OneAmerica Employee Reviews

Great company. Great environment. Great people to work with
New Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 18, 2017
I started at One America as a temp doing basic administrative work. A few months later I was hired on full time as a Final Action Processor. I love my job. It's honestly the only thing that's keeping me here in Indy. I literally get to sit at my desk all day with my ear plugs in and listen to music while I process cases. This job is everything that I've always prayed for. Monday - Friday, 9-5 (hours are flexible), under very little supervision. My days are very relaxing. End of month can get crazy at times but I usually don't complain. I've never felt so appreciated and valued as an employee until I came here to One America. I would recommend this job to anyone (well not anyone) but this is by far the BEST job I've ever had. I am so blessed to work here!
Pros
Mostly everything
Cons
They feed us too much. I can't lose weight working here
Fantastic
Participant Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 17, 2017
It's a great place to work! I've only been here a few months and I absolutely love the people and the atmosphere. I would definitely recommend this company to everyone!
Worst place ever stay far away
Developer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 12, 2017
This place is a complete hierarchy and they play favorites like mad. They micromanage you so crazy badly, to the point where you don't even feel comfortable being in the office because someone is always watching you. Working here was the worst experience of my entire life and I am truly appalled that any company is filled with such unethical liars.
Nice culture
TALENT ACQUISITION COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 21, 2017
Great culture and lots of opportunity to interact with other departments. No room for growth in my department - poor management. Not many young people.
Decent Benefits, Poor Management, Not a Future Facing Organization
DEVELOPMENT ANALYST, SENIOR (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 15, 2017
The benefits are great with an onsite health clinic, 401k match, DB plan after 5 years vesting. CEO is trying but the layers of management between him and the associates are clueless. VP level staff is a revolving door. Get recognized for big ideas that don't end up working out and then they leave. IT will soon be outsourced to one of the main Indian companies. Management thinks they can do no wrong but they are horrible. They will get what they pay for.
Great company
Processor II in Retirement Services (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 11, 2017
This is a great company to work for, they care about their employees and serve the community well. The benefits are great. They really strive to have a great work/ family balance.
Great atmosphere, laid back, co workers very nice.
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 3, 2017
Working at one America, the duties are following the script. Obtain confidential information, changing and resetting client's pin and password on the client's account.
Pros
Free fountain drinks
Cons
N/a
Stressful and racial
Fees Associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 3, 2017
There is a lot of under cover discrimination issues and poor management which leads to poor productive working ethics, there's also most important an great lack of concern of proper on the job training for employees that have been brought to management attention and ignored.
Pros
Flexible work sscheduling
Cons
Discrimination, poor Health insurance, false presentation from company on future goals for employees
great opportunity
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis INApril 28, 2017
It offers you an opportunity to grow as an individual. Normal day to day activities allow you the chance to excel. I am thankful for the opportunity that I was offered.
One America Helps Immigrant Families and Individuals
Paralegal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 19, 2017
One America is an organization that advocates and educates for the immigrant individuals and families in our community. Activities include rallying for fair wages, legal protections, education regarding immigrant rights and resources.
As a paralegal assistant for One America I get to help immigrants who are working to become United States Citizens in filling out paperwork and forms, giving direction and help and any other way that I can facilitate their process. It is very rewarding.
Nice place
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 8, 2017
really nice place to work in Indianapolis, nice office in downtown, great people & very structured organization. Would like to work there again if the opportunity arose.
loved working there
Producer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 25, 2017
Loved working downtown and the people were great. Nice balance in the call center. Supervisor was ok but other's were great.
Participant Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, INJanuary 10, 2017
I really loved working at Sun Tan City. They give free tanning which is amazing. There was a lot of chance for advancement, I was only there 3 months before being made a key holder and then another three to become management.
Great place
Processor II (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 22, 2016
Very family orientated. Really nice open-mnded hard working people work here. This is deffinitely a place for long tern commitment . I love the pace and the people.
Bad Policy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 22, 2016
Not happy with company policy. Basically supervisors pick and choose what and whom they want to make examples out of. Not very ethical at all. Company policy is not enforced unless they want to make your position available
Great
Participant Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 10, 2016
I like my job here, but there is not an opportunity for advancement. I want to move into a different position, but there is not a turn over.
Great places to work
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 4, 2016
These positions were different than administrative ones. However I really enjoyed the Accounts Receivable positions. I enjoy talking to people. I enjoyed resolving issues with delinquent accounts. These companies were a spin off of each other. One closed and I went with some of the other workers to the other company.
Pros
Having the opportunity to talk to and get to know my clients.
Cons
Having to deal with some unhappy and angry people
One AMerica is a great company
Participant Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 15, 2016
One America is a great company to work for, I have been with the company for over 3 years, in a call center environment. Ive learned many new things and I enjoy the field of retirement services, however I feel there is no room for opportunities, and growth
Pros
discount in cafeteria
Cons
no room for growth
Demanding
Payroll Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 10, 2016
The benefits are great, but the incentives aren't there. A lot of the departments have a revolving door due to the demanding hours & expectations, but not a lot of acknowledgment or appreciation for the work performed.
Stable company with poor management
New Business Processor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 7, 2016
OneAmerica has the potential to be a great place to work once they get effective leaders and managers in place that lead by example. Management fails to plan according to service needs resulting in employees having to work additional hours to keep up with service standards. Management also lacks professionalism by speaking negatively about employees to other employees. OneAmerica also needs to adapt to having more remote jobs as a lot of the positions could be worked from home. Health insurance is extremely high and plans have high deductibles. On the upside, OneAmerica has a new CEO who is awesome and transparent in his approach to business practices welcoming associate feedback.
Pros
Jean Friday, OneAmerica Best Days
Cons
Poor managers, inadequate training system

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OneAmerica. Our community is ready to answer.