Oneida Indian Nation

Oneida Indian Nation Employer Reviews

Great place to learn a variety of different accounting skills
Accounting Manager (Current Employee), Verona, NYAugust 1, 2014
The benefits are great, co-workers are very friendly and usually helpful. The job is never boring. Things are always changing and growing. The politics are the hardest part of the job.
Shifting environment
Fuel Attendant (Former Employee), Verona,NYJune 10, 2014
Pros: supplied uniform, fun coworkers
Cons: no ac, long drive to work
Start out fueling rigs and helping the customers
learned how to fuel all types of rigs
management was helpful coworkers too
hardest part was keeping busy on slow days
most enjoyable was some of the drivers were fun to chat with
Different Culture, not my cup of tea anymore
Poker Dealer (Former Employee), Verona, NYMay 22, 2014
Pros: good money from dealer on up.
Cons: addicted gamblers
I was always treated good by the Nation and Management. The hours are hard on family life and you need a strong stomach for this type of work. Many nice coworkers and customers. The hardest part off the job is if you think about it all the people losing money, some of them don"t have the money to lose. The best part of the job is all the people you – more... meet. – less
BEWARE
supv (Former Employee), Verona NYMarch 18, 2013
Pros: teammates are great
Cons: politics-benefits-safety
The working environment is politicized, horrible and the upper management is quick to find scapegoats and throw their good people under the bus in order to save their jobs. Watch out!

Safety is a real issue, as they don't feel the need to follow *all* safety rules, just the ones that back up their position...they operate in the periphery of the laws – more... of the land....just like the tax situation, they press full advantage as long as they can.

Policy reversals are frequent and easily done at a whim; for what their associates and employees go through, they don't pay near enough. Benefits are substandard. Continued education is for the brown-nosers only.

I enjoyed the associates who worked with me and didn't mind hard work alongside my associates, but it was like pulling teeth to get backup from fellow managers....the poor vendors wait & wait for their payment on accounts: sellers beware! Sometimes good work isn't enough & a do-over is demanded or--no pay!

At the end I was the happiest "let go" person ever. I just hate it for the people who worked with me and are still there. They tell me the environment has gotten worse. – less
Fast paced, with extreme pressure to be good with money.
Cage Cashier (Former Employee), Oneida, NYFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: long distance from my home for pay i recieved.
Loved the job, didnt like it was grave position. Learned to pay attention in great detail to cash handling. Management was well educated with job duties. Advancement took a long time, with little compensation.
Great place to work and grow.
Communications Technology Coordinator (Former Employee), Verona, NYMarch 31, 2012
I had a really good experience at the Oneida Indian Nation. I met and worked with a lot of great people. Developed a lot of my skills there.