One Stop Employee Reviews

It was decent
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Walker, MIJanuary 19, 2017
I learned how to drive a stand up forklift, how to check in there products that come in. The management was OK, but my specific manager like to play favorites
Pros
Half hour lunches
Cons
Boss plays favorites
Poor workplace
Gas Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MIJanuary 6, 2017
A typical day at work was hectic. The coworkers, management, and customers were very rude. I got fired for answering an important call in the death of my family memeber. I had the assistant manager make rude comments towards me, and went to management about me having someone I knew come in work and chat with me for a bit. I was called in for meeting and was fired. My last check I recieved wasnt for the hours I work it was much less. They denied me any explanation on anything they just straigt fired me.
Pros
Weekly compensation
Cons
poor management, poor employees
Cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 12, 2016
I love the environment I was in. Working at one stop was a great experience. One was the the first place I learned how to be a cashier. I grew up going to one stop as a child and when I was old enough numan gave me a job. Its right dab in the middle of south Oakland so it get very busy at time but I don't mind. The reason I don't mind is because you meet pretty cool people and its amazing.
Cons
Long hours and varied hours
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 12, 2016
A typical day at work, running the lottery machine and answering customer questions with a smile. The hardest part of my job is trying to control your temper when getting yelled at by customers. I had a great manager who was willing to work with my schedule as long as I continued to do what was expected of me.
Pros
Free fountain during shift
Cons
no breaks and doing the cooler
One Stop Review
Express Order Puller (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 19, 2016
It's a good company to work for, awesome managers, flexible schedules, easy work. However, no talking policy, no music, working alone, lots of heavy lifting and walking.
Pros
Decent pay, easy job, flexible schedule
Cons
No breaks, no talking, lot of heavy lifting and walking
Summary
Payroll / Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVAugust 26, 2016
Need to pay the employees what they are worth - establish a better connection between administration and regular employees
fast paced, customer focused
assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVAugust 26, 2016
very busy serving lots of customers. attentive management. pleasant co-workers...hardest part of the job is inventory..most enjoyable was interacting with the many customers
Pros
freedom to perform job without over-supervision
Cons
low pay
Fun work enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sedan, KSAugust 24, 2016
Cash handling, opening and closing procedures with paperwork, shift changes, counting down drawer every shift. Making sure the store is clean, organized, and stocked well.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 11, 2016
Learned cash handling, processed customer payments debit, credit, & gift. Professionalism. Balanced cash drawer. Check ID's for tobacco & alcohol products. Close shift. End of shift paperwork.
Cons
Short breaks, people stealing
This company offers wonderful advancement great benifits
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVMay 10, 2016
Opening store food prep for day and general store maintenance. I learned managerial skills and what it takes to run a business. The management was great always ready to step in if I needed help. Some overtime hours were required to keep store running but was allowed to take breaks when convenient.
Pros
personal advancement
Family Oriented
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCMarch 25, 2016
I enjoyed and miss my time there. The company was one of the best that I have worked for. I really have no negative comments regarding my time at One Stop.
Low level management needs improvement
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cross Lanes, WVMarch 18, 2016
Manager showed favoritism, bias. Excessive abuse of power. On a typical day you run a register, stock and count cigarettes, take out trash from inside or outside, 2 cashiers per shift. clean bathrooms, stock cooler. Manager assigns extra duties, like wipe down 3 sandwich shelves, wipe down 8 gas island pumps. On my last day manager had me clean 23 trash cans, inside and out, in addition to my regular duties. You have no meal breaks, they allow you to have a smoke break when you have no customers.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
No meal breaks, no sitting, poor manager
Good job
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gosnell, ARFebruary 10, 2016
I began my day 4:30 am, preparing breakfast, Open the store at 5:20 am. Though I enjoyed my co-workers, the hardest part of my job was dealing with their negative emotions. If they had a good day, so did I. My customer made even a bad day, good. I miss my customers.
Pros
great employer
Cons
no insurance
Enjoyable atmosphere
Facilities and Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVJanuary 22, 2016
Some stress but, nothing I couldn't handle. Enjoyed my coworkers. Particularly liked making decisions and watching them come to fruition.
Great Place To Work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVJanuary 21, 2016
Kept busy managing business, customer interactions, followed health codes, price changes, and supervised employees,
Owner
Owner/Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 6, 2016
Owner of a convenient store. Ran the day to day operation of the store. Made sure it was fully stocked with everything that was needed.
Enjoy the talking with customers
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  West End MallOctober 28, 2015
You had to be at 9:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. getting your cash register ready for that day then your 1st 15 minutes break then a 30 minutes lunch break you be waiting for 2nd 15 minutes break then can't wait for the day be over so you can go home.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
The benefits should have some
Enjoyed my job
Custodial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXSeptember 23, 2015
Out standing staff to work with,well trained employees.Very respectable company,never a dull moment throughout the night.If I had the opportunity to do it all again I would.
productive and fun workplace
Case management (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAAugust 23, 2015
this company was very helpful with training others to prepare for the school or workforce environment. I highly recommend this place of employment for those who desire to help others excel in life.
Co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nashville, ILAugust 16, 2015
I always enjoyed working at One Stop, Rollin Up. The work environment was great. My co-workers, along with my manager, were easy going and very friendly. Our staff was very small, and we all got along great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at One Stop. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval