Oneida Nation Enterprises Employee Reviews

A versatile environment with many opportunity
Stewarding Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oneida, NYSeptember 19, 2017
The experience I had with Oneida Nation Enterprise was a educational as well a leadership building. From entering the establishment you are welcome. They allowed chance for improvement to be a spread on the table.
Good company to work for.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Yellow Brick Road CasinoSeptember 5, 2017
Working in the Casino, there is never a dull or slow day. The people I worked with were great ! They were fun to work with, even the Supervisors are fun to work with providing you do your work quickly and accurately. They pay is good, the work is fast paced.
Pros
Pay, Benifits, Hours available.
Fun job with competitive pay and benefits
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Vernon, NYAugust 12, 2017
No complaints. Turning Stone is a great establishment with a nice atmosphere. Employees are treated fairly. Good benefits (especially 401K), competitive pay for fun work, break every hour, and everyone is close.
Pros
20% discount, free holiday meals
Cons
Have to work holidays and weekends
Best Place to work
Counter Server (Current Employee) –  Verona, NYMay 26, 2017
This is the best place I have worked in years. Management is always taking care of their own. The casino itself looks out for their employees. Co-workers are phenomenal. You get catered to in some instances. This is definitely the job to get if you are looking for a full time work with possible overtime and advancement opportunities. Also this is definitely job security.
Pros
Cons
Always at work but you do get family time.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Mailroom Courier (Former Employee) –  Verona, NYJanuary 4, 2017
I would consistently meet new people and be able to help others. I loved being able to answer a lot of different questions even if I didn't know the answer; I knew who to could get the answers.
Pros
Affordable health care
Cons
one sided views
Fun fast paced workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oneida, NYOctober 18, 2016
co-workers and management on a great level of personal and professional level. A typical day on the casino floor is different every day.
Pros
advancement
Cons
turnover
busy and productive
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Verona, NYAugust 13, 2016
your work day has many deferent adventures it changes very quickly
VIPS can call at any given time for limo transportation. there is always a guest or groups who need some sort of bus or limo. you have to react very quickly and efficiently.
Pros
real good benifits
Cons
pay noy up to job respnsabilities
The Oneida Nation does not pay security enough.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chittenango, NYJuly 3, 2016
I enjoyed the job and I loved my coworkers. However, I left because it did not pay enough. As well as, the administration not really caring about security, which was a bummer.
Pros
Excellent coworkers
Cons
Not enough pay
Fast paced
IT Project Management Office Director (Former Employee) –  Verona, NYMarch 1, 2016
The extraordinary dedication of staff keeps things moving to meet the guest needs beyond compare. Dynamic. Professional. Complex. Lovely setting.
Discriminating
Technician (Former Employee) –  Verona, NYFebruary 17, 2016
They are discriminating and do not hire men with long hair at Turning Stone Casino and Yellow Brick Road Casino. Women can wear their hair any length they want. I was told I was the most qualified candidate for a position but they would not hire me because of my hair length. My hair would have been kept neat and pulled back in a pony tail while working, but this was not accepted. I also thought that the Native Americans, of all people, would be more accepting of men with long hair.
Pros
Cons
discriminating
Pleasant and secure
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oneida, NYJuly 8, 2015
I enjoy my job at Oneida Nation Enterprises. The hardest part of my job is dealing with irate guests, and the most enjoyable aspect is meeting new friendly people.
Pros
Paid breaks, flexible schedule
Fun, Exciting Public Relations/Gaming Experience!
High Stakes Blackjack/Tournament Dealer/Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 25, 2015
Wonderful people, Wonderful place to work! Many exciting days, and nights working as Public Relations Expert/Ambassador. Great leadership, Great bosses, Many perks such as Free Event Tickets on Casino Grounds as well as Sports/Entertainment Events off site in the greater Green Bay Area!
Pros
Many Perks/Excellent Benefits Package!
Cons
Unless you are a tribal member you can not excel into a Management position.
Poor morale and poor working enviornment
IT (Former Employee) –  Verona, NYApril 16, 2015
Also known as Turning Stone Resort and Casino.

This is not the place to work. It may seem like a decent place, this is no longer the case. After working there for 4.5 years, the company had transformed from tight-nit family to globocorp that doesn't give **** about its employee's. You've now become a number.

Of course they'll offer you things and promise you things, but they never come to fruition. They'll string you along and get as much out of you as they can.

Of course not all of Turning Stone is a bad place to work, this solely reflects the IT department. Although, friends in other departments say its the same there too. Take it all with a gain of salt.
A good stepping stone toward a career job
Gas Attendant / Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Canastota/Verona BeachFebruary 18, 2015
Not a bad company to work for with some room for advancement. The employment opportunities are more oriented on minimum wage jobs.
Decent Paycheck with full time hours, but no job security.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oneida, NYMarch 3, 2014
Responsible for upholding guest service standards. Performed safe audits daily. Handled all store issues in absence of the manager. Verified tills,coupons,lottery payouts, cashier reports. Scanned in products from vendors using handheld scanner and checked against invoices. Prepared daily cover sheet and money sheet with bank deposit. Assisted store associates with voids,refunds, and customer disputes
Tough hours, great co-workers
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Verona, NYFebruary 12, 2014
There is very little possibility to spend time with family, management and co-workers are great though.
I enjoyed the people i worked with.
Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  Oneida, NYFebruary 3, 2014
On any given day the time to show up for work was different according to the days work.
I learned that the best way to get the job done is to be flexable.
As the captain my staff that working with me were very good at doing what they were told and doing the extras without having to be told. They knew what i would want weather it was express verbally or not.
The hardest part of the day was when managerment would change procedures at the last minute.
My favorit part of the job was when the guest sent in letters of that for a job well done. That was when you know your doing good things because managetment very seldom let you know you did well.
Pros
the job was a great one.
Cons
Management in that department. I met a lot of great people above them!
Security for the Casino
Meals on Wheels Driver (Former Employee) –  Oneida, WINovember 12, 2013
Trained in Police Arrest Tactics, CPR, and AED all for one month. Keeping the Casinos secure, and making sure the patrons have fun and are safe.
Pros
Good Pay, advancement
Cons
gets boring
good place to work, but not to have a career.
Pit Clerk/Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Verona, NYOctober 11, 2012
entering players wins and losses, so the pit boss can give the players comps for eating and other rewards. A fast paced job at times and an important job for the casino. pit clerk must keep the pit area supplied of needed supplies and get what ever the pit boss needs.
Pros
execellant benefits
Cons
jobs can be eliminated
I liked managing the diversity of people.
Cage/Vault Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oneida, WIMarch 26, 2012
Each day was differnt and exciting. I learned many different aspects of working in the financial industry as well as how to become an effective leader. The management was okay, but my immediate supervisor really was not open to new ideas. My co-workers were funb to work with and we were like a family. Terminating someone was the hardest part of the job. I liked working with the employees and customers, that was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
paid lunch breaks, paid every week, discounts at many retailers.
Cons
sometimes the hours left much to be desired.