OneExchange Employee Reviews

awful management
csr (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 15, 2016
Do not work here this is a terrible place to work. Management is awful. the senior HR leadership is awful, all WTW people, and they have no idea how to manage anything. Local mgt is bad too, save yourself the trouble and go work for AON or Mercer
Always learning and Fast workplace.
Benefit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 29, 2016
A typical day at OneExchange consist of me helping a Medicare eligible retirees with transitioning from group healthcare coverage to individual coverage. Through a lot help from management, I have learned different ways to help retirees receive coverage with the healthcare plan they want. The enviroment is great, working with other coworkers is great beaus everyone is willing to figure out what the problem are and find a solution. The hardest part of the Job is finding a plan that works for every retiree. The most enjoyable part of the job is hearing a costumer say "Thank you so much, i've been worried about this for along time. And you just took care of it without a problem" hearing those type of things makes the job worth it.
Cons
Short breaks
High Call Volume Call Center
Training Specialist I/BA (New Client & SST) (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 21, 2016
I have been with One Exchange (formerly Extend Health) for 3 years now. No, I'm not permanent, but at this point that's my fault for not staying this last season. Even though it's a seasonal position, they pay for your licensing and the non-residential licenses of the states they apply for for you as a Benefits Advisor. I have been in 3 roles, 2 of which are the same, and I enjoyed every minute of it. As a BA, a typical day consists of taking call after call consulting and educating Medicare eligibles on their new plan choice(s) and helping them enroll. As a Training Specialist, you're a part of a team dedicated to provided adequate and quality training to new hires. You can easily build a skill set here. The hardest part is adjusting to this call center's requirements and standards and for some learning about Medicare, but once you have it the job is easy peasy. Management is cool! The ones I've had were always geared to helping us become better in whatever role you're in. I've recommended people come here and they plan on returning.
Pros
Lunches are provided some days, flexibility, pay, meeting new people
Cons
shift bids, seasonal employment, no benefits for seasonal employees
benefits advisor
Extend Health-BENEFITS ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 10, 2016
great place to work if you are able to get on full time take quite a few calls during the season very easy job. learned a lot about insurance management is great always willing to help. co-workers are great very nice
working in a call center helping our clients to choose a Medicare Health plan
Benefit Advisor (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTMarch 7, 2016
working in a call center learning all aspects of Medicare and keeping PHI safe and secure, handling a high volume of calls during the Annual Enrollment Period
The company is called Extend Health, not OneExchange
Benefits Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTMarch 7, 2016
It was a good seasonal job. A typical day was selling Medicare policies to people who were retired or disabled. They made sure their employees were trained for their job function.
Pros
Great training.
Cons
Totally seasonal
Clean Secure
Benefit Advisor (Former Employee) –  TXJanuary 26, 2016
Very professional environment. paid training. no interview! low key off season preparation work. the Managers were very focused on building their teams and developing a competitive edge in the work place
Pros
Frequent luncheon spreads, 401K after 30 days
Cons
Seasonal Employment
Productive and busy with Medicare enrollments
Health Benefit Advisor (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 21, 2015
Enrolling medicare eligible retirees that's loosing group coverage and transitioning them into individual medicare coverage and rx plans. A typical day is 8-30 applications enrolled. The hardest part of the job is trying to get an elderly person who doesn't have any one to help them with the enrollment process and they are hard of hearing and/or lack of retaining information. The most reliable part of the job is knowing everyone I enroll will not have any gaps in coverage.
Productive and fun work enviornment
Customer Service Rep Level 2 (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 20, 2015
On a typical day at OneExchange is interaction with retirees via phone and help resolving problems. Since I have been employed I have learned patience and senior senitivity. I have learned to adapt to any situation. The management here a OneEchange is very good they have all slowly graduated through out the company so they are very understanding of your role and what you endure on a day to day basis. In all honest there is really no hard part about my job, Oneexchange has provided their employes with all the tools to help us help our customers.
Pros
Free Lunches monthly, monthly bonuses
Cons
No benefits for part time rep
company is a fun and competitive company to work for
Customer Sevice Representative (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 9, 2015
company is a good company to work for other than the fact that they don't have a lot of advancement opportunities. they provide beneficial training that's pertinent to the job performed and their management team are a good group of people to work with.

Want to know more about OneExchange?

Ask a question
Prodcutive environment. Room to move up
Licensed Benefit Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 8, 2015
One Exchange is a great company to work for. You have plenty of room to move up in the company in no time. We are always having potlucks and different contests. Our training is constantly being refreshed so that we are up to par on knowledge of our job and our clients. The co-workers, managers, training are great. And so is the pay.
Insurance sales to Medicare eligible individuals
Benefits Advisor (Former Employee) –  Jordan, UTJuly 6, 2015
The company exploits elderly employees and the overall attitude is negative. Seasonal work and too much emphasis is placed on selling rather than customer satisfaction. The management does not communicate well with the workers and conflicting orders to workers appear frequently. Managers are worried about new talent taking their jobs;rather than building them up to make the company stronger. Much jealousy and back biting. The hardest part of the job is working with retirees who are losing current coverage and are being forced into something they can't afford. The best part of the job is working with the greatest generation of Americans.
Pros
Quality products offered in most markets
Cons
Too much emphasis on sales, not enuogh customer satisfaction..
Work experience
Data Entry and notes for the Benefit Adv (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 29, 2015
I was able to learn new things everyday along with meeting new people as well. The experience all over was a great experience. However, the opportunity that was given was priceless.
Outstanding place to work where opportunites for skills used.
Application Data Processor (Former Employee) –  Richardson TXJune 16, 2015
Each day I worked at OneExchange was an opportunity to add to my skill set. I learned a lot about the insurance industry and how it affected retirees. Management was very focused and wanted each employee to succeed. The co-workers were very helpful and willing to assist other workers. The hardest part of the job was not knowing your final day since it was a seasonal job. I had an opportunity to observe other supervisors and their teams. I think that our supervisor was fantastic and was an asset to each employee on the team.
Pros
The hours of operation were acceptable and the trainers were great.
Cons
The job was seasonal and had a high turn over.
A fun working environment and a great working opportunity
Application Data Processor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 15, 2015
I was a application data processor and I loved my position! My supervisor was amazing and fun to work with. My team was like family and it made my everyday working experience even better! The job always have fun activities for the employees. The days go by fast. I can't wait to start back working there!
Pros
Potlucks, fun activities, and great benefits
Cons
short breaks
love the job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 3, 2015
extend health is one of the best place to work the job can be challenging at times but overall i loved working there the only this i didnt like was that the job is seasonal
Pros
everything
Cons
N/A
Great job for seasonal work in Customer Service or Benefit Advisor.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Jordan, UTApril 28, 2015
Salary was high for Customer Service callers for this seasonal job. Training was 2 1/2 weeks and was inadequate, but I passed their tests and learned my job on the phones with a lot of help during the first 2 months, thanks to a great supervisor and good coworkers. Management was supportive as well. Getting the training I needed was, ironically, the hardest part of my job, but I was resourceful, persistent and figured it out. My shift was 7 am - 3:30 pm M - F, answering inbound calls for Medicare retirees. I loved this job because I served these retirees by resolving their health issues that truly affected their lives.
Pros
Great support from coworkers and supervisor; monthly bonus based on performance and compliance
Cons
Seasonal work only; inadequate job training.
Revolving door
Health Insurance Sales & Mentoring (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTApril 23, 2015
False promises. good pay, terrible environment. No security.
Restrooms dirtier than a rest stop. Under staffed customer service department
temporary job assignment
Application Data Processor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 12, 2015
very busy and productive. I learned how to use the software and coding for applying for different Medicare and Medicaid plans.
Fast-paced Work Environment with Deadlines to Meet
HR Administrator/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTMarch 2, 2015
OneExchange provides a very fast-paced work environment because of the nature of the work done there in the healthcare industry. There are many opportunities to advance one's career and make an impact in people's lives.

2.6