OneBlood Employee Reviews

Management is horrible
Donor Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJune 1, 2017
This company is absolutely horrible. You have no life at all and you are forced to work overtime. Your weekends you can kiss goodbye. If you are religious they dont acknowledge it at all. Management is horrible and talk to you any kind of way. They dont care if you are sick they expect you to be at work and not to mention that if you have a doctors note they wont accept it. They talk to you like you are beneath them. At first I liked the company because of the money. I was bringing home $1000.00 and some change. Its good money but you work for every dollar. They also have you working like 6 days a week plus you dont know if you will get a lunch or not.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Horrible managers. No lunch break. No time off.
Very fun place to learn and grow in the environment.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 23, 2017
The employees are the most fun to learn from. I work hard and have fun being a part of a big team. They always have an eye on me in the best way and I know how to keep my good work up. I know what to do and how to do it and I work better with a routine.
Fast-paced
OneBlood Community Chairperson (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 13, 2017
OneBlood is an amazing company to work with. The employees and management actually care about the company's mission and want to come to work to execute that mission every day.
Great Company to work
Donor Recruitment (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLMay 2, 2017
Busy day trying to convince people to donate blood
I learned how to talk about how important is to be a donor, to save life.
Management are great!
The hard part of this job was when I didn't accomplish my goals to bring people in the bus to donate blood.
Good Start up for phlebotomy
Donor Services Specialist/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 30, 2017
ONLY a good start up for phlebotomy. Any room for advancement comes with a pay cut. Hard to get 40 hours. Weekends off are rare. Quality of life is minimal. Feel underappreciated. Best part is your co workers.
Pros
Can have slow days
Cons
No lunch breaks, Not guaranteed 40 hours. No room for advancement. Lots of cliques
No review needed
Licensed Practical Nurse/ Therapeutic Apheresis (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 29, 2017
no thank you, no re view needed. I do not wish to submit a review at this time. I do not feel this is appropriate nor needed while searching for a new job.
Fun and nice working place
Front Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cypress Creek, FLApril 27, 2017
Answer phones and greet clients warmly.
Assist in filing duties.
Perform basic bookkeeping duties.
Compile financial records.
Perform stenography and dictation.
Reroute calls to appropriate people.
Answer inquiries about company.
Help organize office activities.
Prepare coffee or get water for staff.
Insert bills in envelopes and mail.
Hang up company policies around the office.
Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems and personal computers.
Retrieve files for personnel.
Take and deliver messages.
Sort and distribute incoming mail.
Fix malfunctioning office equipment.
Count or measure mail.
Handle travel arrangements and expense reports for staff.
Schedule meetings and conference rooms.
CAll IT for computer assistance.
Post work schedules.
Perform data entry.
Prepare payroll checks.
Restock supply closet with printing paper, ink, pens, paper clips, staplers, files and folders, and correction fluid
great place to work and make friends
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hialeah Gardens, FLApril 25, 2017
This is a great environment for people friendly characters. You are exposed to the community and meet many different people. this job allows you to network and grow in your career, weather it is in healthcare or community relations. The salaries are not too great but they will get you by if you need something immediately. HR is fair and will work to get you the salary deserved based on your experience.
Pros
company potlucks are great
Cons
lunches are super short
Love
Donor Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 24, 2017
I love helping save lives everyday. You collect blood for donation, educate people on the demand for blood an the importance of blood donation. Decent medical insurance
Fun place to work
Donor Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 18, 2017
Wonderful place to work and the staff are also great but the work hours suck there's no set schedule so every week your schedule changes.

A typical day you can do anything from 7 to 10 hours a day. Clock-in is very random as well you can start as early as 5am and as late as 230pm.

Management is not bad.

Work culture is good.

The hardest part of the job is not knowing what your schedule is going to be like for next week.

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting different people and places every day
Yikes
Biologics Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 18, 2017
Management is terrible: they show extreme favoritism even though they do not have favorites and that they treat your outside of work life as if it is just a privilege, not a right to enjoy life. Maybe management should stop showing favoritism and give employees their requested time off? Everyone would be happier knowing when they will be short and knowing they can enjoy their life outside of work. Also, the work environment is very hostile because everyone needs something to gossip about. I love saving lives and being apart of such a team that does that type of work
Pros
Decent pay at first, Pto, healthcare
Cons
Overworked, favoritism, no right to life outside of work
Daily
Financial Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 16, 2017
Performed all special projects for Controller. Validated all new systems to ensure they were working properly. Created new Great Plains after merger of 3 companies, consolidating them into one new system.
Pros
n/a
Cons
After merger, numerous layoffs
Long hours, a lot of weekend and holiday work. Frequent last minute schedule changes.
Phlebotomist Team Leader/ CDL driver (Current Employee) –  Marianna, FLApril 14, 2017
No balance of schedule. May come in at 430 am one day and work 1 to 9 pm the next. Under staffed. No reinforcement from upper management when issues arise. Offer PTO but frequently denied when needed. Added workload with no raise in pay. Average annual raise .30 cent an hour.
Benefits
Cons
No set schedule. Frequent weekend and holiday work.
A Complete Disappointment
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLApril 10, 2017
There is no work life balance with this job. I was working 6 to 7 days a week and the pressure to make daily, weekly and monthly goals demanded that I work 50 to 60 hours a week. The goals were unrealistic and my territory had me putting 100 miles a day on my car some days. The way the territory is divided made the job even more difficult to get everything done in a normal 40 hour work week. If a blood drive wasn’t doing well I was expected to be on call to recruit 7 days a week. I took the job because helping people is important to me. I was miserable, stressed and tired. This company has high turnover and high burn out level. There was not a formal training program. Everything is learning on the job and if you make a mistake you are written up verses coached and trained. I was told by multiple people that things have changed as the company keeps growing.
Pros
Great benefits, Great co works
Cons
NO work life balance
One paycheck
Medical Technologist, Blood Bank (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 28, 2017
The company kept getting bigger and bigger by merging or taking over smaller blood centers. Condensed management and centralize resource often result in more operational absurdity and less humanity when treating their employees.
Pros
competitive salary
Cons
awful workplace culture
Worse Place to work
Community Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 24, 2017
Worse management I have ever seen. They don't care about employees, workplace culture does not exist. Long hours of work, unsafe conditions to work. Run!!!
Cons
fun place to work just inconsistant hours
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 20, 2017
Being a single mother the hours were quite difficult to work around.
A typical day would be arriving at the base and getting our needs for the day and then going to a specific location and draw blood
really nice place to work , specially if you like to help others
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Lantana, FLMarch 15, 2017
i started taking care of donors, perform mini-physicals (temperature, blood pressure, register donors in the system, perform phlebotomy, perform whole blood procedure or apheresis procedures.
the most enjoyable part of the job is every day we help our community and we help our donor to become heroes to our community help others and saving lives .
Interesting Place to Work
Donor Development Coordinator/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 2, 2017
When I worked there, the new management was just taking over. I worked in a capacity that was upper management. It could be very stressful and rewarding at the same time. As long as goals are met, things are fairly uneventful. If you are not meeting numeric goals, such as collections of blood products, then you will be ousted. Hourly staff have a predictable outcome...but they tend to complain about way too much.
Pros
pay, paid time off, benefits
Cons
stressful, micromanaged
No appreciation and you are just a number to them.
TeamLeader (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 21, 2017
The Company just cares about numbers instead of making sure staff is doing ok as well as the equipment and vehicle's are properly taken care of. Easy experience for phlebotomy and become a driver for the mobile team but the fast pace environment can overwhelm others. I used to enjoy going into work my first 2 years , after the company merge and others got in certain positions, the company just fell apart and became about getting numbers. Their is no excitement about that place at all. You have to be flexible completely to work for oneblood. I do not recommend this job to my medical friends, you can not have a life working for a company like them.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
short breaks, mobiles breaks down, goals on the blood, horrible management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OneBlood. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9