OneBlood Employee Reviews in United States

Great Job if all you need is money
Donor Service Teamleader (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 15, 2016
This job will provide you with all the overtime you are willing to work. If your looking for a place to work 6 days and double shifts the is the place for you.
Pros
quickly acrue vacation time, lots of oppertunity for overtime
Cons
infrequent breaks, no proper place to eat meals, no approval for PTO
Horrible company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLMay 24, 2016
They say Non profit but the company receives donated blood and proceeds to process the blood then sells it, for a high price... they pay their employees horrible and treat them like animals, if you're thinking about working there please look at other company's because these CEOs are money hungry and will only cheat you.... Community blood center was the best until they merged with One Blood, that's when they laid off many hard working employees....
Pros
Non
Cons
Everything you hate about a job
Not a place to work if you have a family or want any life
Donor Services (Former Employee) –  FLMay 19, 2016
This company is operated as if it was a sales/retail company they are numbers driven and if you do not produce you will be terminated. You an on call 24/7/365 and cannot have any family life whatsoever. This company would be great if it followed the mission and not became such a sales job. The team member are great but the executives expect you to preform miracles that they will blame you for if the mission is not accomplished. Leadership is poor.
Dont work here.
Lab Assistant - Tampa General Hospital (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 12, 2016
Managers do not know how to manage, Everyone is on their own agendas, Managers do nothing to reinforce rules. Seniority plays a big part at this job if you arent one of the top dogs good luck surviving. Constant backstabbing, favoritism, and managers are apart of all of this too. Long hours, very very very very busy, and managers dot appreciate the sacrifice. Not worth it. dont work here. People do not stay long. Those who stay long dont have another choice due to lack of education. Stay in school. Dont work here.
Pros
Lunch is 30 minutes. Alot of days you dont even get to have a lunch because its so busy.
Cons
enjoyable, always learning everyday and saving lives
Biologics Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 26, 2016
Typical day in the lab would be coming in, putting on your lab coat and other protective wear, looking at the days projection of what we will be receiving, then what you'll be doing for the day. You're almost always doing a different job everyday being moved around so the job isn't so repetitive. Everyone jokes around and gets along for the most part, even in stressful times when we get very busy, the teamwork kicks in high. You're learning things constantly from something you didn't know in general to something they wanted to change and we have to learn all over. I enjoy what i do and the point of manufacturing safe blood and blood products donated from volunteers. Knowing that what I do any step of the process, I am one step closer to saving a life when the product it sent out.
Pros
break times, positive environment, benefits.
Cons
strict scheduling.
Weak Job Security After Recent Merger
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 12, 2016
Their have been massive layoffs that have left many workers fearful of losing their positions. Not a lot of communication between management and workers. Certain jobs do not allow for opportunity for growth. Good if you are a phlebotomist. Do not go into recruitment as there is very little job security.
Saving lives
Phlebotomist/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL 33186April 8, 2016
If you have a passion for helping others and would like to save lives,this is definitely the place to grow as a person and career wise. Knowing that one pint of blood can save three lives gives you the motivation to want to keep working. From Cancer patients to surgical patients, to bone marrow patients, to babies in need of blood to accidents. There is always a need for blood.
Pros
Advancement in career
Team oriented workplace
Blood Bank Technologist and Mentor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 6, 2016
Must have interpersonal skills and willingness to work as a team. Meeting patient care is bottom line. Contributing to help save patients' lives is extremely rewarding and makes the daily stressful environment worth every effort. Supporting staff and increasing morale is a must to be able to meet and exceed clients' customer service. Great organization currently undergoing major changes to grow and expand. Serving the community is the focus, and our blood donors are so appreciated for their priceless gift of life.
Pros
Good pay, team oriented. informed and engaged leadership.
Cons
Opportunities for growth and development are limited despite past history and work experience
Productive place to work that helps others.
Marketing Assistant/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 21, 2016
OneBlood cross trains and is open to advancing to other departments within the organization. Donating blood is life saving and working there made me feel like I was helping others and not just working for a paycheck.
Hostile work environment
Biologics Team Lead / Biologics assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 19, 2016
This company pretends it's about saving lives and helping the community the management is filled with devious both men and women they use their managerial positions to their advantage. There is favoritism and if you don't fit in with their click then you're harassed and retaliated against. Their only concern is how much money as you can make them. They turn their head to SOP's and regulations as long as there's no problems. They are mentally abusive.
Pros
PTO
Cons
Favoritism and drama started by management
Great place to work.
Supervisor, Donor Recruitment (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 27, 2016
Great place to work. Rewarding. Strong sense of purpose and contribution to community. Very demanding, challenging work environment. Requires flexibility of hours and commitment.
Pros
Strong sense of contribution towards community.
Cons
No cons.
Great job! People person a must!
Phlebotomy Technician/ Team lead (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLFebruary 20, 2016
Busy, I have learned a lot in the past 51/2 years. First; being on the bloodmobiles was very exciting, I worked the mobiles for 5 yrs. Great experience.....but now I am burnt out for the unpredictable schedule.
I now work in a donor center and have a fixed schedule! I love my job again!
Cutting edge in industry
Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLFebruary 10, 2016
Industry driven company moving forward with lean practices and resources.

Company has merged and acquired other companies and is looking to streamline practices.
Pros
Cutting edge
Cons
Communication
A lot of nice people.
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 20, 2015
Unfortunately, there is a culture of fear of being displaced due to lay off twice a year. Sadly, it promotes a culture of doggy world, befriend the boss to survive. It is who you know not what you know.
Pros
Considerate to work/life balance
Cons
Questionable ethical values by management, Bias in favor of a certain gender buddy friendship, A lot of confusion due to inconsistent double talk
DONOR SERVICES SPECIALIST APHERISIS (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 16, 2015
I enjoyed working for One Blood as a phlebotomist. A typical day was always a productive/fun day. I learned to draw blood out, how to manually take your blood pressure and many more things but the hardest part of the job was whenever a donor had a reaction. It became a little chaos.
close knit group
Reference Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 2, 2015
second to none IRL Reference Lab, All very knowledgeable staff, excellent training, everyone worked together and always discussed any interesting cases we worked on
Pros
people
Fun place to work
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLNovember 30, 2015
I like doing what i do, co workers are great, the atmosphere is good, you learn a lot and have fun with the donors. the hardest part about the job is the schedule, but you do get to see allot of different places and meet so many new people.
Pros
a lot of over time
Cons
short breaks and not always get a lunch.
Negative Environment
Application Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 5, 2015
Poorly run, management played favorites, unstructured work environment. Morale was low after continuous layoffs. After mergers, lost the environment that showed compassion and caring for the employees.
Good experience
Tele-recruiter (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLNovember 3, 2015
Making phone calls to have blood donors come in and donate. The hardest part of the job was dealing with management. My co-workers were amazing people.
Pros
customer service skills
Cons
management
if youre a man youll do well
Former Team Leader (Former Employee) –  FLOctober 13, 2015
I started as a donor service specialist 6 months before my room mate who happened to be a male. The job was fun and the donors were great, however the company sucks. I was promoted and was still making far less than my room mate. We both had the same work ethics however the males seem to thrive and the females get the short end of the stick with this company. I did get experience which was nice however the pay and the hours sucks.