One Workplace Employee Reviews

Open work environment with strong emphasis on work/life balance
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 23, 2017
Fast paced culture that emphasizes the importance of teams. Great open work environment that allows for quick and effective communication. Managers are are always available for guidance, feedback and direction. Owners stress the importance of work//life balance and are very accommodating.
Fun Place to Work
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 23, 2017
Out of all my jobs this was by far my favorite job in my 30+ year career span. A great group of dedicated employees, that are hard working, team players. I loved what I did there, and loved the team that I worked on. I only left because the potential for salary increases was not there, you had to ask for an increase and prove why you deserved it. If you didn't speak up you wouldn't get an increase. Please note things may be different now, increases may be there. The other reason leaving is not too much room for growth, again smaller company. I would have stayed had compensation and growth potential been better.
Pros
Great People to work with and great owners to work for.
Cons
Lack of raises, 401K was very minimal, small room for growth
Excellent place to work, great work environment.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 17, 2017
They treat you like family. Coworkers are friendly. Managers are great. Awesome place to work. The only issue I had with OWP was, trying to get
a raise was like pulling teeth. So if you're offered the job, make sure you negotiate the best pay you can because it might be a few years before you'll get an increase.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
Almost impossible to get raises
Fun place tons of friendly people
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 8, 2017
The managers aren't really involving themselves in the work environment. Tends to cause really misleading messages throughout the work environment. Really bad with favoritism! Treat everyone equally !
Over worked
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 28, 2017
No work/life balance. Management does not support employees.
The clients were the best part of the job.
Employees worked against each other and not as a team.
Pros
Work from home.
Cons
Low pay
Busy day
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 22, 2016
I was busy all day with entering quotes, answering emails, converting quotes to orders, tracking orders and scheduling deliveries.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Little training
Awesome place to work
Ticket Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 10, 2014
I'm very blessed to be employed here. This is a great organization that aims to exceed their clients/customers expectations but they also look to take care of their employees as well. They are one of the remaining companies to offer incentives to their employees. Longevity is one of the things I admire about them.
Pros
You are in control of your destiny here. Hard work is rewarded.
Cons
That I haven't worked here longer.
Positive and Room to Grow Industry
Operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAMay 5, 2014
One Workplace is a great place to work for. I played a few important roles there and learned a lot from management and my co workers.
Pros
Everyone was very helpful. Very Positive
Cons
Hours have been cut
at one time it was a great place to work
Project Field Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 26, 2013
A typical day would be starting off by reviewing and updating the spreadsheet for vendor dates & deliveries, scheduling install and confirming dates with client and/or internal departments.

I learned a vast of knowledge working in the industry, like customer service, time management, project planning, knowledge of furniture.

Working at my previous employment was great for the first several years then management changed. I considered my coworkers like member of my family, We spent so much time together how could we not be a family.

The hardest part of the job, was not being able to clone myself to be at each and every project.

Most enjoyable part of my job is having the client love the install and there being no punch issues.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Fast-Paced, always busy
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 21, 2013
Everyday I received orders and would enter them in the Hedberg system. After I would get an order number I would then file each order under all order numbers on that particular order. I loved the clients that I had. They made my job a lot easier.
Pros
Fast-paced and busy
Cons
Too much competition
Fun place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CASeptember 4, 2013
One Workplace is a family-owned company that improves the lifestyle and efficiencies of organizations.
Employees are sometimes also treated like families creating easier workplace.
Productive and Fun.
Design Intern (Current Employee) –  Santa ClaraAugust 13, 2013
I have learn a lot about corporate furniture and the different types of finishes. Very friendly and fun work environment.
Pros
Very beautiful office space
Exciting and dynamic workplace!
Audio Visual Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 5, 2013
One Workplace is a fast paced, energetic, and dynamic workplace. Everyday at work brings new challenges and learning experiences. The management team allows individuals to contribute new ideas and encourge collaboration to make projects and daily work exciting!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at One Workplace. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2