was provided a work counselor. I was provided with access to computers, copy machines, and fax machine. I was able to make professional connections and attend job fairs.
Productive and fun place to work, and to help others find work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAAugust 4, 2017
The company has since changed management and locations. So, to be fair I can not speak of the current norm for this company. I enjoyed my time with them before the change of administration.
Pros
1 hour lunches which gives you time to take care of other things besides eating lunch.
Cons
Concentrated with helping people of this community find commensurate employment.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJuly 22, 2017
Well organized office for facilitating a diverse range of individuals who are seeking employment.

Very thorough and efficient group of committed workers assisting people with organization a resume, job search, and the necessary approach to locating employment.
Pros
Efficient, experienced staff, result oriented.
Cons
Should expand days that people can take placement test that would avoid over booking available slots
Nice place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 21, 2017
Provided customer service in fast-paced bar atmosphere.
Maintained and restocked inventory.
Scan bus tickets to verify that customer is valet to ride bus and confirm correct location.
Answers customer’s questions and inquires
Maintain clean and organized work area.
Communicate with my fellow co-workers to make a positive boarding experience for all guests
A day at work
Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 9, 2017
I go to work and finish the work from the previous day. If I don't have anything to do I'll ask my supervisor for something. I learned to put my feelings aside and do what I had to do in my workspace. There was not a hard part when working at the job. I am an easy person to get along with. The most enjoyable part of working was coming to work everyday.
wonderful co-workers
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MDApril 4, 2017
Provided direct services to job seekers. Directed job seekers to training opportunities, and conducted job readiness workshops. created power point presentation about job search skills, and labor market trends.
Pros
great location
Cons
small office
Motivating environment
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHMarch 16, 2017
Overall great opportunity would have loved to be hired in full time but moved to a new state. staff was very friendly and this was the first job to give me the opportunity to work
Pros
Free lunches, paid weekly, friendly staff, provided for family and children
Cons
Healthcare, 12hour shifts, didn't get a lot of time with kids
Convenience
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCMarch 13, 2017
Good place to work while in school. Convenient because it was located behind the college. It was within walking distance. Earned extra cash for incidentals.
Pros
Off weekends
Cons
Too much standing
Very nice place to work it gives good help to the community and skills to be a productive member to society moving forward in career path.
Administative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYMarch 3, 2017
One Stop career center offers a environment to the public that you can obtain knowledge of current job opportunities and assistance with resume building that is fundamental in the employment process. Working here is always uplifting the staff really keeps a professional level of high standards at all times. I actually get a piece of mind while I'm in the facility it has a good spiritual connection when you walk through the door. Very nice place to work.
Pros
knowledge of upcoming Job possitions, friendly, always something to do thats possitive
Cons
not enough of these facilities around
Fun, fast paced work enviorment
Assistant Manager/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 4, 2017
I learned so much working here. Met tons of people. Wonderful advancements in career opportunities. Got to travel all over Michigan visiting different resturants
Volunteer Oportunity
Assisting unemployed - volunteer (Former Employee) –  Southbridge, MANovember 15, 2016
Working with the people at the Career Center in Southbridge MA was one of the best experiences in my life. Every day there was something else to learn.
Pros
people
SImple Job
OFFICE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Pleasantville, NJOctober 4, 2016
I worked here as part of a summer program years ago. Overall was a simple, easy job. Management was very respectful. Co workers always made the day go by.
An excellent experience to improve and learn new job skills.
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CANovember 23, 2015
Deliver and receive mail to distribute.
Image documents.
Answer phones and route calls.
I work well with my co-workers.
Pros
Always able to learn something new from more than one person at this job.
Cons
Jack In The Box is the only fast food for lunch out here by the airport.
Very productive and friendly environment
Welfare Transition Program Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLNovember 15, 2015
I (we) had the pleasure to work with customers from all walks of life, assisting them with applying for unemployment or employment and with parents who needed cash assistance. It was a very busy environment, at times stressful, but rewarding when I (we) could be of service to them. Our office manager was kind to us, and wanted us to give 100% to our customers, no matter what the circumstance was. We had a very friendly environment and everyone got along well with each other and supported each other. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting a diverse group of people daily and providing the best customer service possible. I learned that not everyone is willing to go the extra mile to achieve what they set out to do and we cannot make them do so, no matter how hard we may try.
Pros
Traveling to other agencies to meet with other employees in the business
Cons
No bonuses
productive and great team work.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 9, 2015
This job is something i can see myself growing in. The coworkers are amazing and so sweet. This job is a hard job to learn but the challenging job is worth it.
I was a teacher of Chinese in China, Shanghai, and I went USA 6 more years ago, I love this country. I want to be a teacher assistant in USA.
OFFICE ASSISTANT/RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 4, 2015
I was a computer servicer when I worked in One Stop Career Link. I learned a lot of customer service skills and getting well on my computer skills. I should say that the management treated me was nicely, but for some reasons that I must go and ended this position. The most hardest part of the job to me was I had to pay more patient to all customers, even though some of them might very irritated and angry with me..., because maybe they were just losing jobs or something's, they seemed like very anxious for apply some new jobs to use the computers there, if they be unhappy with me or said some unfriendly to me... I always said that I must to face the challenges that I met. I said they need be in my warmly attitude servicing.
Well, the most enjoyed part of the job, that I thought it was making friends easily than before, as you knew, I was a teacher and all the kids were teenagers...
great place to work at.
Employment & Training Service Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hollister, CASeptember 16, 2015
They opened the postion for me. Great organization for the community. Friendly and outgoing staff, they train you for most of the postions in the department.
Customer Service
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLSeptember 9, 2015
helping unemployed vets and civilians with resumes, cover letters and learning how to use a computer. Very enjoyable work place
Very productive and nice place to work
Street Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Pleasantville, NJJuly 16, 2015
If you ever want to do security this is one of the top companies around that you could for. Everybody is friendly such as the co-workers and supervisors
Productive and Fun work place with Admidstrative work.
Administrative duties (Former Employee) –  Therofore NJJuly 2, 2015
Learning to be understanding and concern for other peoples feelings. That people are only human we make mistakes. we are not perfect. Management is wonderful to work with.They work with you not against you. They are a joy to work with they treat you like family.
keeping your anger in. Not take anything into consecration. Leaving at the end of the day knowing you helped out a stranger and made a new friend.
Pros
music to listen to and 15 minuet brakes before and after lunch.
Cons
that there are people who you want to help but not able to.