Oneida Healthcare Employee Reviews

low pay, but rewarding and hard work
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee) –  ECF and MaternityDecember 10, 2017
A very clean hospital with an excellent staff. Great Residents in the ECF! Benefits are good, but expensive.
A lot of rooms to clean, and management double checks them for cleanliness.
Pros
learn a lot, good benefits
Cons
always short staffed, benefits are expensive.
It is a good place to work.
Medical Office Clerk- Neurology Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2017
There is a good support system for employees to be able to talk to the managing staff. The comments from the staff is at least listened to and considered for improvements as needed.
A decent place to work.
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oneida, NYNovember 19, 2017
A decent place to work. Co-workers are fun. Cafeteria is large and accommodating. Management is usually open to suggestions and the CEO gives us regular updates on the financial status of the hospital.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
December 12, 2017

Thanks for the review. We have to be honest, after reading your comments we’re confused how you only rated us two stars? You seem to point out some items that normally lend to a higher rating – fun staff, accommodating café, good communications with management – what areas brought down your overall rating? As a current employee, please consider reaching out to our HR department (hcrowe@oneidahealthcare.org) so we can better understand how we could elevate your overall level of satisfaction. Thanks for your commitment to exceptional care… always.

Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oneida, NYOctober 22, 2017
toileting, bathing, feeding, getting up and put to bed
to have compassion and patient
a wide range of culture
when they die
how close you get to some of the residents
November 6, 2017

Looks like you described the role of a CNA in extended care pretty accurately. They are some of the hardest working individuals in direct care. If you ever find it difficult to handle some of the emotions of the position related to when residents pass away, please stop by the HR department in the Hospital and inquire about Bridges. Bridges is a local nonprofit that we are partnered with to provide employees with access to free counseling to handle a number of difficulties in life including the one you mentioned. If you feel uncomfortable coming in HR the brochures are also located next to HR in the hallway. It’s private and confidential. Thank you for your commitment to our residents.

good place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Oneida, NYOctober 5, 2017
this hospital is the cleanest one i have ever worked in as well as the nicest. i like everything in this place but administration its a very small hospital so everyone is close.
Pros
pay cleanliness
Cons
administration
November 6, 2017

Thank you for the kind words regarding the cleanliness of our hospital and the overall quality. We have to give credit to our Environmental Services Department and medical staff as they really are exceptional in what they do. We’re interested to learn more about your comments regarding administration. We have always taken a “lead by example” approach and would find it valuable to know if somehow this was not translating correctly to key members of our team such as yourself. Please consider reaching out to our HR department so we can we better understand of what led to that comment: hcrowe@oneidahealthcare.org. Thanks for your employment at Oneida Healthcare.

I was an okay place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Oneida, NYAugust 14, 2017
I like the hospital because it let me get experience in both emergency and inpatient situations. It was hard to see my children working my shift, and I could not get a better shift unless I had seniority.
Cons
hard to get breaks
October 6, 2017

We understand that working 2nd or 3rd shifts can make it difficult to have a good work/life balance. We try to help employees by providing a generous amount of PDO from the start of their employment. Unfortunately, due to the lack of turnover in some departments and the process of seniority as you mentioned, it can take time for your ideal shift to become available. We thank you for your employment at Oneida Healthcare and wish you and your family a healthy and happy life.

fair place
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Oneida, NYAugust 9, 2017
OHC was a nice place to work. The staff there cared greatly for their patients. They worked well together. The work place was full of many different cultures in which i learned a lot from.
October 6, 2017

We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed your employment. We think your feedback reflects the high level of people we employ and their commitment to coworkers, residents, and patients. Thank you for your time as an employee at Oneida Healthcare.

Worst department I've worked in
Cat Scan Technologist (Former Employee) –  Oneida, NYJune 19, 2017
The morale in the department is so low. You are singled out and pushed out of your position if you are not liked by the department manager. There is no team unity within the department. The employees are pushed to their working limits with no compensation in pay. It has to be the worst department I've ever worked in.
Pros
Great PTO and benefits
Cons
Low morale, management is horrible to its employees
October 6, 2017

We’re sorry to hear that you thought so negatively about your employment experience. It is true that our imaging staff is a very busy group. Honestly, they have done such a great job taking care of patients that many people now choose Oneida Healthcare for their imaging results and that sometimes makes for a busy day. We’re surprised you thought there was no team unity among your department as employees normally rate their job satisfaction above average in our imaging department. We invite you to reach out to us so that we can better understand what experiences led to your negative review. Our HR department can be reached at hcrowe@oneidahealthcare.org. Thanks in advance.

Not enough staff
CS Tech (Current Employee) –  Oneida, NYJune 10, 2017
In our department we only one tech and one supervisor plus a manager. On evening we only have one tech and one supervisor, we use to have one supervisor and two techs for days and evening but they eliminated one position due cut backs. When you have two techs taking turns working in Endoscopy you need two techs in central todo the job. That second tech works into the evening to give them two techs besides a supervisor.
Pros
work as a team
Cons
don't work as a team to get work done
October 6, 2017

Thanks for your 5-star review. Changes in healthcare over the recent years has continued to hamper the amount of resources organizations like Oneida Healthcare have at their disposal. We always aspire to have sufficient staffing that supports safe patient outcomes and employee success in the work place. We’re sorry if you found recent changes in staffing difficult to manage. As a current employee, we encourage you to talk to your manager or HR about how you feel these changes have affected your ability to complete your job successfully. We hope to hear from you.

fast paced
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hobart, WIFebruary 1, 2017
Very fast passed working environment. Seen many different things and worked with many different personalities. Hardest part of the job was keeping everyone happy, but the most enjoyable part was seeing my patients thrilled with how their appointment went.
Pros
working on different procedures
Cons
trying to please everyone
Working for people who dont care
Lab Assistant/ Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Oneida, NYJanuary 30, 2017
Get to work bearly brieft about what's ahead for shift. Piles of paperwork no organization. You can tell management a hundred times what the problem is and they will ignore it or deal with it 6 months later. Did not get paid what I was worth. Never got raises but was always needed for extra work because I was the only one that they could "depend" on. I learned how to interact with many people and many programs. The hardest about my job was always being mandated to cover shifts. The enjoyable part was that I loved the individuals I worked with.
Pros
People
Cons
Short staffed always and management
good place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Oneida, NYJuly 7, 2016
friendly environment
good people to work with
days can be long but its enjoyable
patients are usually fridnly
quick services and a good lunch room
Not as good a place to work as people think
Worker (Former Employee) –  NYJune 28, 2016
Materials management use to be a good department to work in but now it's under new management and it's going down hill fast! And the higher up management doesn't even try to back up their employees or even look into what is really going on in a department. Favoritism is a major roll with this company!! The only good thing is the paid time off.
Oneida Healthcare has caring staff, Rn's, LPN's, Aides, Ward Clerks, Housekeeping, will go the extra mile for there patients.
Ward Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oneida, NYMay 17, 2016
Working at Oneida Healthcare was an experience I enjoyed and hated. Management was poor in the way problems where handled and addressed. Instead of dealing with things in a mature fair manner it was the opposite. Just my experience and what I saw indirectly and directly it was like watching drama in a high school setting. To try to go up the ladder and deal with issues was the same, upper management acted as if they care but when it came to workers and issues action showed different.

Working with RN's, LPN's, Aides, Doctor's and Ward Clerk's was a joy and learned alot, great bunch of workers.

Better management, better communication skills, better problem solving and more encouragement to the staff that holds the place together.
Pros
co workers, doctors, staff joy to work with
Cons
poor management, lack of communication, problems handled poorly, gossip
Under Staffed
Food Serivce Helper/ Grill Cook. When I (Former Employee) –  Oneida, NY 13421March 31, 2016
Food Service Helper/ Grill Cook. When I am a Checker on the line in the evenings, I run up evening nourishment before tray line, and after i break down in dish room or put the stuff away. When I am a Grill Cook I have to cook hot foods for lunch and then again for dinner. In the evenings I cook on the grill, make sandwiches in the deli all while cashing customers out. I also have to close the Cafe, make sure everything is clean and stocked and ready to go for the morning.
Current Job
Server Administrator (Systems Administrator) (Current Employee) –  Oneida, NYMarch 16, 2016
Great place and environment to work. Nice people and a great location. The hospital really cares about it's patients and employees.
good learning experience
Patient Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oneida, NYJanuary 21, 2016
Being that this was my first job on the books i loved the chance to learn what a normal work place was like. I enjoyed the feeling advancing and learning new positions in the work area.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
no benefits
overall good place for employment.
Medent Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oneida, NYDecember 16, 2015
Overall a good place to work. I learned how to be a medical biller and for the most part enjoyed the everyday work flow. The system we used had never been billed out of before January 1, 2014 for clinical billing so there were many obstacles to overcome. I learned overtime to adapt to change as the world of medical billing is ever changing day by day.
Excellent team to work with in a hospital setting
LPN/Surgical Tech (Former Employee) –  Oneida, NYOctober 7, 2015
My typical day at work was an early morning none stop patient care as we got our patient s up bathed and passed their medication. We where always learning about new equipment. My co-workers where great to work with.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Sometimes there was no time for breaks.
Fast Paced
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee) –  Oneida, NYMay 31, 2015
It was an okay place to work. People didn't really respect each other too much. Not enough hours for the drive time. It was a fast paced environment. Many rooms to clean. Pretty easy work day.
Pros
early shift
Cons
disrespectful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oneida Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6