One Stop Employee Reviews in United States

This company offers wonderful advancement great benifits
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVMay 10, 2016
Opening store food prep for day and general store maintenance. I learned managerial skills and what it takes to run a business. The management was great always ready to step in if I needed help. Some overtime hours were required to keep store running but was allowed to take breaks when convenient.
Pros
personal advancement
Cons
Low level management needs improvement
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cross Lanes, WVMarch 18, 2016
Manager showed favoritism, bias. Excessive abuse of power. On a typical day you run a register, stock and count cigarettes, take out trash from inside or outside, 2 cashiers per shift. clean bathrooms, stock cooler. Manager assigns extra duties, like wipe down 3 sandwich shelves, wipe down 8 gas island pumps. On my last day manager had me clean 23 trash cans, inside and out, in addition to my regular duties. You have no meal breaks, they allow you to have a smoke break when you have no customers.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
No meal breaks, no sitting, poor manager
Good job
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gosnell, ARFebruary 10, 2016
I began my day 4:30 am, preparing breakfast, Open the store at 5:20 am. Though I enjoyed my co-workers, the hardest part of my job was dealing with their negative emotions. If they had a good day, so did I. My customer made even a bad day, good. I miss my customers.
Pros
great employer
Cons
no insurance
Enjoyable atmosphere
Facilities and Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVJanuary 22, 2016
Some stress but, nothing I couldn't handle. Enjoyed my coworkers. Particularly liked making decisions and watching them come to fruition.
Great Place To Work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVJanuary 21, 2016
Kept busy managing business, customer interactions, followed health codes, price changes, and supervised employees,
Owner
Owner/Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 6, 2016
Owner of a convenient store. Ran the day to day operation of the store. Made sure it was fully stocked with everything that was needed.
Enjoy the talking with customers
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  West End MallOctober 28, 2015
You had to be at 9:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. getting your cash register ready for that day then your 1st 15 minutes break then a 30 minutes lunch break you be waiting for 2nd 15 minutes break then can't wait for the day be over so you can go home.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
The benefits should have some
Enjoyed my job
Custodial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXSeptember 23, 2015
Out standing staff to work with,well trained employees.Very respectable company,never a dull moment throughout the night.If I had the opportunity to do it all again I would.
productive and fun workplace
Case management (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAAugust 23, 2015
this company was very helpful with training others to prepare for the school or workforce environment. I highly recommend this place of employment for those who desire to help others excel in life.
Co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nashville, ILAugust 16, 2015
I always enjoyed working at One Stop, Rollin Up. The work environment was great. My co-workers, along with my manager, were easy going and very friendly. Our staff was very small, and we all got along great.
Simple workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 12, 2015
I did not mind working here, the area was great and all the customers and management were friendly. The pay was basic and the job was simple to learn.
The most challenging and rewarding place that taught me more than I ever though possible.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  East Saint Louis, ILAugust 11, 2015
I learned how to use positive and encouraging communication to build confidence,and foster positive relationships among employees, and upper management. The hardest part of the job is dealing with employees that don't pull their weight, don't show up for work. and lie about unimportant job functions. The most important part of the job is meeting new people, asking them about their day, finding out what they need then fulfilling and exceeding their expectations.
Pros
having fun with co-workers, getting to meet new people. Being creative and implementing new ideas
Cons
Scheduling, lack of positive attitude, and favoritism .
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Milton, WVJuly 31, 2015
my coworkers at onestop are all really great people. in a typical day with my job i have a lot of customer interaction and money transactions. the hardest part about my job is being by yourself most of your shift. the most enjoyable part is working in a fast paced environment and you get to meet a lot of different people.
Enjoyed working there, enjoyed flexibility in hours while going to college
Warehouse Assistant/Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Walker, MIJuly 21, 2015
This job was part-time and I worked while going to college. I learned how to manage my time because we were timed on our efficiency. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and management.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
being timed
Productive workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  Logan, WVJuly 5, 2015
I arrive at the store at 5 am. I run reports, count cigarettes, and pull all the money from the previous day. I open the store at 6am. From opening to the time I leave, I complete paperwork, deposit money, fill safe, stock cigarettes, check vendors in, and deal with various complaints and issues. From this job, I have learned how to be assertive and lead others according to the principles issued from the corporate office. I have learned to problem solve while dealing with several issues at once. I have learned how to get co-workers to work together to accomplish set goals. The co-workers are all very pleasant to work with. The job isn't hard. All is enjoyable.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Pay, Benefits
Busy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wynne, ARJune 5, 2015
Owner and managers are great people to work for. Some employees don't always like to pull their share of the load and others are great to work with.
worked alone had to do evrything in store
team member (Former Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCMay 15, 2015
had to keep store stocked and cleaned keep eye on custormers keep up with money you made on your shift so you wasn't short keep up with your register and keep eyes on kids
temporary work
Advance puller/checker (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 22, 2015
its good for people in college and or needing extra cash. no communication between managers and employees. never talked to uless its to complain to you about what your doing
Pros
easy, work on your own
Cons
seen as temporary
It was awesome
Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lake City, SCMarch 24, 2015
Being able to help individuals further their education and help them grow as people was the best thing about this job. I learned how to apply for scholarships and different grants and different program to help people
Chronic work-steady
Accounts Payable Supervisor - Freelance (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 14, 2015
You're working with numbers, so being organized and careful is very necessary. Making sure that invoices are correct. Making sure that you don't pay anything already paid. Always conducting checks and balances of the numbers. Paying vendors in a timely fashion. Keeping very good records of all transactions.
Pros
have to be organized and like working with numbers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at One Stop. Our community is ready to answer.